• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-throw Uair Footstool: 2 ways, both amazing!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It works, it just gets really annoying and sometimes you lose track of going slight down on the 2nd one since you are more rushed with it. It would be good to get a little extra damage.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yep, from 0-999%. D-tilt locks at very low %, and jab locks start at like 70%. Just so you guys know, you can jab and then grab. Its more of a thunders combo than a lock though.

Life

Smash Hero
Do they have forced getup after you QAL them? Because then you can QAL until they get near the ledge, grab as they get up, and do the footstool combo again. And based on the percent list at the beginning, everyone can be footstool combo'd until at least 70%. Which is when the jablock begins working.

Perhaps Worm is closer to the truth than it seems?

EDIT: Nope, QAL doesn't seem to cause forced getup. Although I've noticed something odd when you jab a character that's down when they're too low to percent lock. I think there might be a way to jab once and cause them to get up (instead of standing instantly), setting them up for a regrab. Will investigate in the morning.

SSBBWorm

Smash Cadet
I finally figured out how to quick attack cancel thx esam going one way and down i find to be much, much easier

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Uh....I already know that happens inferiority.

However, the QAL will refresh the moves and it won't really work that long...

Roller

Smash Legend
EDIT: Nope, QAL doesn't seem to cause forced getup. Although I've noticed something odd when you jab a character that's down when they're too low to percent lock. I think there might be a way to jab once and cause them to get up (instead of standing instantly), setting them up for a regrab. Will investigate in the morning.
I lost.

10chars

SSBBWorm

Smash Cadet
Ok so is it just me or is Pika like the hardest character ever to learn... Chaingrabs, buffered chaingrabs, qac, qal, camping, spamming, not even to mention how Pika should be played.

Roller

Smash Legend
Ok so is it just me or is Pika like the hardest character ever to learn... Chaingrabs, buffered chaingrabs, qac, qal, camping, spamming, not even to mention how Pika should be played.
First of all, this may not be the thread to ask this question in. You should check out the PGD (pikachu general discussion). It's our social thread in which the pikas just talk about whatever. (I would have put this Q there or in the Questions/answers thread.)

But yes, pikachu is one of the toughest characters to learn from a techskill perspective. I'd put him in the top 3-4. I also play the ICs, and personally I believe they are more difficult to learn. Because not only are there multiple cgs to learn, with a different weight (and timing) for every character, you also have to buffer them, you have to know when is best to use which, there is also bthrow hobbling, fthrow hobbling, dthrow hobbling, uthrow hobbling (though this one is by no means needed), and the myriad of viable desynching techniques, and what to follow with after desynching.

Falco also has a lot of techniques to learn, as do marth, diddy, and a number of others. So yes, pika has a lot to learn at first, but most characters have at least a good amount of ATs to learn when they are starting out. Don't worry though, eventually many of these techniques will become incredibly easy for you.

SSBBWorm

Smash Cadet
First of all, this may not be the thread to ask this question in. You should check out the PGD (pikachu general discussion). It's our social thread in which the pikas just talk about whatever. (I would have put this Q there or in the Questions/answers thread.)

But yes, pikachu is one of the toughest characters to learn from a techskill perspective. I'd put him in the top 3-4. So yes, pika has a lot to learn at first, but most characters have at least a good amount of ATs to learn when they are starting out. Don't worry though, eventually many of these techniques will become incredibly easy for you.
Thx for not just saying post ... here. Now im on to pivoting and qal, I can do other necessary moves. Unnecessary to respond as this is unrelated to dthrow uair footstool. Soooo.. yeah dthrow uair footstool i gotta learn that too.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If they SDI it mad hard maybe, but I'm pretty sure you still get it if you can follow them.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Listen, I appreciate the effort of making a song but....it is pretty terrible, please stop advertising it >_>

Please keep the discussion relevant to what we are talking about...no tangents. That is what the social thread is for.

SSBBWorm

Smash Cadet
Are there any differences in the two different ways? Or do they both work? And at the same percent. I mean differences other than how you execute.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Do you think it would be easier to set a different button to jump because every time I try to buffer the uair with Y as jump, it doesn't register and I get an usmash.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Do you think it would be easier to set a different button to jump because every time I try to buffer the uair with Y as jump, it doesn't register and I get an usmash.
If you press up+a(even not as a smash up) in the jump frames before leaving the ground, it'll do an up smash.

However, there is hope. You can hold the control stick up very very very VERY slightly and proceed to jump and press a and itll uair instead of canceling into the Up smash.

......And i thought this was a different thread......oh well

All that above applies in a stand still, idk how it works with the Dthrow uair.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah, you have to just hold up really slightly. Practice FH uairing immediately and you will eventually get the finger position right.

Roller

Smash Legend
Any chance somebody can make a gif of this (both methods) going frame by frame, like prime did for the buffered cg?

I am able to perform this somewhat (reverse uair method), but I don't have another player here with me when I'm not at school, so for all I know I could be timing some step of it completely wrong.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Go to training mode and turn the help on. If the combo counter goes up, you are doing it right.

Top Bottom