• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Magikoopa ~Kamek~ Deconfirmed....

Do you want Kamek in SSB4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
kamek has a good chance to be added to draw attention to the new yoshi games, also because yoshi only has 1 rep, and is a series in smash 64 that still only has 1.

also, baby bowser is only the main villain in yoshi's story.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
"Minions/underlings" more often than you'd think otherwise turn out being bigger antagonists in the grand scheme of things for most games.
Ridley to Mother Brain/Dark Samus, Fawful to Cackletta, Eggman to the ultimate-evil-in-a-can boss of the week, etc..
Unless it's Ganondorf hijacking the plot. In which case, Ganondorf things ensue.

Either way, I'd like a true dark magic user. Which Baby Bowser/Bowser Jr. almost certainly wouldn't be.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
hey guys, would you like if kamek had a glide on his broomstick? or should his broom be his up B?

...or both?

I'd like it to be his glide.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
hey guys, would you like if kamek had a glide on his broomstick? or should his broom be his up B?

...or both?

I'd like it to be his glide.
Hmmmm...it can go either way but i first pictured it as his up B

And maybe side smash is a fat broom smack?

But seeing how hes on his broom most of the time i dont mind either tbh.

Hehehe i didnt exzactly help you out did i....

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm thinking up+B so that it controls better. Seeing him trying to use it to glide but slowly crashing into the stage would make me sad.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Well, if we ever get a 2nd Yoshi rep it will be Kamek. That's something in my book.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
baby bowser is too much like bowser jr. If we get jr, there's no possible way for baby bowser to be included.

grizby2

Smash Lord
kamek? the more mages the better!

I wish they would make him look a bit different from other magikoopas like what they did with Kammy.

I mean hes the one who took care of bowser as a kid ...right? :\

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
kamek? the more mages the better!

I wish they would make him look a bit different from other magikoopas like what they did with Kammy.

I mean hes the one who took care of bowser as a kid ...right? :\

Yeah, it's a pity that he was never differentiated more... In the very least, they could have given him a different cloak. There definitely are still people who think Kamek is just the name of the minion type.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd even accept Kammy.

I think Kamek has more of a memorable appearance in games, but I'd accept her too.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Why not interchangeable alts/both? Back in the old pre-Brawl thread I even suggested Kamella, the Magikoopa boss from Galaxy as one.

Also to clear up some confusion, Kamek is actually the name of the species in Japanese. The prominent one is just "The Kamek."

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Why not interchangeable alts/both? Back in the old pre-Brawl thread I even suggested Kamella, the Magikoopa boss from Galaxy as one.

Also to clear up some confusion, Kamek is actually the name of the species in Japanese. The prominent one is just "The Kamek."

Oh seriously? Well, that's confusing. Nintendo Japan and Nintendo America need to get their shiz together. :p Thanks for clearing that up for me. It'd be nice if the Toad and the Kamek had unique names to identify them with consistently.

And I always love alt costumes. Sure, it'd seem like Kamek just crossdressing as an old lady, but it'd still be great.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It gets even weirder considering the translations flub sometimes, and characters are called "Magikoopa" when they're clearly Kamek (Magikoopa in the Mario and Luigi Series, Mario Party 9, etc.) and Kamek when they're clearly just some random/generic Magikoopa (PsychoKamek in SuperStar Saga, the non-Kammy Magikoopa in Paper Mario, etc.).

Lastly, certain characters, like Kamella, are just known as "___ Kamek" in Japan. Boss Kamek, in her case.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
It gets even weirder considering the translations flub sometimes, and characters are called "Magikoopa" when they're clearly Kamek (Magikoopa in the Mario and Luigi Series, Mario Party 9, etc.) and Kamek when they're clearly just some random/generic Magikoopa (PsychoKamek in SuperStar Saga, the non-Kammy Magikoopa in Paper Mario, etc.).

Lastly, certain characters, like Kamella, are just known as "___ Kamek" in Japan. Boss Kamek, in her case.

Right, I saw the Boss Kamek thing in Super Peach when it was actually Kamella or Kammy. Weird. Maybe they just... never intended for him to be a reoccurring character or something? Hrm.

In any case, he's been showin' up tons, and he's great, and let's add him. :p

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I added some counter arguments to the OP. Did you think they are good? did I leave any out?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Looks pretty solid to me. Also kinda surprised I haven't been added to list of supporters.

I did some digging and found the pre-Brawl Kamek thread I was apparently the "founder" of. The group/clan was called the Kamekians.

http://smashboards.com/threads/kame...ek-advances-in-teh-battle-stats-added.131218/

The moveset listed there is mine (or at least the Final Smash is, I think), and it includes an abridged history of Kamek's history in the games, along with some alts/fan art. Obviously doesn't include the most recent appearances, and some of the links are dead. Just general nostalgia, essentially.

Don't go looking farther than that, I was terrible back in those days.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Looks pretty solid to me. Also kinda surprised I haven't been added to list of supporters.

I did some digging and found the pre-Brawl Kamek thread I was apparently the "founder" of. The group/clan was called the Kamekians.

http://smashboards.com/threads/kame...ek-advances-in-teh-battle-stats-added.131218/

The moveset listed there is mine (or at least the Final Smash is, I think), and it includes an abridged history of Kamek's history in the games, along with some alts/fan art. Obviously doesn't include the most recent appearances, and some of the links are dead. Just general nostalgia, essentially.

Don't go looking farther than that, I was terrible back in those days.
Alright, added you to the supporters, as well as linking the brawl thread for people to enjoy.

you sure that moveset's yours? I can add it if you want.

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
He should have a teleport move like he used in New Super Mario Bros. Wii! (Love that game btw)

I think that move would be good, but he should have good ranged attacks, poor close combat defense, good defense for ranged attacks, and low physical power. Maybe his dash could be him riding his broom! But he would go about as fast as Mario runs, and be a lightweight character.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
You can add me to the list of supporters.

I liken Kamek's role in the Yoshi series to that of Wolf or Ridley. The enemy the main character comes in contact with most who isn't the last boss. While I think his chances are super duper small, I would absolutely love for him to be playable.

Groose

Smash Champion
Sign me up.

Kamek should definitely get in eventually. I believe he'll have to wait until the fifth game, but he'd be welcomed in the fourth. He'd have a unique moveset and he is a much-needed rep for Yoshi. I'd say his biggest 'competition' is Baby Mario... and... well... yeah.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
You guys really had to wait until I'm on vacation to ask to become a supporter? Lol, I'll do it when I get back home and I can use my computer again.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I fully support Kamek, He is my opinion really the ONLY worthy Yoshi representer, and I wanted him since Brawl. You can also see him in my Signature, with my other supporting characters.

Shy Guy is good, but he is nothing like Kamek.
Birdo? I hate it.. yeah it.. And I think it would be too close the one of Yoshi's moves.
also Baby Bros could work, but rather see the MAIN villain of the Yoshi series being the second Yoshi Rep :)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
people seriously think birdo's a yoshi character?! r-really?

um... because he's not.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I know it's not... It's not actually a Mario Character... it's a monster from Doki Doki Panic, that did not change when they made it into a Mario Game... so it appeared in more Mario SPIN-OFFS... and somehow people seem to use Birdo as both a Yoshi and a Mario character ~ True Story

SonicMario

Smash Master
If Yoshi gets a 2nd rep, Kamek is definitely most deserving of that spot.

The only contender for that spot if there's the room for it, is the Baby Mario Bros.

Not to mention Kamek has appeared in games other then Yoshi games as of late. Like both the Wii and Wii U New Super Mario Bros. games and even got to blast Mario off into space in the first Super Mario Galaxy.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Kamek's been popping up a lot more recently. he's in the new yoshi's island, the new paper mario, the new super mario bros Wii and U and probably yarn yoshi. don't really know what this says for his chances, but it does say nintendo acknowledges him.

I do wonder how he might appear in Yarn yoshi, if he does at all.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Kamek? THE Kamek? YES. I always wanted his grabs to use Toadies he summons and magic blasts that can give an opponent an ailment (Lip's Stick, Poison Mushroom, Frozen). I might make a moveset.

EDIT 1: 200th post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom