• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-Smash after teching GW's dthrow

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Okay, you know how GW can tech chase with an up smash I asked my friend to test this and if a GW reads your tech after you get d thrown you can dsmash him before his upsmash hit boxes come out. this only works if you tech left or right.

If anyone else wants to test this please do cus this could be useful... sorta.

If this is already known then please lock this thead, thank you.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Well it would be nice if someone could calculate the frame data

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Don't get grabbed.

Just had to say that lol. Even if there are things you can do, being Dthrown by GaW is a terrifying situation. Pretty sure you're right though about Dsmash coming out first here.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Don't get grabbed.

Just had to say that lol. Even if there are things you can do, being Dthrown by GaW is a terrifying situation. Pretty sure you're right though about Dsmash coming out first here.
His grab range is terribad anyway, lol.

I think Ftilt is better though since it comes out on frame 3 and Dsmash is frame 5. Maybe Nair oos works too

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Tell me about it <____>
k.

So I don't go MK in tourny (occasionally I will but I usually just go all Tink), but last tourny I felt like going all Marth. I made it to loser's semi-finals, played a Lucario, got him on his fresh last stock while I had my fresh second stock, and he brought it back by rolling and Fsmash/Aurasphere. This was offline mind you and I felt dumb/annoyed :dizzy:. I went MK as won the next three games in a row (we did a friendly). I won losers Finals against our Wario (#2 in CO) then played a GaW in GFs (#1 in CO). First game I 2 stocked him :laugh: . After that the games were always close, but he beat me game five. Like, half of the kills came from either Dthrow>Usmash tech chase, Dthrow>Dsmash if I didn't tech, or Dthrow>Fsmash if I rolled behind him :mad: . The entire time I was like, "The ****? I'm MK? Why am I getting grabbed so much?". Yeah, you asked...lol.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
k.

So I don't go MK in tourny (occasionally I will but I usually just go all Tink), but last tourny I felt like going all Marth. I made it to loser's semi-finals, played a Lucario, got him on his fresh last stock while I had my fresh second stock, and he brought it back by rolling and Fsmash/Aurasphere. This was offline mind you and I felt dumb/annoyed :dizzy:. I went MK as won the next three games in a row (we did a friendly). I won losers Finals against our Wario (#2 in CO) then played a GaW in GFs (#1 in CO). First game I 2 stocked him :laugh: . After that the games were always close, but he beat me game five. Like, half of the kills came from either Dthrow>Usmash tech chase, Dthrow>Dsmash if I didn't tech, or Dthrow>Fsmash if I rolled behind him :mad: . The entire time I was like, "The ****? I'm MK? Why am I getting grabbed so much?". Yeah, you asked...lol.
I hate GW MU. Im so bad at it

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Me too...Well not as Toon Link. I do much better as him, though the MU is obviously worse.

You just have to react like hell and pay the **** attention. Don't get Usmashed. Just ****ing don't. He's below you, do NOT airdodge into him. You'll die at 60.

Jem.

Smash Master
I'm pretty confident you can tech in place and buffer into a grab or tilt. I know vs snake sometimes if they down throw me, I just get up and grab and for some reason they didn't see it coming (although i suggest not doing that many times. like twice a set..)

also i don't find myself getting killed from G&W out of a dthrow very often . You aren't FORCED to tech you know. you can stay down for the 1-2 frame invincibility or whatever it is, or not tech and roll to the left or right (if they are set on the usmash, they won't dsmash) you have 6 options, and they can only cover/be ready to read 1-3.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'm pretty confident you can tech in place and buffer into a grab or tilt. I know vs snake sometimes if they down throw me, I just get up and grab and for some reason they didn't see it coming (although i suggest not doing that many times. like twice a set..)

also i don't find myself getting killed from G&W out of a dthrow very often . You aren't FORCED to tech you know. you can stay down for the 1-2 frame invincibility or whatever it is, or not tech and roll to the left or right (if they are set on the usmash, they won't dsmash) you have 6 options, and they can only cover/be ready to read 1-3.
Yeah, mixing up = good

Top Bottom