• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Hawk

Smash Rookie
Little Hawk & runningbrave Host Dallas
September 22, 2007
Results:

1v1

1. Bluezaft
2. DoH
3. UTD Zac
4. Rage
5. Booya
5. Geo
7. pootTheBox
7. Scav
9. Little Hawk
9. leapinghare
9. Wild Boris
9. miekniek
13. runningbrave
13. Break
13. Taco
13. milkshake33
17. Fire!
17. Gold
17. Hatan
17. The Kid
17. Greg
17. I Suck
17. Ed
17. Joseph

2v2

1. BlueTD (Bluezaft & UTD Zac)
2. Team Khronic (pootTheBox & Rage)
3. The House (Booya & Wild Boris)

Me and Jared are working on getting vids up but we will post shoutouts later.
Thanks for coming everyone!

Bluezaft: can you post this on the front page?

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
fun tourney, thank you brave and little hawk for hosting.

brave: i left my copy of smash there remind me to get it sometime.

and no offense rok, but geo would hurt your feelings.

someone post the entire rankings...
You think Geo would hurt my feelings Rage, don't under-estimate me. You've never badly beaten me on a consecutively occassion, and even if you Have beat me more, you have never been able to flat out pwn me like Blue , DoH, or Wobbles have, So keep that in mind I'm not far from you.

**** i was gonna go but today was packed wit other more important ****.
RoK can u come over again sometime. my sis is gone and i don't have a way to your house. i need more marth practice
Yeah, I can. Just let me know when I can come over again, if so; maybe tomorrow or some other time during this week or saturday or something. I need more practice, and My skill has greatly improved, need to test it out against ya.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Brave 'n Hawk: Thanks again for the great tournament. Hawk, you're a frikkin prodigy, no one your age or younger in Texas can beat you. Heck, maybe America for all I know.

Zac: Pika! Pika Pikachuuuuu! Why you gots to throw DoH up into bombs, that's not nice.

Break: for some reason I didn’t play your Fox, but I must say watching it kind of scared me a little on the inside

Boris ‘n Booya: ahhhh it’s been too long since I’ve seen you guys.

Geo: Your spacies give me a harder time than anyone else's in Dallas. Welcome to Texas!

Rage: Nice job yesterday, I saw that amazing Ken Combo with Falcon against Booya. Those vids are online now too.

Mike named Miekniek eating Mike 'n Ikes: Good show, I'm surprised how got you are without really being a part of the tournament scene.

DoH: from now on you must address me only as The Grandest Peach. And from now on Dair => Down smash will be called The TGP Combo because I invented it and it's great.

Scav: Chuuu, Pika Pika!

Now for a little Q&A

Q: On a scale from 1 to 10, just how fantastic are you?
A: Really fantastic. Like, you have no idea.

Q: Did you kill UTD Zac with Sheik's uptilt in tournament?
A: Oh yeah

Q: So now that you've just thoroughly pwned all of Dallas, what are you gonna do!?
A: I'm gonna make a SANDWICH! Woo!
Q: Woo!

Q: Drew, Chang, and Wobbles are going to **** you when they get back from school to make up for lost time, aren't they?
A: Right through the pants

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
You think Geo would hurt my feelings Rage, don't under-estimate me. You've never badly beaten me on a consecutively occassion, and even if you Have beat me more, you have never been able to flat out pwn me like Blue , DoH, or Wobbles have, So keep that in mind I'm not far from you.
rok, im not making fun of you but just speaking truth. in all seriousness, you would have placed 13 or lower had you gone to this tourney.

also, tourney vids! - check it - http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=117887

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Tournament in Arlington this weekend: http://www.g-kon.com/

I know nothing about it really. According to the site it will take place Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Pretty unlikely, but I've got no other info.

Who wants to MM at Wii Bowling (besides Zac)?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I'm in charge of running the Smash event at Gkon. Here is a schedule of events so far:

Friday, Sept. 28th:
Gears of War
2:00pm - G-Kon starts, GoW pre-reg
3:00pm start, duration of 3pm -10pm.
Held at the right area.

Saturday Sept 29th
Halo 3
10am pre-reg
12pm start, duration of 12pm-10pm, hardcore tourney TBD
Held at the right area.

DID 3
11am pre-reg
1pm start, duration of 1pm-9pm
Held at the left area

Sunday, Sept. 30th

Tekken 5
9am pre-reg
10am start, duration of 10am-3pm
Held at the right area

Super Smash Brothers: Melee
9am pre-reg
Held at the left area

So, Smash in on Sunday. It will be a $5 entry fee, in addition to the entry fee for the con itself.

runningbrave9

Smash Cadet
bluezaft: good job as always...

geo: we had some good matches. thanks for showing. your a cool guy. cant wait to play you again!

utd zac: fun matches man. good G&W. i need to play you more. good prac for me.

DoH: thanks for driving all this way. only played you once. enough for me to know youre amazing.

Scav: your mario is amazing. i know my lil bro had a blast teaming with you. we had a good set as well that ended with your up-B KO lol. good times. ill let you know when we play again.

break: we kinda sucked in teams. oh well. always fun playing you.

boris: good matches. you and booya should come to more stuff!

booya: amazing ganon. wow. thanks for showing.

fire and bro: always fun playing you guys and your improving fast. keep it up.

milkshake: we teamed for one match and won! yeah.

james and jeff: the usual. lets play soon. jeff use falcon ******...

Gigi: THANK YOU so much for the CUPCAKES! yum obviously. good seeing you again!

taco, miekniek, joseph, greg, i suck, gold, hatan, the kid, rawr, everyone: thanks for the coming. the turnout was much more than i expected. thanks to all who brought setups as well!

BTW LEAPINGHARE JV 5 STOCKED one of the new guys... LOL just thought id throw that out there...

Here are the vids.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=117887

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
mapquest is goffing on the directions, it says that the area where gkon is gonna be held doesnt exist lol

somebody help please??

does anyone just know how to get there?

tac0

Smash Journeyman
does anyone just know how to get there?
On the website there is a link to where it already has it on the map.
You just put your starting location(your address) in and shazaam,you have directions to g-kon

EDIT:If you meant that the link wasn't working then it's working fine now.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
bluezaft: good job as always...

geo: we had some good matches. thanks for showing. your a cool guy. cant wait to play you again!

utd zac: fun matches man. good G&W. i need to play you more. good prac for me.

DoH: thanks for driving all this way. only played you once. enough for me to know youre amazing.

Scav: your mario is amazing. i know my lil bro had a blast teaming with you. we had a good set as well that ended with your up-B KO lol. good times. ill let you know when we play again.

break: we kinda sucked in teams. oh well. always fun playing you.

boris: good matches. you and booya should come to more stuff!

booya: amazing ganon. wow. thanks for showing.

fire and bro: always fun playing you guys and your improving fast. keep it up.

milkshake: we teamed for one match and won! yeah.

james and jeff: the usual. lets play soon. jeff use falcon ******...

Gigi: THANK YOU so much for the CUPCAKES! yum obviously. good seeing you again!

taco, miekniek, joseph, greg, i suck, gold, hatan, the kid, rawr, everyone: thanks for the coming. the turnout was much more than i expected. thanks to all who brought setups as well!

BTW LEAPINGHARE JV 5 STOCKED one of the new guys... LOL just thought id throw that out there...

Here are the vids.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=117887

hey man best tournament ever I wish I could of been there earlier to join the it though

scav. your mario is crucial it was fun playin u we have some more real soon
same wit u geo we have to play agian soon.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Yeah, so there's a tournament sunday. Maybe someone have a smashfest friday or saturday for practice?

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
lmfao, fire i just got your text joke

and if anyone wants to battle im itchin to play... after 4

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Alright guys, somewhat bad news.

One of the guys providing Gkon's tvs bailed yesterday. Luckily, we're the Smash community. Lets see those muscles! Yeah, baby, flex those tv-bringing gamecube-toting wii-stroking (wait a second) powers!

I'm shooting for 6 tvs. You only need to bring it on Sunday, of course. Are you a bad enough dude?

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Alright guys, somewhat bad news.

One of the guys providing Gkon's tvs bailed yesterday. Luckily, we're the Smash community. Lets see those muscles! Yeah, baby, flex those tv-bringing gamecube-toting wii-stroking (wait a second) powers!

I'm shooting for 6 tvs. You only need to bring it on Sunday, of course. Are you a bad enough dude?
Well I'm pumped. I'll bring a setup. By the way, what are the prizes for this thing?

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
To ALL!:: Hold like a $1 Tournament Saturday, or a Smashfest Saturday; I won't bge able to make this because I have work 7am-12:30 pm, so I won't be able to make it by the time the tournament starts. I want to play, so someone should hold something saturday to be sure that me and my Awesome Sauce can be seen aiight? AIIGHT.

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
I'm in charge of running the Smash event at Gkon. Here is a schedule of events so far:

Friday, Sept. 28th:
Gears of War
2:00pm - G-Kon starts, GoW pre-reg
3:00pm start, duration of 3pm -10pm.
Held at the right area.

Saturday Sept 29th
Halo 3
10am pre-reg
12pm start, duration of 12pm-10pm, hardcore tourney TBD
Held at the right area.

DID 3
11am pre-reg
1pm start, duration of 1pm-9pm
Held at the left area

Sunday, Sept. 30th

Tekken 5
9am pre-reg
Held at the right area

Super Smash Brothers: Melee
9am pre-reg
Held at the left area

So, Smash in on Sunday. It will be a $5 entry fee, in addition to the entry fee for the con itself.
Dude, WTH, it took you waaaaay took long to post this info. I mean the g-kon site itself has been advertising 1 smash tourney per day for the longest time. Why in the world has it been limited to just Sunday? A day when some of the people are heading back home anyway!

redcar

Smash Rookie
17. Joseph
Do you see this bluezaft and utd zac? This is me registering for Smashboards just so I can cry about getting DEAD FREAKING LAST. I told you I should have used Kirby! He would have counterbalanced the massive bad luck I had going on that day T_T

Yeah, I had a great time. Next time I really will get you with that super wavedash to fsmash, MARK MY WORDS! Also, you wouldn't happen to have recorded matches on the big TV shortly after noon would you? I would dreadfully love to have the match of me beating someone's Marth with my Pichu, just so I can sit around watching it and laughing in my spare time~

redcar

Smash Rookie
Was redcar the low tier fan boy? o_O?
Yes. Yes I was. Everything else is boooring~ Except for my main Samus, in whose case you can spice things up with super wavedash and other funny things (ask runningbrave about that). I was a bit too rusty as her to make progress this tournament though, and when you add in a bout of ferocious bad luck with getting her to jump when I pushed the button it spells last place. I should have used Kirby or Zelda ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom