• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Now thinking about it blue, you're right. We probably won't be able to know until later down the road.

Btw, I totally want to play some brawl this week before the tournament. Both bluezaft and utd zac painfully pointed out the lack of room at my apartment :( lol so I'd be willing to go to people's places sometime. I dunno when I'll be able to because of school and whatnot, but friday sounds very promising.
It's the way your apartment's layout is dude, the actual amount of space is pretty big if you and your roommate didn't have it set up specifically for 2 people.

Aside from that, I'm in on Friday for a little practice if I'm not going out with le hot chic. If not then I'll see you guys on Sunday, lol.

Gigi

Smash Cadet
Gigapoot Tournament
Saturday, April 26th
LairLink

HAVE:
4 tvs
1 wii
2 gamecubes
1 copy melee
2 copies brawl

BRING:
3 tvs
6 wiis
5 copies brawl
6 copies melee
drinks

Warm Up @ 3pm

Melee Starts @ 4pm
$5 Melee Singles

Brawl
Teams Starts after Melee
$5 per person Brawl Teams ($10 per team)

You bring the Drinks. I'll bring the Snacks
:)

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
candle jack!
Oh sh-
Great memories! One of my favorite episodes from Freakazoid.
You still play Melee, Fire? I'm trying to find some people to play Melee with after next week is over. Are Rage/Poot/Brave just totally out of the smash scene or what?
Herbivores are still going strong. Reckon, Brave, Hare, and I play about 1.69 times a week. Mix it up between Brawl/Melee. Spoox and 7734 are still active in both as well.

Rage is MIA. I suspect he is actually Dhoom in disguise and left us after pulling off a major heist.

Gigapoot tournament! They are the best. Bring drinks. Don't make a mess. Fun times.

I made Brawl teams cause I kinda hate singles. Anyone played many team matches?

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Gigapoot 2! Can't wait..
Chris, if you host a Melee/Brawl-fest every once and a while I will do my best to gather the Herbivores.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Gigapoot Tournament
Saturday, April 26th
LairLink

HAVE:
4 tvs
1 wii
2 gamecubes
1 copy melee
2 copies brawl

BRING:
3 tvs
6 wiis
5 copies brawl
6 copies melee
drinks

Warm Up @ 3pm

Melee Starts @ 4pm
$5 Melee Singles

Brawl
Teams Starts after Melee
$5 per person Brawl Teams ($10 per team)

You bring the Drinks. I'll bring the Snacks
:)
I probably won't be at this one, so good luck to those that do go.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
No! No, dammit, next Saturday! Next Saturday! Melee singles and Brawl teams is like, THE ideal tournament, but I won't have free time until after Monday.

May 3rd? May 3rd?

Jared and Taco: I want to start having weekly Melee/Brawlfests starting next week if possible. I want to gather all the Melee-appreciaters out there. I haven't played Melee in about a month =(

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164704
Wii-tripping. Know it. Fear it.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. . .

I haven't played Brawl teams much, but I'm up for it. More practice 'tis good. Guess that calls for the broken team of G&W & Pika/Lucas/Ness.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I dunno if I'll be attending that. I'd much prefer singles for brawl. I love that 1v1 tension. But in any case, Slacker, tried out IC's today with those chain grabs...gj on getting those down so well. The down throw grabs were pretty easy but when I tried to do back throw to nana grab, could only do it like 1 out of 8 times lol.

Unfortunately, I just realized that I might not be able to go to the tournament on sunday...that sucks :(

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if I'll be attending that. I'd much prefer singles for brawl. I love that 1v1 tension. But in any case, Slacker, tried out IC's today with those chain grabs...gj on getting those down so well. The down throw grabs were pretty easy but when I tried to do back throw to nana grab, could only do it like 1 out of 8 times lol.

Unfortunately, I just realized that I might not be able to go to the tournament on sunday...that sucks :(
FINALLY someone appreciates my chaingrabbing (lol that sounds so weird). I've been called cheap many times and my response is usually "Well then you do it to me!". It's not eeaaassyyy. I still feel bad for doing it lol, I don't know why. Wobbles and Zac sort of helped me get over it ;p.

But anyways bwett, you need to make your "combo" video. I can see it now, seperated into 3 parts: Zac, Infinity, and me. Zac doing Judgements everywhere, Infinity doing some crazy *** MK **** he always pulls off, and me, well, I'll keep mine a secret. Maybe even bule-zap if he ever finishes his 30-page essay that seems to be due every week.

P.S. Tornado for bottom tier part 2

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I dunno if I'll be attending that. I'd much prefer singles for brawl.
I'd be willing to bet good money that by now you'd much better at Melee once you get back into the groove.

The most common problem that keeps people from getting better at Melee is that they just try to go fast without thinking about the opponent. Brawl has forced you to slow down and focus on predicting, getting the opponent into awkward situations, and basically just playing smart. Trust me, you've been playing much smarter and more accurately since Brawl came out.

I think the world would be a much better place if everyone didn't think of Brawl as a game, but as a Melee training device. Please?

Fun fact: whenever I write "melee" my browser tells me it's not a word.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
god I love the adrenaline rush I get from doing simple fox combos on level 1 cpus in melee. they seem so much better now that I do them like once a month because of brawls. they are like a luxury.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I'd be willing to bet good money that by now you'd much better at Melee once you get back into the groove.

The most common problem that keeps people from getting better at Melee is that they just try to go fast without thinking about the opponent. Brawl has forced you to slow down and focus on predicting, getting the opponent into awkward situations, and basically just playing smart. Trust me, you've been playing much smarter and more accurately since Brawl came out.
Well...I suppose I could come for melee singles and brawl friendlies...lol...I'm manipulated way too easily lol. So apparently Sunday I have an SI session I have to teach at 5pm...I'm gonna make up some excuse as to why I can't do it so I can come to the blockbuster tournament, and I guess I'll be coming over on Saturday. Bluezaft is making a pretty big deal about it so it must be pretty awesome lol.

Yeah, slacker, I'll try to make two combo videos. The one where I lose will be called either Bloopers or Rok's Combo Video lol. Then there will be the real one called The One-Hit Combo :p

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
jk guys, thanks for the help.

Are my posts all invisible? no one responds to me in the back room either.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Well...I suppose I could come for melee singles and brawl friendlies...lol...I'm manipulated way too easily lol.
Writing bluezaft's evolution paper also makes you better at Melee?

If I had free time I would offer to give you some Melee practice. Buuuuuuut I don't.

Yeah, slacker, I'll try to make two combo videos. The one where I lose will be called either Bloopers or Rok's Combo Video lol.
hahahaha. I approve of the second idea.

gamefreak_joey

Smash Rookie
I added all the ppl's FC's on the roster for the tournament. You guys add me asap.
You're reputation preceeds you bluezaft, in the good way of course.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
FINALLY someone appreciates my chaingrabbing (lol that sounds so weird). I've been called cheap many times and my response is usually "Well then you do it to me!". It's not eeaaassyyy. I still feel bad for doing it lol, I don't know why. Wobbles and Zac sort of helped me get over it ;p.

I use to main IC's so I can do just about anything with em. since u have even more control of nana in this game I somhow managed to command nana to egde hop and f air spike while standing on da level doing nothing.lol mabye me and u slacker can do a double IC team

isidro

Smash Apprentice
that would be scary k.g. slacker's ic's are though enough alone now add another skilled ic. Total victory would be y'alls

wow my 100th post

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
I know .lol it will be complet destruction. team chaingrabbing.lmao I know what hes goin through no matter how good u get wit em u will always be referred to as cheap rather than highly skilled. u don't know how many time people accused me of wobbling in melee.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
jk guys, thanks for the help.

Are my posts all invisible? no one responds to me in the back room either.
I didn't even see this post since I responded to Bwett and it flipped over to the next page. What did you ask?

Is Wobbles still in town or is he going to be done with school by then? Or what?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Melee? I was really bad at that game so let's play something with no skill gap!
Thanks for the input RoK

I was asking for for the address, since LairLInk as one word didn't immediately illicit that response from me that that was the place to look.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
No skill gap. Oh you mean no technical skill? I'm pretty sure from my Brawl experience I can beat you at Melee even though I can probably no longer l-cancel or Wave-dash, I'll go Broly on your *****. Money match *****es.

tac0

Smash Journeyman
You never forget how to l-cancel or wavedash. It's like riding a ****ing bike.
LET'S PLAY SUNDAY

EDIT: k.g. wobbles in his sleep :laugh:

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
No skill gap. Oh you mean no technical skill? I'm pretty sure from my Brawl experience I can beat you at Melee even though I can probably no longer l-cancel or Wave-dash, I'll go Broly on your *****. Money match *****es.
I'm challenging you to at least 1 money match in Brawl. $10 a match. MLG rules, you name the time and place and I'll be there.

Unless, you know, you're all talk. Then by all means, back down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom