• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBZ thread R2

Ant1

Smash Ace
not more arguments in my dbz thread zzzzzzzz

Ok i foresee that to properly translate the dragonball story to film it would need to be kept in the anime for starters. If it goes to the end of the buu saga it would be 8 films, these films would go for 2 hours+. Of course this would never happen but tell me what u guys think of these ideas. Will write more later.

1st film - introduction, goku meets bulma, they go searching for the db's however the red ribbon army meet them and take away the 4 star ball and the others they have. Goku tries to fight but finds himself no match for their commander. He knows he needs to train to recover his ball, he finds krillin and then master roshi, training montage follows. Goku becomes strong enough and sets out (maybe with krillin) to fight the red ribbon army. Perhaps have the red ribbon leader summon the dragon and have krillin interrupt it with a stupid wish. They defeat the army and the db's are scattered.

As for bulma, perhaps have scenes of her travelling home, along the way the get attacked by the would-be thief yamcha, love at first sight and such. While she is talking to him, she gets a call from krillin telling her that they are about to attack the red ribbon stronghold, yamcha overhears and says he can help bulma and goku. He goes to help them with bulma.

Now the ending is where it gets difficult, do we end it at that or go on. The film would've been going for a while already. If there's enough time i would end it in these 2 ways.
Have the worlds martial arts tournament, but only show a few fights and end with goku defeating krillin. They celebrate but krillin stays behind and gets killed by an unseen foe, end with goku vowing revenge.
Or just have a frame saying 12 months later, then showing the final moments of krillin and goku's fight and follow the same as be4.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Been going on this dbz forum lately, found out some interesting things.

Like for instance, Gohan (post Z-sword), that's not mystic gohan, is extremely powerful in his base form.
Base Gohan (Post Z-sword) is stronger than MSSJ Gohan (pre z-sword)

He's also quite a bit stronger than Goku.
Btw if u don't understand, if ur base form is stronger, that means ur other forms will also be much stronger.

So post z-sword gohan is stronger than goku at all levels (base, ssj, ssj2). Of course not ssj3.

Ant1

Smash Ace
SSJ3 Gotenks is so much stronger than Goku it's not funny.

Super Buu makes fat buu seem like nothing btw.

It's like this

Mystic Gohan > Super Buu = SSJ3 Gotenks > SSJ Gotenks > Base gotenks (post rosat) > SSJ Gotenks (pre rosat) = SSJ3 Goku = Kid buu > Fat Buu > Gohan SSJ2 (post z-sword) > Base Gotenks (pre rosat) > SSJ2 Goku = SSJ2 Vegeta

Ghostbone

Smash Master
SSJ3 Gotenks is so much stronger than Goku it's not funny.

Super Buu makes fat buu seem like nothing btw.

It's like this

Mystic Gohan > Super Buu = SSJ3 Gotenks > SSJ Gotenks > Base gotenks (post rosat) > SSJ Gotenks (pre rosat) = SSJ3 Goku = Kid buu > Fat Buu > Gohan SSJ2 (post z-sword) > Base Gotenks (pre rosat) > SSJ2 Goku = SSJ2 Vegeta
And Vegitto > everything ever right?

Ant1

Smash Ace
And Vegitto > everything ever right?
Apparently its like this with vegito

SSJ Vegito > Buuhan (buu with gohan, piccolo etc) > Base Vegito.

From what I've read, the anime greatly overexaggerated base vegito's strength. In the manga he wasn't as powerful.

and base goku (gt) is about as powerful as SSJ3 Goku (buu saga)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
base vegito was as strong as buu in the anime

in the manga, I dunno about overexadurating, but if I remember correctly, he starts off as a super sayian right from the start.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Apparently its like this with vegito

SSJ Vegito > Buuhan (buu with gohan, piccolo etc) > Base Vegito.

From what I've read the anime greatly overexaggerated base vegito's strength. In the manga he wasn't as powerful.

and base goku (gt) is about as powerful as SSJ3 Goku (buu saga)
In the manga he transforms instantly iirc, so it's not like you can accurately say whether he was stronger than super buu or not.

Also please don't say overexaggerate when you clearly just mean exaggerate. It's redundant...

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Baby Vegeta in his final form (not great ape/oozaru) is stronger than ssj vegito lewl
GT is dumb.....

It's been a while since I've watched it but doesn't majuub go evenish with baby vegeta's final form? So ssj vegito would be way stronger wouldn't he?

M@v

Subarashii!
I think it should of ended after cell saga personally. Buu saga is kinda dumb and makes no sense if you look back at the rest of the sagas >_>. Cell saga ended with gohan being the new main hero of earth and that got tossed out the window in the buu saga. If gohan remained the main hero it probably would of been ok.

Ant1

Smash Ace
GT is dumb.....

It's been a while since I've watched it but doesn't majuub go evenish with baby vegeta's final form? So ssj vegito would be way stronger wouldn't he?
Majuub loses, baby won kinda easily.

When Baby Vegeta is in base form, Goku comments that it's the strongest ki he's ever felt. So that instantly puts him above Mystic Gohan since buu's ki can't be sensed (going by manga continuiy).
Now when baby transforms into his super 2 form, elder kai stats that it is the strongest ki he's ever felt. Thus he's stronger than ssj vegito.

M@v

Subarashii!
Oh yeah, goku sandbags more than Isai in the buu saga, which results in millions of lives lost(even billions). That really annoyed me and was probably the main reason I dont like the buu saga. Why would you hold back when the earth's at risk?

-first he sandbags vs vegeta by not going ssj3, which lets buu be revived

-second he admits later he probably could of beat fat buu as ssj3 and ended this fiasco before it began, but nooooo he wanted his kids to have a shot at saving the world.

-he says he sandbags vs kid buu to let vegeta have a turn, and it nearly gets them both killed(or killed again in vegeta's case)

Ant1

Smash Ace
Vegeta's sacrifice should've killed buu.

Thus the saga's could've ended like this.

Goku defeats Frieza
Gohan defeats Cell
Vegeta defeats Buu

Sounds good.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Goku may have sandbagged vs kid buu in order to let vegeta have a turn (who oddly fought buu as just an ssj), but he also really underestimated buu's regenerative capacity. He thought he could kill him with a full power kamehameha, that however failed.

It's unlikely he could've beaten fat buu as well due to this fact.

Ant1

Smash Ace
The episodes i have are remastered but they don't have japanese subtitles u see, if i bought the set i could view em.

Kid buu v dead goku (in other world) would be a different fight, goku at 100% could probably take out kid buu.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
buu saga is dumb, and so is comparing peoples power levels based on silly throwaway comments like 'thats the strongest ki I've ever felt'

dbz has so many holes in it, stop overthinking and just enjoy the damn show.

Ant1

Smash Ace
K.
I do enjoy watching it.

I also enjoy researching all information about the show, that includes figuring out how strong characters are and how they would fare against others.

Ant1

Smash Ace
lololol oh ant...
http://www.dbzforum.co.nr/

I made a thread on this forum about Super 13 v Base Goku (EOZ/Buu saga)

everyone there seemed to believe he had probably surpassed semi-perfect cell by then.

This is one respone i got

not really. for many people (myself included) the rosat is the point where we switch from ssj multiplier set (ssj= base x50) to mssj multiplier set (ssj/mssj = some smaller number, base x2 for me, but usually between base x5 and base x10.) now, goku's full mssj power is at least 16x his pre rosat ssj, iirc. so, when you take into account that his base just increased 25x as fast as his ssj (by my numbers) or even just 5x as fast as his ssj with a 10x mssj multiplier, than goku's base is now anywhere from 80x to 400x his base, or even more, if the raw power increase was more than 16x.

so, if you use android saga pl's for everyone in movie 7, than super 13 ends up somewhere between 17 and semi perfect cell, and base post rosat goku ends up quite a bit stronger.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I just measure their power levels with my refined context-sensitive method:

A) how loud they look like they're yelling + how much pain they're in
or
B) how much composure they have

Top Bottom