• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw1n

Smash Champion
So I looked up airline tickets, and the cheapest i found is Jetblue. Anyone else have any luck finding tickets from Florida to Oakland for less than 300$??
Southwest has specials if you book so far in advance. Although the cross country aspect of it may be higher than I'm thinking. But its worth a shot.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Passenger
Type Trip Routing Type of Fare Base Fare U.S.
Taxes PFC Security
Fee1 Passenger(s) Total
Adult Depart MCO-SAT-LAX Wanna Get Away $92.09 $14.11 $9.00 $5.00 1 $120.20
Return LAX-SAT-MCO Wanna Get Away $92.09 $14.11 $9.00 $5.00 1 $120.20

Total $184.18 $28.22 $18.00 $10.00 $240.40

GET AT ME!!!!!

strawhats

Smash Master
Holy **** I come back to the Genesis thread after watching all of the tourney vids that HMW put up and I see 363 people pre-registered for melee. Thats crazy. That gap b/w. melee and brawl is closing. :)

young wus

Smash Journeyman
Scared

Man im be there for melee baby. and ima get at least top 20, well maybe not, but ill be there!!! But we should play sum more so i can get good........ yah hear me???? Ya Way!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So I'm like, pretty much confirmed for this if I want to go.

Here's my sob story.
Right now I pay my parents $75 p/w board. They'd recently dropped it from $150 p/w board because they wanted to help me get through Uni.

So then I drop this on them. That I wanna go to Genesis.

WELL, they're not happy about it, although they are happy about me wanting to see the world (I think?).
They're not happy because I've gone and basically said 'I wanna go spend tons of money after you guys decided to cut my board in half'.

SO, they're gonna put my board up back a bit. I don't know how much a bit is. Though, if it's anything higher than $25+ p/w I don't think it would be responsible of me to go :(

I mean, there's 8 months left in the year. That's like $800.
:(

I'll come though. Just means I'll be buying less food at work/uni, and preparing more at home from now on. rofl.

PB&J

Smash Hero
since i never been to california and am really excited about this i want to go to cali like a week before the tourny like jul3 and stay till the day after tourny or 2 days...so

who wants to house me for like a week..and have fun get recorded..get ***** by nana,have fun, play melee...show me some california

have fun again get more footage that will be viewed alot...get a free shirt from me..play melee..talk about how good i am..lol...

seriously i dont care if im in socal or norcal...ill have money to eat..im cool with any parents..like long walks on the beach..lol.. but i really want to go to cali early

so if anybody can help me out let me up...cough mango whats good...

pm me
aim-itsgotabetheshoe
phone-631-484-0733

oh and we will have fun..lol

strawhats

Smash Master
While your answering questions m2k, who do you think would win you or ss,

and is there any international player that you see as athreat to either you/mango?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
We all know that SS is finally going to ban Corneria against Mango, take him out, and then lose to Ken in the finals.

As for M2K...he's going to get screwed by bad luck somehow. Tends to happen at big tournaments lol.

strawhats

Smash Master
If ken even goes. Although I think its highly unlikely for the founding father of competitive smash to miss the most massive tourney ever.

P.S. this is my plea to Caotique to beat Ken and his crew in Brawl.

PB&J

Smash Hero
armada plays peach no big threat..and i dont think u guys are fully grasping on how many good players will be here..this thread was made around christmas..since then people have been trainning like it was the summer olympics..u will have best of the best people here and good players that many people dont know about...thinking that an international player will be a top 2 threat is ludacris...i know there is that sheik player in europe but this is genesis...one player who i really want to come and i think who will **** alot of people is juan diego from venezuela...he plays cf and others..really good..i dont think he will win or anythink but think he will place like top 13 or something like that....m2k doesnt think he can beat mango so he is not going to win unless someone else takes him out or something..but i want upsets at this tourny lots of upsets..

oh im pretty hyped by the way...only time will tell

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If ken even goes. Although I think its highly unlikely for the founding father of competitive smash to miss the most massive tourney ever.

P.S. this is my plea to Caotique to beat Ken and his crew in Brawl.

Didn't he get smuggled into a Quiznos tourney in SoCal and got 10th without touching the game since EVO World? Maybe I do have a chance, LOL

Eggm

Smash Hero
So I'm like, pretty much confirmed for this if I want to go.

Here's my sob story.
Right now I pay my parents $75 p/w board. They'd recently dropped it from $150 p/w board because they wanted to help me get through Uni.

So then I drop this on them. That I wanna go to Genesis.

WELL, they're not happy about it, although they are happy about me wanting to see the world (I think?).
They're not happy because I've gone and basically said 'I wanna go spend tons of money after you guys decided to cut my board in half'.

SO, they're gonna put my board up back a bit. I don't know how much a bit is. Though, if it's anything higher than $25+ p/w I don't think it would be responsible of me to go :(

I mean, there's 8 months left in the year. That's like $800.
:(

I'll come though. Just means I'll be buying less food at work/uni, and preparing more at home from now on. rofl.
Totally worth it.

sidefx

Smash Champion
hey guys, sorry there havent been any updates as of late..

lots of things have come up and have made it difficult to tend to the thread and answer questions and stuff

ill do my best to stay updated on the questions and stuff from now on, but no promies =)

also dont worry, there will be alot more activity as far as more info and stuff goes the closer we get to genesis..

****.. its already april.

payment, t-shirts, recording, set ups, entry fees, housing, and everything else..

all questions regarding those subjects and other ones i didnt mention will be address shortly.. i know i keep saying that.. but yeah. =)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Believe in yourself. People usually root for the underdog, which you will be if you come over here.

Let the dark knight out of his cave!

strawhats

Smash Master
M2k stop being so negative. You know that you are going to do well, so don;t stress it. you're the only one who can beat mango convincingly provided you start training your fox and marth. Watch SS VS. MANGO vids. They will help big time.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
idk i doubt i'll even do good at this i don't play smash like i used to cuz it's INCREDIBLY boring to do alone and im always alone. Don't think ill do that good hopefully I'm wrong
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE

and hats - m2k wont beat **** even if he trained

jeff is just too good =D

i quote people now so u can c my sig =D

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

MaNg0

Smash Hero
the twins dont even look that good

they will lose 2 like peaches

u got this kouryuu

strawhats

Smash Master
SS is crazy good, but I have that feeling where even at his worst he still beats people like Shiz, Chu , and he took a match off of you. Don't sleep on m2k. I just don't see SS beating m2k. However I can see shiz vs. ss being epic. Oh well like HMW said at Mango's Juice Genesis is the cop out for everything. I would like to see your secondaries against m2k's marth and shiek. Shiek dittos anyone

strawhats

Smash Master
you know what would be ****ed up. If Ken went to Genesis and registered for melee only to knock jeff, and mango out while m2k beats the **** out of everyone else to meet Ken in the finals. Marth dittos ending a world wide tourney in style FTW.

Hey it could happen, you never know.

P.S. I don't have any hopes of playing in this tourney. My mario would get analy ***** "dry no spit", money johns, and parents johns. One more year and I'll be off to college. Which means tourney play all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom