• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Magikoopa ~Kamek~ Deconfirmed....

Do you want Kamek in SSB4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I like this character. ALOT. But he doesn't have a chance. He would get assist trophy at best.
That's a somewhat high exaggeration. Kamek's potential for magic based attacks, and him being the second most important Yoshi character, (I don't think anyone would really want Baby Mario) he has a decent chance at least.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wonder. Do you people know that he had a big role in Paper Mario: Sticker Star?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I wonder. Do you people know that he had a big role in Paper Mario: Sticker Star?
well, yes, I do. I put his theme in the OP.

it is a good recency and importance point for kamek, even though I don't like using recency.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
And recency isn't really that important when talking about Kamek since I believe he's in the majority of recent Mario titles, including or not including spin offs.

He really is one of the Mario-verse's most prominent villains.

Also, there's a chance that he's also a vampire, judging by this picture...

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Well, I do think he has a chance, especially if he is considered as the second most important character in the Yoshi franchise.

All the same... he'd be a pretty sweet Assist Trophy too, I bet. He'd probably just fly over twice and make your character huge, but that'd still be fun.
I mean, I'd be disappointed that he didn't make it in, but at least I'd be happy to see him at all.
I don't think there is much demand behind him though. His addition to the game would be too... random. But anything can happen i guess.

would you like me to add you to the list of supporters?
I'll pass ;)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
apparently Kamek has a bigger role then what I thought in M&L Dream Team. supposedly there's multiple boss battles with him.

wonder if that's anything positive to his chances?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
NEW KAMEK INFO:
they released a 5 minute video from gamescon, and kamek is making a WAY bigger appearance then in yoshi's island, as in addition to castle and fortress levels, he will be also appearing sometimes in bonus areas in levels.
@ 4:22

EDIT: there does seem to be a possibility that it's actually just there for the purpose of the demo, though.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
In my eyes the only thing preventing kamek is that he's not really too popular, but who knows. maybe he will get in anyways! here's hoping!

EDIT: I also just noticed this thread has more views then the other mario side series black magic character: Ashley! dunno if that's a big accomplishment or not...
Actually, that seems to be quite the accomplishment, considering Ashley's, well, a girl, and pretty much EVERYONE wants more females, so that's really good for Kamek if you think about it.

BTW, any confirmation on Kamek being in Yarn Yoshi?

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I don't know if you guys look at the Make Your Own Challenger Approaching Screen thread, but I had an idea for SSB4 having character-specific APPROACHING screens, and Kamek was one of the ones I threw together for it.

For Kamek:

This one would start out with Yoshi's Island graphics, then maybe Kamek does a flip on his broom, covering himself with the magic that he sprayed the bosses from Yoshi's Island with which turns him all 3D and it then goes into the battle.

I don't know, just a couple of ideas I had. There's a lot more possibilities.
Link to that thread, please.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
That's a somewhat high exaggeration. Kamek's potential for magic based attacks, and him being the second most important Yoshi character, (I don't think anyone would really want Baby Mario) he has a decent chance at least.

How about a Baby Mario and Luigi Tag team? Like the Ice Climbers?

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I've always wanted Kamek to make it in, but I could never find a spot for him on my roster, but now that it seems like Toad is still Peach's special move, I hope Kamek takes the slot I would have given to Toad.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I've always wanted Kamek to make it in, but I could never find a spot for him on my roster, but now that it seems like Toad is still Peach's special move, I hope Kamek takes the slot I would have given to Toad.
even as a mario rep? he would fit way better as a yoshi one

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
The only comptition he has is with Baby Mario, and I'd rather have him, so I am a supporter. Add me to the list. While I think there's more chance of having just Yoshi for Yoshi's Island, he still has a big chance. Even if he's not playable, he can be an assist trophy.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Yeah, the only true competition Kamek has is Baby Mario, but even then, he's not much to worry about. The only upper hand Baby has over the awesome turtle mage is that he could be made into a last-minute semi-clone/ clone (which has and probably always will happen.) Otherwise... it seems Kamek's the winner.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I really don't think baby Mario is a real rival towards Kamek. Fighting a baby is a little too much, and Kamek has far more potential than baby Mario.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I meant for things like Classic/All Star mode. Even if he's considered a Yoshi rep, I seriously doubt we'd get 2 Yoshi themed stages.

Would love something akin to a Fortress, where Kamek is almost bound to show up as of recent.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I meant for things like Classic/All Star mode. Even if he's considered a Yoshi rep, I seriously doubt we'd get 2 Yoshi themed stages.

Would love something akin to a Fortress, where Kamek is almost bound to show up as of recent.
Gotcha.

Wouldn't the Mario Galaxy stage just be given to Mario?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The NSMB/3D stage seemed the most iconic for him.

Then again, I didn't even consider the fact that there will be version-exclusive stages for both.
That's what I was thinking. We're bound to get a Luigi's Mansion stage and hopefully a Bowser's Castle stage, so those who aren't going to be on the Galaxy stage. Doesn't make sense for Peach to take it, though. If Bowser Jr. gets in, he'd fit in fine, Toad could fit in, but not great. Just makes sense to me that Mario'd get it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
For the handhelds, I would there would be a Super Princess Peach or Mario and Luigi stage (Peach's Castle is in every single one of them, IIRC). I think that or a Mario Kart stage would fit as Peach's home stage, with the aforementioned Bowser's Castle (which is LONG overdue) going to Bowser, and Luigi's Mansion being Luigi's. Then Yoshi's Island for Yoshi, and whatever's left to be divided up between the possible 5th Mario rep, Mario, and Kamek.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
For the handhelds, I would there would be a Super Princess Peach or Mario and Luigi stage (Peach's Castle is in every single one of them, IIRC). I think that or a Mario Kart stage would fit as Peach's home stage, with the aforementioned Bowser's Castle (which is LONG overdue) going to Bowser, and Luigi's Mansion being Luigi's. Then Yoshi's Island for Yoshi, and whatever's left to be divided up between the possible 5th Mario rep, Mario, and Kamek.
Peach's Castle wasn't in Brawl. Rainbow Cruise was the Mario stage brought back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom