• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroYami

Smash Apprentice
RAWR: more than likley you will be able to come over 2 jrocs place on monday. he'll text you to let you know when you can come by.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
i only got to play friendlies but it was fun.

F4L: amazing tourny. big time props. fun friendlies.

miekniek: enjoyed playing you. improving and thats good.

johann/crunk man: you shffl super fast. lol.

poot/geeg: good times. appreciate yall. lets play in a few days. great bowser matches vs others btw.

melee1: good fox man. your spacing+grabs=pro. impossible to beat you in fox dittos... GDub however...

yum cha: good matches. the only marth i can beat with G&W is still only rage (<3 jefsamjon).

felix: enjoyed our matches. good stuff.

rok: youre a crew battle cheater but i forgive you good sir. you have friendly reservations at the next gathering. i watched your roy a few times. very good.

c*nt: close matches with felix. bueno. more G&Ws is good. ill teach.

7734: i will be on time next tourny! 9th congrats.

fire: let me know if/when other stuffs goes downs. i crashed and couldnt make it. take your bros advice and dont doubt the 2D beast. oh snap

uman: from what i saw, and definitely from what i heard, your link surpassed my expectations. respect.

rage: been too long. come join the fun with your falcon nairs.

chang/wobbles: simply mewtwo amazingness.

doh: in the 'crew battle' you werent supposed to take 2 stock off of me in like 30 seconds. good stuff.

drew/chris: didn't play. but enjoyed watching yalls set.

KuroYami

Smash Apprentice
uman: from what i saw, and definitely from what i heard, your link surpassed my expectations. respect.

thanks man, i wish i could of played you, but ohs wells.

truly, im realy glad, and at the same time suprised to see so many smashers that like my link. i love the respect, thankz , u-guys are awsome.:):laugh::grin::chuckle:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ATTN: Bluezaft/Chris/Bluemarthman

Bluezaft.

Epic MM at FS2?

Go go go.

:):):)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
go 2 sleep hylian lol
In the past 3 weeks I haven't gone to sleep before 5 am.

I can't help it >_>. If I try to sleep I just lay in bed for hours thinking about stuff.

felix45

Smash Lord
hai guyz

so I'll be going to my last big melee tourney this upcoming weekend in new mexico, and I wanna practice up to be able to play even better. anyone have any tips for my fox? I asked some ppl on AIM already but more help doesn't hurt at all :)

me 2 man me 2 it really sucks lol
I cant get no sleep...

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
hai guyz

so I'll be going to my last big melee tourney this upcoming weekend in new mexico, and I wanna practice up to be able to play even better. anyone have any tips for my fox? I asked some ppl on AIM already but more help doesn't hurt at all :)

I cant get no sleep...
How well do you wavedash out of shines? If you can do that consistently, you can get the shine to combo into almost anything, which, I believe, is the reason it's reputed to be the best move in the game. You hit with the shine frequently enough, so the next step is comboing out of it every time you hit it.

Yes, I realize this is advice coming from someone who seldom beats you. But you did ask, and I know this through doing my homework. (watching high-level Fox players.)

All that aside, stay calm and play the way you know you can. Don't get tense. That may help you avoid falling victim to what I believe is your greatest weakness: suicides.

felix45

Smash Lord
i started randomly doing shine combos last tourney to characters that can be shine comboed. only some characters can be and I already know which ones but thanks for the tip anyways.

I cant do thunders combo tho.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
I think I've proven to Swift, LG and a few others that I have a fairly decent Fox when I play with him. So, besides what we talked about Felix, let me offer up some advice plus tell the community something else!

With Fox, I normally try to use nuetral airs and then shine afterwards as to not get shield grabbed or some other attack out of shield; since his shine comes out on the very first frame I believe, and can be jump canceled on the 3rd frame animation.

People like Marth/Peach/Shiek, Link ETC. You can wave shine and grab or shine drill across the stage fairly easily; and Fox is not at a disadvantage with anyone he fights really. Most Fox's rely on the combo "U-Throw to U-Smash". They don't use their downsmash a lot, and they seldomly laser if they can't double laser. Here's my suggestions from fighting your Fox (Now that I've had more time to think).

You dash dance and grab VERY well. But a few times I got some insane combo's on you cause you didn't D.I. away and missed critical tech points which allowed you to bounce up and be combo'd, work on tech'ing Marth and Roy's early grab moves. Next, Learn to Jump Cancel shine into a short-hopped nuetral air. Learn how to use your bair into wave shine. Learn to "jab > Grab" and "jab>U-smash", works wonders. Learn more combos that incorporate u-tilt into u-air. and u-tilt to dair to u-smash and what not. Practice different combos. Also, since you always go for U-air with fox, sometimes you don't want to do that, and instead wait to set up a Bair or a nair to get them off the stage. Also, when you're trying to shien spike off the edge. Learn to drop down and JC shine into a nair back onto the stage to prevent them from recovering if you miss the shine!

SMASH COMMUNITY!

I'm not sure when "Final ****" #2 is. But I'm looking for someone that will give me a ride if you're going. Also, I want to know if I qualify for the A-Team yet for Dallas that's going down there! And if not, what requirements do I have to fill out to make that A-team.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
what requirements do I have to fill out to make that A-team.
First you'll need to fill out an application. Applications are located in the Electronic Recreation Planning Office in downtown Austin. Remember to bring a photo ID, Social Security card, and $15 for the application fee.

You'll then have to sit a DFW Crew Planning Action Committee meeting. These are held every Monday at 4 am in the men's bathroom of a randomly assigned building in Fort Worth. Remember to bring $18 and a raccoon skin for meeting dues.

Following the meeting, you'll be required to place high in tournaments and 4-stock DoH at least twice, as I have. You also might want to pray that Drew and Chang end up not going. Remember to bring $40 and those pink-frosted sugar cookies for bribery purposes.

This is what happens when you can't sleep. Don't let it happen to you!

EDIT: In DoH's thread for the Dallas tourney vids, you'll notice the Marth ditto MM between me and Rok. Don't blame me, it wasn't my idea.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
You also have to make Bluezaft cry and shout, "What the hell is wrong with you!?!" as I have.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
He's probably already done that.... And he didn't need to pull 4 stitches, 2 Saturns, a beam sword, and a bomb in like 2 matches to do it. I'm surprised you haven't started pulling legendary pokemon and wire frame allies.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
He's probably already done that.... And he didn't need to pull 4 stitches, 2 Saturns, a beam sword, and a bomb in like 2 matches to do it. I'm surprised you haven't started pulling legendary pokemon and wire frame allies.
im not gonna lie, that just made my morning lol

XD

Smash Journeyman
hai guyz

I cant get no sleep...
I know all the NM smashers. They dont pwn face like us Dallas smashers! Just look out for Golden Glove, Sinz and Alphabravo. You will do well I think!
ps- tell them Nigg@z I said Wazzaap!

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
BLUE

Let it be a known fact that me, RoK, is going to personally kick your chili-bowl wearing, Chris wedge nerdy 4-eyed glasses wearing *** the next time I see you. I wasn't joking when I said I was going to beat your *** if that video went up, as I didn't even know it was recording. Either get it down; or get ****ed up, it's a clear alternative.

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
forward is going to that tournament >.>

Edit: did they switch the user cp button with the boards button, or M I CRZY?

Edit Edit: I got your back zaft, and RoK does your skill go up or down when they hit the record button?

ENTER MY INFERNO

felix45

Smash Lord
@7734 - ok thanks. looks like I need to MM everyone in NM then if I wanna make up for trip expenses, well except for those names you mentioned. haha I got an idea, I'll just MM everyone I play in tourney for $5 that isn't a top player, that should cover costs for tourney/gas/food/housing yes? :p

@jake - yea they changed it. or maybe we both r crazay. oshiiiii

bluezaft

The True Zaft
BLUE

Let it be a known fact that me, RoK, is going to personally kick your chili-bowl wearing, Chris wedge nerdy 4-eyed glasses wearing *** the next time I see you. I wasn't joking when I said I was going to beat your *** if that video went up, as I didn't even know it was recording. Either get it down; or get ****ed up, it's a clear alternative.
Look at that. Look at the hurtful things you say! It's so mean and...hurtful. And here I was coming to post about how surprised I was to see your sport's apparel company logo:

It was sweet of you to sponsor Jerry's Sporting Goods store, by the way.

Edit Edit: I got your back zaft
Haha, thanks, I appreciate that.

felix45

Smash Lord
lol bluezaft that is awesome. it really does look like RoK, not RBK! niceee

haha you'd really beat someone up over a video? just record/beat bluezaft when he is unaware of it in friendlys to get back at him if it means that much to you.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lmao at RoK threating people. Chris didn't even put those videos online. That's like saying "Blue! If Clinton becomes president then I'm gonna kick your ***!"

lololol.

A little bit childish you think?

And Chris I have your back if this happens to happen at FS2 XD.

Edit: We all know that RoK is just talk though.

Buh

Smash Apprentice
BLUE

Wow. Why are you getting so worked up over a video? It's not like anyone has any respect for you anyway. You've got nothing to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom