• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Daily Smashfest at UMass Boston (Weekdays)

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Yeah, you laugh. I actually do. I started over the summer, now I do rock climbing or parkour every day (Mon, Wed, Thurs for rock climbing, and I parkour whenever I see a good obstacle or feel like practicing).

The injury is from my innate inability to do kong vaults, and I tried doing one on a concrete bench and tore a nice cut in my right shin when it didn't get high enough. I've spent the last couple days working on them, and I almost have them.

Yeah, aside from games, I skateboard, rock climb, and do parkour. I also play some good DDR, although not recently. No one knows this stuff, since I look like I can't do anything physical. But tis not the case.

Anyways, I like going off topic. And being defensive.
rofl @ the image of Questor doing parkour

ha jk that's cool man keep it up. I skated so much in college and wrecked I have no clue how I didn't seriously injure myself.

All of you need to come to SNF4 in Rhode Island this weekend!

riff town

Smash Rookie
good **** today, gonna try to make it out there more

anyone wants to come smash at emerson drop me an im - my screenname is riff town

St. Viers

Smash Champion
*bump*

also, I'll be taking my cube tomorrow (wednesday) at around 4:15-4:30.

So unless you will be there before then, you'll be disappointed ^_^

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind smashing at Emerson some time either...think of the possibilities...

St. Viers

Smash Champion
*bump* ^_^

@crazykirby--yeah figure a way to get here sometime...get you some experience before MM6 XD

@Elen--you're still never gonna show up when I'm there, as you'd have to come pretty late anyways, iirc.

plus, if we have enough controllers, people can take the ganon challenge. No disrespect towards gimpy, magnus and all, of course--their booser challenge was the first and best. We have nowhere near pro skills, but it's still kinda fun.

krazykirby

Smash Apprentice
The C! It burns! But ya, I've gotta smash with people before MM6. Otherwise I'll be the loner in the corner, occasionally giving people the evil eye. >_> But not really. I'll try to go to UMass eventually, but it most likely won't be for awhile. Still, MM6 woo!

SilverBlaze

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely going to drop in on one of these, hopefully before break. Dark Cloud, when does Umass Boston end classes?

SilverBlaze

Smash Apprentice
Well, if anyone is up for some weekend smashes, feel free to come up to Tufts. I have a fair sized t.v. that we could use to get some game on. If you can pull Umass, you can pull Tufts - Red Line, Davis Square.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Any details on the time/location? I've practiced a bit but I'm pretty sure the fastest way to get better is to play new people.

SilverBlaze

Smash Apprentice
Well, I won't get back from work until 2ish. So how does around 4 pm sound? I can meet people in Davis Square right outside the T stop because directions might be a bit tricky.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Well, if anyone is up for some weekend smashes, feel free to come up to Tufts. I have a fair sized t.v. that we could use to get some game on. If you can pull Umass, you can pull Tufts - Red Line, Davis Square.

You host smash stuff at Tufts? What dorm...better be in the nice lounge in South....<_<
I go to Tufts :)

SilverBlaze

Smash Apprentice
I play with a few kids in my wing at Lewis. Myself and two others are pretty good, with the rest of the kids being utterly terrible. It's fun though. I'll be around all day, (Lewis 212) if anyone feels like stopping by. I would hardly call it hosting - I'm just the only guy with a Wii and SSBM.

However, I'm all for starting up a hosting schedule to get more people involved. We could set up tv's and wii/gc's in the lounge.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Video thread

So pretty much it takes a wicked long time to upload vids, but pretty much daily I should be putting vids up. I don't think I can get all of them, unless I just stop recording while I spend like 3 weeks getting a day's worth up.

Thanks for the compliment, Matt--ur getting better too XD

St. Viers

Smash Champion
it's done. I think the game room closed friday.

I'm not sure if GR opnes during the winter classes, but it will be back in jan/feb sometime

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
just FYI for anyone who doesn't know and would like to know, the game room is now open again as school is in session.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
naw, now it's on powerthirst! oh wait....

Actually, no, I fixed it, and learned to space and dblfair consistently and stuff. I went up against Banks and Yandr at MM7 tho, so my run was cut short.

I might even have those mindgame things.

krazykirby

Smash Apprentice
Cog, I saw your beard. I was intimidated. But now that you've shaved it off, I just might have to MM you. And lose, but still! At least it will be a clean (shaven) fight.

C WUT I DID THAR?

SilverBlaze

Smash Apprentice
Hey, is anyone here going to the tournament at WPI on 3/1? I'm at Tufts and could really use a ride.

NathanSucksatSSB

Smash Cadet
I was thinking of going to the WPI tournament also. I'm at Berklee College of Music in Downtown Boston (Back Bay), and it'd be dope to go with some other smash players if possible. I wasn't considering going but according to people from the LA tournament its 18+ to compete so I'm guessing it wouldn't be as impossible to get into the first 256 as I thought it would be.

Top Bottom