• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I just want to see Dark Samus going through pipes and stompin some goombas, just like the good ol days. :)

@KraidGuy: That sig is awesome!!! Where did you get the picture from?

Did it even have a whole skeleton?
It!? Dark Samus is intelligent enough to be considered a person, so should be addressed as a she. :grin:

However, she isn't human, so her complete skeleton may not be what would seem complete to us. She's a mutated Metroid who assimilated the suit and some DNA of a human, and then mutated some more. So I think the differences are justifiable.

Hyperfan

Smash Apprentice
It!? Dark Samus is intelligent enough to be considered a person, so should be addressed as a she. :grin:

However, she isn't human, so her complete skeleton may not be what would seem complete to us. She's a mutated Metroid who assimilated the suit and some DNA of a human, and then mutated some more. So I think the differences are justifiable.
I like to consider it, uh.. a it, because of lack of genitalia (what a disgusting world). For example, the Tyrant (at least the first one) in Resident Evil is typically called "it" because it has no (ugh) genitalia.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
i sparked a discussion!!!
watch my movie!!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OISvZ79lhA4
That was random. But I shouldn't be saying that, because almost everything on Youtube is random. I'm gueesing those were your brother and sister?

I like to consider it, uh.. a it, because of lack of genitalia (what a disgusting world). For example, the Tyrant (at least the first one) in Resident Evil is typically called "it" because it has no (ugh) genitalia.
Yes.... Keep this stuff clean, K? I myself consider Dark Samus a he because of his laugh in MP2. It was a male laugh.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That was random. But I shouldn't be saying that, because almost everything on Youtube is random. I'm gueesing those were your brother and sister?

I never woulda guessed when he said this :lol:
supergingerkid said:
A short movie made by me, my sister, and my brother.
Yes.... Keep this stuff clean, K? I myself consider Dark Samus a he because of his laugh in MP2. It was a male laugh.
But her laugh in MP3 was a females, plus it could spawn metroids as Prime
10 characters

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Dark Samus is referred to exclusively as a female in Metroid Prime 2 and Metroid Prime 3. Her gender shouldn't be up for debate.

Dark Samus is cannonically female. The End.

Well she isn't human, so her laugh wouldn't sound like a human female's laugh. :)

Bah, I still think it's genderless.
Haha, well anyone could think a number of things about a character, but what's official is what is truth. And the official truth: Dark Samus is female.

Well it was never officially stated that the Aurora Units were connected to Mother Brain. Most likely the AUs were based off of Mother Brain, which was made by the Chozo I believe.

And for the record, the series never officially stated that Dark Samus was Metroid Prime, but that was one of the more obvious things in so many ways.

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
I'd say it's Sylux' ship. He is part of the Federation's history, and is a good idea for a villain.

And on the Dark Samus front, I say yes. Ridley would be fantastic, and I have every hope of him being playable, but I would still love to play as Dark Samus. The moveset potential is amazing, no way a clone.

And my thought on the Aurora Units/Mother Brain? Assuming I'm thinking right in terms of chronological order, I would say Samus' report on Mother Brain, and the assumption there are other Chozo bases with abandoned Brains, I would say the Federation reverse-engineered the idea for themselves.

Top Bottom