• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I don't owe you a god **** thing. And if I had money I'd go to touranments. But I guess you didn't think of that. Smart man. Smart.
No, I didn't think of that and I don't care either. The only thing that crossed my mind before I posted was that you agreed to a money match nearly 2 months ago and have yet to man up to it. If you don't have money then either get a job or win a tournament with the skills you claim to have but haven't backed up yet with any results.

Yes, you do owe me something. You owe me your word. How can anyone take you seriously when you agree to something and never follow up on what you say? I even told you I would come to you. It's time for you to swallow your pride and your ego and do what you said you would do.

And the only reason I'm repeatedly hounding you like this is because you insulted me. You say I have no talent and yet you outright refuse to try and prove that. To be completely honest I couldn't care less about how much you brag and how great you say you are; you just made me mad by insulting me and I will hold you to your word.

Also on a related note: Felix and BigFoot, are you two still interested in money matches? If not then it's no big deal, you guys are both cool in my book.

Wilma! You've got to get good at this game man, then we can team up and be Team Shotokan. :p

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
First off, you insulted me before I even knew you existed. You started this against me. Next, I believe I did agree to a money match; we never stated when we would have it. Every money match I have ever agreed to I have kept, and If I have no money you wil lnot get it. Therefore, you do not get one Until I have the monies to do so.

Also, every single person that plays with Metaknight I do not respect their playing style. Metaknight is by far the cheapest character in this game. His moves are multiple hits. It's hard to escape his B moves (Needle thing has to be blocked most of the time, Tornado is **** near inescapable, and his shuttle loop's hitback is ridiculous) his down smash is also ridiculous. His running grab is too fast, he can glide twice among other things. I just don't see him as a character that requires skill.

So, just think about this. I don't talk to you at all on these boards, yet you feel the need to talk to me every time I make a post. Before you think who is insulting who. Go with that. :O

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
First off, you insulted me before I even knew you existed. You started this against me. Next, I believe I did agree to a money match; we never stated when we would have it. Every money match I have ever agreed to I have kept, and If I have no money you wil lnot get it. Therefore, you do not get one Until I have the monies to do so.

Also, every single person that plays with Metaknight I do not respect their playing style. Metaknight is by far the cheapest character in this game. His moves are multiple hits. It's hard to escape his B moves (Needle thing has to be blocked most of the time, Tornado is **** near inescapable, and his shuttle loop's hitback is ridiculous) his down smash is also ridiculous. His running grab is too fast, he can glide twice among other things. I just don't see him as a character that requires skill.

So, just think about this. I don't talk to you at all on these boards, yet you feel the need to talk to me every time I make a post. Before you think who is insulting who. Go with that. :O
When did I insult you? What did I call you and what did I say about you "before you knew I existed?" I didn't know you until you posted on here saying you would "add a few losses" to me online when I said that Slacker was the only one with a winning record against me online. That was the first time I had ever even heard of you, how could I insult you before that?

On the other hand you went out of your way to broadcast that my character "takes no skill" immediately after you lost to me, soundly I might add. If my character took no skill then bwett wouldn't have beaten me 3 times in a row the other night, then more than once after that. If my character took no skill the Fogo wouldn't have taken me to a very close third match at another tournament. If my character took no skill then I wouldn't have lost to KirbyKid 2 tournaments in a row. Ice wouldn't have taken me to 3 matches this past tournament, D4BA wouldn't have been keeping up with me so well playing the sets we did and Melee1 wouldn't put up such a super close fight every single time I play against him.

Every single person I just named off has been very sporting about it and I hear little to no complaints about my character. There were other people playing at the TxGamers tournament that were playing Metaknight and didn't make it into the top end of the results. Don't ask me to say who they are because I didn't get their names, but I know for a fact that I saw other people playing as him. Every single person I named off has proven they are good with who they play as and they have proven time and time again that being good at this game is NOT EASY regardless of your character choice.

If you're as good as you say you are then put your money where your mouth is and beat everyone tomorrow. Although if Melee1 and Slacker show up I'm starting a pool for how long it will be before you start complaining about their character choice as well. In fact, I'm putting money down that says you'll complain about the Secret Weapon after it destroys you; right Billy? :chuckle:

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers are broken; only an idiot would disagree. Metaknight is cheap, he can be beaten but he is cheap. Period. I'm stating simple facts. Ice Climbers can rack up damage because of the ridiculousness of their chain grabbing abilities. Metaknight is too **** broken as I stated earlier.

-= Shrugs. =- You play a cheap char. Just accept it, move on.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
If my character took no skill the Fogo wouldn't have taken me to a very close third match at another tournament, while looking sexy and having threesomes with random beautiful women that just happen to be at smash tournaments. Every single person I just named off has been very sporting about it and I hear little to no complaints about my character.
Yoda never complains, he just learns, and shows no signs of weakness.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Ayo, IS THIS TODAY?! SERIOUSLY IS THAT BWETT **** TODAY?!
I don't know whether you are serious or not, but yeah my shindig is today lol.

As for yall's little dispute you have going on, this will not continue tonight if yall are coming. I don't care if you both have to avoid each other the entire night, but the sole reason I put this together is for everyone to have fun, so if you don't think you can act civilized, then don't even bother coming. Infinity, you do tend to hound him relentlessly about that match. Rok, you insulted his skill. You're both in the wrong, so just deal with it and move on. WE'RE GONNA HAVE FUN **** IT! lol

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
I'll tell you exactly what I told Ice. Long as he keeps it on the cool I will. If he doesn't, then I'm not responsible for any actions or anything that might happen.

Wilma

Smash Rookie
I'd totally go tonight, but I just had my wisdom teeth taken out, and I'm poppin' some serious pills, so I can't drive. I'd rather go when I'm in better condition and such.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Infinity is my hero for the week.

RoK, the way you explain your personal matchups against said characters helps me depict what level of player you are. Hell, I would <3 to MM you any day all day. Your like the kid in the pool hall who has a good set and thinks his "skill" brought him such easy shots. Nothing comes easy, you gota work for it. If you think you can just pick a counterpick character and expect the game to be given to you...your wrong.

The D-town community is privileged to play and become exposed to a good metaknight player such as infinity in preparation to future events. A tactic is as cheap as your inability to adapt to it. What kinda mindset should we have if nothing but metaknights show up to tournaments? We work hard to find ways through said tactics which is possibly one reason why I did so well against wobbles.

I don't mean to direct this post to you Rok as an attack, but more so that many players need to hear this message. Any beef you aquire on the internetz should be taken care of through aim or pms. I don't believe anyone want's to read about your personal disputes shy of shallow humor. You need to realize that these group of players are people too and deserve to be treated as such. We aren't a bunch of children trying to categorize or judge players simply by what character they pick. Instead, we are interacting with one another and developing patterns and playstyles that will help evolve this game into greatness.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
You misunderstand me. I never said I couldn't fight and beat a cheap character; it's just annoying as hell. No one in there right mind wants to willingly fight a Metaknight, he has no disadvantageous match-ups except for Snake.

Also, just the way I talk doesn't depict my level. LG talked big all teh time and believe me, he could back it up. In Brawl, I consider myself to be a high level player; but we'll see tonight. There's no need to keep talking about something when today is the day to prove such.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
i must be crazy then rok, i've had an open offer for money matches against metaknight since about a month ago

so far i'm 9-0 including tournament sets, and the entire tournament i was praying for a metaknight instead of matches like falco and IC's where i actually have trouble

as for the high level player thing, the whole point of money matches is to bring out the best of both players, yet you seem to be avoiding money matches against infinity. the same goes for tournaments, which you apparently don't go to offline. thats why the prices are usually set to 1$ for money matches and 5$ for tournaments, so it's cheap and affordable, but it still brings out the best people have. you have not proven yourself at high level play, so i don't consider you a high level player. do money matches and win, or don't call yourself a high level player

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
hey guys i found a brawl character i don't hate lol

see ya'll at the UTD this weekend and at the doubles tournament on monday!

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Billy: I have absolutely no problem being civil, I just want to come over and have a good time man. Dude, you and me are gonna sit down and analyze your characters later so you can be the star of the show tonight.

Fogo: I officially bequeath the Yoda tag to you. But I'm still using it for friendlies :p Dude, did you ask those chics if they were bored?

Rok: You may not be in control about how you feel about something but you are always 100% in control of how you react to it. You're responsible for your own actions.

Daim: Thanks man, I appreciate your confidence in me. You coming tonight?

Felix: It's cool dude, no rush. Don't you live like right around the corner from me? I'm off 820 and Rufe Snow.

felix45

Smash Lord
@infinity - http://maps.yahoo.com/map#mvt=m&lat... Colleyville TX 76034&q2=32.840807,-97.238732

kinda close I suppose. hey, if you are going to bwett's tonight at around 7:30ish I could go if you picked me up or whatever. late notice I know, but if you want help w/ gas $ I'll give you a dollar or something. if you decide to call me at 817 734 3680 or message me on AIM

16500 Lauder Ln, #22201, Dallas, TX 75248-1739

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I'm kinda of scurred of DoH in Brawl. What's the secret char?

@Bigfoot~ tell me the secret to beat MK! To be honest MK and ICs are the only reason I'm not taking Brawl seriously, although a good Falco looks to be pretty dumb too.

lolrz at diddy ****

KuroYami

Smash Apprentice
sup ladies, i see the smashboards hant changed at all. and i havent been on because i dont have a wii, but hope i get one soon.

blid-if you want to know what that means just ask, and if you dont care then dont i wont die from it.

Falcoboot

Smash Rookie
I'm kinda new to this site and i am a Dallas brawler. If your looking for a brawl then send your wii/brawl codes. I need people to spar with.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
I'm kinda of scurred of DoH in Brawl. What's the secret char?

@Bigfoot~ tell me the secret to beat MK! To be honest MK and ICs are the only reason I'm not taking Brawl seriously, although a good Falco looks to be pretty dumb too.

lolrz at diddy ****
i thought it was dk, but infinity beat me, then again i lost to a computer today, so i wouldn't say i'm at my best. mk does not do nearly as well against heavy characters though (except dedede)

@ infinity - JOHNSJOHNSJOHNSJOHNSJOHNSJOHNSJOHNSmygrandmawasonfireJOHNSJOHNSJOHNSJOHNSJOHNSJOHNSJOHNSJOHNSJOHNSJOHNS

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
ill try to upload em tomarrow erm... later today

melee 1 won singles against felix

i wanna play you sometime infinity maybe possibly a mm

im being cool like infinity and typing things in one line

ps. infinity i think u left ur shades again, billy should have em or whoever

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
ill try to upload em tomarrow erm... later today

melee 1 won singles against felix

i wanna play you sometime infinity maybe possibly a mm

im being cool like infinity and typing things in one line

ps. infinity i think u left ur shades again, billy should have em or whoever
Dangit.

Why do I keep leaving those everywhere?

They're like my favorite sunglasses too!

Guess I have to come out to UTD on Saturday and get them then.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Heads up to everyone on here: G-kon is free this year in no small part due to our friends over at TxGamers and according to their webpage they're having both Brawl and Melee. All you have to do is sign up and print your ticket and parking + entry is free.

Go here for that: http://www.g-kon.com/prereg.php

I'd better see all y'all there.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
U-Man: Bout time you start posting on the board again; gotta rep for BKM man.

Smash peoples: Good fest yesterday, and I did beat the vast majority of you, though I couldn't get into the grooves of things for ****. Don't understand why I suicided on about EVERY single match I played at least once. It was ********. Good stuff.

Bwett: Thanks for holding it, wasn't bad at all. Don't understand why my Ike would be kicking the living hell outta yours, I'd suicide and gameover. =/ I will work on my suicide rate and you won't be as lucky.

Ice: We own as a team, period. "Is TEAM ATTACK ON?", "YEAH, WE'RE JUST THAT GOOD!". Good stuff man. Thanks for picking me up from UTD to make it here, you and your girlfriend are COOL people, nuff said.

Fogo: e_e; Man, good stuff and you almost got some good gimp kills but I suggest you learn how to rely on more than just Dedede's chaingrab. It's boring and repetitive but whatever floats your boat.

LITTLE-foot: I STRONGLY suggest before you go shooting your mouth off about someone you make sure who is all in the room before hand, because it's obvious you were shocked and at a loss for words, LITERALLY. =] Thank you sir.

Peeps: Still stand by what I said, Metaknight is broken, shuttle loop is gay; I.C.'s are broken as well. Dedede chaingrab cheap and a load of other things. All beatable, but a ***** to fight against and hold ridiculous advantages. End of Story.

felix45

Smash Lord
ggs everyone i had fun :)
I think I'm gonna start practicing again!

@bwett - thanks for hosting. btw, you aren't allowed to hit snake. its against the rules! every time you do, you blow up. :p
on a serious note you got much better since we last played, well done. keep improving!

@infinity - I'll get you the $15 I owe you next time I show up to something. I may show up monday, as of now I dont have work but that is liable to change.

@ice - I'm surprised we did so well as a team, keep up the good work with snake. Almost had them, took them to their last match at least. plus I had no clue who you were or played as, so I'd say we did pretty well considering everything. cant quite claim best snake or whatever now, better watch out! :D

@fogo - fun playing with you. If I were to suggest anything to improve your game, I'd say spam bair. it has massive range, a true ***** to deal with. that goes for both your characters actually :p

@bigfoot - you should have stayed longer :O
I wanted to try my metaknight a few more times, even though I'm sure my snake or rob would have done much better. I need to get my metaknight back into shape that's for sure :) nice DK though. be sure you go back to cali with your stories of amazement of our superb dallas scene.

@melee1 - good games. you suck with directions! haha
nice ICs though, you are the first person I've played outside of my friend from lubbock who has been able to pull a true infinate so far. not any of that scrub stuff hylian does. take pride! look forward to seeing you next tourney, and watch out because I'll be practicing up for it. ;)

@rok - no YOU suck donkey balls! :p

oh and on my final note here, I'll accept all MMs in brawl!
except you infinity, I already owe you $15 as it is :p

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
haha your money grubbing ways got you in trouble this time eh felix? You been trying to pick up snake or something? Sounds like you're trying to be the next Drew playing all the high tiers like that.

Anyway just though I'd check in with my Dallas peeps. Louisiana sucks. They have like no tournaments and if they do they are all way down south in the places I don't live.........plus the next one is on a friday. I mean come on do none of them work?....... Probably not since it seems like most of them are just out of high school or something......

Back to MGS4 for the time being!

Bwett

Smash Ace
Bwett: Thanks for holding it, wasn't bad at all. Don't understand why my Ike would be kicking the living hell outta yours, I'd suicide and gameover. =/ I will work on my suicide rate and you won't be as lucky.
Not suiciding is a part of skill. Also, you should probably change your title to "Witnessed the Best Ike Alive." I mean, if I was in your shoes, I would be appreciative of such a beating ;). After you lose 3 out of 3 games, you should definitely be inspired lol. But enough trash talk, good games. Definitely enjoyed them, since Ike dittos are the best.

As for all my other matches, all great. Shuz...what can I say, but wow. My yoshi was on top game last night and you still beat me. Great show you put on. I'm proud of you lol.

Bigfoot, good games with you. Sorry we couldn't get anymore in. Hit up the threads next time you're in Texas, if you ever come back :).

Thanks to everyone that came (Dark Meow...you didn't show...I'm unhappy with you!)

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
never have i been complimented so many times in one night. im motivated to become better and better. One of the best smashfest ive ever attended bwett. I had amazing matches, learned so much more.
im attempting to upload the vids right now

felix45

Smash Lord
haha your money grubbing ways got you in trouble this time eh felix? You been trying to pick up snake or something? Sounds like you're trying to be the next Drew playing all the high tiers like that.
I wouldn't say it got me in trouble, I learned a lot about how infinity plays from that MM. the money motivated him to play his best I'm sure, and I'll know what I'm up against next tourney. although, losing $20 isn't something always oh so enjoyable, but I plan on getting it back by doing well in the next tourney :)

trying to pick up snake? I've been playing snake for some time. and the characters I play are all high tier because everyone saw how good I was and decided surely all of my characters are the best in the game. :p

edit: @shuz - sorry I forgot you in my other post. nice wolf, I never realized how good that shine was. I'm going to try out wolf the next few days so I know how to play against a wolf next time. ggs

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Not suiciding is a part of skill. Also, you should probably change your title to "Witnessed the Best Ike Alive." I mean, if I was in your shoes, I would be appreciative of such a beating ;). After you lose 3 out of 3 games, you should definitely be inspired lol. But enough trash talk, good games. Definitely enjoyed them, since Ike dittos are the best.
QUOTE]

We all have off days. And you seen at one point before I kept losing my mind set you couldn't make a single move without being owned if it was a flaw. I just gotta get more serious about the game. You'll be fighting my more aggressive style next time Bwett. So you'd best to prepare for some of the most break-neck Ike player style ever. =] I'm still the best Ike Alive man. Bwah ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom