• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Danimals marth combo video tournament matches and friendlies

Charlesz

Smash Champion
crazy marth man, props. I have a question though, it appears that your ff faster than my marth ( went to friends house and tried marth for the first time ) , why is that? Do you have a certain frame timing for seomthing? K thx

Demonstormkill

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-6919-7589
^ I just rewatched every one of the videos, and he used it once (not fully charged) in the 1st game with Futile. Futile got under him though and killed him during the lag time. It IS kinda dangerous that way, and he didn't have much trouble recovering anyway. The only thing I thought he might have made better use of in recovery is stalling edgehoggers with a forward-b. Would have saved him once or twice, but it's hard to know when to use it.

@Danimals - You're representing all us marth players very well, and I'm seeing plenty of ways to improve my game by watching yours. Good stuff. Because you represent us though, you're never allowed to lose. I expect to see rematches with futile (**** he's good, though) posted in the near future. :D

Surgo

Smash Apprentice
Method 1: Press up+b then smash backwards on the joystick
Method 2: Press the joystick to 1 o'clock or 11 o'clock and press b. (I'm using clock big hand positions to give you an estimate of where the stick should be.) I do this with a rolling motion starting at 9 o'clock for 1:00 and 3 o'clock for 11:00. Hope this isn't too complicated.
These aren't actually equivalent. Method 1 will send you straight up in the normal dolphin slash trajectory, only in the opposite direction. Method 2 will actually give you a bit more horizontal distance (it will still do so if you do it forward instead of reverse).

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
These aren't actually equivalent. Method 1 will send you straight up in the normal dolphin slash trajectory, only in the opposite direction. Method 2 will actually give you a bit more horizontal distance (it will still do so if you do it forward instead of reverse).
I never noticed that so i will take your word for it. Thanks, that may come in handy considering i use method 2.

P.S. The hardest match up for me is Marth vs. Marth since i cant counter like i want to and i cant be agressive cuz he can counter me. Fair spam is a little more difficult.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this is in the thread anywhere, but are you using C-stick or A to use aerials?
I use both. c stick mainly for dairs and up airs

crazy marth man, props. I have a question though, it appears that your ff faster than my marth ( went to friends house and tried marth for the first time ) , why is that? Do you have a certain frame timing for seomthing? K thx
its timing just learn the timing. Its not that hard you got this ^_^

Awesome, just one question, why don't you ever use B to recover? It can sometimes sends you flying back onto the platform if you charge it long enough.
cause its really risky it can help out but marth is sooooo vulnerable I think.
and times that I used it it always backfired and messed me up. like opponent hits me.
I prefer not using it but if I do use it it will be random

^ I just rewatched every one of the videos, and he used it once (not fully charged) in the 1st game with Futile. Futile got under him though and killed him during the lag time. It IS kinda dangerous that way, and he didn't have much trouble recovering anyway. The only thing I thought he might have made better use of in recovery is stalling edgehoggers with a forward-b. Would have saved him once or twice, but it's hard to know when to use it.

@Danimals - You're representing all us marth players very well, and I'm seeing plenty of ways to improve my game by watching yours. Good stuff. Because you represent us though, you're never allowed to lose. I expect to see rematches with futile (**** he's good, though) posted in the near future. :D
thnx appreciate it

and yes futile is good going to beat him one day. Im learning more and more about wario when i play him.

Can't wait for next combo vid. In your opinion who is Marth's hardest match-up?
has to be opponents like kirby and diddy I just dont like short characters.

but Wario is really hard in my opinon cause futile beats me im getting better though against his warrio next time ill beat him I got this ^_^ LOL

Demonstormkill

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-6919-7589
I use both. c stick mainly for dairs and up airs
So do you set it to "attack" instead of smash to do easy dairs without fastfalling (since it fastfalls if set to smash)? If so, isn't it a little inconvenient not having the c-stick for smashes? What about other little things like "stutterstepping" (i know its not a big part of marth's game), where you need c-stick set to smash?

Top Bottom