• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
don't worry hylian ill make sure to embarass you with a variety of char. after we finish our set. this will all be recorded. ill see about going to san antonio. and no it won't be epic i am just going to pwn him. i don't see why coming to dallas should be a problem, you pretty much came for no reason last time to a small local tournament. haha

Buh

Smash Apprentice
hylian sucks. shut up and mm samus ditto. bring your friend and ask him if he 4 stocked me or if i came back three lives and barely lost both times after getting fox gimped by marth over and over. it's my fault for not switching chars when one's not working. but it won't happen again and ill advise you to reconsider the assumption that i suck. you will suffer for saying i am not who i say i am. boomstick sends his regards.

where are my mario vids. best mario in dallas = rage. compliments to fire who's mario is almost the best mario in dallas haha j/k

my new controller kicks possibly more *** than i do. commence pwnage.

BBC

ok rok quit texting my phone.]
I'm going to go out on a whim here:

Hylian is, by general consensus, better than I am. I beat you in tournament (2-0), making me, I think, better than you. Hylian > Me > You.

Sorry, I know the "smash math" is overdone, and every SSB:M player thinks he's incredibly clever for using the term (despite transitive property of inequality being used for non mathematical things a lot on just about every message board, ever, long before "smash math"). But, seriously, all I did was back throw you by the ledge and you'd jump into my forward smash. Every. Single. Time.

I can't gimp kill Hylian's Fox. I have to like, try, and stuff. It sucks.

lol to losing to me in tournament. That just makes you exceptionally horrible. At least that makes you exceptional at something, right?

kidrob0t

Smash Cadet
uh oh some smash drama lol

to milskshake33: i dont spray paint controllers thats ugly no matter what. but if you want to pay me to do it who am i to argue...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm going to go out on a whim here:

Hylian is, by general consensus, better than I am. I beat you in tournament (2-0), making me, I think, better than you. Hylian > Me > You.

Sorry, I know the "smash math" is overdone, and every SSB:M player thinks he's incredibly clever for using the term (despite transitive property of inequality being used for non mathematical things a lot on just about every message board, ever, long before "smash math"). But, seriously, all I did was back throw you by the ledge and you'd jump into my forward smash. Every. Single. Time.

I can't gimp kill Hylian's Fox. I have to like, try, and stuff. It sucks.

lol to losing to me in tournament. That just makes you exceptionally horrible. At least that makes you exceptional at something, right?
This post is full of win.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Getting sigs from a second hand source I see.

err um, i mean the best, fuego is right, kid robot pwn's at everything.
secondhand??

you mean the best, kid robot made my sig and did an amazing job, with way more attention to detail than rok or anyone else i've seen, the letters are even the colors and style of super mario galaxy :-)

simply put, if anyone in dallas wants any kind of customization of controllers, or a custom sig, kid robot is the man. period.

BBC

chico roboto ftw!!

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
...When I finally play at a tournament in Dallas, am I automatically going to get involved in somebody's flame war? The idea doesn't seem appealing.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
...When I finally play at a tournament in Dallas, am I automatically going to get involved in somebody's flame war? The idea doesn't seem appealing.
you dont even have to play in a tourney to get flamed around here.

Vitamin X sucks!!

lol jk jk

it's not that bad to play in a dallas tourney, it just depends on who you play against.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Most people are pretty nice actually. Don't worry.

felix45

Smash Lord
lol @ last few pages

also hylian you should come up whenever college gets out in like 2 weeks. DoH will probably have his tourney thingy. assuming he has it. oh and also also I'm not sure you remembered me but we played in friendlies and your friend kept telling me I was wrong about everything. and I main fox only (but recently have been trying to pick up shiek, watch out samus! :p)

but yeah hopefully you can come up if there is a tourney or something in a few weeks.....

EH? DoH? Tourney?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol @ last few pages

also hylian you should come up whenever college gets out in like 2 weeks. DoH will probably have his tourney thingy. assuming he has it. oh and also also I'm not sure you remembered me but we played in friendlies and your friend kept telling me I was wrong about everything. and I main fox only (but recently have been trying to pick up shiek, watch out samus! :p)

but yeah hopefully you can come up if there is a tourney or something in a few weeks.....

EH? DoH? Tourney?
I remember you. My friend tells everyone they are wrong about everything, don't worry XD.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
scav is retired, until brawl that is
and theres only like 2 other marios in dallas, neither of which compare to mine.
Scav is like the final boss. In order to even SEE him you must defeat his minions, or catch him in the act of doing something evil. Either way I'm sure Rage/my mario can beat more people than yours. Challenge! Player priority ftw

Buh

Smash Apprentice
lol @ last few pages

EH? DoH? Tourney?
You're wrong about everything if you think Fire Fox is the right way to try get out of Marth's chain grab.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
secondhand??

you mean the best, kid robot made my sig and did an amazing job, with way more attention to detail than rok or anyone else i've seen, the letters are even the colors and style of super mario galaxy :-)

simply put, if anyone in dallas wants any kind of customization of controllers, or a custom sig, kid robot is the man. period.

BBC

chico roboto ftw!!
maaaaannnnn **** that sig.lol j/k dawg that sig is ****in too real. BBC! and kid I got yo money so quite texting my phone dammit.lol

felix45

Smash Lord
You're wrong about everything if you think Fire Fox is the right way to try get out of Marth's chain grab.
it isn't the best way but it works on occasion.

trust me if I didn't have to randomly mash every button I could to get out of chain grab but instead could just shine I would. any time I fire fox it isn't intentional. some times I get out by jumping and doing an arial, it all just depends on what I'm mashing when I recover from falling and before I'm grabbed.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Scav is like the final boss. In order to even SEE him you must defeat his minions, or catch him in the act of doing something evil. Either way I'm sure Rage/my mario can beat more people than yours. Challenge! Player priority ftw

i stand by my statement, because im referring to mario mains, not these mudblood mario users.

and how could we prove this??

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
buh's post was full of stupid.a>b>c, a>c . lmfao you sure do say a lot of nothing buh, what is the absolute value of each of our player skills... come with your friend so i can pwn you on tape too.
let's do some buh math here BUH + HYIAN = SUPER-CLOWN.

how bout a mario tournament, we can do pools of all serious mario players against every player in dallas. our records should indicate who is the best. ignore previous suggestion. fire pwns! but youre after poot my friend.

kidrobot, can you make me a sig kind of like fire's, minus the gay?

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
awaits decimation and petty response, you all should ride together in hylian's lame-mobile. tgm and buh should get together and develop a texas point system. i bet tgm sucks for 10 dollars, and same to buh. im going to samus pwn everyone, or mario. i don't even play samus. mm.

RAWR its Luigi

Smash Journeyman
rage u got this

ur amazing when u try 2 play smarter and dont sandbag

ur really fast

but at times u can just get sheild grabed alot like buh did 2 you

he played rok and lost his marth vs roks roy

and roy sucks against marth thus

he sucks
so stfu about talking about whose better rage owns at this game
if hes not high or just playing around
i saw him 4 stock bluezaft

WHICH MADE ME CRY
cause hes amazing so rage is one of best in dallas for sure when he plays smart and doesnt just run at them and get grabed like ive seen a few times

rage:play this smart and you will be a much richer man :)

Buh

Smash Apprentice
it isn't the best way but it works on occasion.

trust me if I didn't have to randomly mash every button I could to get out of chain grab but instead could just shine I would. any time I fire fox it isn't intentional. some times I get out by jumping and doing an arial, it all just depends on what I'm mashing when I recover from falling and before I'm grabbed.
Why are you randomly mashing buttons? I think correct DI is a little more important than getting out of a grab a little early.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Why are you randomly mashing buttons? I think correct DI is a little more important than getting out of a grab a little early.
If you don't know which way you're going to DI, neither can your opponent. And that's important when your only chance of escape lies in the opponent messing up. That grab can go 0-death if you don't get out of it.

Buh

Smash Apprentice
awaits decimation and petty response, you all should ride together in hylian's lame-mobile. tgm and buh should get together and develop a texas point system. i bet tgm sucks for 10 dollars, and same to buh. im going to samus pwn everyone, or mario. i don't even play samus. mm.
First of all, I admit that I suck. Hell, I'm ****ing horrible at this game! Stop assuming I think I'm good at this game.

buh's post was full of stupid.a>b>c, a>c . lmfao you sure do say a lot of nothing buh, what is the absolute value of each of our player skills... come with your friend so i can pwn you on tape too.
let's do some buh math here BUH + HYIAN = SUPER-CLOWN.

how bout a mario tournament, we can do pools of all serious mario players against every player in dallas. our records should indicate who is the best. ignore previous suggestion. fire pwns! but youre after poot my friend.
I say a lot of nothing? At least I know to end a question with a question mark (note, "?" is a question mark, not "..."). I can also spell "Hylian." I pointed out, in my own post that "smash math" is stupid, yet you overreact to my use of it, as if I'm not being facetious.

And what the hell is "the absolute value of each of our player skills?" Did you think using a mathematical term such as "absolute value" would suddenly make your post coherent?

Tell you what, if you don't lose to Hylian, I'll almost immediately admit that you're better than I am (unless he's playing like ****, which he does whenever he gets nervous). If Hylian beats you, I'll money match you for like, $0.25. I'm broke, and I suck at this game, so I won't money match you for more. Just think of it this way:

Beat me three out of five, you get $0.25, which you can put towards getting yourself some grammar lessons. Lose three out of five to me, I can buy a gumball, and I make back the quarter I lost to DoH.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Marth doesn't need to predict Fox's DI when chaining. DI *slightly* behind Marth. At 20-25% it's too hard to pivot it, so you'll just get up-tilted and be home free if you DI that right. After 25, um, have fun. Try not to get tippered.

Buh

Smash Apprentice
If you don't know which way you're going to DI, neither can your opponent. And that's important when your only chance of escape lies in the opponent messing up. That grab can go 0-death if you don't get out of it.
I realize that, but not knowing which way you're going to DI, and accidentally Fire-Foxing is, in my opinion, a significantly worse thing to do, than to know which way you're going to DI.

Buh

Smash Apprentice
he played rok and lost his marth vs roks roy

and roy sucks against marth thus

he sucks
so stfu about talking about whose better rage owns at this game
Who the hell is rok? Is he that guy that thinks Roy is a good character? I'm pretty sure he beat me once or twice, and I beat him once or twice, and I've never once said that I was any good. Why the hell are you ragging on me?

Who cares if rok beat me a few times in friendlies anyway?

felix45

Smash Lord
Marth doesn't need to predict Fox's DI when chaining.
this is why I button mash. if it was a matter of prediction I would DI marth's chain grab. this isn't like tech chasing for marth, this isn't predicting where I will go. pretty much the chain grab is guaranteed if the marth is good at chain grabbing.
the grab is done on reaction, not prediction.

kidrob0t

Smash Cadet
Its a videogame, why can't we just have fun!?
and Rage: i'll make you a sig so you can start repping the BBC properly, send me a pm with some preferences.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
i second your notion kidrobot

TGM: huh? you've never even seen me play.

RAGE: my sigs not gay, it's just not bloody murder. and that mario tourney would consist of like 4 marios lol i'll pass, but check your pm's when you see this.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So rage, we are doing 3/5 mlg rules right?

Buh

Smash Apprentice
this is why I button mash. if it was a matter of prediction I would DI marth's chain grab. this isn't like tech chasing for marth, this isn't predicting where I will go. pretty much the chain grab is guaranteed if the marth is good at chain grabbing.
the grab is done on reaction, not prediction.
But if, while you're in the air, you shined, that would also work, and you wouldn't really get punished for it.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Thread is buckwild.
All deez ferners inrr thread.
Fire you know there is love. I must counter your point by making it known that you are the only active mario main in Dallas. By your reasoning If I decided to main pichu I would be the best pichu in Dallas.

felix45

Smash Lord
But if, while you're in the air, you shined, that would also work, and you wouldn't really get punished for it.
T_T

in order to shine you have to button mash/rotate control stick fast. once you recover in the air you then do the shine. I cant rotate fast enough to stop at the end and hold down, I can only do whatever my fingers are mashing at the time. it just so happened the time you watched me that I did firefox.

I said earlier if I could have the control to shine while in the air I would.....

whats the bbc?
british broadcasting company

DUHHH EVERYONE KNOWS THATTT
lol I'm just kidding I doubt they call their crew thingy the british broadcasting company...lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
T_T

in order to shine you have to button mash/rotate control stick fast. once you recover in the air you then do the shine. I cant rotate fast enough to stop at the end and hold down, I can only do whatever my fingers are mashing at the time. it just so happened the time you watched me that I did firefox.

I said earlier if I could have the control to shine while in the air I would.....

british broadcasting company

DUHHH EVERYONE KNOWS THATTT
lol I'm just kidding I doubt they call their crew thingy the british broadcasting company...lol

Uhh...you are wrong. You can do an attack out of a tumble..you don't need to recover.

So what your saying makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom