• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Magikoopa ~Kamek~ Deconfirmed....

Do you want Kamek in SSB4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd seriously hope for a remasted version of the Castle theme from the first Yoshi's Island to be included on a Bowser's Castle stage. (which I'm also seriously hoping for)

But I'd hate if the Castle theme from the DS sequel was used instead, it wasn't a bad song, but shouldn't have been used as the theme for the enemy castles and forts, in my opinion it's a disgrace to the one from the first Yoshi's Island and all other castle themes in the Mario franchise.

And yeah, I guess it could be neat if Kamek's home stage in the Wii U version is the Galaxy stage.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think that bowser's castle should be kamek's home stage if that stage happens. Which it really should.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Did someone mention the castle theme from SMW2? That theme sacred the **** out me when I was younger. (>_>)

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Although Kamek isn't nomber one on my wish list, I must admit he would be a very great rep for Yoshi. (And the most likely) I other words, I would appreciate it if you added me to the support list. :)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I support.
I actually think that the Yoshi's Island series is underrepresented in Super Smash Bros.
Sure it's a Mario spin-off, but it's got quite a few games under its belt and 2 coming up next year.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Yoshi's Island and F-Zero are the only two series from the original to still not have a second character. But I think Yoshi's Island deserves it more.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I think the Yoshi series needs a 2nd representant. Yoshi's Island DS sold very well and is the last real Yoshi game I can think of. Two Yoshi games are on the go, so yeah: I believe Yoshi will finally get a 2nd representant. The really strong franchises have already more representants and even a weak franchise like Star Fox has 3 characters. (only 6 games without remakes, meaning less games than F-Zero) For SSB4 like for other series in Brawl already, there is a need to give some One Representant franchises more spots. I can think of four One Representant franchises that could offer another character for SSB4: Yoshi series, Wario Land/WarioWare series, Kid Icarus series and the F-Zero series. However F-Zero seems to have no other really representative character apart from Captain Falcon. Is Black Shadow good for promoting SSB4? Not really. Samurai Goroh? Neither. Judy Foster? I guess no. And the way around: Could SSB4 by implementing Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh or Judy Foster push the F-Zero series? Well to push a quite inactive franchise like F-Zero, you first need new games you can push. As there seem no new F-Zero titles to come in the future, there is no need for more F-Zero characters.
Kid Icarus will get a 2nd representant to show it's not the death franchise as we knew it in Brawl. (Sakurai surely wants to push Kid Icarus:Uprising)
Anyway, to come back to the topic. As we only have three franchises that could get a 2nd representant, I'm pretty sure 2 out of 3 if not all 3 will get more representants. Look at Brawl: Kirby and Donkey Kong, Metroid and even Earthbound/Mother got a 2nd representant. (Kirby even got a 3rd one) I feel like a 2nd Yoshi representant is out of question, we will get a 2nd one and I'm supporting Kamek.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I like the idea of Kamek being the second Yoshi rep. I would like his arena from SMW2 as a scrolling stage.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Birdo all the way. Who needs ****ing Kamek
I like people who seem to not even know that Birdo is only part of the Super Mario Universe and doesn't appear in a single Yoshi game while Kamek plays a major role in Yoshi games. It doesn't matter if you want to troll the thread or if you were thinking Birdo would be really part of the Yoshi series. It's a bit entertaining if one person says something like that, while two saying the same thing is just, well not as funny anymore.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

We really need something to talk about.

should he be on his broom most of the time or not?

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I was thinking not. He can levitate, can't he?

I vote we save the broom for his up-b.

Also, congrats on how high he is on the poll so far.
I don't think he levitates other than in Mario Galaxy. I'm pretty sure that's the only game.

maybe he could have an ability where he rides the broom, like a stance change, sort of. it could change most of his normals.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I don't think he levitates other than in Mario Galaxy. I'm pretty sure that's the only game.

maybe he could have an ability where he rides the broom, like a stance change, sort of. it could change most of his normals.
A Magikoopa levitated in Mario and Sonic: 2012 (The London one). Would that count? Kamek is a Magikoopa, after all...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
A Magikoopa levitated in Mario and Sonic: 2012 (The London one). Would that count? Kamek is a Magikoopa, after all...
oh, I never played that one, hm. I guess it does count then.

What about 3D world. I thought he did there.
STOP MOCKING ME ABOUT WII U GAMES I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR!

*sobs*

it's just a joke btw. but yeah, haven't played 3D world.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but Magikoopa's Japanese name is Kamek. And seeing as the Magikoopa is a Mario series enemy, it would more likely represent the Mario franchise than the Yoshi franchise.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but Magikoopa's Japanese name is Kamek. And seeing as the Magikoopa is a Mario series enemy, it would more likely represent the Mario franchise than the Yoshi franchise.
Then magikoopa is also the biggest villian in yoshi's island, right?

I stand by this.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I discussed this before. Kamek the Kamek =/= Kinopio the Kino (Toad the Toad). The specific Kamek from the Yoshi series (head of the Toadies, Bowser's nanny, etc.) and RPGs holds more semblance as a Yoshi rep than a Mario one.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
What if smash gives Kamek some distinguishing features? Just a couple, that don't seem that noticeable?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
What're you thinking? Different glasses or a colored trim to his robe?
the colored trim would be a good addition, just because it's not too big of a change. maybe the white part of the hat could be changed to a very pale blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom