• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

D4RK_HUNT3R

Smash Cadet
No, I think her entrance should be:

Out of thin air, dark particles with a small bit of blue electricity start forming. They condefnse until finally a electric blue light flashes (Phazon) to form Dark Samus.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
People say that the new metroid stage update helps dark samus's chances. Is that true?
But anyway, I like the metorite crash idea the most.
Oh, yes. Metroid Prime isn't very popular or well known in Japan, so there were some doubts among people. But it seems Sakurai acknowlages the trilogy, so we have a greater chance of seeing him. Not that I ever doubted it though.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Hmmm.... I would have to say.... like a Captain Falcon, only without the speed. He drops fast, but is slightly slower than Samus. I think he fits in with the heavy class in some ways. It's hard to decide. Oh, and they don't hate the Metroid series. It's just the Prime series, which is just not well known.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
I know this already might have been mentioned but does a Metroid Prime 1 stage increase "Dark Samus's" chances in appearing?
*sigh* OK, I'll say it again.

Metroid Prime isn't very popular or well known in Japan, so there were some doubts among people. But it seems Sakurai acknowlages the trilogy, so we have a greater chance of seeing him. Not that I ever doubted it though.

Wasn't very long, but I'm lazy.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
*sigh* OK, I'll say it again.

Metroid Prime isn't very popular or well known in Japan, so there were some doubts among people. But it seems Sakurai acknowlages the trilogy, so we have a greater chance of seeing him. Not that I ever doubted it though.

Wasn't very long, but I'm lazy.
True but if he uses a Metroid Prime 1 stage, I believe Sakurai could or might just make Metroid Prime (the freak of nature one) as a boss. Then again bro, I don't we have enough evidence to conclude anything. Lets just hope Dark Samus is playable. I looooong to control her Phazon Power!

Hyperfan

Smash Apprentice
Not to interject in the conversation, but if MP was a SSE boss, their could be like a second form or some crap like that which would be Dark Samus.

And yes, I would like DS in Brawl. (The more Metroid, the better)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well, if Metroid Prime was a boss, wouldn't that deconfirm Dark Samus, since he is technically Metroid Prime also?
Nah...I think they could both be on the game. Maybe. But I'm just staying that whatever I choose to support (which is Dark Samus 120 %), it seems that Sakurai does the total opposite of my request (like he might add the freak of nature Metroid Prime). That's all.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

I would think that they would both be in in a way. If Dark Samus were in, there would be no Prime. If Prime were in, there would be no Dark Samus. Why not have both?
That's because Japan and Sakurai secretly detest our organization, and doesn't want to give the series that much representation. At least stage wise, and I'm just observing and monitoring what I've seen thus far. We've only got 2 stages, a Ridley soundtrack, and Zamus/Samus. She's still in the fight alone.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Yes, I don't count Zamus as a seperate character. She sucks too, I must say. Unless Sakurai changes her current moveset, I am not changing my mind about that.

Sakurai better include something from Prime other than Orpheon. If he dislikes the series though, that stage wouldn't even be in. So heres for Dark Samus for the next character update.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yes, I don't count Zamus as a seperate character. She sucks too, I must say. Unless Sakurai changes her current moveset, I am not changing my mind about that.

Sakurai better include something from Prime other than Orpheon. If he dislikes the series though, that stage wouldn't even be in. So heres for Dark Samus for the next character update.
I....never even picked Samus in 64 or Melee in the first place. I only wanna play as the villains/hunters.

True, about him adding Orpheon. That and only that gives me a glimmer of hope that I may actually have my dream fulfilled: TO PLAY AS DARK SAMUS AND PWN SOME OF THE CURRENT ROSTER!!

DARK S. 4 BRAWL

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
FYI: If Sakurai tries to be a smart@$$ and put stupid stuff like the Aurora Unit or SA-X and not Ridley or Dark Samus, then I shall snipe him while he hibernates. *loads sniper rifle*

Hyperfan

Smash Apprentice
That's because Japan and Sakurai secretly detest our organization, and doesn't want to give the series that much representation. At least stage wise, and I'm just observing and monitoring what I've seen thus far. We've only got 2 stages, a Ridley soundtrack, and Zamus/Samus. She's still in the fight alone.
You know, the Metroid Prime series isn't as popular in Japan as it is here (for God knows what reason). Although I hope it's not the case, the only thing we may get in terms of MP representation is Frigate Orpheon.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You know, the Metroid Prime series isn't as popular in Japan as it is here (for God knows what reason). Although I hope it's not the case, the only thing we may get in terms of MP representation is Frigate Orpheon.
Sakurai will not just take Japan's word, Metroid Prime is still popular worlwide.
He probably faced the same problem with US(etc.) disliking Lucas, who's known only in Japan.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Everyone who is apart of "The Dark Mercenaries" already knows that Japan doesn't like Metroid Prime that much. Why? Because they're bunch of pricks! They're crazy for not liking the Metroid series in all in its entirety.

B more optimistic, oh we'll get Dark Samus, so says my sniper rifle.:p

Hyperfan

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai will not just take Japan's word, Metroid Prime is still popular worlwide.
He probably faced the same problem with US(etc.) disliking Lucas, who's known only in Japan.
Good point, (hell, had it been for wikipedia, I would WTFed at his confirmation). Although being a Japanese-made game, I feel that some of our (the US I mean) contributions to various series and IPs would be undermined in favor of Eastern ones. An example of this would be the inevitable replacing of Ness (star of the only Mother game released outside of Japan) with Lucas (who became widely known in the US community after the DOJO update).

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Good point, (hell, had it been for wikipedia, I would WTFed at his confirmation). Although being a Japanese-made game, I feel that some of our (the US I mean) contributions to various series and IPs would be undermined in favor of Eastern ones. An example of this would be the inevitable replacing of Ness (star of the only Mother game released outside of the US) with Lucas (who became widely known in the US community after the DOJO update).
Sakurai must not favor Japan to the world!!!

I'm just going to reiterate my point... Just because Sakurai wants to keep it easy with Japanese-only characters does not necessarily mean he's going to give us an English-only character (or English-only to a certain extent). The only thing it does is strengthen worldwide appeal and weaken regional appeal.

Hyperfan

Smash Apprentice
I'm just going to reiterate my point... Just because Sakurai wants to keep it easy with Japanese-only characters does not necessarily mean he's going to give us an English-only character (or English-only to a certain extent). The only thing it does is strengthen worldwide appeal and weaken regional appeal.
I agree. I just wish their was some sort of middle-ground.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
In today's update.... I think Link and Yoshi are in Phaaze or the Phazon mines!
Look at the cave wth glowing blue mushrooms, doesn't it look like it?
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea10.html
I might be seein things, but that'd be awesome! :)

You can also see Link in Norfair! I think they are in the Metroid area :chuckle:

Sakurai doesn't start calling you lot pricks because you don't like the Mother series and you attach yourself to any mainstream game that comes your way.

So I advise you the STFU.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
In today's update.... I think Link and Yoshi are in Phaaze or the Phazon mines!
Look at the cave wth glowing blue mushrooms, doesn't it look like it?
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea10.html
I might be seein things, but that'd be awesome! :)

You can also see Link in Norfair! I think they are in the Metroid area :chuckle:
Would they do that? By that, I mean put characters in completely unrelated areas? That doesn't seem like something Sakurai would do. And the Phazon Mines you are talking about doesn't look as Phazon-ey as it should be. It wouldn't even be compared to Phaaze. As for the Norfair place, that looks like more of a Death Mountain from the Legend of Zelda series.

Would they do that? By that, I mean put characters in completely unrelated areas? That doesn't seem like something Sakurai would do.
Well sure. The two bosses we've seen so far aren't fought by characters in the same series. Kirby battles Petey Piranha while Fox and Diddy Kong take on Rayquaza, so it doesn't seem unlikely that worlds would be mixed up like that.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Yes, I don't count characters that much, beause Sakurai's been doing that since the beginning, but I wouldn't want to see Samus running through Yoshi's storybook. But, Sakurai does put characters on stages that aren't theirs in the Melee Adventure Mode. Maybe. We'll have to see.

Top Bottom