• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
...no.

hm...
...I'll see whether Gaston feels like going, and if he does, I MIGHT just go. ... You'll be fronting some of that 12$ under the guise of gas money if I take you, though, Milk.

Wobbles, where do you live? I might could take you. For some reason my girlfriend got 15x more open to the idea of going when she found out that you were... >_>

I'd also bring the same full setup I always do if if we're allowed.
Hellz Yea!
Suddenly my week just got thrice as AWSOME!
Moneys tight for me till payday next week but i should be able to scrape something together.

Names Blu btw.:p

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I live in between Preston/Park and Ohio/Park; I'm just about on the dividing line between Dallas and Plano. If necessary, I can get a ride from my parents somewhere closer--it sucks, but my family only has one car, meaning I'm just not able to use it all day. Otherwise I'd drive myself.

Also, this would probably be discussed more easily over AIM.

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
I live in between Preston/Park and Ohio/Park; I'm just about on the dividing line between Dallas and Plano. If necessary, I can get a ride from my parents somewhere closer--it sucks, but my family only has one car, meaning I'm just not able to use it all day. Otherwise I'd drive myself.

Also, this would probably be discussed more easily over AIM.
Alright. I live south of you. My AIM is idfection as well, but I won't be on until later since my stepdad was just hospitalized. Getting you should be no problem, though.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Yeah even though this tourney is like maybe 5 mins from my house its starting to look really lame.

They are going to drop a commons fee on everyone like they did last time I bet, and there are only two tv's and the dude is planning on having other tournies also.

yeah...

and it does not help that its starting at 4. I mean come on that means its not going to start at least until around 5 or 5:30
There's already a "commons fee."

Last time this same dude ran a tournament he waited until the Smash tournament was over before doing any of the other ones. Ask Catfish, it's the one we split in.

Bring an extra TV and a Wii if you want it to go faster.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Wobbles is the worst Smash player ever. I never want to play him again, it was a total waste of time.

In related news, this website needs a sarcasm tag. See you guys at the tournament :p

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Alright, Wobbles, my AIM is up- Idfection. I'm going to bed right now, but you can leave me a message so I know yours, etc.

Riding with me means you get first dibs at my gf's cookies, lol. What kind do you like? She takes requests, lol

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I think Bwett and Jeremy are going to together.... Jeremy would probably have room in his car for Wobbles, and it would be 10 minutes out of the way instead of like 40 for Id. Want me to ask him, Rob?

*knives*

Smash Apprentice
There's already a "commons fee."

Last time this same dude ran a tournament he waited until the Smash tournament was over before doing any of the other ones. Ask Catfish, it's the one we split in.

Bring an extra TV and a Wii if you want it to go faster.

Yeah maybe. Get a few warm ups before the tourney?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Err... I don't know who this Jeremy fellow is, so if bwett can ask him, I'd appreciate it.

My AIM is excelexcel25 if anybody wants to talk. I'll probably be away, but I'll get your message eventually.

Bwett

Smash Ace
If anyone wants to come over, my apartment is open for a potential smashfest starting from the time I get off work at 2pm to whenever. I know Infinity is coming, possibly Jeremy, and I told bluezaft about it, so give me a call after 2 if you are interested and I'll give you directions. 979-216-7010 It's on UTD so it shouldn't be too hard lol.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
My apologies to Jeremy for not knowing who he was. I just have a horrible memory for people (unless I play matches with them...), so whenever I met you, I didn't get enough games to put you in my head.

Please hit me up on AIM so we can discuss the logistics of rides.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Just sayin'.

You kids have fun at the tournament tomorrow without me. I've got a 30-page research paper and a powerpoint presentation to do.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Just sayin'.

You kids have fun at the tournament tomorrow without me. I've got a 30-page research paper and a powerpoint presentation to do.
omg wtf that's gonna leave zac's car like empty since you and bwett are gone

I'll be like a little mexican kid in the backseat hiding cause I'm crossing the border

and lol procrastination

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
WOOOO THIS TOURNEY SUCKED LOL

Everything that was NOT the tourney was amazing: the friendlies, the 0%-death CG (except bwett survived that one time, too good), the dinner @ Italian place and car ride home.

I got my controller signed by Wobbles which is awesome cause he's like my IC idol :)))))

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
yea lol, the italian resturant we went to AFTER the tourny was a hell of alot more fun then the actual tourny. The ******** guy in charge ruined the whole thing in every way possible.

ANYWAYZ, it was alot of fun guyz and i look forward to the next SWF get-together.

AkaiDoesDallas

Smash Cadet
lol aw dang missed the italian food..
so who ended up winning?
Zac and Wobbles were still playing when i left...
that tourney was pretty lame...
3rd place doesnt even get their money back!

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
The tourney was good for the following reasons:

1) It was run very efficiently. Matches were called as soon as TVs were open, and winner's bracket ended first, meaning that the loser's bracket matches were filled out and were played quickly.
2) The guy had copies of the rules on hand. This let us know exactly which stages were legal, and there were no disputes or johns to be had about it.

Why was it not so good?

1) 7 dollar fee to be in the center, 5 dollars for the tournament; as mentioned 3rd didn't get their money back, and the pot was disproportionately small compared to how much was paid to enter. I don't only say that because I won.
2) Single rounds for loser's bracket; I could understand if there were time restrictions... but the tournament was going so fast, this was unnecessary and I have no doubt it skewed results.

Give props to the guy running it though; he did things more efficiently than most tournaments run by Smash people. Admittedly, it went too efficiently with the rules alteration for the loser's bracket, so that sucked. Ideally next time, that won't happen.

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
1) every person had a bye except for me.
2) if we hadnt of left when we did, we woulda had to pay MORE $$ to stay, so basicly we had to pay to get into the gaming center to play smash AND pay to get into the smash tourny?!?!?
3)HE MATCHED UP PEOPLE AGAINST THE PEOPLE THEY CAME IN WITH! The 2 people i came to the tourny with played each other first round and then i had to play the winner of that. If i wanted to play with the same people i always play with i coulda stayed at home.

I feel used; but i guess it coulda been worse......

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure the program he used for seeding was not genuinely random.

Even still, friendlies were TOO awesome! Too bad they got cut short.

OMG Infinity that was the closest and most intense match I have ever had in a tournament. Thanks so much for that.

And Bwett, Bret, or however that guy said it, your Ike made my Ike pee himself. At least my Snake made up for it 3stockin ya! >;D

To everyone there- even though the tourney itself was iffy, I had a REALLY great time. Thanks for all the matches I had.

I still feel bad for breaking that restaurant's plate with my lap, though.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Who got 3rd?

2 Snakes won the San Antonio tournament. I feel like playing a good snake now...I'm lookin at you, Id!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
About 2 weeks ago I had a smashfest at my place and someone left a controller. It's silver and has black permanent ink markings around it. I've uploaded a picture.

URL: http://i26.tinypic.com/s41e38.jpg

If the owner could please PM me so I can get this back to him, otherwise I will continue to use and abuse it (not really abuse).

EDIT: I believe it belongs to Silas, though I'm not sure...

Bwett

Smash Ace
You said you were going to bed when we dropped you off! Liar! lol In other news, thanks everyone for the friendlies, those were some freakin sick matches. Those donkey kongs I faced were some of the most intense matches ever. Non-sweet spot punch ftl lol. Overall, I think the tournament was pretty fun and well worth the money. Only problem I had was it wasn't random and they took my wii off my tv without asking me first and put their own game on it...that irked me lol. Furthermore, slacker needs to settle down with those chain grabs...totally checking out ic section now :p.

I think the placing was this or atleast close to:
Wobbles
Zac
Infinity
Bwett1 (yay!)
Jeremy
Blumilk, slacker, and ksk (dont really know for them but definitely not far behind)

So zac and I were fighting in loser bracket semifinals...I nearly 3 stocked him, and he came back and beat me. For that, I applaud you lol. *clap*...*clap*...*clap* lol. But seriously, that was totally crazy that you did that, I was shocked. Also, counterpicking Shadow Moses against Wobbles is probably the worst thing you could ever do in your life. In the end though, the practice from last night and today, I think I've leveled up. I feel stronger! lol

Before I forget, Pasta All you can eat Tournament Results:
Bwett1 (5.5 plates)
Wobbles (5.3 plates)
Jeremy (5 plates)
Zac? (4 i think)
Not sure about everyone else lol

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
UTD Zac

yes that belongs to Silas, if you cant contact him just talk to me on AIM(BuDuhBand)

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
this tourey don't sound like it went too well .wobbles want to play u. slacker Ic s vs diddy. bwett want to play ur ike. speaking of ikes wher da hell is rok????

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
LOL Blu I was one of the few who did not get a bye. I ended up facing Wobbles first round.

And I think I got somewhere around last LOL. That zelda I faced was mind****.

And Wobbles I wanna play your Wario so I can at least stand a chance lol. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom