• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
hylian 2/3 random stage pick is good

also tell me who's going to be at san antonio, i heard cort and mango are going.. is this true, i don't want to filter through your numerous posts

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
whats the bbc? can i know? or will u sting me fire?
yes, i will sting you.

Thread is buckwild.
All deez ferners inrr thread.
Fire you know there is love. I must counter your point by making it known that you are the only active mario main in Dallas. By your reasoning If I decided to main pichu I would be the best pichu in Dallas.

technically yes, you would be the best pichu main. But nobody's mario is better than mine around here, main or not.

is it too much to let me own a low tier character?? seriously theres no reason for you guys to argue my point, you dont even play mario regularly or like playing him lol

what must i do to prove myself?? :confused:

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Scav (not retired, just doesn't play more than like once a month), Wobbles, Drew, KirbyKid, Booya. That's a list of people whom I know for sure have better Marios. Can you really beat Poot's?

Felix, don't button mash.

Is anyone from Dallas going to the Fort Worth thing? I'll go if I don't have to drive. What are the odds someone would actually want to take me...?

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Scav (not retired, just doesn't play more than like once a month), Wobbles, Drew, KirbyKid, Booya. That's a list of people whom I know for sure have better Marios. Can you really beat Poot's?
yes i have beaten poots mario on several occasions, and i beat kirbykid's mario at the first mgc, the other's i have no idea about, but wobbles is most likely better than me. i will admit that scav is better, and yes, he is retired until brawl. once a month isn't really considered competetive play.

i'm sure those people dont care if i think my mario is better than theirs (excluding scav), why does anyone else care??

let them state whether or not they think their mario is better or if they even have any interest in the subject.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hylian 2/3 random stage pick is good

also tell me who's going to be at san antonio, i heard cort and mango are going.. is this true, i don't want to filter through your numerous posts
They said they will probably go. Just look at the tournament thread...you don't need other people to tell you...it's in the first post.

Also, 2/3 for $20? Why not 3/5?

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Hey Felix, do we Lubbock people have a crew, as of this moment? Despite all that garbage I said before Thanksgiving, I want to do at least one crew battle before Melee dies.

If so, you or somebody else choose the name, it seems I'm very bad at...naming.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I'm almost positive I won the last time I played mario against you. Thursday we will silence this discussion by having Fire/Rage/poot play three other people. For each of our opponents the order of play will be different. Best stock record will be decide the better mario. It bothers me cause no one believes your mario is best in Dallas. It's far worse than when Rok thought he was best roy around.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
this is ridiculous, im not not gonna do a mini challanege with your marios, if it matters so much then i wont say im the best in dallas.

i dont ever want to be compared to rok and his intolerable rants, im not the best in dallas, but you didnt win last time we did marios, i remember clearly it was on FoD and i won with one stock and like 90 dmg or something.

but anyways, are all the same people from last week coming to FUEGO THURSDAY?

lets get a show of hands.

felix45

Smash Lord
@hylian/cal - you sure fox can recover from uthrow fast enough without pushing any buttons? do you have to DI a certain way? I always thought you had to just mash out of fall animation then do an attack but I just watched some vids and now I'm starting to think that if you just DI a certain way then shine you can get out without mashing buttons.

I thought this at first because I remember watching wes vs sos and I thought that was what wes was doing but I guess not I dunno now.

@adam - yeah we are going to have a crew battle vs rok.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Oh are we still doing that? lol. Why did DoH propose his thingy not at his house like it always is? I fear not having little pizza rolls and other delicious things...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
@hylian/cal - you sure fox can recover from uthrow fast enough without pushing any buttons? do you have to DI a certain way? I always thought you had to just mash out of fall animation then do an attack but I just watched some vids and now I'm starting to think that if you just DI a certain way then shine you can get out without mashing buttons.

I thought this at first because I remember watching wes vs sos and I thought that was what wes was doing but I guess not I dunno now.

@adam - yeah we are going to have a crew battle vs rok.
Well, from 0-27% Marth can uthrow chaingrab you no matter what unless he messes up.

At 27% if marth trys to grab fox, fox can just not DI and shine and it will hit marth.

So marth usually utilts at 27%. DI the utilt and you might be able to tech away.

Marth might grab you again, in which case he will uthrow, uair, tipper for a kill.

Nothing fox can do.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Well, from 0-27% Marth can uthrow chaingrab you no matter what unless he messes up.

At 27% if marth trys to grab fox, fox can just not DI and shine and it will hit marth.

So marth usually utilts at 27%. DI the utilt and you might be able to tech away.

Marth might grab you again, in which case he will uthrow, uair, tipper for a kill.

Nothing fox can do.
Hang on; 27 +10-13 for U-tilt + 4 for U-throw +10-13 for U-air + 20 for tipper adds up to 71-77 damage. I'm almost dead sure you can DI the tipper itself, resulting in knockback that's about 50 degrees from horizontal, thus allowing Fox an attempt to recover. (computers survive tippers around 100% doing this, IIRC.)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hang on; 27 +10-13 for U-tilt + 4 for U-throw +10-13 for U-air + 20 for tipper adds up to 71-77 damage. I'm almost dead sure you can DI the tipper itself, resulting in knockback that's about 50 degrees from horizontal, thus allowing Fox an attempt to recover. (computers survive tippers around 100% doing this, IIRC.)
Watch M2K play PC at evo.

Also, even if they DI...just edgeguard lmao.

Xzile the Tainted

Smash Cadet
I'm almost positive I won the last time I played mario against you. Thursday we will silence this discussion by having Fire/Rage/poot play three other people. For each of our opponents the order of play will be different. Best stock record will be decide the better mario. It bothers me cause no one believes your mario is best in Dallas. It's far worse than when Rok thought he was best roy around.
I AM the best Roy around here in Dallas, seriously. I AM THE BEST ROY in Dallas. Xzile Baby, All day, All day.

this is ridiculous, im not not gonna do a mini challanege with your marios, if it matters so much then i wont say im the best in dallas.

i dont ever want to be compared to rok and his intolerable rants, im not the best in dallas, but you didnt win last time we did marios, i remember clearly it was on FoD and i won with one stock and like 90 dmg or something.

but anyways, are all the same people from last week coming to FUEGO THURSDAY?

lets get a show of hands.
Don't wanna be compared to me? I can see why, people might think you're actually GOOD.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I AM the best Roy around here in Dallas, seriously. I AM THE BEST ROY in Dallas. Xzile Baby, All day, All day.

Don't wanna be compared to me? I can see why, people might think you're actually GOOD.
>_> RoK, Roy ditto MM? XD

I suck remember?

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Watch M2K play PC at evo.

Also, even if they DI...just edgeguard lmao.
Point taken, though I did say "attempt" to recover. I think the combo video "Real Kings Wear Tiaras" that I saw earlier today had exactly what you're talking about somewhere in it.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Point taken, though I did say "attempt" to recover. I think the combo video "Real Kings Wear Tiaras" that I saw earlier today had exactly what you're talking about somewhere in it.
Yeah it does.

And the one point where pc can break out, M2K hits him on the ground with a nuetral A to make him do his getup animation so he can grab again.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Hey Fire, if I brought 2 people from UTD I just discovered who are surprisingly good to your thing tomorrow, would it be too crowded?

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
My birthday is Saturday...it had to be said.

Are people really arguing about Mario.....lol.

thank you.

we've already been over this x.

i'd rather not have to do this all over again.

Hey Fire, if I brought 2 people from UTD I just discovered who are surprisingly good to your thing tomorrow, would it be too crowded?

yeah of course you can bring them, there's an extra room that we didnt use last time.

still waiting on that head count guys.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Man, I'm back to RagnaRoK the Reaper, screw it. He said I had to change my name, but he didn't say for how LONG. Owned =/. Anyways, I may pop up to this.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Man, I'm back to RagnaRoK the Reaper, screw it. He said I had to change my name, but he didn't say for how LONG. Owned =/. Anyways, I may pop up to this.
Wow...I don't even know what to say to this....

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Not much I can do. Wanna know what happened when I tried to log into Xzile the Tainted?

You have been banned due to infractions.

Date the ban will be lifted: NEVER. Real story. I can take a screen shot for those of you who need proof.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I banned it after you posted with your RagnaRoKnTexas stating that you were "back" as that account.

So I banned Xzile for being an alternate account. Pretty simple really...

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
lmfao i know what you could say, hyian: hey rok, i am not a part of the dallas smash community, so what you say doesnt concern me.

Proof enough?
good adobeshop skillz g-dog. hey let me guess what happened this time rok, rok: rage i know you would pwn my *** today so i figured id stay home and watch smallvile

rage: smallville, rok when did you become a vajina

ps. i saved a baby today

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Rage, you're *******. That's what it ACTUALLY. Says. Also, I didn't come today because I had no way to get from the DownTown Garland Station to Fire's House and back; I'm not going to risk getting stuck out there. Rawr was busy today, so F*** that.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
hey rok, i am not a part of the dallas smash community, so what you say doesnt concern me.

jk yall suck
Better be training, we still have that $5 Fight money match. Soon as we meet up, better be prepared chump. Knuckle up. Anyways, we also need to make rules, I say this.

A Panelist of 3 judges will be there.

Bare fist, anything goes except for something that would cause critical injuries which would require hospital treatment (Such as kicking in someone's knee, karate chop to the threat to crush the trechea, Knee to the nutsack, **** like that).

I say 3 rounds; Keeping with the best 2/3 scenario. Or if someone quits, or goes down 3 times in one round. Rounds will consist of 3 minute time limits. with 30 second breaks inbetween rounds. If no one gives up or is knocked down 3 times in one round (TKO) or knocked out (KO) Winner will be chosen from the three judges.

Judges will score on 3 things.

#1 - Punches connected.

#2 - "OH!!!!!" moments, basically. The **** that makes the crowd go "Oh". Basically, good hits.

#3 - Overall performance taking everything else unspoken of into account.

NOTE : I need a ride to this thing Friday if anyone is going.. maybe.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
Rage, you're *******. That's what it ACTUALLY.
can smoeone dcephir tihs inst it azinmag taht yuor biarn can raed tihs. not the previous message but roks..... can you write with num63r5?

japanese accent*

you have power, big power. it will only get stronger in the future

special note: one time i got a fortune cookie that said thank you for eating here.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lmfao i know what you could say, hyian: hey rok, i am not a part of the dallas smash community, so what you say doesnt concern me.

good adobeshop skillz g-dog. hey let me guess what happened this time rok, rok: rage i know you would pwn my *** today so i figured id stay home and watch smallvile

rage: smallville, rok when did you become a vajina

ps. i saved a baby today
The reason he changed his name was because someone from Florida had the same name and name matched him. And Rok lost. I don't need to be a member of the Dallas smash community to point out the fact that it's messed up that he changed his name back.

Not that it's any of my business, I was just pointing out that I thought it was messed up. So your clever remark was not so clever, and in fact stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom