• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

Patinator

Smash Champion
What's so bad about Olimar, guys? Be happy for the Pikmen; they got what they wanted.

Now maybe we will...

But to those who think Dark Samus/any other character is auto-shoe-in just because Olimar is in... Think again. Pikmin and Pikmin 2 were very popular and well-recieved; plus, there was an Olimar AND Pikmin trophy in Melee!

(No I'm not a "Pikman", as a Pikmin member could be called.)

Machete

Smash Ace
I didn't say I was disappointed. That (insert extremely long chain of cuss words here) was from excitement. And IDK if we've talked about this, but what kind of trophies do you think would get in if Dark Samus was in Brawl?
Well, the Metroid Prime trophy is a must; and, if Dark Samus is in, the Metroid Prime MUST be a boss.

The leviathan seed, Phazon, and the MP3 hunters would be good too.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I see what you mean there. But anyone have a picture of the Metroid Prime?

As for other trophies, I THINK we'd get three Dark Samus ones, lol...

Maybe a trophy for the leviathan seed, and Phazon.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I was skeptical at first, but reading about the odd abilities Dark Samus could have I've changed my mind. The main reason I'm fond of Ridley and DS is that they are actually intimidating - Dedede can launch people like nobody's business but Ridley is an actual murderer, if that makes sense. Anyway I support this as long as they make the arm cannon completely different from Samus.

It didn't stop people from maining them and picking them.

Here is what should happen. Metroid Prime should be a boss, and DS should be a playable character. Simple. Who cares whether they are the same entity or not.
Nintendo does. The way this could happen is if Metroid Prime turns into Dark Samus and you unlock her. But two separate entities will not be the case.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I agree with Darkpaladin of Chaos on the matter of Metroid Prime: Boss, Dark Samus: Character.

And KraidGuy... Favorite Trophy? lol

As for music, I've been thinking that, while it doesn't have anything to do with Dark Samus...

The main theme of Metroid Prime Hunters for whatever her stage is, perhaps?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hmm, if DS gets a stage, these should be some themes..
Dark Samus theme (duh!)
Rundas's theme or/and Gandrayda's theme
Maybe a Prime Hunters theme..I like the main theme a lot
Phaaze theme or Impact Crater theme.
Metroid Prime's Boss theme (Maybe the Ing emporer's theme)
A Zero Mission or Fusion theme, though I see the other stages getting a lot of those themes
Metroid attacks theme

An extensive list...I'd like if any of these got in :grin:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That's always used for a escape countdown, not a necessarily great theme, but I couldn't see a Metroid game without it (maybe Prime 1 and 3)
Not always, in Super Metroid they just used the(very overused at the time) Ridley theme.
It's still pretty good though :p

Machete

Smash Ace
I'd love to see the Rundas' theme in Brawl, I love it. I'd like to see the Mutated Emperor Ing's theme and the Dark Samus' one of MP3.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
I did... and my best friend.... BETRAYED ME!!!!! It sux.

Oh, and guess what? The update on Olimar's moveset today.... was TAKEN FROM SMASHBOARDS!!!!!! This guy on the Pikmen thread made it! That means Sakurai is actually looking here! This might give us a greaterchance for Dark Samus.

Shuma

Smash Hero
uuuhm, Dark Samus or Megaman.

*votes for megaman*

Aniway, one of the leakers sais Dark Samus is an alt. Costume for Samus, the one who predicted Olimar's moveset.

That means Sakurai is actually looking here!
Somehow... i doubt it.

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
I voted for Dark Samus. I would rather her than Megaman, actually. She would be soo cool. Her movement, rather than walking and running, would be hovering as that is her primary means of travel (well in Echoes anyway). Her taunts could be:

-Menacing laugh
-Phaze in then out of invisibility
-Expel an explosion of Phazon Energy
-Points her arm cannon in front of her and envelopes herself in a blue light

Her entrance could be ascending from a pool of Phazon, or crash landing onto the battle in a Phazon Meteor. Moves would be Phazon-based (for the most part taken straight from her moves in the game). Her music could be, the obvious, Dark Samus theme, Metroid Prime theme or Escape from Dark Aether theme; amongst others. Her stage could be a Phazon ridden one in which only she is immune. Other characters could will be continuously damage if exposed to it. Dark Aether would be cool. There could be protective Safe Zones where players can recover health, slowly and stay out of the poisonous atmosphere. To activate them you must hit them with an attack (physical or otherwise).

Dark Samus FTW!
Let her be a secret character.

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
I voted for Dark Samus. I would rather her than Megaman, actually. She would be soo cool. Her movement, rather than walking and running, would be hovering as that is her primary means of travel (well in Echoes anyway). Her taunts could be:

-Menacing laugh
-Phaze in then out of invisibility
-Expel an explosion of Phazon Energy
-Points her arm cannon in front of her and envelopes herself in a blue light

Her entrance could be ascending from a pool of Phazon, or crash landing onto the battle in a Phazon Meteor. Moves would be Phazon-based (for the most part taken straight from her moves in the game). Her music could be, the obvious, Dark Samus theme, Metroid Prime theme or Escape from Dark Aether theme; amongst others. Her stage could be a Phazon ridden one in which only she is immune. Other characters could will be continuously damage if exposed to it. Dark Aether would be cool. There could be protective Safe Zones where players can recover health, slowly and stay out of the poisonous atmosphere. To activate them you must hit them with an attack (physical or otherwise).

Dark Samus FTW!
Let her be a secret character.

Woot I hear you, nice feild suggestion... but DS would be broken on that field (not like that's a bad thing, but Nintendo wouldn't want to make her too good...

Gah... having sig problems.... I don't want to be a burden, but how do you get all those little avatars for the characters to line up like that?

Pikmin update = AWESOME!

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
If Dark Samus was an alt... I would kill.... something...
*shifty eyes.... grabs assault rifle*

EDIT: hey, Ridley FTB, can I use your sig? It's cool...

Top Bottom