• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Attack

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Use it.

-Travels ridiculous distance and comes out frame 5.
So use it to punish missed aerials and baited rolls and spot dodges

-true combos out of fair and bair at higher percents (depending on opponent percent and moves use)
So if you use fair and/or bair a lot you can see this combo working up into the 100s because of move decay easily. Some thing to use in place of fair to jab/ftilt/dtilt

That is all.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
:3

I use to use DACUS for this purpose but since it's better to save it I guess I should start using the dash attack again....I wonder how long the hitbox stays out, obviously it wont be anything like Mario's dash attack but even so it might make doing this a bit easier if we do have multiple frames the attack stays out.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
I try not to throw it out too often. If it misses, theres a nasty cool down period where I tend to get punished... hard. Because I realized that I usually attack from the air, this is actually not a bad mix-up for me when approaching. Didn't know it comboed off some of the airs so maybe I'll be using it a bit more.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
nothing spare ftilt and grab releases true combo into upsmash... actually now that you mention it bair might, which is kind of cool, hahaha.
Okay tested it, it does :/ scary... with player DI at those percents it shouldn't work though.

It can be shield grabbed or even shield smashed with some characters very very easily but it is so fast and reliable as a punisher that I've never really had to worry about that.

EDIT:
Once you have the range of the move locked into your head punishing rolls and spot dodges is something you can easily do on reaction.

M@v

Subarashii!
I have always though sheik had one of the better dash attacks. I think it should be used more often *cringes*. Although its not a spectacular approach, its great for punishment.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
...Wait <3 are you saying sheik has a consecutive hit combo starter with the dash attack?

~begins to wonder how a weaken dash attack would do for comboing~

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
nope you can't combo out of dash attack only into it.

I don't think people understand the speed comparioson between dacus and dash attack. dash attack hit at the same speed as ftilt and dtilt dacus is a little slower than fsmashes first hit. If you are confident in a dacus punishment by all means go for it but in situations where time is important like dodges or missed aerials (think marth forward air not link down air, lol) dash attack is probablly your best option for closing that distance and getting damage in.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
nope you can't combo out of dash attack only into it.

I don't think people understand the speed comparioson between dacus and dash attack. dash attack hit at the same speed as ftilt and dtilt dacus is a little slower than fsmashes first hit. If you are confident in a dacus punishment by all means go for it but in situations where time is important like dodges or missed aerials (think marth forward air not link down air, lol) dash attack is probablly your best option for closing that distance and getting damage in.
~shrugs~ I've been using the dacus on marth between fairs or even before he gets up to attack that is if I think he's going to start a fair approach and isn't going to do a raising fair.

Sounds like it wouldn't work doesn't it? but it does because of how fast it is and that's Marth favorite way to approach air wise.

Although with all you said I guess I should start consider the dash attack for those mid percentages.

Dtilt for those low percentage combos, dash attack for punishment until high middle percentages, and Dacus to kill.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I don't really think about using it when I use it. It just comes out with natural flow when I hit nerd rage into combo mania. But I have to agree with East, missing this fails especially if they roll away from it. I have actually successfully combo'd a dash attack at around 40% into a nair or bair, but that really isn't a combo, just something to look out for I guess.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
really a hit or miss move. if u hit, good job, cuz its so fast u can do it unexpectedly. if u miss pray u dont get punished

dash attack IMO is the difference between an aggressive and a defensive sheik. cuz you can't really tell sometimes if you are gonna really connect, but throwing it out for the sake of an EXTREMELY fast approach is good stuff imo hehehehe

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dash attack is punishable on hit if you connect it at low damages. It doesn't combo into anything, and is really only useful for a quick, reliable punish that doesn't hurt all too hard.

I'll also never forget the time when I dash attacked a CPU Ike who perfect shielded it and managed to Fsmash me before I could do anything.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i really like dash attack, good follow up to a number of things...most obviously needles

i do get punished for using it some, but well thats a risk i'm willing to take as an aggressive Sheik heh

Smash Saej

Smash Cadet
I only use it for approaching, i like to dash, then wait till the end animation of the dash, then start the attack, it throws some people off.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
i only like to use the dash attack if the opponent has move lag and i know for SURE i can land it.

or sometimes to use at the edge at bigger characters (or characters whos up+B leaves them slightly above the ledge). it knocks them off. and if it misses you have time to get away from the edge before they can get up and attack you.

Top Bottom