• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Moveset controversy with VGBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
GimR just outright now said on stream that he was only complaining about how long they take to unlock and was concerned about that. He said that likely the first american tournaments won't allow custom movesets on the merit they take so long to unlock. He also mentioned he doesn't decide anything on the rule set at all.

So, not for the first tournaments, maybe or maybe not for the later ones.
I see. So maybe he was referring to the first tournaments when TKBreezy asked about that. I just hope that they get used one way or another.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I see. So maybe he was referring to the first tournaments when TKBreezy asked about that. I just hope that they get used one way or another.
Thank you for the acknowledgement. Is it safe to say this thread is resolved?
Please refrain from making threads with inflammatory rhetoric in the future. Embarrass

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Thank you for the acknowledgement. Is it safe to say this thread is resolved?
Please refrain from making inflammatory threads in the future. Embarrass
Possibly. I feel that the time issue for movesets is still up for debate. I also changed the title and put one of @TheSMASHtyke 's quotes for content to avoid the wrong idea getting out any further.

Last edited:

Veggi

Smash Champion
Right now we still have no idea how easy or hard it is to unlock custom moves in the Wii U version where this issue actually matters.

The difficulty of unlocking moves in the 3DS version is irrelevant because everyone will have their own copy of the game and will be responsible for unlocking whatever moves they want to use, much like how Pokemon competitors have to raise their own Pokemon.

This is exactly what I believe. On 3DS just unlock the custom moves for your character by playing them in Smash Run. Playing as one character makes the game give more custom moves for that character. You only need to unlock custom moves for the character you want to use. Plus you only need to play long enough to get the ones you want. You don't need a custom move for your character if you don't want to use it.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
CT just ended a tournament with custom moves enabled and as far as I could tell they weren't so big a factor that they decided matches. If they can do it, why not everyone else?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I mean what I say, sir. I do not believe my language was an exaggeration, nor did I believe it too fancy for you to comprehend.

What the OP has said, and what you implied in your first post, is incongruent with what you say now. The accusations made are that they are hardline anti-custom move. This is not so. Nor should any think so. To misinterpret their language lies in the fault of those with an agenda, mostly. Perhaps not you, or perhaps not OP, but somewhere down the line someone heard what they wanted to hear, and twisted the words to suit their agenda, either deliberately or unconsciously. Those are the ones primarily to blame, since they have induced scandal, the occasioning of others to wrongdoing.

So far, I have not seen evidence of any language which has any reasonable interpretation that could mean the things that they are accused of thinking. As I have been watching for hours on end the past few days, I can corroborate this lack of evidence with my own testimony that they have not said such things, and they have spoken many disclaimers.
Whoa, whoa. Never was it said that it was "too fancy for me to understand". Jeez. It's more that it exudes a "holier than thou" attitude. Grandiloquence is a thing.

Maybe what I said seemed more final than I meant? But then again, I also never said I thought they'd never find a way to use custom moves. It was more an assertion that saying they wouldn't use them, for any reason, could have a negative effect on the community's view of them if they didn't check themselves.

I never said they couldn't think about it and make custom moves viable later, just that making a statement about it isn't really wise right now. People are gullible, and likely to spread false **** like wildfire. I mean, look at where we are in this thread. Like I said, not making any sort of definitive statement about it on the stream would've been preferable.

It's fine if they actually didn't say that. My statement was made given the situation that they had (which once again this thread was based on.) so if they haven't, great. I'm sure we'll figure this out in time. That's pretty much my stance on it.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
This is the 3DS version though, would the winner just choose while the other person hawks over their 3DS to see what they're doing? What about WiFi tourneys?
That is fair. :) I guess I was referring more to the Wii U version, which VG is also referrign to about custom moves, or I am assuming so

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
CT just ended a tournament with custom moves enabled and as far as I could tell they weren't so big a factor that they decided matches. If they can do it, why not everyone else?
I don't think CT has investigated every character's moves to find out if they are OP or not.

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
How about letting players play the game they want to play, rather than dictating the game for them.

“If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.”

BooSex

Smash Rookie
During the tournament you could see on the portraits what type of custom equipment was enabled. So you don't need to hover over someone, literally look at your bottom screen. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom