• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAWR its Luigi

Smash Journeyman
tac0 he might not talk or anything and look like a axekilling robot but ur serious to we all r thats why we train and drive hours 2 smashfests and torneys they is a very serious game :] i hate mind games always kills me lol

im not saying anything bad evsrything about him is good hes about a god of smash thats all i mean maybe talk alittle more idk im not talking mess im giving u a highfive for kicking *** at this game

pi3

Smash Apprentice
theres not enough love on this forum

we should all settle are differences over a game of smash

this saturday somewhere:]

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Maybe the reason I'm quiet is just because I'm pondering how I should kill my next victim, did you ever think about that? No, no one ever considers my feelings.

But honestly, I talk...sometimes. That little "Rok won" bit was in response to his post somewhere in the Roy forums about how he "almost won" the last MGC and keeps saying that he should have beat UTD Zac and also that he's better than me. My comment is to be taken just as seriously as those comments, which is to say, not seriously at all. I've known Rok a while, he's a good guy, and judging by the stuff he posts, I'm sure he's not sensitive enough to take it personally.

And Scav is right, Peach down-smashed my soul away long ago.

Icephoenix231

Smash Cadet
well why does no one just volunteer there house 4 us to play?
For the same reason that you don't :p

But I talked to the guy... and of course, he just wants money XD, and doesnt really care what we do.

he'd provide the space/AC/all that struff.. we'd have to take care of the gamecubes and TV's and whatnot...but it's a good sized space, and it would be a badass time..just would have to pay an admission fee of some kind. I'll talk to him some more...but I firtst gotta know if we are really interested >.> I think roughly 50-80 people woudl be the turnout he's looking for.

We could host our own tournament...an dhave liek a 10 dollar entry fee... have like 7 bucks of it go to him, and the rest pitch in towards a cash prize or something?

I have no problem planning this out, but it just couldnt be a flop XD I'd like to organize this if I can get another three or four people interested in setting it up..it could be a real badass cool/casual tourney... All in say Aye Aye! >.> Or just shoot me an e-mail/PM... I'd really like to get thi sgoing, since there seem to be no tournaments or smashfests going on soon.

proof

Smash Cadet
haha i give rok some props for creating an account when he knew it was gonna get banned....B|tch

tell me wat you've done though....u've gotten no where....but since u use a ****ty character like roy u think your somebody?? that doesn't make u ne body...i could go make a pichu guide and say pichu counters all and i'd be just as far as u....win some tourneys and get some respect before u talk **** to ne body.....especially a player as prestigious as bluezaft

Icephoenix231

Smash Cadet
Well that's why I need people to PM me and stuff about it. We could set it up, but wer woudl have to have it in probably a month or two time to get everything figured out... I thinkit would be a freakin' amazing time...and since we set the rules/the way things go, it would be the way we freakin want it! No gayness or waiting 20 minutes for a freeplay station -_- It'd also be a great event for yus to all get to know eachother and whatnot... Seriously, lemmie know if anyone's as eager about getting this started as I am. :D

RAWR its Luigi

Smash Journeyman
Well that's why I need people to PM me and stuff about it. We could set it up, but wer woudl have to have it in probably a month or two time to get everything figured out... I thinkit would be a freakin' amazing time...and since we set the rules/the way things go, it would be the way we freakin want it! No gayness or waiting 20 minutes for a freeplay station -_- It'd also be a great event for yus to all get to know eachother and whatnot... Seriously, lemmie know if anyone's as eager about getting this started as I am. :D
dude if u need any help im here
my crew will all pitch in to help out with tvs and wat not and
my cell is 214-605-5887
this should b big we need to bring enough tvs and cubes so that people dont have to play unfriendies i like to call them and actual tourny wood b awesum
cash prize sounds good and getting to no all the smashers around will make smashboards more friendly haha
PM ME at crazyassjeremy on aim

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Although the price is too steep for a local tourney/smashfest, your place sounds perfect for holding a large, state-wide tournament sometime! I'd be very interested in setting something up there that would attract a lot of out-of-towners, maybe sometime in late September.

RAWR its Luigi

Smash Journeyman
Although the price is too steep for a local tourney/smashfest, your place sounds perfect for holding a large, state-wide tournament sometime! I'd be very interested in setting something up there that would attract a lot of out-of-towners, maybe sometime in late September.
sounds great should give us enough time to plan it all and enough time to advertise the tourny/smashfest which wood go down we will just need plenty of people to help out and it will b great and bring alot of great smashers to ur location for the tourny

ps.u rule bluezaft

hitomi

Smash Rookie
dude if u need any help im here
my crew will all pitch in to help out with tvs and wat not and
my cell is 214-605-5887
this should b big we need to bring enough tvs and cubes so that people dont have to play unfriendies i like to call them and actual tourny wood b awesum
cash prize sounds good and getting to no all the smashers around will make smashboards more friendly haha
PM ME at crazyassjeremy on aim
go for it...you can count me in...this would not only bring us smashers closer but, it will be an event that we will remember. :cool:

pi3

Smash Apprentice
wow a big tourney sounds fun

but some small smashfests inbetween would be nice

i cant wait that long to crew battle rok's sorry *** crew

jk rok, but yeah ur going down:]

WiLD BOris

Smash Ace
I want to play these new-ooooooooobs people, lol. J/K on the Noob thing, cause I dunno for sure yet.

Anyone doing something this weekend?

Chris let me know if you and Zac do something.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Dangz. Dallas thread is bumpin' as of late.

Who is who from the last MGC tournament? I only met Fire and it sounds like he is friends with some of yall. tac0 ive seens from MINESpace.

Whoever plays Yoshi best not use pink cause I'll battle for the yeller boots.

Hope to play yall soon, more the merrier.

Blue: I'm singing a love song at you. At, but not for you. I know you dig.

MGC Gamer:
What is this business about another qualifier? MGC website is down and CPL website looked at me funny.

runningbrave/rage: when i see you later this morning remind me to practice some Gdorf so i can get on some of this ditto action.

Who here can say they have 3 kitties and 1 biggun meow meow in bed with them?
It's no wonder i'm such a terrible force for destruction.
Don't question it

pi3

Smash Apprentice
i meet u at do a barrel roll 3 a while back

me an u teamed against some guyz on the game smashboard

hope to play u soon, and dont worry i use green yoshi

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
wait do u mean rok and the garland crew vs u guys or

rok's vs garland vs u guys
does it really matter. RoK's crew is going down. even if RoK wins a match i doupt the rest of his crew would. (RoK needs dark n F4L)

hell yea cause everybody is eager to play people. especially me. watch out peoples F4L coming n he gonna bring dat FIREEEEEEEEEEE!

pi3

Smash Apprentice
yeah

i agree rok's crew is week lmao

and hell yeah, everyones eager to play, im especially eager

jsgross

Smash Rookie

MGC Gamer:
What is this business about another qualifier? MGC website is down and CPL website looked at me funny.
McDonald’s Midnight Gaming at the Summer Event

The Cyberathlete Professional League (CPL) announced that it is hosting a Midnight Gaming Championship tournament presented by McDonald’s®, at the Summer 2007 CPL Championships which takes place Thursday, August 30 to Sunday, September 2, 2007 (Labor Day Weekend) at the Hilton Anatole hotel in Dallas, Texas.

The following games will be featured as part of the Midnight Gaming Championship:

Super Smash Bros. Melee (Nintendo GameCube)
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (Microsoft Xbox 360)
NBA 2K7 (Microsoft Xbox 360).

You have to be at least 13 years of age to enter the tournaments. All registrants of the CPL Summer Event can enter one of these tournaments at no extra cost, including registrants of the Free Spectator Passes available on this page.
https://www.thecpl.com/register.php?page=freepass&eventid=22

The winners will qualify to participate in the Dallas Finals taking place October 6, 2007, for an opportunity to win $3,000 in cash prizes.

A schedule of all CPL event activities will be published soon.

The goal of the Midnight Gaming Championship is simple–partner with key brands to help raise awareness and acceptance of gaming, and make competitive gaming more accessible. After all, it’s always midnight somewhere. The Midnight Gaming Championship is produced by Video Gamers League and Affinity Sports and Entertainment Marketing.

Visit www.midnightgamingchampionship.com for current tournaments taking place throughout the U.S.
Posted on July 20th, 2007 at 1:54 pm in News, World Tour 2007

RAWR its Luigi

Smash Journeyman

Who is who from the last MGC tournament? I only met Fire and it sounds like he is friends with some of yall. tac0 ive seens from MINESpace.

Whoever plays Yoshi best not use pink cause I'll battle for the yeller boots.

Hope to play yall soon, more the merrier.

Blue: I'm singing a love song at you. At, but not for you. I know you dig.

MGC Gamer:

runningbrave/rage: when i see you later this morning remind me to practice some Gdorf so i can get on some of this ditto action.

Who here can say they have 3 kitties and 1 biggun meow meow in bed with them?
It's no wonder i'm such a terrible force for destruction.
Don't question it

u saw me at mgc and at lets do a barrel row
i was the guy with short red hair i think i asked u why ur gf lost her first match
and rok sry no flame intented but ur *** is grass :]
f4l it would b fun fighting u sometime
and brave name the place and we will do 2 u wat mew2king does 2 well everyone PWN

findherizon

Smash Rookie
There might be a VERY SLIGHT possibility for us to use my place by this saturday, but I won't know until friday, which is very late notice. IF not this week, however, I can host it the week after.

headshot kid

Smash Rookie
i meet u at do a barrel roll 3 a while back

me an u teamed against some guyz on the game smashboard

hope to play u soon, and dont worry i use green yoshi

yeah poot i was one of the guys on ur team also when we played smashboard

i have been wanting to play that again and i also requested u as a friend on myspace..:chuckle:

Icephoenix231

Smash Cadet
I talked to my boss.

He says if we wanna rent out his space, he wants $500..which is nothing if we were to charge some kinda entry fee... It's a bit steep since it woudl be on one of his big saturday nights. If we were to do a weeknight, sometime during some holiday we all have (December or near thanksgiving...or something.), he says the price would drop a ton.

Maybe I can talk him into a deal where he sets the admission, and takes a percentage...

But he's talking that he would like to make this big...he has a hookup with Rent-a-Center, and wants to rent a ****load of TV's and games and whatnot...though that woudl make the price a bit more expensive.

Anyone still interested?

Plus, I'd host a smashfest...but I will be living in a dorm very soon, haha. Hell, fitting 4 people in there would be tough.

Anyone still interested hosting a huge tourney later this year? I'm really interested in doing this... (And I used to do booking/planning **** for a living... so natutally I'm all over this :p)

Again, the website is www.rocksteadylive.com

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Icephoenix, I would like to visit the space. Catch me on AIM (ScavMF).

Edit: PMs work too.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
For all of those who see this post and want to smash today (Wednesday), practice or play for fun, I'm hosting something spur of the moment at my place on UTD campus apartments.

Call me: 361-676-2223 and I can give you better directions to my specific apt #1635. Use google maps for: 2200 waterview pkwy richardson, tx 75080

- UTD Zac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom