• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Daily Smashfest at UMass Boston (Weekdays)

SilverBlaze

Smash Apprentice
Except that WPI is a college filled with hundreds of 18+ geeky tech students probably dying to play this game.

I'm catching the commuter rail out of South at 7:50 am and going straight to WPI. I will hopefully be at the hall by 9:30, latest 9:45. If there isn't a line at the time, I'll chill out and walk around the area for a bit, but not too far. I'm dragging some friends along, and also meeting a friend of mine from UMass Amherst there.

If a morning train isn't your thing though, there are other trains that get into Worcester at 1 and 2 pm.

thedarkhand

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm a smash player from mass, ganon main, and I was wondering if your guys are still in class around St. Patrick's Day. I'm on vacation and I'm not a n00b, I practice with d20, swift, Takiedinne, and I've played renth a couple times.

Dark_Cloud

Smash Apprentice
This died when umass had vacation, but we have a good amount a people there now. We don't have a dedicated Wii for the gameroom though so we depend on someone bringing one in for there to be brawl now. We still have a good turnout almost everyday though.

Joe P.

Smash Rookie
Wow, I went into the game room today after ages of not bothering in there and had no idea this stuff was going on. Didn't think there was a smash community lurking about UMB up until the heads up from hitension . If I didn't have to go to class, I woulda joined in for a match or two, heh.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Hmm... If Joe P goes, I must go as well.

Actually, I'll probably be coming regularly next month, after AP tests. No Chem = more free time, plus Boston means parkour spots which means win.

Dark_Cloud

Smash Apprentice
http://game.neolain.com/

Un-official forums for the game room. Really new so not many posts, but some people go there who don't do smashboards. Plus it has information about all the other things that go on in the game room. (Or it will soon xD)

nytejade

Smash Cadet
I live in Taunton, and I have a hard time finding people to play. I'm not really friends with many gamers offline.

Are you still having smashfests at UMB? And I don't mean 2 or 3 games, I mean a few hours of smashing. I need to find some people to play with locally. I'm pretty good (Brawl).

If there are specific times when a lot of people are around, that would be good to know, since it's about a 40 minute drive for me.

I'm planning to attend EVO 2008, so offline practice is a must, as the input queue is removed.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I live in Taunton, and I have a hard time finding people to play. I'm not really friends with many gamers offline.

Are you still having smashfests at UMB? And I don't mean 2 or 3 games, I mean a few hours of smashing. I need to find some people to play with locally. I'm pretty good (Brawl).

If there are specific times when a lot of people are around, that would be good to know, since it's about a 40 minute drive for me.

I'm planning to attend EVO 2008, so offline practice is a must, as the input queue is removed.
yeah, we're around everyday from 10am-late-ish (6 I think, I leave at 4)

just come by XD (40 minutes isn't that bad...it takes me more than that, and I go there daily for...class...(*cough* brawl)

BUM163

Smash Lord
Every wednesday and thursday is training grounds at web2zone. from melee to brawl, to tekken 5 to street fighter, come to play and train with other players. Fridays are brawl weeklys which every week has been 40 plus. You have any questions pm me here or hit me up on aim which is oni163. this is in nyc

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@zach: matt comes for MMs, sometimes, and I here that steve still shows up. But there are always people there (though not enough for me to bring my cube in unless given a reason >_> unfortunately)

Top Bottom