• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DAPHNE 1, Pgn & Blacka's monthlies. Mineola, NY, 10/10/09

What should the side event be?

• Low tier singles

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Duelist Pro

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Mid tier singles

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Crews

Votes: 15 21.4%

• Total voters

Vinnie

Smash Master
Possible name change / it's most likely going to be a monthly series that starts out at GT and eventually becomes larger -> larger venues etc.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Kay here's the deal.

From now on, me and Blackanese are going to be hosting monthlies. They'll start out at GT, and grow and become more known. After a couple of these, more people will attend, we'll end up hosting regionals at a larger venue (not confirmed yet). That's our plan.

New name:

Vinnie

Smash Master
Possibly in future events, we just don't want too many things running :/

Brawl+ would require hacked Wiis and all that, etc. Maybe at Daphne 2.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Daphne is a whack name for a tournament. What happened to my girls Bon qui qui and Sha nay nay?

Possibly in future events, we just don't want too many things running :/

Brawl+ would require hacked Wiis and all that, etc. Maybe at Daphne 2.
Understood with the "running too many events" part but just so you know: Wiis no longer need to be hacked in order to play Brawl+. A freshly bought Wii can run B+ just fine; the only requirement to run it now is one SD card per Wii, which many peeps already have.

Vinnie

Smash Master
:O Must get SD card :O

put the poll's already over, I just think mid tiers should rightfully be our side event. These are monthlies so I'll gladly host a brawl+ side tourney in November, without a poll, knowing the Wii doesn't even need to be hacked.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
"Mid tier" tourny is freakin ********. It just creates a new Meta Knight except better...Sheik. Anything below B tier will be very crippled.

I will still enter, though. My Ike is too nasty and I can just gay people with PIT, roflmao.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
but doesn't Peach destroy sheik?
I don't see why she would be as good as Sheik in a mid tier tournament, as Peach doesn't negate most of the characters below her like Sheik does. Sheik should be in A tier.

I took Light, a very good Sheik main in TX that was Forte's doubles partner in the start of Brawl, to last hit with my horrendous Peach in friendlies, so you could be right, lol... Peach probably wins, but I wouldn't say it's by much.

Peach can be the Snake of mid tier tournaments. :p

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
"Mid tier" tourny is freakin ********. It just creates a new Meta Knight except better...Sheik. Anything below B tier will be very crippled.

I will still enter, though. My Ike is too nasty and I can just gay people with PIT, roflmao.
Is lucario allowed?
Assuming they are allowing B and C tier for mid tiers(since low is considered D-F) then this is the list.

Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Donkey Kong
Peach
Luigi
Fox
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik

If D is also allowed then these 4 also count

Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
its most likely B and C tiers. i wish our new tier lists had a more definitive way of saying who is top, high, mid, low, bottom.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Top tier = S tier
High tier = A & B tiers
Mid tier = C & D tiers
Low tier = E & F tiers

The only real fair way I can do it :[

C tier
Peach
Luigi
Fox
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik

D tier

Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Daphne as Tournament Names, Crew Names...

Pick something cooler.

Vinnie

Smash Master
LLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I feelz badz now. I shoulda wrote "low tiers E - F" and mid tiers C - D" :[

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Only one option PGN:

Make Duelist Low Tier Doubles the side tournament.

Really, though, or at least make a B-F tier doubles tournament. TBH doubles without top tiers would be really really fun.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Why would you NOT allow the bottom tiers? Wtf is this nonsense? What if I want to use Ganondorf, the worst character in the game? You limit tournaments in low/mid tier events by kicking out the broken characters, not the crappy ones.

"Mid tier" tournament is stupid. Just do low tiers or crews or at least something that makes sense and isn't based on a flawed tier list.

Btw, Ike is the 5th worst character in the game.

Only Link, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, and Zelda (maybe) have worse match-ups against S and A tier characters. Yoshi, Ness, Lucas, Mario, etc. all do way better than Ike against the characters that matter.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
why don't all you guys let him run his SIDE EVENT at a tournament that HE IS RUNNING the way he wants to
Exactly Inui go host something on this date if your going to complain.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
why don't all you guys let him run his SIDE EVENT at a tournament that HE IS RUNNING the way he wants to
Inui can't FORCE him to change his own event but he's allowed to voice his opinion about it. Don't be such an ignorant child by saying something so stupid. We're all part of the community and our attendance is what makes events happen in the first place.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
No, he made a valid point. In low tier events the point is to get rid of significantly better characters to allow the lower chars to compete. Whats the point of a mid tier only event? To protect all the significantly better characters from Ganon and Link??

Inui

Banned via Warnings

I will always voice my opinion, child. There is no point in not allowing the worst characters in the game. Sheik, Peach, Wolf, and others totally negate the bad characters anyways.

Here is some witness testimony.

SetoKaiba97321 (9:49:59 PM): i think low tiers shouldnt be allowed in mid tiers. I mean, how else will we protect the better characters from the mighty ganon and link
Sesshomaru010101 (9:56:05 PM): roflmao!
SetoKaiba97321 (9:57:40 PM): watch out peach and wolf *challenger approaches" OH ****KKK ITS FALCON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sesshomaru010101 (9:57:47 PM): LOL

Exactly Inui go host something on this date if your going to complain.

Why would you tempt me with this? I am an elite host. NJ will not go to this event anymore if I host.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Inui may have different opinions than people sometimes, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't flat out disrespect someone like that. Heh

Top Bottom