• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Cross-universe skins would be great! I don't know if all of the Squadron Supreme would mesh with their Justice League counterparts, but Nighthawk for Batman could work, and Power Princess is basically Wonder Woman in terms of design. (at the very least, if we do DLC costume packs, that could be a theme, even if it's just the characters wearing a costume of their cross-company counterpart)

As for cross-gender skins, it could work. Some examples might not fit (like Laura Kinney for Wolverine - they may have the same powers, but Wolverine's considerably bulkier), but maybe something like Mar-Vell for Captain Marvel or Jessica Cruz for Green Lantern could be an option. (I'm not familiar with Jessica Cruz or Mar-Vell, so I don't know if they'd fight the same way)

I want to get the base roster done first, though it shouldn't be too long before that happens. Beyond that, I do want to take some time to get further into the list of costumes, especially if DLC costumes are going to be something that we include. (though I feel like DLC costumes will be in smaller amounts, like groups of four costumes with a theme) Costumes seem like pretty popular jobs, though I don't want to do them too close together since they're image-heavy.
I don't think all of the Squadron Supreme should be Premier skins, though. There's a laundry list of DC Premier Skins for Superman and Batman that we could go through before doing someone like Hyperion or Nighthawk, but I suppose it's a conversation for another day.

As for those other 3 characters:
I agree on Laura. Her stature and build is nothing like Logan; Although I could definitely argue for her being her own playable character, since she was one in MvC3, with her own unique moves and playstyle based off of Wolverine's gameplay. Hell, her first appearance was in 2003, so she could be nominated for the next round if someone wanted to! (Speaking of which, when will the 21st Century character round happen? I'm hoping tomorrow.)

Jessica and Hal technically share the same powers, that being the ring. But Jessica is another case where her physical is too different from Hal to be feasible; However, given that the point of the ring is that it's only limit is imagination, she could very easily have her own moveset compared to Hal.

I'm not sure about Mar-Vell and Carol's powers. I want to say they have the same powers, but they probably have too many differences. I barely read Captain Marvel comics. A Mar-Vell skin of Danvers would be dope, though

On another note, we're almost done with the full roster but only have 14 characters with costumes done. I feel like if the goal is to have most of the costumes done before DLC, we'll either have to wait a while or speed up the rate costumes are done. I would want to suggest to having Costumes be an open job for any character at any time, but a lot of the fun previously was voting on which sets of costumes to have, and there's also a chance they'd be done a lot less frequently. So either way I'm just not too sure.

Some like Jane Thor would maybe work. Some others not so much. It should be a case by case basis imo
I can agree to that. A Jane Thor skin for Thor would work, but there are also cases like Supergirl and Superman where the characters are just too radically different. "Built different", as they say.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Captain Marvel moveset

Unique Ability: Energy Absorption - Captain Marvel glows yellow for a few moments; she can't move, and there's a cooldown after using it, but if she's hit by a projectile attack, she doesn't take damage and it boosts her special meter. (this works with any projectile attack, rather than limiting it specifically to energy-based ones)

Photon Blast (quarter circle forward + attack - air OK) - Captain Marvel fires laser beams from her hands. The different attack buttons change the angle of the beam.

Higher, Further, Faster (Shoryuken motion + attack - air OK) - Captain Marvel launches into the air, surrounded by energy and punching upwards. (basically a Shoryuken, but with a lot of height and she doesn't move very far forward)

Alis Volat Propriis (quarter circle back + attack - air OK) - Captain Marvel flies forward, fists outstretched to smash her way through whatever gets in her path. Different attack buttons change the angle of her flight.

Seventh Sense (down, down, attack) - Captain Marvel clutches her forehead, and if she's attacked while in this stance, she dodges the attack and counters it.

Level 1: Photon Force (quarter circle forward x2 + attack - air OK) - Captain Marvel fires a large beam of energy that lasts for quite a while.

Level 2: Going Binary (quarter circle back x2 + attack) - an install super where her hair stands on end and she is surrounded by energy. This boosts her attack power while it's active (though it gradually drains all of her special meter, and runs out when her meter does), and gives her very slight regeneration.

Level 2: Flyby (half circle forward + attack - air OK) - Captain Marvel flies towards the opponent, ramming them, before dashing off the edge of the screen. She dashes back onto the screen from the way that she came; this process repeats four or five times, with her getting faster and faster with each dash before she falls from the sky above the opponent, crashing into the ground with a damaging pillar of energy forming around herself as she lands.

Level 3: Carol Corps (press all buttons) - Captain Marvel charges up before lunging forward, punching the opponent. If it connects, the opponent is knocked back, and some of Captain Marvel's friends - Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Hazmat, and Lauri-Ell (her Kree half-sister) - join in to smack the opponent around the stage, leaving said opponent slammed into the ground. All four of them fire beams of energy/poison that converge on the opponent, causing cracks on the ground around them to erupt with lime green light before a pillar of energy shoots high up into the sky as a result of the attacks. (On the off chance that any of those three becomes playable, I'll edit in details on who could replace them)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here are the results for the Marvel magic vote!

The Black Knight: 3
Dormammu: 4
Elsa Bloodstone: 6
Magik: 8
Nico Minoru: 10
Scarlet Witch: 25

As a result of this vote, Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch, will be added to the roster! (to the surprise of nobody, I'm sure)

marvel magic winner.png

On another note, we're almost done with the full roster but only have 14 characters with costumes done. I feel like if the goal is to have most of the costumes done before DLC, we'll either have to wait a while or speed up the rate costumes are done. I would want to suggest to having Costumes be an open job for any character at any time, but a lot of the fun previously was voting on which sets of costumes to have, and there's also a chance they'd be done a lot less frequently. So either way I'm just not too sure.
I'll try to speed up the costumes. I don't think I'll leave them open, though - unlike movesets, where it's usually just me and/or Infinity Sorcerer submitting lists with one of us often winning by default, costumes tend to get three to five submissions per character, with people having different opinions on what should or shouldn't be included. Take Magneto, for example, where we've got lists from:

-Oddball
-Infinity Sorcerer
-Darkonedagger
-1SecondNinja

On a related note, you can vote for Magneto's costumes here:

I will try to do costume jobs more often, though. (as for the 2000s character jobs, I think I'll start them tomorrow - there's one more costume job that I want to do first)

Vote for Doom and Luthor's rivals here:

Job 97: nominate costumes for Lex Luthor

I was planning on making a moveset for Luthor at one point before realizing that it would likely depend quite a bit on which costumes he has. (It seems like he'd have a different moveset depending on if we go with the power armour or the Superfriends era jumpsuit) Same as usual - submit one default costume and 1-7 alternates.

Job 98: nominate arcade rivals for Shazam and Doctor Strange

Similar to yesterday, we'll be suggesting arcade mode rivals for these two.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'll try to speed up the costumes. I don't think I'll leave them open, though - unlike movesets, where it's usually just me and/or Infinity Sorcerer submitting lists with one of us often winning by default, costumes tend to get three to five submissions per character, with people having different opinions on what should or shouldn't be included. Take Magneto, for example, where we've got lists from:
Maybe we should do costumes for both character (one of DC and one of Marvel) each time?, I think it could work.

For rivals, well I think it's very easy to say that Dr. Strange rival should be Dr. Fate......buuuuuuuuuut

Ok hear me out. Even if the answer would be obvious, honestly I think that Dr. Strange could work has a rival of Dr. Fate but I honestly wouldn't like too much that they both repeat each other, so instead I will submit John Constantine for that.

And for Shazam I think the best would be Captain Marvel, he was also called like that before.

D

Deleted member

Shazam: Ms. Marvel. They're both young and both have marvel in their name. Plus some versions of Shazam have him being a Superman fanboy so that fits well with Kamala being a captain Marvel fangirl.

I'll do Luthor costumes later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Maybe we should do costumes for both character (one of DC and one of Marvel) each time?, I think it could work.

For rivals, well I think it's very easy to say that Dr. Strange rival should be Dr. Fate......buuuuuuuuuut

Ok hear me out. Even if the answer would be obvious, honestly I think that Dr. Strange could work has a rival of Dr. Fate but I honestly wouldn't like too much that they both repeat each other, so instead I will submit John Constantine for that.

And for Shazam I think the best would be Captain Marvel, he was also called like that before.
We can try it and see how it goes - I'm not sure if that many images would slow down the page or not, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

In that case, we can also submit costumes for Doctor Doom!

---

EDIT: I came up with a list for Doom pretty quickly, so I'll just edit it into this post.

Doctor Doom costumes:

1. Default

2. God Emperor Doom

3. Secret Wars

4. 2099

5. Doomworld

6. Sorcerer Supreme

7. Formal Wear

8. Infamous

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I'm at work so I won't able to participate just yet, but I got quick question:
Should we make it a rule to have costume jobs spoilered here on out? I feel like it'll help prevent pages going slow by hiding the images

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Doom Costumes:
Secret Wars (1984)
Secret Wars (2015)
Ultimate
Victor_Van_Damme_%28Earth-1610%29_from_Miles_Morales_Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_11_001.jpg
Doomwar
Formal Wear
Infamous Iron-Man

Lex Luthor Costumes:
Try to think that all his armor looks more like his Earth-2 suit, less bulky and more akin to his regular built.
1660862179124.png
President Luthor
Prisoner
Super Lex
e7762d3d64a08c17508b46e58d8fb81e.jpg
Earth-2
1660862540929.png
All-Star Superman
Supergirl Armor
1660861850456.png
Classic

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I like the table idea; I'll try that and see how it turns out.

Lex Luthor costumes:

(I'm assuming all costumes where he doesn't have gloves will have some kind of mechanism on the hands to replicate whatever tech he needs)

1. Default
2.Presidential

lex president.png
3. Prison Jumpsuit

Luthor prison.png
4. LexCorp Battlesuit

battlesuit.png
5. All-Star

all star lex.png
6. Apex Lex

apex lex.png
7. Orange Lantern

orange lantern.png
8. Unlimited

I have no idea what the context is behind the Superman outfit, but he wore it in the comics for an extended period of time - I'm guessing it was to mess with Superman, much like most things that he does.

For the Orange Lantern, I don't know if it would be exactly like the picture; I'm guessing it would be closer to the LexCorp Battlesuit costume, except glowing orange and with the Orange Lantern symbol on the chest. (I'm picturing his costumes being less bulky than his traditional power armour)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I have no idea what the context is behind the Superman outfit, but he wore it in the comics for an extended period of time - I'm guessing it was to mess with Superman, much like most things that he does.
I only remind that it comes from Rebirth, for a brief time I was thinking that it was the one he wear in All-Star Superman but is completely different.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I only remind that it comes from Rebirth, for a brief time I was thinking that it was the one he wear in All-Star Superman but is completely different.
I haven't read All-Star Superman, but looking that up, I think I'll go with his appearance there instead. (without much context to go on, having Luthor wear a Superman costume feels a little out of character haha)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm still working in the moveset, but here there are a list of characters for cards, this time looking to different earths.
  • Swamp Thing
  • Doom Patrol (a card with the whole team)
  • Nergal (A villain in Hellblazer)
  • Rorscharch
  • The Inheritors (a card with the whole family)
  • Maker (Ultimate!Reed Richards)
  • X-Man (Nate Grey)
  • Rachel Summers

D

Deleted member

Lex_Luthor_005.jpg

e7762d3d64a08c17508b46e58d8fb81e.jpg

Superman

Orange Lantern

E2K7wHnX0AI6wVF.jpeg

Purple Suit

All Star

Classic

Suit

Luthoriac.png

Braianic Fusion

Both Doom lists are pretty perfect and I don't wanna load up the page with images.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For Doctor Strange's rival, I'm going to nominate Zatanna - both seem like the best-known magic users of their respective universes, and have very different styles between Strange being steeped in mysticism and Zatanna looking like a stage magician.

---

Lex Luthor arcade ending:

With Thanoseid defeated, Lex incorporates the Infinity Stones into a new gold-painted suit of power armour, figuring that it's more efficient than a single gauntlet. Placing them around the LexCorp logo (even when gaining infinite power, he has to make himself the center of everything), Lex uses this power to make a few "minor" changes - gold Kryptonite manifests around all surviving Kryptonians (it permanently de-powers them), all of LexCorp's business rivals suddenly become subsidiaries of LexCorp, Lex gets a full head of red hair... When Lex Luthor has the opportunity to be a petty, self-centered jerk, he grabs it with both hands.

He won't create a paradise for humanity, though - they'll have to work for it, like how he worked for everything that he has. He'll be there to give them the occasional nudge in the "right" direction, in his rightful place above everything else.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Vote for Doom and Luthor's rivals here:

Job 97: nominate costumes for Lex Luthor

I was planning on making a moveset for Luthor at one point before realizing that it would likely depend quite a bit on which costumes he has. (It seems like he'd have a different moveset depending on if we go with the power armour or the Superfriends era jumpsuit) Same as usual - submit one default costume and 1-7 alternates.

Job 98: nominate arcade rivals for Shazam and Doctor Strange

Similar to yesterday, we'll be suggesting arcade mode rivals for these two.
Despite nominating Doc Ock as Luthor's rival, I voted Doom instead. I'm surprised to see that Ock is winning.

Before I get into the costumes, Megadoomer Megadoomer brought up a valid point about Lex. His moveset would definitely change depending on what he wears, but the problem is that it ends up limiting his costumes in either scenario. If the moveset is based on the normal suit, he likely won't be able to utilize a lot of the functions the Power Suit his, and if it's based on the latter, then it won't make much sense for Lex to wear suits without those power-suit functions.

I do want to stress that Injustice's big and bulky mechanized suit that Lex used is not the route we should do. It limits skins far more than the other 2 options, and I think Lex' moveset could benefit from being a lot more inspired by his comic appearances rather than using a single suit. I also don't really picture Lex as being a heavy bruiser type, which is what the suit did in Injustice; He should play more opposite to Superman, in all honesty.

The best compromise, in my opinion, is to make the normal suits the defaults, using unique weaponry and attacks, but include specific alterations to those suits that would allow for attacks such as his rocket boots, that would otherwise only be associated to the power suit.
The armored suits in particular should be the form fitting ones that wrap around Lex' slender physique, rather than bulk it up, as depicted below.

He wears these kind of suits quite often so I don't know why Injustice said otherwise.
This allows the general build of Lex to be within range of the non-armored suits. Of course, artistic liberty would still have to be involved in order to make each suit utilize each attack without it being jarring. For example, if Lex ends up having a rocket-boot attack, Purple Suit Lex would require redesigned boots to fit this. It's just the reality of how this would work in theory.

I feel as if I explained it enough, so I'll be jumping into the costumes now. Sorry for the ramble.

I split the suits between having 4 armored ones, and 4 normal ones.
1. Purple Suit

Since the moveset, in theory, is based around normal suits, this feels the most fitting.
2. Business Suit

This is his most iconic look. It has to be in here.
3. All-Star

All-Star Superman is one of the most beloved Superman comics of all-time; Lex' All-Star design would be instantly recognizable to any Superman fan.
4. Apex

A skin to rival Doom's inevitable God Emperor costume
5. War Suit

It's one of his most iconic looks, and is definitely fitting for a fighting game. Including it is an obligation.
6. Superlex

This was a pretty big thing when it happened in the comics, and was worn for quite a bit.
7. Orange Lantern Corp.

It looks cool.
8. New 52
The implications of this suit is that it would have to be changed a lot to fit a less-bulky Lex. Regardless, I put it down as an option because... it looks cool,
Doom was a lot more straightforward than Lex.
1. Default
2. 2099
3. Doomworld
4. God Emperor
5. Ultimate
6. Formal Wear
7. Secret Wars (Classic)
8. Vibranium Suit
All of these are from major Doom stories or are just popular looks for him. Very straightforward, but definitely not bad.

Job 98: Rivals
Doctor Strange's rival should be Doctor Fate. They're the premier magic users of both universe, and both are Doctors (not just in name but as a profession); It's also a very classic Marvel vs. DC matchup. It's just fitting, even if it's expected.

Shazam's rival is a tough choice. I could easily just say to do Thor, but Thor is already fighting Shazam in his rival mode... ah, **** it. I nominate Thor.

That about wraps it up for today's jobs, I suppose.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Going by the results of yesterday's poll, we'll be adding PinkFlare PinkFlare 's Magneto costumes! Lex Luthor's rival will be Doctor Octopus, while Doctor Doom's rival will be (as determined by a coin flip, since Luthor and Batman are tied) Lex Luthor!

Here are the polls for yesterday's jobs:

Luthor costumes:
-Infinity Sorcerer
-Megadoomer
-Darkonedagger
-1SecondNinja

Doom costumes:
-Megadoomer
-Infinity Sorcerer
-1SecondNinja

---

Job 99: arcade mode rivals for Harley Quinn and Black Panther

These types of jobs are easy enough to do, so I figure we can incorporate them as much as possible. I'm not sure if I should slow it down, in case one of the last four characters winds up being a better fit for someone, but I figure there's no harm in having the rival nominations for these two, at least.

Job 100: nominate a DC character who was made in the 2000s

Any character who was made from 2000 to 2022 works for this one. As of now, we only have a single character in the roster that qualifies (Ms. Marvel), and no characters who qualify on the DC side. While the same could arguably be said for the 90's (where it's just Deadpool and Harley Quinn), I feel like the roster could use some new faces, and as much as it pains me to say it, characters who debuted in the 90's don't exactly qualify as "new".

I'm fine with including alternate universe versions of characters who were made earlier, like the Maker (an alternate version of Reed Richards) or the Batman Who Laughs (an alternate version of Bruce Wayne), as long as they're different enough from the original - it seems redundant to nominate Ultimate Peter Parker when he'd basically be exactly the same as Spider-Man, for example, or to nominate the Injustice version of Brainiac when he'd be functionally identical to regular Brainiac. (I feel like you've all got good judgment on whether an AU character would be different enough or not)

Not quite a job: Thanoseid moveset?

I figure now that we've got movesets for Darkseid and Thanos, we could put together a move-list for Thanoseid. (it probably wouldn't require the command inputs since he wouldn't be playable) I've got a rough plan for one, but I likely won't be able to post it for a few days in case anyone else has ideas in the meantime.

---

Also, I'll be away for the weekend, so while I'll be able to post on my phone, some of the upcoming jobs probably won't have the comic panel style images at first. (once I'm back on my computer, I'll make them and edit them in)

Last edited:
2000's DC character:
Orpheus
1660924758566.png
Orpheus, aka Gavin King is a character from DC Comic series and he is was used to be a man that grew up in Gotham dreaming of becoming a professional dancer and singer. His ambitions made him a target for local bullies, and after one too many beatings, King began studying the martial arts, excelling at them from the start.
Having reached his goal in his late teens, King toured the world as part of a famous dance troupe, but his travels exposed him to a world full of famine, poverty, violence, prejudice and lack of faith. Eventually, he was recruited by a secret organization dedicated to correcting some of the world's problems. Getting special training and technological support in the form of a stealth-circuitry-enhanced costume, King became Orpheus – a force against evil and ignorance.
Reasoning that Gotham City needed a black hero, Orpheus returned to his native city as a successful entertainment producer as well as a crimefighter. Orpheus' first cases in led him into contact with the Batman, who was not fond of the debut of another inexperienced vigilante in Gotham, but still recognized Orpheus as a competent force for good.

He would be a suprising choice for the game and he could have interesting moveset potential.

His moveset would consist of martial arts and dance moves, since he was a dancer before. He could even use his stealth suit to hide from opponent and attack him after he becomes visible.
He would have mix-up playstyle.

I think he could make sense in this game, considering that he is one of 2000's characters that could be in this roster. Also his design & his skills could fit for a fighting game.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Aqualad

This would be the Jackson Hyde version of the character. The son of Black Manta and sidekick of Aquaman, he would fight similarly to Aquaman only with an emphasis on making water into solid objects such as swords. I just think we could use some more minor characters for all the non-batman DC series and I think aqualad would be a nice pick.

homdertalia

Smash Cadet
Job 100:
ONOMATOPOEIA
image_2022-08-19_122754138.png
Onomatopoeia was a character introduced in Kevin Smith's 2002 run of Green Arrow. He's a serial killer who is selectively mute, with the only sounds he makes being near perfect recreations of sounds around him. He mainly targets street level heroes with no powers, most notably Green Arrow and Batman. As for skillz and abilitiez, he's your average comic book gunman. He's often shown using guns and knives when fighting. However, he does have some interesting skills to differentiate him from your Grifter's and Fantomex's. As said before, he has been shown to be able to perfectly recreate noises he hears around him, similar to the Kenku from Dungeons and Dragons. He also is shown to be fairly good at disguising himself, like when he was able to disguise himself as the vigilante Baphomet. Finally, his most peculiar ability is his superhuman durability. Despite him seemingly being a normal non-meta human, Onomatopoeia has been seen surviving multiple fatal hits from arrows and bullets, along with surviving a seven story drop after being shot in the chest. So like, yeah this guy has something weird going on with him.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job 99: Rivals
Harley's rival should be Deadpool, as they're currently the most popular anti-heroes from both companies, both originating in the 90's, and also have a similar comedic tone that would make interactions between the two mesh very well. She also completely dissed him in the 2018 Teaser for her show :3

Black Panther's rival...I'm gonna go with Batman. It doesn't look like any other Marvel character currently has him as a rival, and it would be fitting for Panther to be a rival to him, as they're both all black, highly intelligent, stealth based superheroes with endless wealth and a knack for prep time.

Job 100: 21st Century DC Character
BLUE BEETLE
Alias: Jaime Reyes
First Appearance: Infinite Crisis #3 (February, 2003)

In 1939, the first Blue Beetle, Dan Garret made his appearance in comics, using an ancient artifact known as the Blue Scarab to fight crime. Fast forward to 1966, and Ted Kord, the successor to the Blue Beetle name, would arise. As a result of the crime fighting exploits of these two explored across the pages of Charlton Comics, The name Blue Beetle would be remarked as a legacy name in superhero history, but would never truly breakout in significancy across the pantheon of iconic Superheroes... until DC bought out Charlton, and in 2003, created the latest, youngest and most popular to ever wear the Blue Scarab: Jaime Reyes. Discovering that the Scarab was not just an artifact, but a living biosuit from across the stars, he donned the Scarab as his uniform and fought crime across the DC Universe. From Comics to TV to Video Games (and an upcoming theatrical film), Jaime has catapulted in popularity as one of DC's cult favorite heroes, and breathing new and unforgettable life into the Blue Beetle mantle.

While Ted Kord fought using his intellect, physical ability, gadgets, and endless wealth, Jaime's arsenal could not be anymore different. After unlocking the truth of the Blue Scarab that neither Dan or Ted could, Jaime was granted a whole host of powers, the primary one being the use of the Scarab's high-tech armor, capable of space travel, surviving re-entry into Earth's orbit, and allowing Jaime to withstand devastating physical attacks. The Scarab also has the ability to morph into anything the situation calls for, much akin to Eddie Brock's symbiote, but on a much more advanced level; Most often, he has formed energy discharging arm canons, a set of dual swords powerful enough to slice tree trunks with a single swing, a grappling hook, and a jetpack that Jaime can use for flight, accompanied with a set of wings that double as a shield. The suit is also highly adaptable, allowing Jaime to create weapons that neutralize forms of magic and any type of Kryptonite, and the suit itself can also change material from it' original composition. To top it all off, the suit's advanced technology allows it to scan and determine the weaknesses of any opponent it faces.
The sheer power of these transformations is also unbound, held back solely by Jaime's will to not use lethal force; if the Scarab were to truly go all out, Jaime could possibly match the power level of Superman and the Spectre.

Of course, this power is not without it's downsides; the Scarab is bound to Jaime's spine, meaning deploying or retracting the suit can be extremely painful; not to mention the Scarab itself has it's own consciousness, meaning Jaime and the Scarab are two minds in the same suit, having to communicate with each other from time to time, not unlike Eddie Brock and the symbiote. As a result of the Scarab having its own consciousness, it can take control over the suit of its own will, becoming a lethal Blue Beetle; this form is dubbed "Infiltrator Mode", and is used only as a last resort.

Reasons for Inclusion:
Aside from Jaime's popularity as Blue Beetle, that lead to him becoming the main Beetle in any comics post New 52, his appearances in TV shows such as Batman: The Brave and the Bold and games like Injustice 2 have cemented him as a memorable named across DC's B-List heroes, with an aforementioned DCEU movie quickly on the way and highly anticipated by fans; He also has the status of being DC's premier Hispanic hero, if that is of any interest to anyone.
The capabilities of the Scarab also leave room for plenty of moveset potential, doubled by the fact that he was one of the first newcomers in Injustice 2 with an entire moveset to already pull ideas from.
He also has a history with the Teen Titans, at one point being a core member, meaning he would be easy representation for more members of that team; and by that metric, he also makes a great rival to Venom, whom is already on the roster.

Going by the results of yesterday's poll, we'll be adding PinkFlare PinkFlare 's Magneto costumes! Lex Luthor's rival will be Doctor Octopus, while Doctor Doom's rival will be (as determined by a coin flip, since Luthor and Batman are tied) Lex Luthor!

Here are the polls for yesterday's jobs:

Luthor costumes:
-Infinity Sorcerer
-Megadoomer
-Darkonedagger
-1SecondNinja

Doom costumes:
-Megadoomer
-Infinity Sorcerer
-1SecondNinja

---

Job 99: arcade mode rivals for Harley Quinn and Black Panther

These types of jobs are easy enough to do, so I figure we can incorporate them as much as possible. I'm not sure if I should slow it down, in case one of the last four characters winds up being a better fit for someone, but I figure there's no harm in having the rival nominations for these two, at least.

Job 100: nominate a DC character who was made in the 2000s

Any character who was made from 2000 to 2022 works for this one. As of now, we only have a single character in the roster that qualifies (Ms. Marvel), and no characters who qualify on the DC side. While the same could arguably be said for the 90's (where it's just Deadpool and Harley Quinn), I feel like the roster could use some new faces, and as much as it pains me to say it, characters who debuted in the 90's don't exactly qualify as "new".

I'm fine with including alternate universe versions of characters who were made earlier, like the Maker (an alternate version of Reed Richards) or the Batman Who Laughs (an alternate version of Bruce Wayne), as long as they're different enough from the original - it seems redundant to nominate Ultimate Peter Parker when he'd basically be exactly the same as Spider-Man, for example, or to nominate the Injustice version of Brainiac when he'd be functionally identical to regular Brainiac. (I feel like you've all got good judgment on whether an AU character would be different enough or not)

I figure now that we've got movesets for Darkseid and Thanos, we could put together a move-list for Thanoseid. (it probably wouldn't require the command inputs since he wouldn't be playable) I've got a rough plan for one, but I likely won't be able to post it for a few days in case anyone else has ideas in the meantime.

---

Also, I'll be away for the weekend, so while I'll be able to post on my phone, some of the upcoming jobs probably won't have the comic panel style images at first. (once I'm back on my computer, I'll make them and edit them in)
I'm going to have to come back to that Thanoseid discussion. I was going to have it in this post but I'm now going to be preoccupied around the house

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
DOCTOR FATE MOVESET
General Playstyle
Doctor Fate is a full-zoning character with a playstyle based mostly on the setup of spells to control the neutral.

Unique Ability - Ankh Summon
When pressing the Unique Action Button Doctor Fate summons an Ankh, he can stack a total of 3 Ankhs. After that he can use this stacks for multiple actions, any action he does makes the Ankh dissapear.
  • Forward + UA: Doctor Fate launch the Ankh has a projectile, the projectile stucks in the opponent and makes the special move Glyph of Osiris unblockable.
  • Back + UA: Doctor Fate makes the Ankh fire a laser of light, has you can imagine the more Ankhs he has the more lasers they fire.
  • Down + UA: Doctor Fate consumes the Ankhs enhancing his special moves, the more Ankhs he consumed the more time it has.
Additionaly, Doctor Fate has a special dash and airdash where he teleports, he can do two teleports in a row. The dashes can be performed in any of the 8 directions (forward, backward, downward, upward, diagonals), has a drawback he can't run.

MOVE NAMEINPUTDESCRIPTION
Wisps of Amon-Ra236 + L (Air OK)Doctor Fate casts a small and fast blue projectile, mash the button to launch additional projectiles.
Charm of Isis236 + M (Air OK)Doctor Fate casts a slow disc of energy that knocks down the opponents.
Glyph of Osiris236 + HDoctor Fate summons a magic glyph that makes the opponents bounce to the wall. The button can be held to use the glyph has a shield against projectiles instead.
Orb of Toth214 + XDoctor Fate casts a sphere of magic energy that moves slowly across the stage, meanwhile the button is pressed Fate can controlate the direction of the orb stopping when the button is released, there can be a total of 2 orbs in the stage at the same time per Dr. Fate (so in a mirror match there can only be 4, two of each one).
Protection of Geb623 + XDoctor Fate conjures a mirror-like spell that reflects projectiles, thought it also damage the opponent being able to do something like the infamous Urien's Aegis Reflector loops, but weaker since this is just a special move.
Prediction of Fate421 + XDoctor Fate adopts a meditative pose, if anyone hits him he dissapears and casts a laser of light above the opponent before reappear, asumming that he predicted the opponent's attack.
Spell of Order22 + L Doctor Fate summons a big yellow Ankh that heals anyone inside of is radius, friend or foe.
Spell of Chaos22 + MDoctor Fate summons a big red Ankh that drains the super meter of anyone insde of is radius, friend or foe.
Spell of Order22 + HDoctor fate summons a big blue Ankh that nullifies any class of power-up (stat buffs) inside of is radius, friend or foe.
Level 1 Super: Curse of NebuHCBF + XDoctor Fate casts a wall of fire that moves around the stage fullscreen.
Level 2 Super: Fangs of ApophisQCFQCF + XDoctor Fate conjures an Astral Projection of himself in red, this projection flies through the enemy and if hits it would bind the character's special moves and unique actions for a time.
Level 3 Super: Judgement of AnubisAll Buttons PressedDoctor Fate casts a powerful spell creating a wave of energy, if hits the opponent is teleported to his helmet where appears in obscure place where multiple copies of Doctor Fate judges the opponent while the same falls to a scale, the scale reveals that their heart is heavier than the feather of true. After that a huge summon of an Anubis-like entity appears and strikes a curse to the opponent.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I end coming late to the party so it's time to share my character.
JASON TODD (RED HOOD)
1660928814491.png
While both Jason and the Red Hood appeared long time ago (Jason Todd being the second Robin in 1983 and Red Hood being the first alias of The Joker) like I assume most people here would know, in the story A Death in the Family Jason Todd was killed by The Joker but long time ago it was revealed that he was revived via the Lazarus's Pit in the story Batman: Hush in 2003 later adopting the alias of Red Hood in the story Under the Hood.

I know that we are quite bloated of Batman characters, but Jason Todd is a very loved character by the fans that I think it could have his spot here too, apart of being the protagonist of one of the most well knowed stories of Batman.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I don't mean to discredit Red Hood as a nomination (I love the character and will likely be voting for him), but I am just gonna say, for the record, that we do have Nightwing on the roster, so we have a Robin.
Ngl I actually forget that we had Nightwing lol. Well I guess I will just blow away that part of the nom.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
jessica cruz.png

Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)

First Appearance: 2014

After nearly being murdered, Jessica Cruz developed anxiety issues and agoraphobia. Unwillingly chosen by the ring of the Earth-3 supervillain Power Ring, Jessica was possessed by it, though she eventually overcame the possession and got a Green Lantern ring for real, though her struggles with mental health often come into conflict with the ability to overcome fear that a Green Lantern needs.

It might seem redundant to have two Green Lanterns on the roster, but as the Green Lantern rings are powered by willpower and imagination, any two Lanterns can have very different constructs and therefore very different attacks. Many of Jessica's constructs are organic, such as turtles, fish, bears, and even other members of the Justice League, so she could effectively summon animal and plant life along with summoning other heroes (or shields and swords, as pictured above), in contrast with Hal's more mechanical/structural focus. (plus, it could lead to a buddy cop dynamic between Hal and Jessica, whether it's in pre-match dialogue or in the story mode)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

I actually tried before to think on it after finish the Thanos moveset, and I salso thinked that it wouldn't require command inputs nor an Unique Action but my mind came to blank, so I would like to see what ideas you and 1SecondNinja who seemed to also be interesed say first and then see if I could add more.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I couldn't come up with anything interesting for a Thanoseid moveset. I guess I'm just not really too invested into Darkseid and Thanos as characters for me to worry about their individual movesets, let alone a fusion. A fusion of using abilities from both the Infinity Stones and the Anti-Life Equation should definitely be a part of that moveset, though.

On a completely unrelated note:
DAREDEVIL MOVESET
General Playstyle
Daredevil is a CQC defensive fighter, with a focus on counterattacks and maintaining combos.

Unique Ability - Radar Sense
Daredevil hones his senses in on his surroundings, allowing him to gain further insight on the ongoing fight. This builds up his Counter Gauge, in which Daredevil can predict where and how his opponent will attack next based on their movements. Filling up the Counter Gauge will open the option for the Counter Attack special move, which is described below.

Special Move NameInputDescription
Counter Attack (Melee)QCF + UA (Only when the Counter Gauge is full)Daredevil dodges the oncoming attack and quickly counterattacks with an automatic melee attack, which acts as an opener for a followup combo by the player. Damage is dependent based on the attack countered.
Counter Attack (Projectile)QCB + UA (Only when the Counter Gauge is full)Daredevil rolls out the way of the oncoming projectile's hitbox and throws his two billy clubs in quick succession; One aimed for the head, the other aimed for a pressure point in the abdomen; Damage is dependent based on the attack countered.
Devil's ReachHCB + XDaredevil grapples onto the opponent and quickly lunges forward with an aerial kick attack
Tool of JusticeHCF + XDaredevil combines his billy clubs into their signature staff form for a two-hit attack; A quick and sudden strike from the staff followed by a sweep attack that knocks the opponent's balance
Red BarrageZB + XDaredevil swings his billy clubs around him, whipping the opponent while they're in range in a low damage multi-hit attack
Soaring DevilDP + X (Air OK)Daredevil jumps in the air and lands back down with a brutal staff strike into the ground, dealing damage upon impact.

Super Move NameInputDescription
Level 1 - You Get the Horns2QCF + HDaredevil hits all of the opponent's pressure points in a rapid succession, stunning the opponent for a brief period afterwards
Level 2 - The Battlin' Jack Special2QCB + HDaredevil enters a hyper-focused state where any hit he receives increases the damage of Daredevil's next move
Level 3 - A Really Good Lawyer (Cinematic)All Buttons PressedDaredevil throws his billy club towards the nearest light and breaks it; Suddenly, the stage goes dark, as the opponent is left in the middle of the room, before DD comes out of the shadows and attacks them from behind, then from the front, then the side, then the back again, and over and over, disappearing just as quickly as he reappears, from all angles; He ends the cinematic by ushering a brutal staff strike to the opponent's head, forcing them to land hard against the ground before the lights return.

I'm struggling with the command inputs. If anyone wants to help me out, please feel free, and I'll edit them into this post

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For Black Panther I'll go Catwoman for very on the nose reasons

3345439fea939641ca585b4b23b6241c.png

Naomi

On Naomi McDuffie's Earth. 29 random people where given superpowers due to the collapse of the Earth's ozone layer. Naomi was the first child born to two of these people, gaining the powers of super strength, flight and energy manipulation. After a powerful super criminal known as Zumbado attempts to kill the young Naomi, she's sent to the prime DC Universe by her parents. She would later discover her powers, defeating Zumbaro and joining Young Justice, and later the Justice League. She's alsp sometimes known as Powerhouse.

This is an extremely recent character, first appearing in 2019. But considering she's been on two major teams and had a (short lived) TV show, DC do seem to like her.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I couldn't come up with anything interesting for a Thanoseid moveset. I guess I'm just not really too invested into Darkseid and Thanos as characters for me to worry about their individual movesets, let alone a fusion. A fusion of using abilities from both the Infinity Stones and the Anti-Life Equation should definitely be a part of that moveset, though.

On a completely unrelated note:
DAREDEVIL MOVESET
General Playstyle
Daredevil is a CQC defensive fighter, with a focus on counterattacks and maintaining combos.

Unique Ability - Radar Sense
Daredevil hones his senses in on his surroundings, allowing him to gain further insight on the ongoing fight. This builds up his Counter Gauge, in which Daredevil can predict where and how his opponent will attack next based on their movements. Filling up the Counter Gauge will open the option for the Counter Attack special move, which is described below.

Special Move NameInputDescription
Counter Attack (Melee)TBD (Only when the Counter Gauge is full)Daredevil dodges the oncoming attack and quickly counterattacks with an automatic melee attack, which acts as an opener for a followup combo by the player. Damage is dependent based on the attack countered.
Counter Attack (Projectile)TBD (Only when the Counter Gauge is full)Daredevil rolls out the way of the oncoming projectile's hitbox and throws his two billy clubs in quick succession; One aimed for the head, the other aimed for a pressure point in the abdomen; Damage is dependent based on the attack countered.
Devil's ReachTBDDaredevil grapples onto the opponent and quickly lunges forward with an aerial kick attack
Tool of JusticeTBDDaredevil combines his billy clubs into their signature staff form for a two-hit attack; A quick and sudden strike from the staff followed by a sweep attack that knocks the opponent's balance
Red BarrageTBDDaredevil swings his billy clubs around him, whipping the opponent while they're in range in a low damage multi-hit attack
Flying DevilTBDDaredevil jumps in the air and lands back down with a brutal staff strike into the ground, dealing damage upon impact.

Super Move NameInputDescription
Level 1 - You Get the HornsTBDDaredevil hits all of the opponent's pressure points in a rapid succession, stunning the opponent for a brief period afterwards
Level 2 - The Battlin' Jack SpecialTBDDaredevil enters a hyper-focused state where any hit he receives increases the damage of Daredevil's next move
Level 3 - A Really Good Lawyer (Cinematic)All Buttons PressedDaredevil throws his billy club towards the nearest light and breaks it; Suddenly, the stage goes dark, as the opponent is left in the middle of the room, before DD comes out of the shadows and attacks them from behind, then from the front, then the side, then the back again, and over and over, disappearing just as quickly as he reappears, from all angles; He ends the cinematic by ushering a brutal staff strike to the opponent's head, forcing them to land hard against the ground before the lights return.

I'm struggling with the command inputs. If anyone wants to help me out, please feel free, and I'll edit them into this post
I loooove your moveset!, it was quite complicated for me to think in a moveset for him so see that someone else did a moveset that good is Awesome!

For help you with the inputs, well usually the special moves directly related to the Unique Actionales use of the same Button so you can do QCF + UA for the melee counter and QCB + UA for the projectile counter.

Devil's Reach is a grab, so a Half-circle would work, maybe HCB. Tool of Justice could be a QCF attack, Red Barrage a QCB one and Flying Devil could be a DP but it could also be Air OK.

Usually the Super Moves are only double QCF or double QCB, considering that the second super is an install-esque I think it could be QCQCF for You Get the Horns and QCBQCB for The Battlin' Jack Special.

I hope it helps!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Going by yesterday's poll results:

-we'll use Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's costumes for Lex Luthor, and PinkFlare PinkFlare 's costumes for Doctor Doom
-Shazam's rival will be Captain Marvel
-Doctor Strange's rival will be Doctor Fate

Deadpool is Harley Quinn's rival by default, and here's the poll for Black Panther's rival:

dc 2000s.png

-Orpheus ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Aqualad (Jackson Hyde) ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
-Onomatopoeia ( homdertalia homdertalia )
-Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-Red Hood (Jason Todd) ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz) ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Naomi (@Darkonedagger)

As usual, vote for your top three, and you can't put your own in first.

1. Blue Beetle (I was planning to nominate him if nobody else did; from what I've seen, he seems like a character that would make a lot of sense here)
2. Jessica Cruz (while I'm not sure about having two Green Lanterns, there's a lot of potential for characters from the Green Lantern series given that the rings can create/do pretty much anything, and I like the idea of Hal Jordan working with one of the new recruits)
3. Aqualad (I'm only familiar with him through the few episodes of the Young Justice cartoon that I watched before it was removed from Netflix, but he seems like he'd be interesting)

---

Job 101: nominate a Marvel character from the 2000s

Same idea as yesterday, only for Marvel this time. As of now, we only have one character on the Marvel side who fits this criteria (Ms. Marvel), so there are a lot of options.

Job 102: costumes for Shazam and Dr. Strange

Submit a default costume and 1-7 alternates for Shazam and/or Doctor Strange.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. Blue Beetle (quite an obvious choice)
  2. Red Hood (bias)
  3. Onomatopoeia (it would be cool have some additional villains and it would be a surprising pick)
Shout out to Aqualad, the water weapons are cool.

Gonna submit something later for the other two jobs.

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a lot : D!

Gwenpool

Gwen Poole, a high school dropout from a world very similar to our own, found herself in the world of Marvel Comics. (though how it happened is unclear, and it's been retconned several times, with one of those retcons being pointed out in the series itself) Realizing that extras don't have a long life-span, she decided to become a superhero. (or at least a mercenary trying to be a superhero)-

Gwen started out as a normal, if extremely lucky, human who's aware of the fourth wall. However, as she grew accustomed to being in a comic book, she gradually began to take advantage of conventions of the medium, and began weaponizing thought bubbles, flashbacks, and the space in between comic panels. At this point, she can be a full-blown reality warper, though it doesn't always work out - team books seem to be her weakness (since she can't use the full extent of her powers), and her familiarity with comic books often lead to her making wild assumptions that aren't always true, like assuming that a bigoted sheriff is actually hypnotized, replaced by aliens, or part of some other supervillain plot. (normally, that would be true, but the book in question dealt with a lot of social issues).

A lot of people thinks it would be a Deadpool clone but their powers are very different with Gwenpool abusing more of her knowledge in pop culture (and mainly comics) and don't having any class of actual superpower (unless you count the fourth wall breaks).

She's is also canonically a huge fan of both Marvel and DC comics, so it would be cool to include her in this line-up at some point. At the very least, one interaction writes itself:

Once again coming back for resubmit Gwenpool.

My votes would be Red Hood, Naomi and Aqualad.

1. Blue Beetle
2. Orpheus
3. Red hood

Job 101:
Negasonic Teenage Warhead
Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Ellie Phimister) is a character from Marvel Comics and she is a mutant who displays telepathic and precognitive powers, and is a student of Emma Frost. She is portrayed by Brianna Hildebrand in the Deadpool live action films.
She was used to be teenager that was always dressing up as goth before she became Negasonic Teenage Warhead.
She was praised critically by fans & critics and she is one of popular 2000's Marvel characters. She even appeared in crossover games.

She is one of 2000's characters that could fit in the roster and her name comes from song based on the same name.

Her moveset could consist of her superpowers such as precognition or telepathy. Speaking of her precognition, it would act like shulk's foresight where she could dodge opponent's attacks very quickly.

I think she could make sense to be in this game, since her precognition ability can dodge opponent's attacks like I mentioned earlier.

D

Deleted member

1. Blue Beetle
2. Jessica Cruz
3. Aqualad

America Chavez

First appearing in 2011. America Chavez lived in a dimension known as the Utopian Parallel with her mothers. She has the powers of super strengh, flight, speed and durability. She can punch open star shaped portals, alowing her to travel the multiverse. When her home became under attack, America became a superhero, traveling dimensions. She became a member of the Young Avengers under the name Miss America, and later teams such as the Ultimates and the West Coast Avengers. She featured in the Doctor Strange sequal and is set to be a big player in the future of the MCU. She just makes so much sense for a game about universes crossing over.

Might do costumes later.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
nadia van dyne.png

Nadia van Dyne/The Unstoppable Wasp

First Appearance: 2016

Continuing what seems to be a trend, I'm going to nominate Nadia van Dyne. The daughter of Hank Pym and his first wife, Maria Trovaya, Nadia was found and raised by the Red Room after her mother died and trained to become a spy. She inherited her father's knack for science, and upon recreating his Pym Particles, she escaped, and fled to America to find her father.

Unfortunately, upon arriving in America, she found out that he had died. (sort of - he's currently fused with Ultron) Refusing to let that get her down, Nadia set out to become a hero that her father could be proud of. (for a while, she was unaware of Hank's darker side, though she's found out the worst of it, and has struggled with bipolar disorder herself) She met Janet van Dyne, the Wasp, and the two of them hit it off almost immediately, with Janet serving as a surrogate mother to Nadia.

Nadia can use Pym Particles to shrink or grow, in addition to using bio-electric blasts called Wasp Stings. In addition, she's skilled with martial arts thanks to her Red Room training (including Krav Maga), along with acrobatics and creating/using various scientific gadgetry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom