• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Robo's Holosseum Champion - Ray for Smash Switch!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Just went back to look at the old intro for Battle revolution. that was so hype and I watched it so many times as a kid!
man looking back really and remembering the game makes me think of just how good of a fighter Ray would be!
controling space with guns, bombs, and pods. even using multiple weapon types from the games history to make his moveset even more diverse. he could be the first smasher with an air dash as part of his movement. and yeah you could make him the smallest fighter just for the amusement of fighting with such a little guy.
I feel like Ray and Saki are 2 characters that are just too perfect to not be playable.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Just went back to look at the old intro for Battle revolution. that was so hype and I watched it so many times as a kid!
man looking back really and remembering the game makes me think of just how good of a fighter Ray would be!
controling space with guns, bombs, and pods. even using multiple weapon types from the games history to make his moveset even more diverse. he could be the first smasher with an air dash as part of his movement. and yeah you could make him the smallest fighter just for the amusement of fighting with such a little guy.
Just for the people who have not seen the Battle Revolution Intro. It is pretty amazing.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
In my opinion Ray from Custom Robo was one of the biggest snubs from Smash 4. The implementation of custom moves made him a perfect candidate to join the roster but unfortunately he was overlooked. He has such a cool design and I'd dig playing as him. Count me in as a supporter =) I made this for you guys

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Believe it or not, there is someone out there that wants to help gather a huge Twitter community for Ray and the Custom Robo franchise as a whole.

Think of it as the Kremling Kampaigner account for him and he wants a lot of Custom Robo fans to follow this page and help spread the word. It may not be much, but there is still enough time to make some NOISE (pun side) and make sure Ray isn't forgotten. If the Isaac fas can do it, so can we.

https://twitter.com/RaymkIIIForSma1

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
Aw man... Battle revolution is one of my favorite games of all time. Ray would be such a great character! he's been consistently one of my most wanted characters in the series ever since his assist trophy was shown in Brawl. you can count me as a supporter!

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
Fellow Robos! What are your thoughts about Ray post Direct? He wasn't shown among the ATs, so he may still be in the wind.
Its just as scary as it is relieving. Everyone is here apparently, but does that count AT's? After all, grey fox also had his assist trophy removed. Honestly, I just wanna see a custom robo assist trophy again at this point.

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
it's a strange circumstance, on one hand we could see his lack of assist trophy as a good sign that he could still be playable, but on the other hand, it could be seen that he's not coming back at all.

I'm hoping for the former, but i'll still be okay if he comes back as an assist trophy. i just want him in the game.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Fellow Robos! What are your thoughts about Ray post Direct? He wasn't shown among the ATs, so he may still be in the wind.
Well, looking at Isaac...

Oh yeah, don't think I've posted in here before. I loved Custom Robo on the GameCube when I was a child, and think that a Robo would be a really fun character. I should get around to playing the rest of the series sometime.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Even if Ray doesn't make it this time at all, it's all just a matter of reminding Sakurai that since he's managed to pull off a projectile-based character with Mega Man, he can do it again.

After all the effort done to prove Ridley isn't too big for Smash, it's now time to make sure Ray isn't too small.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Holy crap, finally I find my way back to the thread of support for Ray. Count me back in after missing the thread from the jump of SM4SH to Ultimate. At this point, any sign of Custom Robo back in Smash is welcomed.

:bowser:.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm already supporting Isaac, but i hope you guys, as well as the Saki fans get their wish.

I do like to add that the "mecha" codename that was referred to in the leaks was actually Ray. Elma isn't really a mecha. (Besides of how creepy looking she is.)

Custom Robo was also in Japan's top 20 percent. So i'm pretty confident he will be in the game somehow.

Also, AceZTeller AceZTeller , where was the 4chan post?

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Believe it or not, there is someone out there that wants to help gather a huge Twitter community for Ray and the Custom Robo franchise as a whole.

Think of it as the Kremling Kampaigner account for him and he wants a lot of Custom Robo fans to follow this page and help spread the word. It may not be much, but there is still enough time to make some NOISE (pun side) and make sure Ray isn't forgotten. If the Isaac fas can do it, so can we.

https://twitter.com/RaymkIIIForSma1
Can we convince him to change it to Ray 01 ... I know I’m not alone in this

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I use to want Elma but I think its a little late for her I think Corrin ruin her chance she shouldn't been one the last characters in smash 4 and I dont think Xenoblade Chronicles X was not that big back in the Wii U timeline. I think Sakurai Mech might be teasing Ray MK. Dude the more I like at Ray MK and listening Custom Robo music I need Ray MK and Custom Robo Music in Smash Ultimate. Even I love to see Elam in smash but I'm going to rock with Ray MK III he's a Mecha crying out loud.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Can we convince him to change it to Ray 01 ... I know I’m not alone in this
Honestly? I don't think we should do that. Mainly because Ray needs as much support as he can get right now. Unlike Isaac or even Saki Amamiya, Ray doesn't have that big of a following right now.

Long story short: Considering Ray's circumstances right now, beggars REALLY can't be choosers.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Honestly? I don't think we should do that. Mainly because Ray needs as much support as he can get right now. Unlike Isaac or even Saki Amamiya, Ray doesn't have that big of a following right now.

Long story short: Considering Ray's circumstances right now, beggars REALLY can't be choosers.
RIP.

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
I'm already supporting Isaac, but i hope you guys, as well as the Saki fans get their wish.

I do like to add that the "mecha" codename that was referred to in the leaks was actually Ray. Elma isn't really a mecha. (Besides of how creepy looking she is.)

Custom Robo was also in Japan's top 20 percent. So i'm pretty confident he will be in the game somehow.

Also, AceZTeller AceZTeller , where was the 4chan post?
Oh Gosh! I forgot! Thankfully, I still have it saved. Keep in mind, it's got that vulgar 4chan spice, so expect cursing.
SadCustomRobo.PNG

I think the context was someone saying they knew that CR was effectively dead, but why that was the case.

Not the most encouraging of information, but hey. I think we're all used to it by now.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Oh Gosh! I forgot! Thankfully, I still have it saved. Keep in mind, it's got that vulgar 4chan spice, so expect cursing. View attachment 157284
I think the context was someone saying they knew that CR was effectively dead, but why that was the case.

Not the most encouraging of information, but hey. I think we're all used to it by now.

Oh, so it's probably what happened to both Sin and Punishment, Advanced Wars, and Golden sun. They didn't sell enough, and it flopped the series into submission. (This all happened in the 7th gen era. ouch.)

But even the creator isn't interested? and is instead making medicre obile games?

Man, Custom Robo's legacy really is down the drain.

Last edited:

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
Oh, so it's probably what happened to both Sin and Punishment, Advanced Wars, and Golden sun. They didn't sell enough, and it flopped the series into submission. (This all happened in the 7th gen era. ouch.)
Advance wars I actually disagree with. They said it was because they couldn't figure out how to put waifu relationships in the game and that's when they'll make another advance war. At that point, I'd say keep advance wars dead.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Advance wars I actually disagree with. They said it was because they couldn't figure out how to put waifu relationships in the game and that's when they'll make another advance war. At that point, I'd say keep advance wars dead.
Oh...

That still probably doesn't help that a lot of franchises died in the 7th generation. (some even died in the 6th.) F-Zero, Wave race, and 1080.

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
I don't care which model of Ray is included, i just want Custom Robo included.

though i think during the ballot, i did vote for Ray 01... i can't remember. hopefully they just saw demand for "Custom Robo" and "Ray" if/when they were looking at the votes for the ballot (assuming that he actually did well, which given the lack of support in comparison to others, i'd find less likely). i'd hate for the split on which model people wanted to be the factor of Ray not being included.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Updated support list. Tell me if you wanna be added or removed. Few people seemed undecided

1. StrangeTamer
  2. Giga Kaiju
  3. THE 6r
  4. smashingDoug
  5. ZagarTulip
  6. smash puffle
  7. Lyndis_
  8. Lefeon523
  9. Cen Silver
  10. FunAtParties
  11. The One Who Wrote This
  12. 1FC0
  13. smashkirby
  14. aquacustom
  15. N3ON
  16. BROX_Basher
  17. Blue_Sword_Edge
  18. الجن
  19. Fuzzy Pickles!
  20. pupNapoleon
  21. Yomi's Biggest Fan
  22. Good Grief 741
  23. PrinceGal3n
  24. AceZTeller
  25. Sigran101
  26. Pizza Robo
  27. MarinaIris
  28. GallowGlass
  29. AquaSol
  30. SEGAGameBoy
  31. Golden Icarus
  32. Slyshock
  33. Mr Gentleman
  34. CardStealer1
  35. Isaac: Venus Adept
  36. Aussie the Naturist
  37. Hydewell
  38. Zoljinx_
  39. Space Detective
  40. POKEMANSPIKA
  41. Kirbyworshipper2465
  42. Takasmash
  43. BlastState

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
When I saw Ray as an Assist Trophy in Brawl, I immediately wanted him as a playable character. Count me in for supporting him.
Hey, long time now see.

How's life treating you?

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Of course, I was just saying that I am fine in the list, hehe.

Glad to see that there is a lot of people this time around unlike SM4SH's time.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I just want to mention that I didn't include XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX because you mentioned you're lending your support to Isaac right now, but you seem really positive on the character so I almost did lol.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord

You may have point idk, if best he can be like Bowser jr and the Koopalings and just have all his models as alts

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I just want to mention that I didn't include XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX because you mentioned you're lending your support to Isaac right now, but you seem really positive on the character so I almost did lol.
I really wanted to.

But really, i want Isaac and even Saki to be playable.
(I know Saki isn't a popular character, but he certainly can transition from a AT to a fighter real easily.)

Ray would need those two out of the way first. Since he's competing for the spots in smash.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I really wanted to.

But really, i want Isaac and even Saki to be playable.
(I know Saki isn't a popular character, but he certainly can transition from a AT to a fighter real easily.)

Ray would need those two out of the way first. Since he's competing for the spots in smash.
Why can’t you support both? I support many characters

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
Even if Ray doesn't make it this time at all, it's all just a matter of reminding Sakurai that since he's managed to pull off a projectile-based character with Mega Man, he can do it again.

After all the effort done to prove Ridley isn't too big for Smash, it's now time to make sure Ray isn't too small.
Aww, I like the poetics there. Mostly cause he's very little (which isn't a factor when you consider Olimar and the entire Kirby lineup). The big thing holding CR back is the small community. It's biggest thing going for it is that its that game that everyone remembers... after you remind them about it.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
The ironicy of the situation. He is too small. It didn't work for Ridley, why would it work for Ray or any robo anyway?

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
And yet that didn't stop Ridley. Ray is fine, or any robo in that regard. That can't be counted as a negative point anymore

Top Bottom