• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

The GERM

Smash Ace
VIP area shouldn't exist. Defeats the entire purpose of coming for a lot of players. Myself included.
We're definately taking all this into consideration. If we were to do the VIP area, it would not be on Friday during "friendly day" but on Saturday and Sunday during the tournament.

We will try our hardest to work out a housing situation for everyone. I'm in the process of looking into nearby hotels for possible deals/sponsorhip.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ima see about coming to this, id like to visit cali beaches while im here, smoke cali bud while im here, party in cali.........party and cali,and other fun ****.

oh, and wreck b!tches with ganon.
You better come because I am, I will finally be able to fight you! Do you walk the green road Linguini, if you know what i mean? =P

Niko_K

Smash Master
We're definately taking all this into consideration. If we were to do the VIP area, it would not be on Friday during "friendly day" but on Saturday and Sunday during the tournament.

We will try our hardest to work out a housing situation for everyone. I'm in the process of looking into nearby hotels for possible deals/sponsorhip.

The one guy who got me interested in melee is the one guy who answers my questions. Awesome.

I actually don't mind having a VIP room if it was just saturday and sunday. Though all weekend wouldve been ridiculous.

Then again with the turnout this tournament is going to have, one day wouldn't be enough for everyone to get games in with VIP members.

hmmm....

Tink

Smash Hero
yo kage....dont forget our 5$ ganon ditto =).....and you better bring some super wacky tobaccy from canada =).

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's explained in the first post

and no pizza here compares to EC pizza, so honestly I'd go with the cheap stuff O_o

little caesar's >>>> domino's though

The King

Smash Ace
Answers to all the concerns raised so far that I can remember, in no order: =)

---The ViP lounge won't be as much of a "Very Important Person" room as it will be a "Very Privileged Person" room. To be blunt and egotistically-aware: We aren't providing this room as a sort of haven for the star players from the nubs. This feature of the tournament will not have its access handed out via personal bias, it will be available to anyone and everyone for a small admission price. We're looking to stock it with probably 4-6 brawl/melee friendly setups which will be available throughout the tournament, and some luxury sofa seating (as opposed to the run-of-the-mill folding steel chairs which will populate the bulk of the building). A ViP pass will also in all likelihood include vouchers for free drinks and food, refreshed for each day one has a vip pass.

---Also, for this ViP lounge, we've discussed not having it available on Friday, as it would more or less defeat the purpose (or at least unnecessarily supplement it). We might open it up starting Friday evening for a low price, or possibly not at all until the doors open Saturday. Special promotions, such as giving people temporary access to the ViP lounge for, say, finishing 1st Seed in a given round of pools, is also being mulled over.

---AIRPORTS and TRANSPORTATION: Unfortunately yeah, the main airports around Antioch aren't exactly walking distance. However, the airports I would recommend would be:
***SFO (San Francisco International), as there is direct BART (train) service from the airport to much of the Bay Area, including going straight from SFO to Pittsburg without any transfers. However, SFO is generally a bit more expensive than other airport options.
***Oakland International, as there is a $3/person shuttle service which can transport you from OAK airport to the bart station. http://www.bart.gov/guide/airport/inbound_oak.aspx Coming from Oakland bart, you would need to take a transfer at Mcarthur Station to continue to the pittsburg/bay point station (read below). OAK is generally less expensive than SFO.
***San Jose International, we do not recommend unless you're certain you would be able to both secure housing and a ride to the venue from someone living in San Jose, as the airport is about 90 minutes south of the tournament venue with NO bart access.
---Remember, BART feeds into areas all over the Bay Area, with over 30 stations in tons of towns between the airports and the venue. Very convenient as far as taking Bart to a station near the person housing you & all that.
If heading directly from the airport to the tourney, you'll be able to take BART out into the East Bay to Pittsburg, which is only about a 10-15 minute drive from the venue itself. I won't pretend we have people confirmed to aide in shuttling people as this is still 7 months away...but we fully intend to be able to help shuttle people from Bart to the venue.

---HOUSING --- Is in the works. We're about to open up requests to everyone in Norcal as far as housing support, tournament setup support, volunteers to help keep everything running smooth, etc. We'll either be creating a thread in the Pac West regional zone, and/or on our personal forums created for managing this tournament. This will keep track of all available smashers who are willing to lend their roof to some out-of-state company =). We're also in the process of making arrangement with nearby hotels/motels by the venue, to provide discounted rates.

Edit: Thanks Isai for clarification that the travel cost of the AirBART shuttle from OAK to the nearby bart station is not free, but is indeed $3 per adult.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
*subscribes*

if i can find this in my budget.. then oh my i will be there

edit.. how close is this to san fran... my brother lives there. which could potentially make it possible for me to bribe parents to pay for half the flight >_>

pockyD

Smash Legend
*subscribes*

if i can find this in my budget.. then oh my i will be there

edit.. how close is this to san fran... my brother lives there. which could potentially make it possible for me to bribe parents to pay for half the flight >_>
you could just check mapquest or google maps

it's just under an hour drive probably, and longer on BART

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
lol, but... how many people would really want to spend like 80 hours on a bus, 80 hours in Cali, and another 80 hours back. That could get pretty tedious... but it's such a good idea!!!!! Make a sticky about it in Alt So.

periodic table socks

Divinokage

Smash Legend
lol, but... how many people would really want to spend like 80 hours on a bus, 80 hours in Cali, and another 80 hours back. That could get pretty tedious... but it's such a good idea!!!!! Make a sticky about it in Alt So.

periodic table socks
No johns, a true warrior travels any distance to battle!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
or like you did vs pound 3

T-T

seriously though - the new fox playstyle that shane and otto are working on is goign to **** you all once perfected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom