• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 8: DC Villain

Darkseid

The main villain of DC's New Gods comics, and one of the overarching villains of the DC universe as a whole. Ruler of the fiery planet Apokolips, Darkseid is the god of tyranny, devoted to finding the Anti-Life Equation and using it to shape the universe in his image.

One of the few villains who could (and often does) outmatch Superman, Darkseid is armed with Omega Beams, which can follow their target to the ends of the universe and change direction unpredictably. In addition, he can use Boom Tubes to warp around the battlefield, along with summoning Parademons to deal with his foes if he chooses to not fight them directly with his absurd strength.

Jack Kirby originally intended to introduce the New Gods in Marvel after using a Ragnarok storyline to wipe out the old mythology (Thor, Hercules, and the like), and the Old Gods that preceded the New Gods were heavily implied to be Asgardians. As a result, Darkseid seems like he'd make for a good catalyst for a crossover, trying to track down and destroy the Old Gods once he finds out that they're still out there, regardless of the damage that he'd do to both universes in the process.

Job 9: Marvel Villain

Magneto

The Master of Magnetism, Magneto's been all over the morality spectrum since his introduction in the 60's. Currently, he leans more towards being an anti-hero (understandable motivations, even though he goes about them in a more violent manner than the X-Men would), but most incarnations of the character portray him as a villain at first (or at least some kind of antagonist), so I feel like he fits even if he's not completely villainous nowadays.

Magneto is a staple of Capcom's Marvel fighting games, and regularly makes appearances in Marvel's other games as well. (not counting the period where Disney and Fox had petty squabbles over rights issues) A survivor of the Holocaust, Magneto refuses to let anything of that nature happen to mutant-kind, no matter how many human lives need to be extinguished in the process.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 8

Bane

91BW9u5zZtL.jpg

Sure, he's no Joker but he's one of the most popular Batman villains. Since Batman has pretty awesome villains, I feel Bane would be a fun pick for sure. Plus, throw in the fact he was in the Dark Knight trilogy as well.

Job 9

Dr. Michael Morbius

51P9SyxeHCL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It's morbin time.....nah, just kidding.

Despite all the memes and the movie being a box office flop, he is one of the more lesser-known Spider-Man villains until now. I don't think we will have many vampire based archetypes on the roster so Morbius is that out-of-left-field pick here for the memes. I can definitely see him being combo oriented with wind based attacks and even a poisoning gimmick. Someone had to submit Morbius this round so I did.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm very surprised that this one in particular wasn't submited yet:
Marvel Bad Guy: Venom

Maybe Venom's status has a villain is difuse these days (especially with the movies where clearly he is an antihero at most if not a pragmatic one) but I think we can say that it's the Spider-Man rival, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, literally any of the Sinister Six are worhy opponents and some of the protagonized or had relevance in some of Spider-Man's most popular stories but Venom is just that damn iconic.
DC Bad Guy: Doomsday
1656375288469.png

I really just submitted him since I was watching the Death and Reborn of Superman's movie lol. I think he is cool and that.

D

Deleted member

loki-laufeyson-featured.png

Loki
Thor's brother. The god of mischief. A character so popular in the MCU that he got his own TV show dispite being dead . He could have a really fun and creative moveset making use of all that Asgardian magic.

Black Adam
The main rival to Shazam. Black Adam was in both Injustice games and is about to get a live action film starting the Rock.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm starting the next round a little bit early, but I don't think it's a problem.

The first two stages are the Fortress of Solitude and the Daily Bugle! Both are great picks, and a good way to start the stage selection off.

We'll start the voting for the villain additions. Two characters will be picked from both lists - like before, vote for your top three, and you can't put your own nomination in first place.

dc villain nominations.png

-The Joker ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Damien Darhk ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
-Lex Luthor ( Oddball Oddball )
-Deathstroke ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Darkseid ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Bane ( AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
-Doomsday ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Black Adam (@Darkonedagger)

Also, while looking up panels for this, I love how they gave Bane his coat from the Dark Knight Rises:

Marvel villain nominations.png

-Thanos ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Crimson Dynamo ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
-Doctor Doom ( Oddball Oddball )
-Ultron ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Magneto ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Morbius ( AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
-Venom ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Loki (@Darkonedagger)

My votes are:

DC

1. The Joker
2. Darkseid
3. Lex Luthor, greatest criminal mind of our time

Marvel

1. Doctor Doom
2. Magneto
3. Ultron

---

In addition, we'll be starting Job 10: nominate ideas for Superman's special moves. We aren't going to be doing complete movesets for characters (most of the basic attacks would consist with punches, kicks, and melee weapons, though there'd be some exceptions, most likely), but we'll at least be doing special moves (attacks that require trickier commands, like Ryu's Hadoken and Shoryuken, or Scorpion's "Get over here!" spear attack) and Supers. (flashier, more cinematic attacks)

In this case, we'll be starting off with Superman's specials. Superman's got way too many powers to list here (bonus points if you can fit Super Ventriloquism in there somehow. I'm only joking... or am I?), but if you need visuals, here's an example of his specials from Injustice 1. (the first thirty seconds of the video)

I'll submit my own list of specials once I'm done work for the day.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nominations for Superman specials:

-Heat Vision - a staple of the character, and his main projectile. The strength of the attack (whether it's light or heavy) determines the duration and damage of the beam.

-Super Breath - Superman inhales, drawing the opponent in closer. If the same attack button is pressed during the animation, this becomes Freezing Breath, which (to the surprise of nobody, I assume) freezes someone if they're in a close enough range

-Up, Up, and Away! - Superman flies into the air, arm outstretched in a classic flight pose. For balance reasons, he doesn't actually fly, but it serves as an anti-air attack.

-Faster Than A Speeding Bullet - Superman dashes forward with super speed, tackling someone in front of him. This is used to close gaps between him and an enemy, and it has super armour.

Supers:

-Level 1: Full Force Heat Blast - a command grab where Superman swoops forwards, trying to grab his opponent. If he's successful, he rises up into the air and fires heat vision at them at point-blank range

-Level 2: Car Crusher - a reference to the cover of Action Comics #1 - Superman picks up a green car and smashes it into the ground in front of him. (if She-Hulk can encounter an out-of-control driver on Asgard in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, then I figure this would work as well)

-Level 3: Orbital Strike - Superman uppercuts the opponent, starting a cinematic super where he flies up into the atmosphere afterwards and hits them back down to Earth (basically, his Injustice 1 super)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
SUPERMAN MOVELIST
General Playstyle
Superman would be moreso an all-rounder character with a slight preference for the zoning due his long ranged (but with quite low damage) projectiles.

Unique Ability - Not a Bird or a Plane
Using the Unique Ability button Superman would start to "fly" (more like float tbh) and would be able to move freely above the stage. The move has a timer so you can't fly all the time you want.

MOVE NAMEINPUTDESCRIPTION
Heat Vision236 + X (Air OK)Superman would launch lasers from his eyes, depending of the button pressed you have one of three variations one shooting diagonal downwards (for space management and hit crouching opponents and opponents lower than Superman), another shooting straight and another one shooting diagonal upwards (working has an anti-air), the move is very fast but has stated above the damage and knockback is unexistent being mostly used for mantain the neutral.

In the air the order is different with light shooting the laser straight, medium shooting downwards and strong shooting upwards.
Cold Breath214 + XSuperman breaths cold air, is similar to Kula's Diamond Dust move with the light version knocking you back and the stronger version freezing you for a brief time.
Up, Up and Away623+ XYour regular Shoryuken, quite more similar to Sakura's Shouoken being multihit and less straight.
Super Flight63214 + XResembles Injustice's Rising Grab but this time Superman would only dash forwards flying at high speed, the strong version grabs the opponent after hit, elevating them and then slam them to the ground.
Airborne Super Flight214 + X (Midair)Shooting himself downwards instead of diagonal, this move is the air version of Super Flight, unlike other moves this one changes is motion for be easier to use in the air.
Level 1 Super: Super Heat Vision
236236 + XA super variant of his regular Heat Vision, instead of being a simple shoot Superman would do two long lasers, one going upwards and the other downwards, for reference it is Rugal Bernstein's Desperate Ray.
Level 2 Super: Car Crusher
214214 + XA reference to the cover of Action Comics #1, Superman picks up a green car and smashes it into the ground in front of him. (if She-Hulk can encounter an out-of-control driver on Asgard in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, then I figure this would work as well) .
Level 2 Super:
Man of Steel
222 + XAn install-like super for Superman, he would cover himself into the sunlight gaining a massive boost in all his moves having more damage and enhanced propierties (like Cold Breath freezing longer, Heat Vision being bigger and being multihit, etc).
Level 3 Super: Orbital Strike
All Buttons Pressed Superman uppercuts the opponent, starting a cinematic super where he flies up into the atmosphere afterwards and hits them back down to Earth (basically, his Injustice 1 super).

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The results for the villain voting are as follows:

-The Joker: 21
-Lex Luthor: 17
-Deathstroke: 10
-Darkseid: 3
-Damien Darhk: 2

-Magneto: 19
-Doctor Doom: 17
-Thanos: 5
-Venom: 5
-Loki: 4
-Ultron: 3
-Morbius: 1

There were some very clear favourites here, so we'll be adding the Joker, Lex Luthor, Magneto, and Doctor Doom to the roster!

villains winners.png

I was a little surprised to see that Magneto beat out Doctor Doom, but all four of them are among the most recognizable/iconic comic book villains out there. Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and Oddball Oddball ! (in Oddball's case, both of his nominations made it in)

There were two nominations for Superman movesets: mine and Infinity Sorcerer's. (I was planning to save the leveled Supers for later, but I suppose there's no reason why they can't be included now; I'll edit Supers into my post) You can vote on which one we should use here:

Job 10: how many stages should we have?

Now that we've got an idea of how many characters will be included, I figure we should do something similar for stages, so that we know our limit going forward. Again, feel free to nominate whatever seems reasonable; Marvel vs. Capcom 3 had 9 stages, and Injustice 2 has 12 stages while Street Fighter V has 40, though a lot of those 40 stages were packaged with DLC characters/seasons.

Job 11: how should Arcade Mode be set up?

Arcade mode (a series of fights against the AI, usually with a short epilogue at the end) is a staple of fighting games, to the point where it's weird if a fighting game doesn't have one. (looking at you, Street Fighter V!)

We won't be deciding on an end-boss yet (that will be saved for later, once we've filled out more of the roster), but there are still plenty of things that we could decide on. How many fights will be included? Will it be randomized like most fighting games, or tailored to a specific character like Smash Ultimate? Will there be bonus challenges like Street Fighter's car-breaking or basketball-parrying mini-games? Will there be a rival battle before the final boss? (like in Ultra Street Fighter IV, if we go that route, characters could have more than one rival to keep things fresh for repeat playthroughs)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Respect stages I feel the same has Tankman, yet I think some characters can share stages like, in the theoric example, Spiderman and Miles (sure they can have two different stages but I think they can also share their own), so probably a number between 40 and 48, depending of the characters we will end adding.

In terms of Arcade Mode, I think something like the Character's Story mode from SFV but with more battles "for fill" and for not make too repetitive the process, just have two or three battles preprogrammed. Each character could have a ministory that could be introduced in the form of comic vignettes.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to nominate 26 stages - I have no idea how the roster will turn out, but one stage for every character seems like a lot, especially when some are probably going to have overlap.

As for arcade, nine fights seems like a nice number - seven fights against random opponents, a rival battle with a cutscene beforehand (though there could be several possible options for each character - for example, Batman's rival battle could either be the Joker or Captain America), and a final boss fight, followed by an ending cutscene.

Admittedly, depending on who the final boss is, some of the cutscenes could wind up being silly in concept, like in Mortal Kombat 11 where Rambo talks about how he beat an Elder God who controls time with his military training, but that's part of the charm of these crossovers.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Also Megadoomer Megadoomer just for curiosity but we will have a job for establish how the gameplay works more deeply? It was a little complicated determinate in which places the moves should go since even if the comparison was with SF there are a lot 1v1 games with 4 buttons instead of 6, or even some of them have 3 or 5. And it would also leave to add the "special mechanic" that a lot of games has to make the things interesing.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Also Megadoomer Megadoomer just for curiosity but we will have a job for establish how the gameplay works more deeply? It was a little complicated determinate in which places the moves should go since even if the comparison was with SF there are a lot 1v1 games with 4 buttons instead of 6, or even some of them have 3 or 5. And it would also leave to add the "special mechanic" that a lot of games has to make the things interesing.
Discussing the controls (or nominating options for control schemes) can be a job for tomorrow, sure. I wasn't sure how much interest there would be in that sort of thing, so I was unsure about putting it up as a job at first.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 10:

Maybe we can have one stage per universe so maybe like 20 fish or something. I'm not good at deciding numbers for stages but I feel around 20 sounds right to me for sure.

Job 11:

I feel each character's arcade mode could be related to a theme and then a final boss like others have said. Also, if we want to have some sort of overarching plot for the arcade mode, we can do that too.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's moveset for Superman won the poll, which was good to see - he definitely put a lot of effort into it! I'll post a link to it in the first post of the thread.

Here's a poll for the stage number:

For arcade mode, I'm not as sure about doing this as a poll because there are branching options; I'll try a few polls and see how it goes.

I think that covers everything; let me know if I misinterpreted something.

Job 12: What should the controls be?

As Infinity Sorcerer said, fighting games can have plenty of differences when it comes to controls. Some, like Street Fighter, are six-button fighters where A, B, X, Y, and the two shoulder buttons have the characters use light, medium, and heavy punches and kicks. Others, like Injustice or Marvel vs. Capcom 3, are four button fighters where characters have a light, medium, and heavy attack on the three face buttons (such as X = light, Y = medium, and B = heavy, depending on the system/controller), with the fourth face button being something game-specific, like a character's unique power in games like Injustice or BlazBlue, or a launcher in Marvel vs. Capcom.

There are undoubtedly other examples, but admittedly, I'm a somewhat casual player of fighting games, and I'm not sure how many different types of control schemes I can name off the top of my head. Still, it's something that's worth discussing - we'll be using traditional fighting game inputs like in Street Fighter, such as quarter-circle-forward (Hadoken motions), but nothing else has been established, so feel free to bring up ideas.

Job 13: Submit a Batman stage

I feel like I should save moveset discussions until we've established what the controls will be like, so in the meantime, we'll submit a Batman-related stage. There are definitely a lot of options, such as Wayne Manor, the Batcave, the Gotham City Police Department, and Arkham Asylum to name a few.

I'll try to stick with one company at a time going forward to avoid rushing through the process; we've already got about a third of our roster established, so I think we can afford to slow it down.

Job 13:
Gotham rooftops (Batman)
1656610071946.png

Gotham city
is a main setting from Batman series and it's home for Batman and his Bat-family. This city is located on east coast of USA and this city has half-modern and half-gothic-like aesthetic throughout the series.

As the stage for Batman, it takes place on the rooftops of the Gotham city. The cameos are the citizens of it like Alfred Pennyworth or Catwoman for example. It's similar to Daily Bugle, but it's kinda lower than DB and you could see the streets of it.
It even includes the iconic bat signal in background.
1656610340778.png

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Btw just wanted to ask, we can also use your Car Crusher super?, I think it's very badass!
Job 12: What should the controls be?
My suggestion considering the type of public that this game would appeal is a 3 button based with light, medium and heavy attacks independent of the existence of punches and kickes, I would like a more complex button selection but I think we should have a quite more easier layout. The fourth remaining button could be a unique action or a launcher (depends of how much fast-pased this game should be)

Definitively I think there it shouldn't be too much complex motions (like 360's and of course definitively no pretzels and other type of things), yet I think we could have charged inputs, the super moves could be either a QCF or a QCB twice or the MvC system of make a single motion but pressing two buttons (unless we add EX moves, because it would overlap themselves).

Job 13: Submit a Batman stage
I will submit the most common of all, the Batcave, I don't have a particular design in mind but I think the versions that include Batman's "memories" of past battles would be great, also having of course cameos of the rest of the Bat Family like Alfred, Robin, Red Hood, Nightwing, Batgirl, etc.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Btw just wanted to ask, we can also use your Car Crusher super?, I think it's very badass!
Sure - if you want to add it to your movelist, you can. I don't see why a character couldn't have multiple level 1 or 2 supers - maybe you could make it a half-circle-forward super so that you don't repeat inputs. (for those who don't know fighting game terminology, that's like the input for Ryu's red fireball: ⬅↙⬇↘➡ and then an attack)

Also, if you had to pick one, would you prefer it if characters had a unique action like Injustice or a launcher like Marvel vs. Capcom? (I figure it's best to pick one and keep it consistent)

---

My stage nomination:

Arkham Asylum

While it's gone through many names over the decades, Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane is where most of Batman's rogues gallery winds up after he defeats them, either due to their legitimate insanity (The Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, etc.) or because it's the only place that can hold them. (ex. Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Clayface) It likely doesn't help that many of Gotham's psychiatrists and psychologists are crazy enough to be inmates there, such as Scarecrow, Hugo Strange, and Harley Quinn.

The stage will likely take place inside the facility, to allow for as many cameos as possible from the major villains that I mentioned to minor ones like Calendar Man, the Ten-Eyed Man, and Humpty Dumpty. (though there are some exceptions among Batman's rogues gallery - the main exceptions being Catwoman, Bane, and the Penguin, who aren't insane and usually wind up in Blackgate if they're arrested)

---

Also, if anyone hasn't voted in the polls yet, make sure to do so - several of them are tied at the moment.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Sure - if you want to add it to your movelist, you can. I don't see why a character couldn't have multiple level 1 or 2 supers - maybe you could make it a half-circle-forward super so that you don't repeat inputs. (for those who don't know fighting game terminology, that's like the input for Ryu's red fireball: ⬅↙⬇↘➡ and then an attack)

Also, if you had to pick one, would you prefer it if characters had a unique action like Injustice or a launcher like Marvel vs. Capcom? (I figure it's best to pick one and keep it consistent)
Personally I think Unique Actions would be more fun since it would bring variety to the characters (for example my Superman Fly ability could be attached to this button), yet I think that certain characters could be more difficult to give one (between the ones that are already confirmed, I can't see how to do a unique skill for Aquaman for example without being too generic). Launcher button is easier to manage and you can still do some unique actions (for example Morrigan, Iron Man and probably other characters in MVC3 can active a flight mode with it, Akuma can use Ashura Senku and Ryu has two variations of the Hadouken with it), that would also mean a particular change in how the characters should play since a launcher means aerial movement and combos.

I will add the Car Crusher super rn.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The results for the polls are:

-26 stages

-arcade mode will be fighting 9 rounds against mostly random opponents, and there will be bonus stages

(my original prompt mentioned rival battles before the final boss, but we can set those up later once we have a larger roster - we wouldn't want to establish a rivalry early on only to have a much better choice be added later)

That doesn't necessarily rule out Street Fighter V-style short character stories, though. (since Street Fighter V has an arcade mode, individual character stories, and a much larger general story mode) Maybe those could be included later as lead-up to a story mode if we decide to include that.

Also, Infinity Sorcerer's control scheme wins! I'll include it in the opening post.

---

Here's the poll for the Batman stage:

---

Job 14: submit a Spider-Man moveset

Now that we've got a more fleshed-out control scheme, I feel like it's safe to submit ideas for Marvel's flagship character since we've already done DC's. Feel free to list specials, supers, a character's unique action, or all of the above; Infinity Sorcerer's Superman moveset works well as an example.

(I feel like I should come up with a different term for one of those rather than "specials" or "supers" - they seem way too similar to each other and could easily be confused)

---

Job 15: submit an X-Men stage

I'm generally planning to go back and forth between character nominations for both sides and stage nominations for both sides. In today's case, we're going for a stage that's associated with the X-Men! Whether it's a base of operations for the team like the Xavier Institute or Krakoa, a training location like the Danger Room, a location that they visit such as the Savage Land, or the location of one of their enemies like Asteroid M or a Sentinel factory, anything that's associated with the X-Men is fair game.

Job 15:
Savage Land (X-Men)
1656693780141.png

Savage land is a mysterious location set on Antarctica at the base of Palmer Peninsula and it's covered with palmtrees, prehistoric flora and surrounded with volcanoes. It's also a tropical preserve hidden from the rest of the world.
This place was made by alien Nuwali, who landed on the planet 200 million years ago. The place remained for long time and it's still existing to today, which is awesome.

It would be a stage for Wolverine, since it would take place in prehistoric land full of dinosaurs. The cameos are random dinosaurs, Dinosaur man and other tribes living there.

I kinda like Dinosaurs, so we should include it as stage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Danger_room.jpg

151886.jpg

Danger Room

An iconic X-Men location and one that makes WAY too much sense for a fighting game. Rud where they train. It would be a silver and techy like the images above but could take the form of various combat situations. There's room here foe a bunch of mutant cameos.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Krakoa

Krakoa is a sentient island and the current home of most mutants. A tropical island that changes its layout (either to fend off invaders or make life better for the mutants who are currently living on it), it allows for cameos from basically any mutant from Professor Xavier to Apocalypse to Zeitgeist.

Possible cameos (along with Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Magneto, and Gambit)

1. Professor X

2. Apocalypse

3. Beast

4. Wolverine (Laura Kinney)

5. Cypher

6. Hope Summers

7. Bishop

8. Kwannon

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I will do a Spiderman moveset later, but here it is a template for moveset:
MOVE NAME
INPUT
DESCRIPTION
Special MoveIt could be either the regular notation (QCF + X, QCB + X, etc) or using the numpad notations (236 + X, 214 + X, etc) or even the notation used in Mortal Kombat/Tekken (d,df,f + X, d,db,b + X).I recommend look at characters of the archetype you think the character fits (or even the moves they already had in another game) to do the moves.
Level 1 - Super MoveUsually super moves are performed with double Hadouken motions or tatsumakis (QCF/QCB), but there are also other inputs like the one used in Guilty Gear (HCBF, Half Circle Back then Forward).Usually the Level 1 super moves are enhanced versions of common special moves.
Level 2 - Super MoveSame thing has aboveThe Level 2 supers are quite more elaborate, usually being a unique attack or an utility super like an Install.
Level 3 - Climax MoveI suggest that all Climax Moves would be perfomed pressing all buttons at once, much like other games like Under Night In-Birth.Level 3 supers are cinematic fancy moves usually being risky and unsafe but very satisfacing of land.

Also I suggest in any case call the Special Moves "Power Moves", you know with all the superhero theme.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
SPIDER-MAN MOVELIST
1656713916871.png

Note: Most of Spider-Man moveset is inspired in his Marvel vs. Capcom appearence, even then I tried to give some unique twists to his arsenal to not being a complete copy-paste.
General Playstyle
Spider-Man is a high mobility rushdown character with lots of tools to move around the stage and approach to his opponents, all this at the cost of having low damage and low health.

Unique Ability - Spider Sense
When using the Unique Ability button Spider-Man does a pose saying "My Spider-Sense is tingling!", if he is attacked during this move he will counterattack.

Other Spider-Man traits are that he can wall-jump and he can crawl.

MOVE NAME
INPUT
DESCRIPTION
Spider Web​
236+ X (Air OK)
Depending of the button pressed Spider-Man can do one of the following actions:
  • Light: Spider-Man shoots a web-ball that sticks the opponents.
  • Medium: Spider-Man shoots a thread and approach the opponent, this version of the move does the lowest damage.
  • Heavy: Spider-Man shoots two threads grabbing the opponent and starts swinging the web throwing them to the other side of the stage. Note that this isn't a command grab and can be blocked.
You can use all this moves in the air, the projectile will be shooted diagonal downwards and in the case of the Heavy version instead of a swing Spider-Man will slam them to the floor.
Web Zip​
623 + X
Spider-Man launchs a thread to the air with the direction depending of the button pressed, the move doesn't do damage but it's one of Spider-Man's ideal mobility options.
Spider Cannon​
41236+ X
Spider-Man launchs himself forwards attacking with his legs, the distance vary depending of the strength of the button
Web Swing​
QCB + X (Air OK)
Spider-Man launchs a thread to the air and swings kicking the opponent, this move can be used after a Web Zip allowing Spider-Man to do surprise attacks.
Web Glide​
66 or 44 (Midair)
Spider-Man uses a pair of "wings" under his armpits to glide, the glide is short but it can be followed with a Web Swing.
Level 1 Super:
Crawler Rush
236236 + X
Spider-Man dashes forward and if connects he starts to attack with a flurry of punches and kickes ending with an uppercut, more or less similar to his move from Marvel vs. Capcom but being quite more similar to the Ryuuko Ranbus.
Level 2 Super: Maximum Spider
214214 + X (Air OK)
It's literally the same from MvC because Maximum Spider is just that damn iconic, there is a reason why most of the supers that consist of launching the opponent to the air and then attacking them from all directions are called "the Maximum Spiders" well sometimes they are called "Ragnaroks" but either way.
Level 3 Super:
Watch Out Spidey!
All Buttons Pressed
Based on his Level 3 from Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite but adding some more flashy moves and the Green Goblin would visually appear during the move (in the case we include him when Spider-Man is fighting the Green Goblin the Hobgoblin would appear instead).

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Infinity Sorcerer's Spider-Man move-set wins! The Batcave wins the stage poll, so both of those will be added to the first post.

Here's the poll for the X-Men stage: http://poll-maker.com/QNUQ3IY0X

Job 16: submit a character from the DC Extended Universe

It's time for some blatant cross-promotion! For those who aren't familiar with it by that name, the DC Extended Universe is DC's ongoing cinematic universe, which started with Man Of Steel in 2013.

Any characters from the movies or TV shows (Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Aquaman, Shazam, Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman 1984, The Suicide Squad, Zack Snyder's Justice League, Peacemaker) are eligible, even if they were only mentioned or referenced. (Green Arrow, for example, has only been mentioned briefly in Peacemaker, but we know he exists in that universe) This includes characters like Deathstroke, who only appeared in a post-credits scene but hasn't done anything yet.

DC has a tendency to throw everything at the wall to see what sticks, so while I'll allow some upcoming projects (I feel like some characters could be added to promote what's coming up; I'm assuming that's at least part of why Rocket Racoon made it into Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3), I'll only stick with movies that have footage filmed as of now.

This means that characters from Black Adam, The Flash, Batgirl, Blue Beetle, and the Aquaman and Shazam sequels are also eligible. (DC's announced a ton of movies like Lobo or The New Gods that didn't get anywhere; I only want to include a character from this if there's an actual indication that the movie/show will be released)

Last edited:
Top Bottom