• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DA gauntlet August 15th Results!!!

Jtails

Smash Lord
thanks for the props ksiz :)

shouts
1. ANTI good stuff ****** all day err day. you're takamura right now!
2. ADHD fun games, you ***** me on neutrals lol. id like to mm you sometime for experience. but im sure we'll meet again in tourny. and eff people who give you **** for no reason.
3. DABUZ ahhh! intense set. lol i choked at the last 8 seconds! i really wish that match was recorded. the whole set rather..
4. JTAILS eliminate your weaknesses, dont take your losses so hard just learn. work on your nerves :D I'm happy at my placing. keep it consistent please.
5:WILL good **** at this! :) that game 3 was clutch!
5:JASH jash homie, it kills me to have to play you :/ win or lose. and sorry i didn't keep my promise, lets split next time :) oh and win doubles ggs
7:ATOMSK good set man, i think you're one of the smartest players ever and i really respect you.
7:BROOD brood-san, we didn't play this time but i would have given it my best if we had! im surprized the little japanese i know i understood and was able to communicate :)
9:RAY i heard your name alot but didnt see you, good job on 9th. say whats up next time
9:FUJITA fun friendlies and great falco! gj almost beating dabuz!
9:SUINOKO suinoko-san! fun friendlies at apex and good stuff in your matches, your diddy was very smart the little that i saw.
9:LIMIT nice bowser, cool seeing you in person. and yea lets get friendlies next time
13:REDX we had some good laughs :)
13:ORION lol @ your shouting against brood! all purples i dont know WTF to do!!!
13:DEVEN host more sessions and keep improving. and stop being a banana!!
13:HELPR im scarred of helper now! haha glad we didnt have to play you'd fsmash me to death! i hope you find time to practice more cause you're deff good :)
17:VIVA vivaaa! good seeing you :) its been so long. hopefully you come to some more tournies!
17:KIRIN kirin! always good seeing you, i saw that snake/mario in action :)
17:CLOVE hi, if you'd like some friendlies next time just ask
17:LINK X good set man, you were beating me up in friendlies and had my worried in brackett.
17:pANE good seeing you :)
17:pSP cool seeing you at another tourny
17:ADUBRODEUS fun stuff when we ate pizza!
25:BLAZE you should come to more tournies! you're really good, and it was cool seeing an underused character

hippie: <3 i hope my words of wisdom helped, and you strive to become a monster!

wes: thanks for hosting, very smoothly run and fun tourny :) also best training partner! without you id still be low lvl.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Please stop lying. Seriously because if that's the case:

WES i got love for ya man, but i REFUSE to attend any Gauntlet/Tourny that forces players to play on laggy TV's. CRT's!!! ONLY!!! =]
nah madu, they were all laggy =/ much respect and love for Wes for trying to help the community out, but $10 venue fee to play on lag and get kicked out early does not bode well with me =/

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
nah madu, they were all laggy =/ much respect and love for Wes for trying to help the community out, but $10 venue fee to play on lag and get kicked out early does not bode well with me =/
Na of course. Good **** Wes for the determination to take this game serious, but **** that really happend... laaaaaame, really really lame. =/

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
1. ANTI - good **** winnning my black father, IF YOU WANT SOME SUPER SEXY SWAG SHADES ILL HOOK U UP BRAH
2. ADHD - ur still ugly in person fgt, FGT!!!!!!!!!!
3. DABUZ - funny pep talk we had lol BROOD SHOULDA BEATEN U YOOO
4. JTAILS- ILY SO MUCH. Shoutouts to Jtails for giving me Shoutout <3
5:WILL- good **** against Trevor, the clutchest kill, i saw you go for that Fair spike on last stock haha.
5:JASH - good job sirrr Jash. i wish i gave u my mental stamina so u can keep going haha. always pleasure seeing you homie
7:ATOMSK- dont get so down in yourself babycakes, everyone is stepping up their game, hope u love the swag shades <3
7:BROOD- MY ASIAN BROTHER!!!!!!! good ****, YOULL GET THAT FIRST PLACE DONT WORRY HOMIE!!. Fun stuff on the train ride, on the way home. I'm glad l was able to help you find housing, in this smash community, u can't be leaving homies hanging like that na meanz?
9:RAY- WIFI WARRIOR
9:FUJITA- good **** in friendlies, it was nice meeting you, you broke me down in friendlies really good haha. Also glad to help you in finding housing, can't be leaving a asian brotha down yo.
9:SUINOKO- Same ^^ Can't be leaving homie down dawg. Hope all of you get safe guys!!!!!!

13:REDX- link is ****
13:ORION- u'll always be beautiful in my eyes........ even when you get monique'd by boi Brood, always beautiful <3

17:VIVA - lol wtf. this guy didnt enter at all, but some how he paid venue for 10, when it was suppose to be 5 for spectating im confuzzed >.<
17:KIRIN- babycakes dont worry, laggy tvs are bs, mad randoms think theyre good nowheredays thanks to the lag

17:pANE - i coulda swore u drove anti home i guess not
17:pSP- **** YOU ****ING WIFI WARRIOR. ****ing toon links on laggy tv, GO AHEAD AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF, DOING CONSTANT BAIR BAIR TO DAIR SON, I PROMISE YOU ON NON LAGGY TV, BLAZE WOULDA WHOOPED YO *** NUGGAH

17:ADUBRODEUS-hi sleep talker
25:BLAZE- i saw that set with that bull**** tl, dont worry about it yo, i forgot to introduce myself lol, but you have soo much potential, your brother tells me you, beat him all the time :] definitely next time i'm gonna help you with the choking problem!!

special shoutouts to Jtails- seriously man, good ****ing **** this tourney, growing as a player, im really happy we had that pep talk, because now i know what it's like to see a player improve so much through results, and then talk to him inperson what it's like from his point of view. But now im mad cuz, i sorta forgot alot of it, wished our convo was written down fml

malcolm- one bad day babycakes dont worry bout it, prepare ur mindset and come to tourney lookin mad fly, THATS HOW U'LL WIN

rookie - for not being here cuz hes a gangsta RAPEEEEEE

d3k- go ahead roll and spotdodge with kirby in laggy *** tv and feel good about it working lolololol

wes- **** tourney, kinda mad @ laggy tvs and leaving early, but its better than nothing i guess.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
who is blaze and what character does he use? I heard the name being called out by Wes but paid no attention to him..

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Well this is what i been talking about I asked EVERYONE BEFORE AND AFTER THE TOURNAMENT, what tvs you guys like and dislike most people said they liked the 4 to 5 main TVs I know the small durable ones component cables are needed (WHICH I WILL GET BY THE TIME THE NEXT GAUNTLET HAPPENS) And as for people leaving the venue at like 8pm you guys have to realize its a business they have to pay rent and pay electricity the whole 9 yrs so us being there and giving the place a 10 dollar venue and playing NON STOP VIDEOGAMES from 12pm until 8pm thats a lot of electricity being used.

Its also amusing people still going to mlg pay a ton more money to go there on tvs that i believe are way more laggy than the ones i provided but yet say nothing and still go, does that make sense? But anyways next gauntlet i will provide the laggy tvs component cables and everything should be fine. But like i said

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Also about having people get out at 8pm thats early to you guys on a sunday? Remember not everyone has either no school or work or the next day and some people have curfews. So me holding it too late makes the venue owner mad and also draws other people away that need to be somewhere at a certain time on Sunday I dont know about you guys but 12pm until 8pm thats 9 hrs of smash for 10 dollars that's a lot of hrs of smash. Sometimes i wish some of you guys would just host a tournament and see how it is.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
The TV's were fine to me.

Well i play Wi-Fi all the time so i can't talk.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Wait, Blaze was Jash's brother?

wtf, I thought he was Arrys...I'm so confused -_______-

Yo, I'm telling you right now. WiFi is nothing like those TV's, it's actually better (yes there was lag but idk, it's just not as bad man). I just played on wifi with a friend and I couldn't do **** wtf

I feel so stupid playing this game now ;___;

Uh, during my set with HelpR, he mentioned something about most of the lag coming from the game not being set on Widescreen or something when people are playing on HDTVs. He said something about having to descale it or w/e, I think he would explain it a lot better than I could ever do.

IDK if it's true or not, but there was a pretty tiny difference when I played him on that TV. Or maybe I was hallucinating. lol

Also Wes, why were you so against us bringing our own TVs/setups? I know your friend brought 4 TVs or however many he brought, but you know, we could have brought our own. Were they prohibited by the store or something?

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Well like i told Gunblade he can have that win out of the 5 other tournament wins tha ti got over him after CRUSHING HIS WHOLE FANTASTIC FOUR CAST OF CHARACTERS AT ALMOST EVERY TOURNAMENT WE PLAYED AT. I KNOW I WAS BURNED OUT AT VCITY BUT ITS ALL GOOD HE CAN HAVE THAT WIN LOL AND TAKE IT. I JUST HOPE THAT IF ME AND YOU FIGHT IN TOURNAMENT KSIZLE YOU DONT LOSE BECAUSE YOU HAVE MORE TO LOSE THAN ME. I WILL EITHER PICK SAMUS/SONIC/ZSS ON YOU IF YOU LOSE TO THOSE CHARACTERS AGAINST EITHER YOUR LUCARIO OR TORNADOKNIGHT YOU SHOULD QUIT SMASH.
I think we have only played 2 or three times and I only used mk and marth. when I won against your sonic I used mk and made you switch to marth of all characters. lol. I proceeded to use DK to 2 stock that. so no matter how bad you are playing that day, you should never lose to my tornado spam mk and DK that I never practice and just did what Cable does from my memory of how he plays. and btw, my mk almost lost to atomsk's ganon in that pool. have a nice day.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
GGs, guys.

Maybe you guys will get me next time. Close set with Anti, though. Almost got me, but I pulled a solid 666 - -3 on him.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
pay electricity the whole 9 yrs so us being there and giving the place a 10 dollar venue and playing NON STOP VIDEOGAMES from 12pm until 8pm thats a lot of electricity being used.
A wii costs approximately half a cent per hour to run (actually slightly more, but less than one cent). A large TV costs about 5 cents per hour to run. Feel free to do the math and see how ABSURD this argument is.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
moment of clarity

A wii costs approximately half a cent per hour to run (actually slightly more, but less than one cent). A large TV costs about 5 cents per hour to run. Feel free to do the math and see how ABSURD this argument is.

I guess We have a "smart guy" in the thread I guess your right next to the guy when he gets his bills in the mail even if you were right let me ask you this how are you going to calculate the rent by how much square feet Jimmy Neutron? And what about other Misc bills too, how would you calculate those expenses? All in all you making an statement like that doesnt solve or prove anything 8hrs of brawl is good and to be home at a good time on a Sunday. Now answer this to me the same people that complain about how they hate this game (you know who you are) but then want complain about how they been there from 12pm to 8pm (9hrs) say thats too lil bit of time? Ive been to some tournaments were they kick people out around about the same time and thats a Saturday they do it. Now if there were no more gauntlets people would ask me to host more and why this and that but yet those are the same people that complain when i try to provide a scene for New york. Way to smack the hand that feeds you.

Anyways I will continue to host gauntlets at the same place and try to make the experience when it comes to everything even the smaller Tvs better. If people come they come if they dont im not going to complain and turn Emo thats not my style. For everyone that has been going to Gauntlets for all these yrs thanks.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
All I said was the electricity argument was bull. I made absolutely no mention of other bills/business making profit/etc.

The venue isn't that great (REALLY laggy TVs, kind of small, no real "comforts"), but I do appreciate the fact that you're trying, really, and I encourage people to attend. I don't think I'll personally attend any Gauntlets, but that wasn't at all the purpose of my post, nor is it at all related to this discussion, and was decided well before I even knew there was another gauntlet being held here. I was simply pointing out an argument I happen to see a lot that is absurd. For all I know, if the venue doesn't charge 10 dollar fee, they can't afford to be open on Sundays. That's entirely possible. But don't let them or anyone else blame it on the electricity bill.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
All I said was the electricity argument was bull. I made absolutely no mention of other bills/business making profit/etc.

The venue isn't that great (REALLY laggy TVs, kind of small, no real "comforts"), but I do appreciate the fact that you're trying, really, and I encourage people to attend. I don't think I'll personally attend any Gauntlets, but that wasn't at all the purpose of my post, nor is it at all related to this discussion, and was decided well before I even knew there was another gauntlet being held here. I was simply pointing out an argument I happen to see a lot that is absurd. For all I know, if the venue doesn't charge 10 dollar fee, they can't afford to be open on Sundays. That's entirely possible. But don't let them or anyone else blame it on the electricity bill.
Well all of the situations i have to deal with when it comes to the venue allowing this and that is not in my hands but anyways hope to see people at the next gauntlet.
This will be the last time I defend/argue/debate about Gauntlet occurrences.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Annoucnement

Viewing from all of the previous posts and comments about Gauntlet this past weekend there wont be anymore gauntlets at this venue until the proper tournament viable equipment are approved. I dont want to have to deal with people complaining about Gauntlets Televisions and i dont want to be viewed as someone who is just saying " screw you guys" and come and play on the laggy tvs and your going to like it. I know how it is to play on laggy tvs the only reason i continued to host there is I asked a bunch of people that i thought i could trust their judgement on the tvs and overall equipment. But sometimes you have to trust your gut. So No more Gauntlets until I settle things for you guys. I'm sorry if everyone thought i was just trying to take their money thats not the case, so as me trying to make up for any Gauntlet wounds i will try and get better tvs into the venue if not then i wont host there anymore.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Btw ADHD, you seem to do better when we dont split... lol.

who besides anti beat jash? and anti was you vs jash close?

also i think im in love with Wes"s posts.
First game, i was at 2 stock high %

Second game, i was at one stock mid %.

Nado spam da bess.

Top Bottom