• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
: O whaaauuttt happend?

Paula

inb4hardreads
^lol, you would. Actually, I basically got laid off my job (that place seems like it's going out of business :( Sucks for me regardless; that place is awesome), so I gotta hold on to my money for now. Besides, Batou won't have to worry about a spot to go to HOBO 32. Good luck, guys.

DatBass

Smash Cadet
^lol, you would. Actually, I basically got laid off my job (that place seems like it's going out of business :( Sucks for me regardless; that place is awesome), so I gotta hold on to my money for now. Besides, Batou won't have to worry about a spot to go to HOBO 32. Good luck, guys.
First thought: Really surprised that it wasn't your girlfriend cockblocking you from smash again.

That really sucks dude. Hope everything turns out for the best D:
As a side note, since you play Link, couldn't you mow the lawns of Hyrule for rupees? Or look for sunken treasure?

Denti- Good! They don't know what they're missing! >: D

Batou- Looks like we don't have to worry about your carpool (at SoulMaster's expense.. no pun intended).

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
WTF that place just appeared like a couple of months ago o.O

I"ll see if I can pull some strings to get you hired at my place. It's a longer drive but money is money.

Sorry you can't make it. I was looking forward to Jerm vs Aerolink >.>

...you know in case you don't meet up with PJ.....

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
That sucks man that you can't go. :( But don't feel bad for not going. Do what you have to.

On another note, there might be a free tournament Monday at TCC (no prizes however). I might go just to have fun and **** people. Anyone want to come with me?

Denti

Smash Master
So I just had a wacky idea but if you think about it, it makes sense.

So on the Wii U it is going to be backwards compatible right? Thus it can play Brawl (obviously). The Wii U is also going to have free wifi gaming like the Wii. I would imagine that they would improve on the wifi from the Wii (since it was bad overal). SO logicaly shouldn't the Wii U have a superior Brawl wifi as opposed to the Wii? It could be a true legitimate way of training and having legit battles.

The only thing negative about this is that I think it would probably require both players to be using a Wii U to have a great connection, but who knows?

DatBass

Smash Cadet
But that also means that they would do more to sabotage brawl's wifi on the Wii U, wouldn't they? Since Nintendo hates legit competition sooo much, I don't have trouble seeing a future where they make brawl's wifi just as awful as on the Wii U.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Now that I think about, it will probably work exactly the same it has always been. When you actually start a game of Brawl, the server isn't being used. The Wii's are directly connected to each other. It's not going to make a difference. The problem is the Wii itself (which the Wii U will probably emulate when playing Brawl) and bad programming on part of Sakurai's team.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
ALSM: Dang, sorry that had to happen man. Good luck and hope you find a new job.

FW: As you all may have heard already, DMT 8 is coming up. It is on the 25th (Sat) in Lubbock. You all are cordially invited.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Never again will I ever choose Captain Falcon in tournament unless the Match Up is at least somewhat fair and not retardedly against my favor (Yes I realized that's not a word, not giving a fu*ck)

However I am satisfied with things so far. I just need to stop losing to stupid shenanigans.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Dallas Phase tournaments have returned and this time no more Meta Knight!

Phase X-2 on July 2 at FX Game Exchange
- Meta Knight is banned for all events.
- Doubles has been replaced with Theme Teams!

Check out the Tournament Thread for more info.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Fort Worth will not be traveling this weekend. I can't do a carpool atm. Also, my schedule is free for today, so expect Problemo and me to show up, Infi~. I'll see if Batou wants to tag along.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Aerolink.....no offense but you try too hard. Let loose...have some fun...

If you feel like you need to play serious games all day, invest in an adapter and go get on wifi.

Our smashfests needs to have a balanced mix of fun and serious matches. Do you think Problemo picks Bowser to prove anything? It's hilarious and it's fun to mix it up, so maybe you should try it too.

DatBass

Smash Cadet
"Wifi is an abusive lover.." said a wise man once upon a time. It's really good practice but I can't count the times I've seen Denti rage quit.

The Ganon challenge is my favorite! But honestly, SoulMaster baby, what's practicing seriously going to do for you anyways? What are you honing your skills for? It's not like your girlfriend will let you show up for a tourney anyways. :awesome:

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
"Wifi is an abusive lover.." said a wise man once upon a time. It's really good practice but I can't count the times I've seen Denti rage quit.

The Ganon challenge is my favorite! But honestly, SoulMaster baby, what's practicing seriously going to do for you anyways? What are you honing your skills for? It's not like your girlfriend will let you show up for a tourney anyways. :awesome:
Whoa too much sting lol....Paula is understanding, but there will be times that he''ll drop the controller to be with her, which isn't a bad thing...

Also plz don't ask me to play your Link with my Captain Falcon. I've played the MU too much and I"m bored of it.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Aerolink.....no offense but you try too hard. Let loose...have some fun...

If you feel like you need to play serious games all day, invest in an adapter and go get on wifi.

Our smashfests needs to have a balanced mix of fun and serious matches. Do you think Problemo picks Bowser to prove anything? It's hilarious and it's fun to mix it up, so maybe you should try it too.
Actually, I'm not trying, I'm doing. I don't mind the non-serious mess-around games, but after awhile I start to want to actually practice and play to learn. Just today, when I went to go pick up my stuff at Infinity's, we sat down and played for awhile; it felt good to get some practice in, and I did have fun, especially with the lulzy moments that happened ingame. I don't need wifi to get better at this game. Every player is different in how they improve their gameplay. I'm gonna get there sooner or later. :)

looool. My gf doesn't stop me from going to tournies. I choose not to to hang with her. Also, I won't be missing any more tournies around here. :)

Whoa too much sting lol....Paula is understanding, but there will be times that he''ll drop the controller to be with her, which isn't a bad thing...

Also plz don't ask me to play your Link with my Captain Falcon. I've played the MU too much and I"m bored of it.
Actually, you haven't been playing that MU "too much" since like the Collateral Damage days. We rarely play each other. Just saying that statement is false.

Top Bottom