• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Magikoopa ~Kamek~ Deconfirmed....

Do you want Kamek in SSB4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
what if kamek could spawn those direction-changing things that change the direction of projectiles? that could be interesting!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
what if kamek could spawn those direction-changing things that change the direction of projectiles? that could be interesting!
I was actually thinking that, since most of his boss battles involve messing with the stage, that Kamek would be the best character to make a stage-manipulating moveset with. Notice how he can summon blocks beneath him when he wants to stand on a platform? Those blocks could be used to create your own platforms (or we can use those hollow, yellow ones since they would be best for a temporary block).

Brb, making moveset.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I was actually thinking that, since most of his boss battles involve messing with the stage, that Kamek would be the best character to make a stage-manipulating moveset with. Notice how he can summon blocks beneath him when he wants to stand on a platform? Those blocks could be used to create your own platforms (or we can use those hollow, yellow ones since they would be best for a temporary block).

Brb, making moveset.
No, Sakurai would be the perfect stage-arranging character. He'd even turn items on.:troll:

Attachments

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I think if there's a 2nd Yoshi character he's the obvious choice.
Stork, Baby Bros, and Baby Bowser got nothin' on Kamek.

Am I the only one that really liked Kamella in Super Mario Galaxy?
Once again, dat color swap...

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Baby Bros. is just controversy waiting to happen.
Stork is pretty random.
Baby Bowser is pretty much neutral. Has nothing against him, but nothing for him either.
Shy Guy is deconfirmed.
Kamek is the next big thing.

So yeah, it kinda is Kamek or nothing.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Baby Bros. is just controversy waiting to happen.
Stork is pretty random.
Baby Bowser is pretty much neutral. Has nothing against him, but nothing for him either.
Shy Guy is deconfirmed.
Kamek is the next big thing.

So yeah, it kinda is Kamek or nothing.
I agree.

but stork wouldn't be bad...

Smady

Smash Master
Kamek or bust for Yoshi.

A good set would be too easy. Especially if you take size or shape manipulation into account.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Time for some sad #REALTALK

Probably not the best picture, but we can still see him. Looks like another one who bites the dust ._.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be honest, I wasn't expecting him to appear outside a trophy. This is actually better.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
And to be extra fair and what not, technically ROB was both a murderable minion and a playable character so it wouldn't be unheard of to see both magikoopas in Smash Run and Kamek as a character. I do think it's a pretty hefty blow against him, but I wouldn't actually say he's 100% biting the dust quite yet.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, mind you.

Last edited:

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
Kamek could be an excellent assist trophy, maybe casting polygon shots or just using his polygon hammer

-Kameks are just a race of enemies!
First, we are talking about THE Kamek, from Yoshi's island. you know, the one that mocks you before EVERY BOSS? Second, the name of the race is "Magikoopa", not Kamek.
Sorry if this has already been brought up, but "Kamek" is the name of the whole species in Japan; preserving the name Kamek in Yoshi's Island appears to have been a localization oversight.

Still, I'm not opposed to a playable Magikoopa, and I'm not even so sure that being a baddie in Smash Run disconfirms him. There were R.O.B. enemies in The Subspace Emissary, after all, and those were shown off long before the playable R.O.B. was.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Sorry if this has already been brought up, but "Kamek" is the name of the whole species in Japan; preserving the name Kamek in Yoshi's Island appears to have been a localization oversight.
While the kamek in Japan is the name of the race, if I remember correctly, there certainly is a specific "Kamek", much like Toad outside of Japan. (Maybe Bandana Dee would be a better comparison, for the longest time he was referred to as JUST Waddle Dee.)

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry for your loss, Kamek supporters. I especially know how much you wanted him, @ Starcutter Starcutter .
May my condolences go out to you guys.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That sucks. I am not a supporter, but I wasn't anti-Kamek either (he is a fun character in Yoshi's Island).

My condolences.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Dammit.

I was really hoping for Kamek. He's one of my favorite Yoshi/Mario characters, and his moveset would have been great.

Looks like he's the first off my most-wanted list to be disconfirmed. Why do I have to want all the unlikely characters?

And Shy Guy is disconfirmed too.....

:crying:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Wait how did he get deconfirmed properly?

This seriously sucks though. He was one of the very first characters I supported... And I made a Yoshi's character series thread with him in, too ;_;. Hope isn't lost for Yoshi yet, since Baby Bros. is still a thing, but things don't look good for our poor green dino...

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well Kamek got deconfirmed since the direct, and before you mention the R.O.B. escenario the R.O.B.s in SSE have various differences from the playable one, they have less details, I could put some pics for better comparation but at this moment that feels irrelevant.

Yoshi's Island is one of my favorite game ever and I have mained Yoshi since Melee yet I don't blind myself into believing he still had a chance.

I am surprised nobody mention THIS guy
by the way sorry to Kamek's supporters and while it´s true Kamek is the name of the species in Japan in America they have made it clear that Kamek is the name of a specific Magikoopa

jigglover

Smash Lord
Well Kamek got deconfirmed since the direct
I still don't consider this a valid excuse, since Yoshi being a species has been brought up many times before as a counter argument to this...

People were talking about Kamek being a stage hazard, but I just checked the official smash bros. site's screenshot and while it is of Mario Bros. U, there's not Kamek there...

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I still don't consider this a valid excuse, since Yoshi being a species has been brought up many times before as a counter argument to this...

People were talking about Kamek being a stage hazard, but I just checked the official smash bros. site's screenshot and while it is of Mario Bros. U, there's not Kamek there...
It doesn't matter if you find it a valid excuse, Kamek and magikoopas look exactly the same, as I said before EVEN R.O.B. has differences from enemy R.O.B.S so thinking and exactly similar character would be playable is being really optimist

You go check Miiverse Sakurai said so, he doesn't appear in the screen shot but Sakurai said it so, he IS really deconfirmed if people still had doubts

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
"When Kamek casts a spell, the stage transforms drastically!"

Well... stage hazard is better than nothing I guess. At least he's making an appearance this time. How come he didn't make any appearance outside of stickers before?

jigglover

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter if you find it a valid excuse, Kamek and magikoopas look exactly the same, as I said before EVEN R.O.B. has differences from enemy R.O.B.S so thinking and exactly similar character would be playable is being really optimist

You go check Miiverse Sakurai said so, he doesn't appear in the screen shot but Sakurai said it so, he IS really deconfirmed if people still had doubts
Just to be annoying, I will point it out. Yoshi also looks identical to the rest of his species.

Thank you though @ Tepig2000 Tepig2000 for explaining how he was actually deconfirmed though... I assumed it was the comment, but I couldn't find it anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom