• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Daily Smashfest at UMass Boston (Weekdays)

Dark_Cloud

Smash Apprentice
Lately I have had a lot of motivation to improve, and a lack of smashfests. Something that has been going on for a long time have been that smashfests at umass or whatever you may call them. Just about everyday (when school is in session) there are people playing smashbrothers in the gameroom on the tv in the back. There is usually about 5 or 6 people there everyday or so and I am looking to make this number grow so there is just a common place we can all go at any given time to get some training.

This is my first time posting about something like this so I will try and copy the format I usually see.

WHAT: Mini smashfests at the UMass Boston gameroom. (the tv/s in the back)

WHEN: Mon-Thurs 1pm-8pm Fri 1pm-4:30pm (When school is in session)

WHERE: UMass Boston Gameroom (Take the redline to the UMass stop and proceed upstairs to the shuttle) The gameroom is on the first floor past the stairs and on the left.

Directions = http://www.umb.edu/parking_transport/directions.html

If you have any questions you can contact me and I will give you more info.

aim: D4rkClowd

schoolsux728

Smash Rookie
If i can go there everyday without a problem then sure. I just need get my monthly pass for train and bus and no problem with me.
:D

yes matt wants to win back his $20 from yesterday's match lol

mkaster

Smash Rookie
yeah u just walk in, anyone welcome.. I don't even go to umass myself lol

EDIT: hah I didnt realize I wasnt on my account (darkcloud)

St. Viers

Smash Champion
lol yeah...if a couple people want to come, feel free. It's how I practice. Different people to play would be cool.

My cube is there even if I'm not, the entire time the GR is open.

@STFU.N00b--you want money from this? lol why?

Just come in. If you enter the main doors (campus center), walk down past the help desk, past the ATM, and take a left.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
lol yeah...if a couple people want to come, feel free. It's how I practice. Different people to play would be cool.

My cube is there even if I'm not, the entire time the GR is open.

@STFU.N00b--you want money from this? lol why?

Just come in. If you enter the main doors (campus center), walk down past the help desk, past the ATM, and take a left.
Because I'm the resident PWNER there.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
100 Morrissey blvd.

or just take the train (gasp ;) ) to jfk/UMASS and take the shuttle from there.

mkaster

Smash Rookie
*shrug* I prefer to drive.
You mean you prefer to BE DRIVEN... Seriously the T is much more fun than being driven.

Just like darkcloud said, go there! Jack and Matt, tell me when you plan on going so I can meet you guys! I go there just to hang out with people. The game room opens at 10 and there are a lot of better people there already earlier in the day. The also have guitar hero there so in case you wanna do something while waiting your turn, you can wait for your turn in another game! lol
(this is not darkcloud, this is mkaster this time)

St. Viers

Smash Champion
then go get one nub...<_<

anywho, if elen comes, everyone prepare to get crushed.

$1 money match with him, 1stock vs my 4, Fox vs. Doc--whenever he shows up.

schoolsux728

Smash Rookie
lol then go get one nub?
if i have $80 i would already. but yeahh.
eric you going there?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@nuro. there isn't too much more info...
I believe he's trying to get a tournie at UMass arranged, but not sure.

Dark_Cloud

Smash Apprentice
I usually don't go on Mondays because I have class late.. but I'll be around there sometime after 8 lol.. most of the smashers are gone by then tho =(

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I went on Friday.. Vince has a nice car.

Probably gonna go tomorrow

Me and that black samus player (sorry dunno his name) ***** in teams. So freaking hard
lmfao

St. Viers

Smash Champion
lol, practice for the PSAT's? Just wing it...thats what I did and I was still in the 97th precentile <_<

play smash instead...;)

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I know the PSAT is a trap, my parents won't let me go anywhere till I do a practice test though.

Ah well, I'll just spar with my friends today. With swords. Cuz its fun.

meatpopsicle

Smash Apprentice
Is this only during the weekdays? I live in Providence, which is pretty close to Boston, but I'm pretty busy during the week except on Fridays. If weekdays are the only times available, Friday is my best bet, but I'm still interested in going.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
**** the PSATS, I'm not taking that ****.

Oh, and you guys are getting better..
That samus player is awesome to play, I really hope he learns how to wavedash and everything. He could become quite good!

Dark_Cloud

Smash Apprentice
Is this only during the weekdays? I live in Providence, which is pretty close to Boston, but I'm pretty busy during the week except on Fridays. If weekdays are the only times available, Friday is my best bet, but I'm still interested in going.
The game room closes early on Fridays.

I saw this more as an "if your in the area its a cool place to come play smash."

You certianly welcome to come, but it hardly seems worth it if your coming from providence. Espically if its on a friday since the game room closes at 4:30 that day.

Taktikz

Smash Cadet
its mad fun playin over there especially getting tourney practice. The Knee is a beast with Falcon!!! OMG so many knees...so little time. The guy who plays Samus really needs to learn how to wave dash unless he's goin strait to brawl in which they took it out. Matt.Zeb is ill with Falco...I want that one on one with u.

Jigglypuff = gay *** ******* who never dies

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
i'm pretty much waiting for brawl, but i'll drop by since, uh, i go to this school and walk by the Gameroom EVERYDAY. ;)

i'll drop in for a bit tomorrow afternoon.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^Work on WDing! <_< even if it isn't in brawl. Still got a few months. Had fun playing you today.

Top Bottom