• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom GameCube Controllers

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
When you refer to separate sections, do you mean just separate sections on the site (I can make these, but I would like to have a sufficient amount of photos and a thorough description of each mod and to what extent we can do them)?
I'm talking about seperate sections on this thread. The first half of the post would be about the services we offer then lower below we could have a section for all of out painting work, and a section under that for modding. At the bottom I think we'd put a how to for everything.

Are you saying we should also make a separate thread based just on the "do it yourself", use an existing thread, or put the descriptions on this one?
No, should keep it all in one thread and centralized to attract more people. Unless of course we run into problems we can make another thread. I just don't like making redundant threads, reason being I've yet to make even one thread.

Yea, it would be awesome if you could help out with the OP formatting, I'll be sure to see that it fits all of our needs and of course, includes all of the customization features we offer.
Alright, I'll get to work on it and will post it as soon as I'm done.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Finished the LED controller. It has two RGB slow color changing LED's, a new Blue PS3 stick, removed rumble and removed trigger springs which I can put back in if they buyer wants. Optionally, I also have two other sticks a Green one and a Clear one. I also have a Silver front plate if you prefer Silver over Purple.

[collapse=HERE BE THE IMAGES YAAR]

[/collapse]

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
First post is updated with all descriptions. And the controller sold in an hour.​

Let me & TerryJ know if you all are interested in more controllers like this (w/LEDs and PS3 stick) as a default stock item on my site.

GCS Gaming Customs

Pokemongeof,

Its finally done, I just need to add the triggers. It has a few rough spots and a small mark on the back, but it is all barely noticeable. It came out pretty good I think.

Btw, how do you do spoilers again?

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Pokemongeof,

Its finally done, I just need to add the triggers. It has a few rough spots and a small mark on the back, but it is all barely noticeable. It came out pretty good I think.

Btw, how do you do spoilers again?

Also spoilers are

[ collapse ] ( no spaces)

then at bottom of text/pic, [ [/collapse ] again no space

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

Also spoilers are

[ collapse ] ( no spaces)

then at bottom of text/pic, [ [/collapse ] again no space
You can also do
Code:
[collapse=HUUR]DURR[/collapse]
Example:
[collapse=HUUR]DURR[/collapse]

But I don't think you need spoilers for two small images anyways since it's like the size of a normal post.

The controller looks sexy btw.

GCS Gaming Customs

Thanks. Just wanted to know for future reference. I also want to put some in on the first post for pics.

edit : wtf, every time I do it on just a few pics, it works fine, but if I do it on a large group, it makes two spoilers with the first pic in the first spoiler and the rest in the second. Any solution??

GCS Gaming Customs

For anyone who wants painted buttons, it'll have to wait, there is only one type of paint that has to be mixed and spray through a brush that I need to access. I have tried EVERYTHING else. I almost set myself on fire boiling dye, for it to just rub off :glare: . Trust me, I've been trying to find a solution. Sorry about this for anyone who wants/ed painted buttons, if you want ones that will chip in a day, I can do that :ohwell:

Whatislove

Smash Cadet
I got mine this morning, and it works flawlessly, definitely recommend GameCubeScrubb's products wholeheartedly.

GCS Gaming Customs

Thanks for the positive feedback on the thread, I really appreciate it. Sorry that it took so long to get there, I do live in the U.S. Thanks for your patience, I hope you enjoy the product more!

BTW, if you liked your controller or you would like to support the thread, please leave any comments and / or drop a like on the First Post. Thanks to all of you, the Smash community really has been great!

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
About how long should these last for? I'm ordering one but the last couple of controller I've has have gotten had their control stick go completly loose within 3 day. I really need one that lasts a solid 4-5 months at the minimum

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
About how long should these last for? I'm ordering one but the last couple of controller I've has have gotten had their control stick go completly loose within 3 day. I really need one that lasts a solid 4-5 months at the minimum
The stick cap becomes loose? Or do you mean the potentiometer? If it's the potentiometer then it shouldn't matter what cap is on the stick but I could be wrong.

GCS Gaming Customs

Well, I use official controllers with tight sticks, I don't see any reason why they should go bad in under 6 months of even rigorous play (2-3 hours a day). The only thing that wears a bit is the PS3 stick ONLY if you literally jab the stick like a mofo when you dash dance (my bro, lol) but I haven't had that issue at all on a 4 month old controller that I play an hour + everyday, main falcon and G&W.

So yea, I don't know if you got some bad controllers or third parties, but mine won't do that.

BTW, if anyone is interested in a custom controller with official Emerald shell(s), lemme know, Im getting some in.

Edit : If its the stick, then you just got a stick with the rubber peeling. I will not give you a stick with rubber peeling, don't worry about that.
Unless you somehow broke the internal potentiometer (Ive had controllers with broken internals) where the stick becomes completely unusuable, then Im not sure where this issue is coming from.

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I plan to get a controller with a white shell, I know it costs more after the initial order, so where would I pay?

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Official or white shell? Also, send me a PM for ordering.

Im not exactly sure what you mean by this, could you elaborate?
I think he means that it costs more to buy a brand new controller and then have it worked on rather than just working on a used controller. Correct me if I'm wrong.

GCS Gaming Customs

Yea. Do you want the LEDs always on or rumble activated? Or both?

TerryJ does these mods for the most part (I do all of the simple mods, he does both advanced and simple), I do know some about em tho, and I know that he can do the above. Talk to him if you would like to order a controller with just mods and no paint job. BTW, you could get a lot of color variations too in shells and in LEDs to customize your controller to the fullest.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Right now I'm just curious. ATM I lack the funds to buy one. Although for future reference, how much would it be for a controller with LEDs that light up when rumbling and silver or black top shell/clear bottom shell?

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Right now I'm just curious. ATM I lack the funds to buy one. Although for future reference, how much would it be for a controller with LEDs that light up when rumbling and silver or black top shell/clear bottom shell?
The clear bottom controllers can go anywhere from $20-60 online and I charge $25 for the LED mod (flashing or on). You can have us buy the controller if you like or you can send us one to mod.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Terry, what color shells (back/front) do you have in stock? Just wondering for reference.
Currently I've only got a black back and a silver front. I'm actually getting ready to cut into the black back bottom with muh new Dremel. Right now I'm making measurements for the vents.

Here's all my stuff currently:
  • 5 used control sticks, two with rubber on them
  • 3 new PS3 control sticks (Blue, Green and Clear)
  • 1 C-Stick
  • 1 Silver Front Shell
  • 1 Black Back Shell
  • 3 Rumbles (Wtf am I'm going to do with these lol)

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Before I start working on a new shell mod for the fan I thought I should upload my v2 pictures.
[collapse=Intake]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Exhausts]

[/collapse]
[collapse=guts]
[/collapse]
And here's what I had to do to the rumble housing for the fan to even fit:
[collapse=Rumble Housing]
[/collapse]

V3 is going to be sexy and professional looking. I might end up making a video when I do it but I've never made a video tut before sooo yeah idk. There will be pictures at minimum, that much I assure you.

GCS Gaming Customs

PS3 sticks last atleast a year, unless you literally jab the living f*ck out of it when you play.

Nunchuk and GameCube sticks last forever. (like 2-3 years usually)

Paint, depends. Regular lasts probably about a year before it displays noticeable wear, with clear pbly a year and a half, and the vinyl dye lasts upwards of 2 years. All under reasonable conditions which you take care of your controller and wipe your hands frequently and the controller handles to reduce paint breakdown from hand sweat.

TerryJ, cool stuff. Let us know how well it cools your hands.

V3 is going to be sexy and professional looking. I might end up making a video when I do it but I've never made a video tut before sooo yeah idk. There will be pictures at minimum, that much I assure you.
Yes. lol, I've never made any vids either, I pbly should... :ohwell:

DBSammy

Smash Ace
The clear bottom controllers can go anywhere from $20-60 online and I charge $25 for the LED mod (flashing or on). You can have us buy the controller if you like or you can send us one to mod.
Thanks for the info. I'll make sure to PM you sometime in the undetermined future for when I can order the controller.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Paint, depends. Regular lasts probably about a year before it displays noticeable wear, with clear pbly a year and a half, and the vinyl dye lasts upwards of 2 years. All under reasonable conditions which you take care of your controller and wipe your hands frequently and the controller handles to reduce paint breakdown from hand sweat.
In combination with a fan your hands will sweat less and in turn save your paint job longer. Why didn't I think of this before? This really makes me want to get my controller repainted now.
TerryJ, cool stuff. Let us know how well it cools your hands.
It already cools my hands a lot, but with the v3 vents I expect it to be a lot better. I'll be sure to let you know.

GCS Gaming Customs

Why didn't I think of this before? This really makes me want to get my controller repainted now.
I GOTCHU

It already cools my hands a lot, but with the v3 vents I expect it to be a lot better. I'll be sure to let you know.
Sweet. I also had a sort of cool idea to make in the future. What if we made a controller specifically designed for spacies (I know, eww)? We would need an extra battery to create it in its full glory to support the fans and the LEDs. I know this is an extreme idea, but it would be an incredible reality. I would make it have :
  • Top Shell : Orange/Silver/Indigo (colors of spacies)
  • Bottom Shell : Clear
  • Removed Rumble pack
  • Light Blue LEDs (To represent the shine, if there is a way to make it activated by pressing down B, OMG) Link to the one Yeroc did, scroll down : http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...nting-your-gamecube-controller.265922/page-13
  • Fan
  • Analog position : Nunchuk stick (for extra precision for dd's and waveshines [Gold or white pbly])
  • C - position : Sanded analog (nipple lol) OR sanded C-stick for quick use of the stick by sliding your finger over it.
  • Removed Right/Left trigger spring
This controller would be sex. Is it possible in the future, Terry? I know you haven't experimented with the extra battery yet, but if you think this would work, all I got to say is this would be nothing short of a spacies masterpiece.
Price point? Lets not talk about that yet, lol, Im thinking pretty expensive tho, but nothing short of incredible and I'd say worth it if you are a spacies player and / or you have some $$$ to spare.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I GOTCHU

Sweet. I also had a sort of cool idea to make in the future. What if we made a controller specifically designed for spacies (I know, eww)? We would need an extra battery to create it in its full glory to support the fans and the LEDs. I know this is an extreme idea, but it would be an incredible reality. I would make it have :
  • Top Shell : Orange/Silver/Indigo (colors of spacies)
  • Bottom Shell : Clear
  • Removed Rumble pack
  • Light Blue LEDs (To represent the shine, if there is a way to make it activated by pressing down B, OMG) Link to the one Yeroc did, scroll down : http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...nting-your-gamecube-controller.265922/page-13
  • Fan
  • Analog position : Nunchuk stick (for extra precision for dd's and waveshines [Gold or white pbly])
  • C - position : Sanded analog (nipple lol) OR sanded C-stick for quick use of the stick by sliding your finger over it.
  • Removed Right/Left trigger spring
This controller would be sex. Is it possible in the future, Terry? I know you haven't experimented with the extra battery yet, but if you think this would work, all I got to say is this would be nothing short of a spacies masterpiece.
Price point? Lets not talk about that yet, lol, Im thinking pretty expensive tho, but nothing short of incredible and I'd say worth it if you are a spacies player and / or you have some $$$ to spare.
That sounds awesome. And with the amount of Spacie players it'll sell quick. I've seen a mod where specific LED's light up when specific buttons are pressed but I'm not so sure how I'd make it work while holding down but I don't think it would be impossible. If the LED's are only getting turned on when Down B is happening then there would be no need for batteries as it would just siphon the energy from the same source as the fan. The fan will dim for a sec but only when the LED's flash.

GCS Gaming Customs

That sounds awesome. And with the amount of Spacie players it'll sell quick. I've seen a mod where specific LED's light up when specific buttons are pressed but I'm not so sure how I'd make it work while holding down but I don't think it would be impossible. If the LED's are only getting turned on when Down B is happening then there would be no need for batteries as it would just siphon the energy from the same source as the fan. The fan will dim for a sec but only when the LED's flash.
Even if you can only make it registered by the B-Button, it would be sexy. If you could put two small red LEDs (that don't take much power, of course) for the lazer input in both handles and two brighter light blue ones for the shine input, or just make them both come on at the same time when the B button is pressed if you cannot distinguish the two lights separately. I really don't see a downside to the fan being toned down, since it would be cooling your hands a lot anyways.

Yo, spacies, let us know if you would like something like this. We can also take out some mods you may not deem as necessary for your Dark controller (lol) to discount you from the stock price with all of the modifications.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
you know, this could trigger something great. Game related LED lightups.

Like Luigi's Fireball the Controller turns green or (not sure if this is possible), but the controller turns a bit red when Luigi does a missile or even a misfire!

Or with jigglypuff, the controller would light up all red bcuz of rest. It would be fun to make it vibrate when you land a rest, but i'm not sure if pplz would like dat

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
PS3 sticks last atleast a year, unless you literally jab the living f*ck out of it when you play.

Nunchuk and GameCube sticks last forever. (like 2-3 years usually)

Know that I am VERY interested in your products.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
V3 is done! I spent like all day and night yesterday working on it and finished it this morning because I had to wait for my Dremel to charge.
I put it in my Black/Silver shell so I can sell it.
[collapse=This is where you want to cut]File down everything that's in color.
Get rid of the walls
Sand down all of this
And cut a slot for the fan to fit into.
[/collapse]
And here is without the circles

[collapse=Pre-cutting the handles]

[/collapse]
And here's the final work!
[collapse=Left and right Exhaust Handles]

[/collapse]
[collapse=Intake]
[/collapse]
As you can see, I sanded the holes to make it smooth. If you do this mod yourself (or have us do it) you might as well get a paint job since sanding is half of the painting work anyways. (okay maybe not half lol)
I measured out how the back of the GCC and drew it on a piece of paper to figure out how many holes I should do for the intake. I came up with 7w x 9h I think. For the Exhaust's I drew the outline of the fan on a piece of paper and sectioned it off into four parts. I used 1/4th of the fan's Length to make the exhaust holes so the airflow is split in half to each exhaust port.

The Airflow is a lot better now. It's evenly split between both handles and it puts out enough air to where I don't have to wipe my hands on my pants anymore.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Top Bottom