• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
firewheel shall fall to the rowlett crew...

but i'm gonna hunt down a desolated game stop to have for my own ;-)

@zac- as soon as jared can format them i'll have them up.

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
First post is updated with some ridiculous Gamestop tournament goodness.

So, um, would you guys want me to have a tournament this sunday? Or what?
I know we havent met nor do you probably know anything about me Zaft, but yes there should be a tourny held somewhere outside of game stop/game crazy.
Im good friends with poot, he can vouch for me.
I think itd be good to have a Brawl and Melee tourny, but since it will be Brawls debut, I wouldnt mind playing that for hours upon hours.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
i think blue was talking about a melee tourny.

also i won't be going to any of these brawl tournies until ive played the game and understand its competitive worth.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I know we havent met nor do you probably know anything about me Zaft, but yes there should be a tourny held somewhere outside of game stop/game crazy.
Im good friends with poot, he can vouch for me.
I think itd be good to have a Brawl and Melee tourny, but since it will be Brawls debut, I wouldnt mind playing that for hours upon hours.
I think I can take your word for it that you want a tournament. Though it helps that I know Poot would never be friends with a filthy liar who would tell filthy lies about wanting a tournament when they really don't.

This sunday is March 2nd. NEXT sunday is Brawl Day.

also i won't be going to any of these brawl tournies until ive played the game and understand its competitive worth.
Yeah, but then you can't win a free copy of Brawl and go on to round 2. I don't like it much either, but it's kind of worth it.

Don't know who I'll use. D3 looks really good to me for some reason and MK looks top tier.... who knows.
I just hope they'll have secret characters unlocked so I can be Marth. Otherwise I'll probably be MK or Pikachu or Mario or Fox. And you have to choose just one since they're using Tournament Mode.

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good to me, as for the Game Stop / Game Crazy tournies, I assumed it would be limited to the default characters, one map with items...

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
What about the Gamestops that aren't on the list? One near me said that they are hosting a MELEE tourney, but they aren't on the list online. Think they are just being an average gamestop and have no clue? If they are right, depending on the prize, I'll attend their tourney, if they're wrong, or their prize sucks, I'll be at ganon lane for the Brawl tourney.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Is it the same date and time as the Brawl tourneys are supposed to be? Which gamestop?

First post updated with tournament info this sunday (not Brawl Day).

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
OK guys- I went to the Gamestop that said they were hosting a Melee tourney- They were wrong.

~~MORE IMPORTANTLY~~

I also visited the Gamestop on Gannon Lane. They said that they are NO LONGER having a brawl tourney, even though they are listed online. They said that instead, our district is combining with Rockwall. SO... if I were you I'd call up your Gamestop periodically and make sure they're still doing it.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
I've found my desolate gamestop!

i'll be at 3112 north Jupiter rd. along with my little bro and maybe some scrub friends of mine.

i better not see anybody from the boards there >:-(

also, should i have the inferno tomorrow?

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
I've found my desolate gamestop!

i'll be at 3112 north Jupiter rd. along with my little bro and maybe some scrub friends of mine.

i better not see anybody from the boards there >:-(

I guess youre lucky I work till 11 pm - 12 am on Saturdays...
At any rate, Ill need to whip up some skills real quick for the 9th.
Poot!

I summon you!

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I'll challenge thee !
Looks like i'll have a free brawl. Who do you know that is coming to that one? I'm not even sure if I wanna go to that one, being in a mall and all. I'm too lazy to find a remote garland location.
Poot!

I summon you!
Hai! Sensei whenever you are ready call me forth.

Fogo: I could use some practice fissure.

tac0

Smash Journeyman
Poot: There's a game stop by Kingsley and 1st street. Not sure they're hosting, just thought I'd let you know.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
the mall is 5 min away from me so id rather go to that one. unless of course good ole bulezap lets me buy his fourth copy at a reasonable price. i don't have a wii but ill have brawl. yay.

also, johnny b if you're reading this, which im sure you're not, since you don't play the game anymore and i havent seen you in two years, im not giving you 20 dollars for melee like i said a while back.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
Poot: There's a game stop by Kingsley and 1st street. Not sure they're hosting, just thought I'd let you know.
I live right by that one . but I don't think they are hosting I didn't see it on the listing of locations. and yeah fogo have the inferno I need mo footage.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
kg: my post count is 2.82X greater than yours.

*insert transformation noises*

*transforms into melee1*

kg: you could say it is in the same proportion as our respective skill levels.

TRANSFORMATION COMPLETE.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Okay, let me make that clear. They don't seem to have the Wynnwood location listed. So far, Redbird Oaks shopping CTR 4333 Gannon Lane is BKm, nad I'm going to say either Preston Valley or Skill man as well; I'll let you know later.

Ryven

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! I totally go to UTD; I should come to the clubhouse Sunday. It will be epic, because I suck. XD

Oh, and if it matters, I'm going to the Collin Creek Mall location for the GameStop Brawl tourney.

WiLD BOris

Smash Ace
Okay, let me make that clear. They don't seem to have the Wynnwood location listed. So far, Redbird Oaks shopping CTR 4333 Gannon Lane is BKm, nad I'm going to say either Preston Valley or Skill man as well; I'll let you know later.
Skillman is my neck of the woods and I highly doubt anyone with skill will be there. We dont like it cause its ghetto and the manager(maybe former) was a douche. We like Greenville better so if anyone is looking for an easy tourney I would recommend Skillman.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
the mall is 5 min away from me so id rather go to that one. unless of course good ole bulezap lets me buy his fourth copy at a reasonable price. i don't have a wii but ill have brawl. yay.
I've already promised to sell my extra to someone else.

Yep. (I see you tried to make "inferno" fire-colored)

Hey guys! I totally go to UTD; I should come to the clubhouse Sunday. It will be epic, because I suck. XD
Just wondering, do you happen to be someone I know? If not, welcome to the Dallas smash scene.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Gah, **** you Melee1, I wanted to go to the Ghetto *** one. (I will still be going there if mine (Wynnwood, extreme ghetto) doesn't hold it, which it doesn't look like. And because without dash-dancing and wave dashing and u-throw to u-air no longer working (and no L-cancelling) Melee1, shouldn't be a probelm >;)

BTW

Bluezaft =/ Am I banned from this tournament or no? So I know whether to show up or not, I don't wanna waste my time and get the cops called on me.

ENEMIES OF BKM!!!!! like, Pigs to slaughterrrrr

HEADS!!! WILL!! ROLL!!!!

Heads will roll, throats will be slit, blood will flow like springs of waterrrrrrrrr

HEADSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WILLL!!!!!! ROLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
I repeat: Gannon lane's Tourney is CANCELED.

Ps: DART fails life. Their Sunday service sucks. The station next door to me; no Sunday service. The station next to UTD; no Sunday service. Costumer Service told me, "well, you'd only have to walk a mile or so!" >->

tac0

Smash Journeyman
lol, rok!
kudos on the Protest The Hero reference, gonna go see them live next sunday, best 20 bucks I'll ever spend.

Actually on topic: I'll be showing to the Inferno soon.

Also: The 3rd line from sequoia throne confuses me.

Wtf? spaceships?

DOUBLE EDIT: ****, rok got me to listen to bloodmeat, now I don't have the willpower to move. :(

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
No, I don't know you Bluezaft. At least, I don't think I do. I just wandered into your thread. XD

Sup Ryven. Not sure if we've met yet but I'll expect to see you this sunday at the tourney. Cool to get to know more smashers that go to UTD.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
So right now 6-9 people are coming sunday and no one is bringing a setup besides me. Kind of a waste of time...

Also note that I'm changing my gamestop location to the one on Preston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom