• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Da Wolf Pack - Q&A/GD

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Wassup guys. Ganon/Wolf/Mewtwo/ZSS player, hoping to push Wolf'O^D to be the scariest mu to play against

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
IT'S DEAD HERE WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE DISCUSSION?! Am i a wolf without a pack damned to wander the wilderness alone for all eternity? Will my howls forever go unanswered?
I do n-air-> grab sometimes, im pretty sure its not safe but i like it anyways because its an alternative method to running in behind a laser, trust me it's pretty BA. Furthermore, besides the issue wolf losing all momentum coming out of his up b and dropping like a sack of dead babies (that i heard was being addressed) i think wolf is perfectly balanced and doesnt need any changes whatsoever come next update.
However i always felt that wolf should have been able to crawl, just look at his low stance and his crouch he's a wolf for crying out loud he should be on all fours more. I also think red or purple lasers would be a nice aesthetic only change to his blaster.
Thoughts?

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
IT'S DEAD HERE WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE DISCUSSION?! Am i a wolf without a pack damned to wander the wilderness alone for all eternity? Will my howls forever go unanswered?
I do n-air-> grab sometimes, im pretty sure its not safe but i like it anyways because its an alternative method to running in behind a laser, trust me it's pretty BA. Furthermore, besides the issue wolf losing all momentum coming out of his up b and dropping like a sack of dead babies (that i heard was being addressed) i think wolf is perfectly balanced and doesnt need any changes whatsoever come next update.
However i always felt that wolf should have been able to crawl, just look at his low stance and his crouch he's a wolf for crying out loud he should be on all fours more. I also think red or purple lasers would be a nice aesthetic only change to his blaster.
Thoughts?
I've been told to shine grab a lot after blaster. Also yeah, it's very dead here, we need to spark up more discussion. Regarding Wolf being balanced, I think he seems a little weak in areas, but that's maybe because I suck and I haven't tapped into his potential enough yet. He's really fun to play, but I've been playing Fox recently and most people I play against say I should play Fox; but I believe that's because of Fox's inherently good punish game; while it's somewhat harder to punish with Wolf imo. I dunno just my two cents at the moment.

bellocan

Smash Rookie
I think Wolf is fine as is, and don't see a need for a buff or nerf in my opinion. His punish game is great, ground game is good enough, and he has an easy time against fast fallers and midweights. A nerf isn't necessary, and a buff would make me wonder what they could improve that's lacking.

though im sad they reduced the knockback on the upb because that was nutty as hell if you land it on someone who isnt expecting it

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Because Wolf's pre-falling animation out of his upb is so long, he can grab ledges backwards easier than say, fox.

This lets him be able to upb from the middle of Battlefield and grab the ledge. At higher% and at certain positions Wolf might knock
the opponent offstage but at lower% Wolf will just pathetically push them a little and if the Wolf player is unfortunate enuf the upb
will push them right onto the ledge.

TimeMuffinPhD

NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
Anyone know the rule for comboing side-B out of an U-air combo? Always seems like have to shorten it, which I can't do to save my life.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Okay. I try to avoid using UpB a lot because I can never seem to sweet spot it. Is there some way to sweet spot it automatically or do I always have to space it out well? I know if you're coming from above the ledge you have to press up before getting to the ledge but I was wondering If there was something like that for coming from the bottom?

Also any ledge defensive and offensive play advice would be helpful also.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I got a question, when will I be able to have enough hit stun and % to kill with this:
shine> turn around> bair
I guess whenever I get them to kill %?

Last edited:

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Like i have no idea i just used the bair i never looked into it technically it could have one idk.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
Like i have no idea i just used the bair i never looked into it technically it could have one idk.
Yeah it more or less depends on the spacing of the move (I think). So basically the closer you are to the opponent, the weaker Bair's hitbox is.

On another note, can anyone confirm if the sourspot of Fair is as good (or nearly) for juggling characters similarly like Roy can with his uair?

Last edited:

TimeMuffinPhD

NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
Yeah it more or less depends on the spacing of the move (I think). So basically the closer you are to the opponent, the weaker Bair's hitbox is.

On another note, can anyone confirm if the sourspot of Fair is as good (or nearly) for juggling characters similarly like Roy can with his uair?
Yeah similar to how you can do it with most characters B-Airs.

It's definitely able to juggle characters, just not as well as Roy's. I've seen some Wolf's do it, although I don't do it too much myself.

Top Bottom