• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBF_VlaD

Smash Rookie
yeah, this sounds pretty packed...

a must:
buying the TVs before people go in there
and take them up to play Naruto 3 or play halo

but other than having no breathing room... or chairs
it should be fun

*knives*

Smash Apprentice
Gaming center is the kind of place that wont charge anyone unless they see a lot of people coming in.

They are annoying like that.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Zac/Zaft/Bwett, you guys want to get in a day of practice before Saturday? I'm working overnights this week and I'm off on Friday.

Edit - By overnight I mean 11pm to 7am on Monday and Wednesday and 7pm to 7am Tuesday and Thursday.
That sounds cool. Friday should be good with me. If you have another time that you would rather, just say so. Besides class, I'm free anytime lol.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
ZAAAAAC

I need to know if you'll be able to give me a ride to the tourney. That way I can get my Saturday schedule straightened up. PM me for my address if you can, or get it from bluezaft, as I'm sure he's got it in his Inbox somewhere.

@Bwett & Bule-Zap: Let's get some friendlies in if I go.

Also, am I allowed to enter a doubles tourney with a level 9 CPU? I have a feeling everyone's gonna be taken by then. ;p

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
That sounds cool. Friday should be good with me. If you have another time that you would rather, just say so. Besides class, I'm free anytime lol.
Works for me dude. Let me know when/where.

In related news, according to RoK Metaknight takes absolutely no skill. Even after I did a fantastic job of edge guarding him and moving around what he was doing. RoK is officially a whiney little *****.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
If metaknight takes no skill, he would be a perfect match for Rok.

There's a difference between a character taking no skill and just being broken. Wobbles and I were talking about how Sakurai was ******** for giving MK and G&W everything a character could ever ask for. Let's hope SOMETHING comes along that balances them, much like how Fox and Falco balanced Sheik.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's a difference between a character taking no skill and just being broken. Wobbles and I were talking about how Sakurai was ******** for giving MK and G&W everything a character could ever ask for. Let's hope SOMETHING comes along that balances them, much like how Fox and Falco balanced Sheik.
Well they're both really light... that's something against them at least >_>

When people get better at vert kills those two will suffer more than most. Both are probably going to be top tier though.

Bwett

Smash Ace
ZAAAAAC

@Bwett & Bule-Zap: Let's get some friendlies in if I go.

Also, am I allowed to enter a doubles tourney with a level 9 CPU? I have a feeling everyone's gonna be taken by then. ;p
If you don't have a ride, I can get a ride from one of my friends and give up my spot so you have a ride with Zac. Also, is this going to go singles or doubles because doubles would suck (mostly because I suck at them lol). Btw, slacker, depending on circumstances which I do not know yet, I could be your partner if it happens to be doubles and not singles.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
If you don't have a ride, I can get a ride from one of my friends and give up my spot so you have a ride with Zac. Also, is this going to go singles or doubles because doubles would suck (mostly because I suck at them lol). Btw, slacker, depending on circumstances which I do not know yet, I could be your partner if it happens to be doubles and not singles.
Singles, yo.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
sucks that i cant make the tournament this saturday cause of my new job. is anything going on besides the tournament this week, im willing to travel anywhere near dallas XD

bluezaft

The True Zaft
You can't do both because Brawl takes a really really really long time. Heck, just singles with 2 TVs would take approximately 4 days.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Awesomee. We'll see what Zac has to say.

And let's start our own doubles tourney with us SWF onlyz. I'm curious on how ICs will stand IN BRAWL.

@Bwett: Let's start brainstorming some funky team namez.

felix45

Smash Lord
hey everybody

I'm coming home this weekend to look for jobs. if I'm not doing anything around 3ish I'll try to make it out to the tourney, but I'm going to guess I wont be able to make it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Zac's Car to April 19th FT Worth Tournament

Driver: Me
Shotgun: Daniel Logan (aka Lucas / Toon Link player, confirmed)
Backseat passenger #1: slacker (confirmed?)
Backseat passenger #2: bluezaft (confirmed?)
Backseat passenger #3: Bwett (confirmed?)

Directions to my apt: (taken directly from previous smashfest post)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/Arruz/1635instructions.jpg (Visual Directions)
Address: 2200 Waterview Pkwy, Apt#1635 (third floor, phase 2) Richardson, TX 75080
Cell: 361-676-2223

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Zac's Car to April 19th FT Worth Tournament

Driver: Me
Shotgun: Daniel Logan (aka Lucas / Toon Link player, confirmed)
Backseat passenger #1: slacker (confirmed?)
Backseat passenger #2: bluezaft (confirmed?)
Backseat passenger #3: Bwett (confirmed?)

Directions to my apt: (taken directly from previous smashfest post)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/Arruz/1635instructions.jpg (Visual Directions)
Address: 2200 Waterview Pkwy, Apt#1635 (third floor, phase 2) Richardson, TX 75080
Cell: 361-676-2223
****, I'm gonna need to go to your place? If I could, that means I'd have a ride to the tourney.

To get to your place, I'd have to take the Dart bus or something, and I'm not good with Dart. . .

If I'm gonna need to go to your place, then count me out. :/ Sozry bwett.

Bwett

Smash Ace
****, I'm gonna need to go to your place? If I could, that means I'd have a ride to the tourney.

To get to your place, I'd have to take the Dart bus or something, and I'm not good with Dart. . .

If I'm gonna need to go to your place, then count me out. :/ Sozry bwett.
How far away is your place? If its not too far, I'll come pick you up lol. There is no reason a smash player should be left in the dust because of transportation. Btw, zac, if slacker is able to come, I'll let him have my seat if you didn't read before. I'll just go with Jeremy.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
How far away is your place? If its not too far, I'll come pick you up lol. There is no reason a smash player should be left in the dust because of transportation. Btw, zac, if slacker is able to come, I'll let him have my seat if you didn't read before. I'll just go with Jeremy.
I live in Carrollton. It's like 15 miles west from Richardson/Plano. Probably about a ~25 minute drive depending on traffic.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Oh I can come get you then just give me your address and I'll reply later with time of departure.

So you are not coming with us Bwett? You would make 5. I guess if you dont want to be cramped then yeah go with jeemy. Let me know.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
OMG if Wobbles comes it'll be perfect. Don't worry about it being cramped, I can be in the middle and it'll be like I'm not really there. I'm like a stick :p

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
Call him Milk, dammit! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

How about we call you "Blu with the 'E' ":laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anywayz Idfection: please please please please please please please please please please please please please please pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease
go to the tourny this sat. so you can take me with you.

please?

felix45

Smash Lord
man I really want to go to this. hopefully if I wake up really early and get my **** done before 1pm I can go to this.

I have been dying to play you dallas people!

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
So... this still leaves my question on unanswered.

Who would like to give me a ride? I will provide some cash for gas, as well as humorous commentary on events as they occur.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
If anyone over there needs a ride I don't mind driving. Got room for 4 + me.

Edit - I'd need like a couple bucks for gas though, since it's the complete opposite direction from the Gaming Center from me :p

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
please please please please please please please please please please please please please please pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease
?
...no.

hm...
...I'll see whether Gaston feels like going, and if he does, I MIGHT just go. ... You'll be fronting some of that 12$ under the guise of gas money if I take you, though, Milk.

Who would like to give me a ride?.
Wobbles, where do you live? I might could take you. For some reason my girlfriend got 15x more open to the idea of going when she found out that you were... >_>

I'd also bring the same full setup I always do if if we're allowed.

*knives*

Smash Apprentice
Yeah even though this tourney is like maybe 5 mins from my house its starting to look really lame.

They are going to drop a commons fee on everyone like they did last time I bet, and there are only two tv's and the dude is planning on having other tournies also.

yeah...

and it does not help that its starting at 4. I mean come on that means its not going to start at least until around 5 or 5:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom