• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
cool guys now i'll have someone to carpool with

only one person here in lewisville goes to them. and he's asian

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Sorry for getting so late on this Fort Worth, but I've been thinking about hosting a smash fest. I don't know exactly when I will do it, but I can do it as soon as Friday, May 15th. I live at 2421 Via Palermo (will make directions and apartment number when this is better organized) in Fort Worth. I live like 5 minutes away from Serious Cat's place.

Q:"Why should I be interested in this smashfest?"
A: Two, big, lag free HDTVs (one with a surround sound system) and also FREE FOOD! We will be either barbecuing or ordering pizza.

EDIT: Oh, btw. My place is also near Hulen street and TCU an even better idea of where I live.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for getting so late on this Fort Worth, but I've been thinking about hosting a smash fest. I don't know exactly when I will do it, but I can do it as soon as Friday, May 15th. I live at 2421 Via Palermo (will make directions and apartment number when this is better organized) in Fort Worth. I live like 5 minutes away from Serious Cat's place.

Q:"Why should I be interested in this smashfest?"
A: Two, big, lag free HDTVs (one with a surround sound system) and also FREE FOOD! We will be either barbecuing or ordering pizza.

EDIT: Oh, btw. My place is also near Hulen street and TCU an even better idea of where I live.
dude i'll be living in that are close to that area

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
The next Sanji's Monthly Smashfest will be a special one. I will be hosting a Brawl tournament at my house in Azle, TX. $7 Entry fee with five going to the pot and the rest going to pizza and drinks for participants only.

How this will work:

1. There is a 32 man cap to the tournament. First to register, first into the tournament

2. If there is more than 17 players, but less than the cap, we will have a straight up SINGLE elimination tournament. This is considering the fact that there will be at best only a handful of set ups in one room(about three) and I want the tournament to run quickly.

3. If we meet the cap or if there is less than 16 players, then there will be four pools played with a semifinal bracket. Double elimination bracket for the cap, and Round Robin for the other.

4. This applies if there is less than 16 players, but if there is a odd number. Let's make one thing clear, I seed based on location. Therefore, I will seed the tournament based on where you live in respect that loop 820 is a pie cut by I-35 and I-30. Meaning that if you live south of I-30, but east if I-35, but your friend lives to the north of I-30, there is a chance that you may be paired together in pools. If you live along I-35 or I-30, then you will be checked to Google Maps for your precise location for purposes of seeding.

With that said, if there is a odd man out, then he will be seeded to the semi final bracket automatically to play in a play-in match with the person out of pools with the worse record. Standard match rules apply.

5. Coin flip will determine the higher seed according to MLG rules. I will call your match twice. When I say that your match is on deck, then we will conduct the coin flip to determine the seed.

6. MLG gaming rules apply for general game rules.

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
Hobo 24 results and vids.

2vs2(low tier)

SPLIT 1: Espy+K Prime==:zelda:+:jigglypuff:
SPLIT 2: Lee Martin+Gnes==:ike:+:jigglypuff:/:mario2:
3: Razer + Xyro==:jigglypuff:+:samus2:
4: Ozz + Trela==:mario2:+:samus2:
5: Alsm + Batou==:link2:+:falcon:
5: Furbs+Dao==:yoshi2:+:jigglypuff:
7: Grayfox + Smoom==:zelda:+:link2:
7: P4+Kuro==:jigglypuff:+:ike:
9: Tesh+pi==:ganondorf:+:ike:

1vs1(mid tier)

SPLIT 1: Espy==:sonic:
SPLIT 2: Lee Martin==:toonlink:
3: Esca==:pit:
4: Jerm==:toonlink:
5: K Prime==:fox:
5: Suspect==:kirby2:/:luigi2:
7: Razer==:fox:
7: Tesh==:sonic:
9: Viper==:pit:
9: Dao==:dk2:
9: Ozz==:wolf:
9: Trela==:pt:
13: Kovu
13: Tevin==:peach:
13: Smoom==:peach:/:shiek:
13: Greyfox
17: Furbs==:kirby:
17: Vt==:zerosuitsamus:

1vs1

SPLIT 1: Razer==:snake:
SPLIT 2: Gnes==:diddy:
SPLIT 3: Lee Martin==:metaknight:
4: Trela==:lucario:
5: JNig==:wario:
5: Ozz==:falco:
7: Jermz==:toonlink:
7: K Prime==:pikachu2:
9: Dao==:metaknight:/:marth:
9: shadow==:toonlink:
9: Espy==:sonic:
9: Hyro==:toonlink:
13: Xyro==:samus2:/:rob:
13: RT==:lucario:
13: Alsm==:link2:
13: Denti==:olimar:

17: Viper==:falco:/:marth:/:pit:
17: P4==:metaknight:
17: Esca==:metaknight:/:pit:
17: Kuro==:snake:
17: Ran==:marth:/:snake:
17: Echo==:olimar:
17: Kovu==:snake:
17: Cxc==:falco:
25: Gamma==:dk2:
25: Tevin==:peach:
25: Greyfox==:zelda:/:falco:
25: Smoom==:popo:
25: Omega
25: Since
25: Sigma
25: Leaf==:pikachu2:
33: Vt==:zerosuitsamus:
33: Tallman==:lucas:
33: Tesh==:sonic:
33: Zeta==:popo:
33: Blaine==:samus2:
33: Alpha
33: Furbs==:yoshi2:
33: Mkc

2vs2

1: Razer + Gnes==:snake:+:diddy:
2: Lee Martin + Esca==:metaknight:/:gw:+:pit:
3: Ozz + Trela==:marth:+:lucario:
4: Espy + K Prime==:sonic:+:pikachu2:
5: Hyro + Jnig==:toonlink:+:wario:
5: Jerm + Dao==:toonlink:+:diddy:
7: Xyro + Kuro==:rob:+:snake:
7: Denti + Alsm==:olimar:+:link2:
9: Kovu + Echo==:snake:+:olimar:

9: Furbs + Smoom==:metaknight:/:yoshi2:+:popo:/:diddy:
9: Tevin + Viper

Money Match:
Xyro (Samus) vs. ALSM (Link) 1
Xyro (Samus) vs. ALSM (Link) 2
Xyro (Samus) vs. ALSM (Link) 3
Xyro (Samus) vs. ALSM (Link) 4

Fort Worth is highlighted in bold.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
so let me get this straight here is gonna be a tourny in Ft worth now

dude i cant wait i leave here on the 28

so are you guys gonna throw me a party?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
The next Sanji's Monthly Smashfest will be a special one. I will be hosting a Brawl tournament at my house in Azle, TX. $7 Entry fee with five going to the pot and the rest going to pizza and drinks for participants only.

How this will work:

1. There is a 32 man cap to the tournament. First to register, first into the tournament

2. If there is more than 17 players, but less than the cap, we will have a straight up SINGLE elimination tournament. This is considering the fact that there will be at best only a handful of set ups in one room(about three) and I want the tournament to run quickly.

3. If we meet the cap or if there is less than 16 players, then there will be four pools played with a semifinal bracket. Double elimination bracket for the cap, and Round Robin for the other.

4. This applies if there is less than 16 players, but if there is a odd number. Let's make one thing clear, I seed based on location. Therefore, I will seed the tournament based on where you live in respect that loop 820 is a pie cut by I-35 and I-30. Meaning that if you live south of I-30, but east if I-35, but your friend lives to the north of I-30, there is a chance that you may be paired together in pools. If you live along I-35 or I-30, then you will be checked to Google Maps for your precise location for purposes of seeding.

With that said, if there is a odd man out, then he will be seeded to the semi final bracket automatically to play in a play-in match with the person out of pools with the worse record. Standard match rules apply.

5. Coin flip will determine the higher seed according to MLG rules. I will call your match twice. When I say that your match is on deck, then we will conduct the coin flip to determine the seed.

6. MLG gaming rules apply for general game rules.
I'm so interested. =)

so let me get this straight here is gonna be a tourny in Ft worth now

dude i cant wait i leave here on the 28

so are you guys gonna throw me a party?
Look at the quote above. Yes we should throw you an arrival to Ft. Worth smashfest party. I'm serious about planning this. I'll set a date.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I have access to a building with 100 person capacity. I'm willing to put in the money for the building's rental fees if and only if there is more people willing to drive out to Azle for my tournament.

If I do rent the building, I will remove the cap that is currently in place for my tournament, but I will slap on a $15 venue fee to help cover the rental, but I will waive the food portion of the entry fee.

Here's why. I have to place a $100 deposit to secure the building for the tournament. On top of that, I have to pay $27 for every hour that I use the building UPFRONT! I plan on renting the building for five hours for a grand total of $135. That is a grand total of $235 that I must pay before I can use the building. I do get the deposit back if the building is CLEAN when I am finished with it, however.

I plan on spending $235 for the event if more people are willing to drive the little distance my direction, so carefully weigh your options. $15 venue fee or a 32 man cap.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
hey what are you guys doing tomarrow?

im gonna be in fort worth tomarrow job hunting in the morning

but after that im gonna be free any of you free to hang out?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I haven't been in this thread much lately because of finals and life interfering, but now I'm back! Well, sorry that I didn't get off the smashfest by the early date. Work is still being a pain scheduling wise.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Three questions:

1.) When is the next Problem2 smashfest?
2.) Has a date been set for the next Sanji's Monthly?
3.) Is there a Fort Worth Melee community?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Problemo's Smashfest!
???!
Keep in mind this is not a routine smashfest and it will not happen every week.

2421 Via Palermo, Fort Worth TX
Apartment #1411 (Villa's at Oak Hill Apartments)
Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2421 ...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Directions:
Coming from I-30, head down south on S. Hulen St. until you reach Bridgeview Drive on the left. (it should be just after a little road construction on a bridge). Then turn left at the stop sign and go down the road until you see the apartment gates on the left.

Coming from I-20 or further south, go up North on S. Hulen St. until you pass a Walgreen's on the right. Look for Bridgeview Drive on the right after the 2 consecutive stop lights. Take it, and then turn left at the stop sign and go down the road until you see the apartment gates on the left.

Time:
3pm - ??? (probably late)

Phone number:
YOU WILL NEED THIS TO GET IN!!
817-627-7907

IMPORTANT: HOW TO GET IN
When you get to the apartments, call my number on your phone so that I can come let you in. (If you can piggy back off of someone else getting in when there is no security on duty, you can usually do that and get away with it. SHHHHH!!!)

Parking may be a pain if there is a lot of people. You can only park in unroofed areas.

BTW, there will be pizza.

TheWinged

Smash Rookie
E.X.2 is also on May 22nd and I was planning to go to that so I doubt I'll show up to your smashfest unless I can't find a way up to denton. And there's a melee community in ft worth...somewhere...hiding in the shadows, considering darkrain and D'oH live here. lol.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
E.X.2 is also on May 22nd and I was planning to go to that so I doubt I'll show up to your smashfest unless I can't find a way up to denton. And there's a melee community in ft worth...somewhere...hiding in the shadows, considering darkrain and D'oH live here. lol.
oh yeah... asdfghj. :s

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Problemo's Smashfest!
???!
Keep in mind this is not a routine smashfest and it will not happen every week.

2421 Via Palermo, Fort Worth TX
Apartment #1411 (Villa's at Oak Hill Apartments)
Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2421 ...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Directions:
Coming from I-30, head down south on S. Hulen St. until you reach Bridgeview Drive on the left. (it should be just after a little road construction on a bridge). Then turn left at the stop sign and go down the road until you see the apartment gates on the left.

Coming from I-20 or further south, go up North on S. Hulen St. until you pass a Walgreen's on the right. Look for Bridgeview Drive on the right after the 2 consecutive stop lights. Take it, and then turn left at the stop sign and go down the road until you see the apartment gates on the left.

Time:
3pm - ??? (probably late)

Phone number:
YOU WILL NEED THIS TO GET IN!!
817-627-7907

IMPORTANT: HOW TO GET IN
When you get to the apartments, call my number on your phone so that I can come let you in. (If you can piggy back off of someone else getting in when there is no security on duty, you can usually do that and get away with it. SHHHHH!!!)

Parking may be a pain if there is a lot of people. You can only park in unroofed areas.

BTW, there will be pizza.
I don't remember ever seeing a date? What day are you planning this on?

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking...

Brawl- will only be played at my place on Fridays, unless I really wanna play vBrawl. (My Smashfests are called Hackfest after all).

So here are my rules, DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. My Hackfests are purely for fun, relaxation, and enjoyment. If you come over with the intention to play competitively or seriously, you're at the wrong Smashfest. *cough* ALSM *cough*

Please, anyone who comes to these, have fun.

Although no one shows up anyways.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
You know I would show up but considering the "circumstances" you already know.
I might just show up after akon alot more.

Top Bottom