• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darklink Presents "The Elite Four" Tempe, Arizona (NOV 21)

Darklink (Chris) and Yan Present

The Fifth Latest Arizona Tournament
"The Elite Four"

FEATURING

A chance to prove yourself. With the recent creation of a power rankings, our state's top players have been tentatively established, and with Wobbles temporary leave, another spot has been opened up for now. Who can claim it, and who can move up as well. The Elite Four is a perfect name for this tournament because its a symbol of accomplishment. I'm Red! Justin is Lance, Jard is Agatha, Kira is Bruno (LOL) and Light is Lorelei! haha!

ALSO: VOTE ON THE SIDE TOURNAMENT IN THE SECOND POST

DATE

November 21st

FRIENDLIES: 11 pm
BRAWL/MELEE DOUBLES: 12:30 pm
FOOD BREAK: 3:00-4:00pm
BRAWL MELEE SINGLES: 4 pm
SIDE TOURNAMENTS: 7 pm (Will start as singles is ending)

Yan's and My Place
2131 E. 10th St #2
Tempe, AZ 85281

Please don't use a GPS navigation system (or Google Maps or Mapquest) to get to my address. It'll route you through a permanently closed gate.

From ASU: go east on University, turn right just before you get to Price Rd/101 (into the Jack in the Box plaza). The condo complex is in the back corner of that plaza. Go into the condo complex and follow the road all the way to the back gate. I live in the building to the right of the back gate, in the back, away-from-the-gate corner.

From the 101: take the University exit and turn west. Turn left immediately into the Jack in the Box plaza. The condo complex is in the back corner of that plaza. Go into the condo complex and follow the road all the way to the back. I live in the building to the right of the back gate, in the back, away-from-the-gate corner.

Parking: Most of the parking are assigned spaces to residents, but there are a bunch of visitor spots around the complex. Here is a map of them. Pretty much any space marked "Visitor" (usually with a yellow curb) is fair game, as are any of the spots by the pool.

By Orbit: Take the Orbit Mercury line to Escalante Center (it picks up around College & 6th at ASU, I think). Head east a tiny bit and you'll see a gate closing off a condo complex to your left. There is a human-sized door in the left part of the gate that's usually open. If it's closed, give me a call

FEES

10 Dollar Brawl Single Entree Fee
15 Dollar Doubles Entree Fee (7.50 Each)

5 Dollar Melee Singles Entree Fee
5 Dollar Melee Doubles Entree Fee

SMALL AMOUNT PULLED FROM POTS TO PAY FOR DRINKS

POT SPLITS

SINGLES
1st: 60%
2nd: 30
3rd: 10

DOUBLES
1st: 60%
2nd: 30
3rd: 10

GENERAL RULES
* BYOC
* 3-stock
* 8-minute timer
* Double elimination
* Items are set to "Off" and "None"
* All sets will be determined in Best of 3 matches; Best of 5 will be used to determine the victor in Winner's, Loser's and Grand Finals
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* Double Blind picks can be called on the first match.
* Stage strikes are in effect in doubles, singles pools, and singles
*DSR is in effect in this tourney unless both players agree to revisit a previous stage.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
* All matches concluded by a suicide kill are determined by percent (including Kirby-ciding, DDD-ciding, Bowser-ciding).
* All standing infinites are banned from the tournament (DDD standing infinite, Marth on Ness, etc)
* Ice Climbers infinite is limited up to 200%.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* stalling is banned as is Planking (45 ledgegrab rule)
* Metaknight is NOT banned
* Players who use wii-motes are asked to take care of their own equipment as there are NO spare batteries provided in the tournament.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* If one player asks not to play on a hacked wii, then the match can be moved elsewhere.
* Losers/Winners/Grand Finals matches will be recorded and can’t be avoided. Losers semis, winners semis, etc. though can be.
* Players who don’t wish to play on Live Stream can request so up until finals.
*All Problems brought to the attention of the T.O's will be decided upon by the TO's and all TO decisions are FINAL
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port
* Color Blind Rule is in effect for teams.
* Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

STAGES (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
NEUTRAL
* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville

COUNTERPICK
* Yoshi's Island
* Brinstar
* Lylat Cruise
* Castle Siege
* Halberd
* Frigate Orpheon
* Jungle Japes
* Luigi's Mansion
* Rainbow Cruise
* Delfino
* Pokemon Stadium
* Pictochat

STAGE STRIKING IS IN EFFECT AND BOTH PLAYERS MAY BAN ONE STAGE

MELEE RULES

- Melee -

* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* 8:00 Timer
* All sets are best of 3 matches
* With the exception of Winner/Loser/Grand Finals - best of 5 matches
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* DSR is on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned.
* Wobbling is not banned
* Each player is allowed a random reset per set for the first match. A stage that is reset will not be played for the first match of a set, no matter how many times it randomly comes up.
* Neutrals may be banned.

- Neutral Stages -

* Final Destination
* Dreamland 64
* Battlefield
* Yoshi Story
* Pokemon Stadium
* Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)
* Kongo Jungle (Doubles only)

- Counterpick Stages -
* All neutral stages
* Corneria
* Brinstar
* Mute City (Singles)
* Pokefloats
* Rainbow Cruise
* Kongo Jungle

CONTACT

Chris- 602 -696 -7917 (CALL OR TEXT)

RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, KEEP AN EYE ON THE THREAD

PLEASE BRING SETUPS
WII+BRAWL If you can bring melee too!
1. Venue
2. Venue

TV
1. Venue
2. Venue
3. Venue

Since side tournaments have been very successful in the past, I'm definitely doing another one.

and guess what Arizona, I'm going to let you vote!!
EVERYONE GETS 2 VOTES, BUT THEY MUST BE USED FOR 2 DIFFERENT ONES

2 on 2 Tag Team: An interesting twist in the current doubles play. Players team up but actually play in a singles format. Kind of like 2 on 2 crews.

Water Fight: A very fun battle. Players pick pirate ship and then proceed to the bottom left of the map where they fight for the win! By spiking, hitting off the left boundary, or hitting their opponent towards the ship. Players CANNOT fight on the ship, and at the start and after a death, the water must be touched first before battling.

Random: Classic singles rules, except for character selection, "random" must be picked.

Animals Only: Characters Allowed: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Fox, Falco, Yoshi, DDD, Pikachu, Wolf, Lucario, Sonic, Bowser, Jigglypuff, pokemon trainer

2 on 2: 2
Water Fight: 3
Random: 5
Animals Only: 6

Jane

Smash Hero
im DEFINITELY going to this, since i finally got my car.

i can fit 4 tucson niggas in my car so if you need a ride to this let me know.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Chris count my vote for Random and Animals only. Dang side tournies will be sick! BTW you should make it like 3 dollars for side tournies.also will we get the 2 dollars off again for bringing in equipment

we're only doing one side tournament @ 2 or 3 dollars each. No there is no discount this time, but people should care about timeliness and their community. Im letting people destroy my house like always and buying drinks so the least people can do is bring setups.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
My vote is for girls only!!!
lol xD

I'll play in what ever side tourney it is, but my vote is random and water fight animals. IMO if you want crews it should be more than 2 people each.

EDIT: changed water fight to animals xD

na 2 on 2 is enough
UNLESS we have two team captains and pick each turn - and have a HUGE crew battle :p

We'll just put wobbles as our amazing Inactive until he gets back, partly cause I don't know how to edit the table to make another spot lol

Ill update the votes periodically also

hadesblade

Smash Lord
na 2 on 2 is enough
UNLESS we have two team captains and pick each turn - and have a HUGE crew battle :p

We'll just put wobbles as our amazing Inactive until he gets back, partly cause I don't know how to edit the table to make another spot lol

Ill update the votes periodically also
draft crews would be legit, and can I change my vote from water fight to animals only? I didn't see yoshi was in it lol.

EDIT:maybe list is amazing, but I haven't played on green greens in forever, and norfair/dp sense they were banned from ladder ><

and O_o pictochat

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
i just got a great idea for a side tourny.

series characters only (with series with 2 or more characters in brawl).

basic idea is that one series in brawl will be randomly selected and both players can only pick characters from that series. for example, pokemon was chosen, you may only choose lucario, pikachu, jiggly, or pt. if mario was chosen, players may only choose mario, luigi, bowser, peach, or yoshi. some characters only represent their series so snake, sonic, ice climbers , pit, captain falcon would be loners 1 and rob, game n watch, olimar, and wario would be loners 2.

the 2 loner series would be discussed for balance issues/who plays as who/etc...
random would be either drawing from hat, roll of dice, idk... some other method?
gf's each set would be a random selection.

what you guys think?

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
taking brawl money matches
with an interesting twist, best 3 of 5, but all characers must be different
anyone down?
would you have to announce which character your going to use next, or both people know which characters your gonna pick or double blind for all matches?

hadesblade

Smash Lord
i just got a great idea for a side tourny.

series characters only (with series with 2 or more characters in brawl).

basic idea is that one series in brawl will be randomly selected and both players can only pick characters from that series. for example, pokemon was chosen, you may only choose lucario, pikachu, jiggly, or pt. if mario was chosen, players may only choose mario, luigi, bowser, peach, or yoshi. some characters only represent their series so snake, sonic, ice climbers , pit, captain falcon would be loners 1 and rob, game n watch, olimar, and wario would be loners 2.

what you guys think?
That actually sounds like a good idea, but how many groups are there? Would we throw a dice to decide or what? (I have 8, 10, and 12 sided dice that I could bring in if there are more than 6 groups)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
**** like 5 posts before I got mine in. @Chris - I'd be down for that. Hopefully getting/saving money for my birthday this Wednesday (:

Also, count my votes to Random and Animals Only if I can use PT. If not, then I'll vote for 2v2 tag teams. And if it counts, I can most likely bring a setup.

I used to do that during my days as an online TO (I was legit, hosted 16 tournaments :p)

I also did one where you picked a row/column for your opponent and he picks one for you etc

and bryce, winner picks character first. First match is double blind.

@ Ismar = moneymatch then ;P?
also, PT is deff legal

no one would pick the kirby column...YOU PICK FOR YOUR OPPONENT

haha maybe ;p

I'm loving this elite four theme haha!
Anyone who beats any of us in the tournament gets a huge boost for PR rep
CHALLENGE/HYPE

hadesblade

Smash Lord
O: Ismar if we don't end up playing eachother in tourney we should mm again xD.

Duff0

Smash Ace
Socal already did the Elite 4 thing

Oh well

I vote for random twice.

I'll do that MM with you too, Chris

Gah777

Smash Lord
Woot! I'm coming to this! And I can bring a cube and melee if you need it (but no tv, sorry).

EDIT: Question- how's the "water fight" thing going to work? At some point a tornado might come along and pick up the ship. What are you going to have everyone do, jump on the ship and just wait untill the ship comes back down? And what about when the ship crashes into the rock? What happens then? I'm not trying to criticize, just curious.

Top Bottom