• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Moves

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Just wondering if someone who has the game could tell me Zamus's custom moves :3

sageoflight

Smash Cadet
So far, I've gotten two of her custom moves.
They're both for her Up Special, and they're called Impact Kick and Lateral Kick.

Description for Impact Kick:

Kick opponents into the air, and then finish with a powerful spinning kick.

Description for Lateral Kick:

Lift opponents into the air at an angle, and then dash forward with a spinning kick.

Last edited:
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I have them all.

Paralyzer:
2. Longer range and less damage, no stun; basically wolf laser from brawl, does less damage than standard paralyzer, don't really understand the point of this one
3. very short range, larger and more round than normal projectile, still stuns... same damage as regular paralyzer and you can't move until it's finished exploding, so again, don't really get the point of this one

Side-B:
2. Psycho Crusher; multi-hit dash attack that is unsafe, not sure what the point of this is
3. Project M; inner part of the whip has no hitbox. Comes out a little faster than normal version

Down-b:
2. Down-b jump is the same, but the kick rockets you downwards at a 45 degree angle, kills extremely early
3. Jump arc is very horizontal and cannot be altered like standard and #2 down-b

Up-b:
2. Looks a little like Pikachu's up-b (two jumps) but you can only hit the button once... same angle every time, can't kill, 15% damage
3. Just like standard, except only two hits. Second hit is more difficult to get but kills very early

The most useful ones are the Project M side b and #2 down-b. ZSS' custom moves kinda suck IMO

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I've just been messing with these a little, and I think the side b 3 is the best. It may combo to upB, up air, and up smash. Though I'm not 100% sure. Even if it doesn't, it reduces options if it hits, and seems relatively safe because it's faster.

Down B 3 loses it's footstool spike too. You still jump off their head, but they don't move down as much, it seems.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Side-b 2 extends your horizontal recovery even further, but that's the only redeeming trait I can find for it and ZSS already has great horizontal mobility in the air. Sticking with side-b 3 thus far. Down-b 2 is strong as hell but seems very difficult to utilize, plus you lose the flipstool. Neutral-b 2 is a bit faster to act out of iirc and the third is multihit, but I don't see much appeal in either one right now.

Last edited:

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm enjoying the Electromagnetic Net. It's slow and has poor range, but it has a large hitbox and an extended duration with multihit properties. It will trap landings and stuff spot dodges and still get you a paralyze effect. Sometimes you can combo this into Whip Lash and another attack for good damage.

Blast Shot is ok at disrupting aggressive characters with how fast it fires until you close the gap. It's certainly usable.

Plasma Dash just seems... bad.

Whip Lash has great potential but you really need to be mindful of that deadzone.

Shooting Star Flip Kick is my favorite with how fast it flies and how strong it is. With the Lateral Kick UpB, you can even edgeguard with this and still make it back yourself.

Lateral Kick is a nice improved recovery extension even though it's really hard to actually hit with. When you do, it kills pretty well.

Impact Kick is very strong but very slow. Even against laggy attacks I couldn't seem to hit with it OoS. If you have a solid Dsmash paralyze then this could be an option.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I'm enjoying the Electromagnetic Net. It's slow and has poor range, but it has a large hitbox and an extended duration with multihit properties. It will trap landings and stuff spot dodges and still get you a paralyze effect. Sometimes you can combo this into Whip Lash and another attack for good damage.

Blast Shot is ok at disrupting aggressive characters with how fast it fires until you close the gap. It's certainly usable.

Whip Lash has great potential but you really need to be mindful of that deadzone.

Shooting Star Flip Kick is my favorite with how fast it flies and how strong it is. With the Lateral Kick UpB, you can even edgeguard with this and still make it back yourself.

Lateral Kick is a nice improved recovery extension even though it's really hard to actually hit with. When you do, it kills pretty well.

Impact Kick is very strong but very slow. Even against laggy attacks I couldn't seem to hit with it OoS. If you have a solid Dsmash paralyze then this could be an option.
I wanna test out the electromagnetic net more to see how useful it can be to opponents recovering or something.

Plasma Dash can be used to trap landings really well if you think about it because there will probably be only a few certain moves that will stop her in that state.

Actually shooting star can be used to yolo chase people you have knocked of stage and it will definitely kill when you hit them near the off screen part.
blaster is good for clipping recovering opponents as well since we can just jump off and fire at them not worrying about getting back ourselves.

Lateral kick can probably be used by dropping off the ledge then up bing back on so you do the aggressive kick on stage.
I agree with impact kick however I have an idea of how to land it more efficiently but I need to test it first.

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman

I like the default too much to use the Net, even though it's good. Run & Gun is my whole strategy with ZSS. I don't go super aggressive. I like playing super controlling from mid range.

Blast Shot's base damage is far too low. It's only slightly faster than uncharged Paralyzer and only does 1~2% vs. the normal's 4+%. An uncharged Paralyzer shot also guarantees a grab or if you're very close an FSmash. The reward is too much honestly to pass up.

Dash is indeed bad.

Shooting Star Flip Kick seemed amazing until I realized I couldn't footstool with it and it actually kills at a higher percent than the default kick. What's the point of having that crazy dive kick if it's weaker than the default kick? Is it the increased range? Still a good move but I think I'll stick with the default.

I agree with the others.

Anyways, how are you enjoying the game? My hope is that you'll stick with this game instead of leave immediately like with Brawl.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
@TsuKiyoMe I enjoy the game mostly due to additions in the roster, but the Brawl-ish aspects seem to show more with each passing day. The effectiveness of roll spam and ADs being absurd in the air isn't helping things and irritates even the casual side of things. It feels about as defensive as Brawl when the players are legit trying to win, which is not a good thing.

And yes, Shooting Star Kick doesn't footstool like the default, but I find you can never really rely on such a telegraphed setup to begin with. The KB of Shooting Star actually depends on when you hit with the attack. Near the beginning of the attack, it does 17 and easily matches or even exceeds the default kick's KB. Later on it switches to a weaker 14 damage hit, which is probably what you're talking about. However, unlike the default kick both of these KBs launch at a low angle which makes it certain death if hit around the edge, in addition to being a long duration moving wall of damage as opposed to having to time the default's kick rather precisely to connect.

Last edited:

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
@ NinjaLink NinjaLink I have to disagree on that the regular down b doesn't wall jump anymore, because it does, just not automatically.
If you use regular down b while falling and once you hit the wall, press jump and you will wall jump. It's probably wise to use the up b at the apex of the wall jump to recover to the ledge.
Note that this only works when the double jump is no longer available, otherwise you'll just double jump near the wall.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
It's probably wise to use the up b at the apex of the wall jump to recover to the ledge.
It would be wise if that worked, but you'll just end up doing the kick and end up further down than where you started due to endlag. The walljump doesn't seem to aid her recovery at all sans maybe some not-that-good stalling shenanigans or wall jump tricks under Arena Ferox.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
As of now, I think the ideal set is 1311. All three of the down specials seem good in their own way as well, but I prefer the default.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
As of now, I think the ideal set is 1311. All three of the down specials seem good in their own way as well, but I prefer the default.
I don't like the project M side B at all. It has the same weaknesses as the default (pitiful damage+unsafe as **** on block) and it has no inner hitbox. It has some reward but it's so risky.

Plasma Dash is the obvious choice for side-b. It gives you a nice long-range punish and a good way to punish rolls out of a full dash, something ZSS sucks at doing.

I also underestimated green laser, **** is lagless. You can do short hop laser and then immediately fire one before you touch the ground and then jump again, etc. It's almost like ghetto laser camping from brawl.

Lateral Kick is very good vs Sheik online, beyond that I don't see much of a use for it.

Last edited:

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I don't like the project M side B at all. It has the same weaknesses as the default (pitiful damage+unsafe as **** on block) and it has no inner hitbox. It has some reward but it's so risky.

Plasma Dash is the obvious choice for side-b. It gives you a nice long-range punish and a good way to punish rolls out of a full dash, something ZSS sucks at doing.

I also underestimated green laser, **** is lagless. You can do short hop laser and then immediately fire one before you touch the ground and then jump again, etc. It's almost like ghetto laser camping from brawl.

Lateral Kick is very good vs Sheik online, beyond that I don't see much of a use for it.
I totally disagree. Being able to tether backwards (and more reliably forwards) ALONE is enough to keep either side special 1 or 3 over Plasma dash. Plasma dash doesn't provide anything that dash attack doesn't in terms of roll coverage besides the fact that its reversible, and pivot grab handles that scenario anyways. Where whip lash shines is in its utility as a long ranged punish, because the reward is so massive. It also covers landing options (if they have no second jump).

I'll have to experiment with the green laser a bit more, I wrote it off pretty quickly because of how much I like the paralyzer.

Top Bottom