• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom GameCube Controllers

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com

Custom GameCube Controllers
Website
Facebook

Black Friday sale all weekend! Use code: gcsholiday for 10% off!

Hello to all smashers and the rest of the Nintendo Gaming Community,

I am GameCubeScrubb, GCS for short, from Charlotte, NC. I paint controllers and perform simple modifications on primarily Nintendo produced GameCube Controllers. All of the controllers we customize are official Nintendo Products.
Refer to my website for all the options you can get and more reference photos! Ask any questions here!

Simple Modifications

Rounded Analog : This mod will round the analog side octagon of your controller to a near perfect circular shape. This will allow you to achieve more precise angles with moves such as the firefox, and allows a more fluid movement since the octagon sides are not present to restrict player movement. I am confident that you will prefer this feel over the regular octagon shape. This is, in my opinion, the optimal non-hardware modification along with the replacement of the GameCube stick. Although not as noticeable, you may also opt for this option for your c-stick, too.

Custom C-Stick : Exchange the clumsy yellow C-Stick for an original GameCube Analog stick or a Nunchuk stick (comes in black, white, and gold). This will help significantly in shooters and other games which heavily implement the c-stick as a regular stick! However, it is recommended that for smash players who jab the c-stick that you do NOT use a custom c-stick, however, a sanded c-stick may suit you.

Sanded C-Stick : Give your regular, rubber tipped c-stick a size reduction and a smooth surface! I will also lightly sand the edges to ensure that the stick will not jab at your thumb. This stick is highly recommended for Super Smash Bros, when you are required to flick your thumb quickly from the buttons to jab the stick to perform aerials or smash attacks, since your thumb will slide across the stick faster and more smoothly.

Custom Analog Stick : Exchange the original GameCube Analog Stick for a PS3 Analog stick or a Nunchuk stick. The PS3 stick comes in a variety ofcolors and black. The PS3 Analog Stick provides extra control due to the size and height. You may also choose a nunchuk stick (comes in black, white, andgold), which adds slightly more precision (tilts, dash dancing, aiming) for your character since it is slightly raised in comparison to the original GameCube Analog stick, at the cost of a comfortable, grippy surface. This is great for Super Smash Bros and many other popular titles which require extra control.

Removed Trigger Springs : In Brawl and many shooters, it is best to remove both triggers in order to gain the maximum effectiveness, so you are able to use the full shield mechanic or shoot at just the click of the trigger, rather fully compressing the triggers. In Melee, it is best to remove one trigger to perform techs and full shields faster, and keep the other trigger spring intact for light shielding purposes. Melee players should learn to use the regular trigger ONLY for light shielding to gain maximum effectiveness. You need to tell me which trigger(s) you would like removed upon ordering your custom controller.

Sanded Handles : A cheaper, alternate method to the Fan Mod that creates smoother handles and is slightly more comfortable. The sweat from your hands will bead on the outside of the controller and is easier to wipe off, vs the original plastic coating which absorbs the sweat.

Removed Rumble Pack (Wired Controller) : Suggested for any pro controller, to remove any distractions caused by the rumble function. I usually remove the pack to reduce weight, but if you prefer the extra weight, I can leave it in and cut the wires instead to remove just the rumble function.
Please ignore first page of comments, that was feedback from when I just first started out...

Last edited:

Gea

Smash Master
No one knows who you are/ your quality. I'm sure some people would spring if the price was right and the person was well known. The price breakdown is pretty whack. 5 dollars for cleaning? Prep work is part of painting.

Also, you need to post what kind of paint you are using so people know if you are actually using the proper kind of paint. If someone is gonna pay you for the service they probably want it done correctly. Having to preface that your button work isn't going to stick is honest, but it doesn't bode well for the project.

And of course people need to see before/after with decent quality. If you are serious I'd make like 10-20 and find a way to get them to apex to be sold.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Ex order
1 Orange Wavebird Controller (Customer sent in) with Red buttons
5.00 (Cleaning + Labor Fee) + 25.00(Paint Job) + 10.00(Paint Buttons) - 5.00(Combination Discount) =
$35? The paints don't cost more than $8 each =p And only one color?

anybody could do this themself with a 3 dollar triwing screwdriver

sorry bub
This x10

I want to make a Pika controller for Axe for his influence on me in this game today, just been low on funds/pressed for time. I made Vman a controller which I planned on giving him this Apex, but my tournament controller broke and I had to use it for about 4 months lol so the paint wore out a bit. I don't even use the red one. Here have a look:

http://imgur.com/a/PDFmJ

The most I ask is for at least a controller shell so I can just paint more controllers :awesome:

NalsXR

Smash Cadet
The only thing that really matters is how well the controllers do in F-zero calibrations

I'm talking at least an absolute value of 110 in every direction you pull the analog stick

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Krylon Fusion for plastic. I forgot my personal formula but I posted them in some painted controller thread ages ago. I might have to search it up again.

For lighter controllers I use a base coat of white.

1 Base Coat(white)
3 Primary Coats(yellow)
3 Secondary Coats(red)
x Clear Coats(clear)

You want to go very very light on the coatings, just enough to get the color bumping out. The reason I left out a number of Clear Coats is because it is directly proportionate to what you plan to do with the controller. If you don't plan on playing with it and want it as memorabilia you only really need 2 maybe 3 coats(light). If you plan on playing with it through moderate use(2 days a week, 4 hours a day) I would recommend maybe 4 or 5 coats. Heavy play, I would say 6 coats but not more than 8 coats of finish only because I have not tested more than that.

Also, these controllers last longer in cooler/cold temperatures. I wouldn't recommend using these on a hot summers day. Aside from that they will last quite long. My Yoshi controller lasted about 4 months of moderate to heavy play before little heat spots began to appear. Oh which reminds me! If you know ahead of time which areas of the controller you're going to rub the most, concentrate your clear coat more in that area!

Gea

Smash Master
I live where it is forever hot and my hands get really hot and sweat a ton while playing. Like my original platinum controller has the paint worn off where my hands were. Oh well. Looks really swag though.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Would not recommend a custom painted controller then. Unless you want to do some trial experimenting and do like 12/15 coats of finish and let me know how long the controller lasts lol.

FOR SCIENCE

Gea

Smash Master
Maybe at some point, but no time soon. Do you have any more pictures of any other projects you've done? I love seeing them.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
There was a black pika controller I made. Use nail polish remover to remove the paint they said. I wanted to redo it. Never soak gc controllers in nail polish remover over night. I kid you not, I was able to flex the controller like it was silly puddy the next day.

:phone:

GCS Gaming Customs

Im working on getting some made for you guys to see. I just wanted to get the word out in advance!

Hey Gea, thanks for the advice on what to do. I'll start making more controllers in the near future for you all to see. I use Krylon Fusion, 2-3 coats of color (Just to cover it) and about 4-5 layers of clear.

Here are some photos 2 of controllers I have made
http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/GameCubeScrubb/media/photo_zpsc37c3d85.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5
There are 6 pics of them. If you want to see anymore, just ask and I will upload

GCS Gaming Customs

Hey,
Just thought I would help you guys out by cutting down a BUNCH of the prices and some of the crap (sorry about that, it was originally just for Ebay). These are if you custom order the controller. My Ebay listings in the near future will be $5-10 less than the suggested prices below per controller. I could see why some if you were not pleased with the prices, so Ill start lower and see where we can go from there. Just a quick thing, It is not that cheap to paint it. Krylon costs about $5 a can and runs out pretty fast (about 3-5 controllers per can). I also had to buy alot of paint and supplies initially to start this up. Anyways, take a look at the revised prices. Thanks for the Feedback!

Custom Painted GameCube Controllers
By D3RP (Smash name)
I can give your controller a premium paint job. You can send a controller in or I can purchase one myself and customize it to what you want. I work with both classic controllers and Wavebirds! Here is a quick summary of prices of what I offer as of now:

Guidelines- The customer pays shipping if they choose to send one in. If you want me to purchase you a controller, I will charge you according to the controller. Every completed controller will be tested.
Classic- (Used)=$12.00 (New)=$50.00
Wavebird- (Used)=$30.00 (New)=$130.00
Paint Job- A premium, all around paint job for your controller. As of now, I offer: BLUE, GREEN, RED, ORANGE, and GLITTER PURPLE ($5 extra). For the Wavebird, I will paint the receiver and the back, too! I can use two colors on your controller (each side a different color). I do not offer stencils right now but I hope to in the near future.
$15.00 ($25.00 for a Wavebird)
Button Paint Job (Analog stick will not be painted)- You send me the request for color. I will try to reduce button friction with the controller by sanding the buttons, but it is not guaranteed that the colors will not chip. If they do happen to chip within a month of use, I will refund your order.
$10.00
If you choose to purchase both Painted buttons and a painted shell, I will take $5 off your purchase.

Ex order
1 Orange Wavebird Controller (Customer sent in) with Red buttons
25.00(Paint Job) + 5.00(Paint Buttons)= $30.00 + Customer Shipping BOTH ways

Custom Modified GameCube Controllers

The customer pays shipping if they choose to send one in. It is free if you allow me to purchase a controller. If you want me to purchase you a controller, I will charge you according to the controller. Every completed controller will be tested.
Custom C-Stick - Exchange the clumsy yellow C-Stick for an original GameCube Analog Stick (Used) or a PS3 Analog Stick. If you wish, I can provide a COLORED PS3 Stick instead of a Black one for just $2 extra. This is suggested for any painted controller since it complements the color of the controller. This will help significantly for FPS games!
$5.00
Custom Analog Stick - Exchange the original GameCube Analog Stick for a PS3 Analog Stick. This can be either COLORED for $2 extra or Black. The PS3 Analog Stick provides tons of control due to the size. This is Great for Super Smash Bros.
$5.00
Removed Rumble Pack (Classic Controller) - Suggested for any pro controller. I can remove the pack to reduce weight, but if you prefer the extra weight, I can leave it in and cut the wires instead.
This service is FREE!!!
Ex Order with a mod and a paint job: 1 Glitter Purple Classic Controller (My own Used controller) with a Pink PS3 Stick and a Black PS3 Stick
12.00 (Controller) + 15.00 (Paint Job) + 5.00 (Glitter Fee) + 12.00 (Stick Fee) = $44.00 Free Shipping
If you want to order a controller or ask for any other, just send me an email at frozenferno1@me.com
Please allow 2-3 Weeks combined for the construction and shipping of the controller. If there is another mod you want, just send a request, and I will see what I can do. I will accept payment through PayPal.

I took off initial fees and cut down a few bucks on about every item, if you want a quick summary of what I did to the prices.

StandardToaster move your mouse to the side and click on the arrow that pops up for the other pics

GCS Gaming Customs

Thought I should start a new post for this. This is the order form in case anyone is interested in ordering a controllers. I will have about 5-10 controllers completed for you all to see next week. Stay around to see! I will also be selling them on eBay in case any are interested in buying. Thanks for reading and have an Awesome Day!

GameCube Controller Order Form

Controller Type: Classic Wavebird

Color(s):

Colored Button(s):

Stencils/Designs:

Custom Stick(s):

Removed Rumble Pack: Yes No

I will use this Post to list all my products:

If you guys want anything else Nintendo related painted, message me and I will see what I can do!

If anyone has any requests for what kind of controller they want to see painted, just tell me and I will see what I can do!

Added another photo of a wired orange spice controller (factory controller, not painted) I just finished with a custom C-stick here. http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/GameCubeScrubb/library/ Didn't think it was that cool or creative, but just thought you may want to see it. I will be selling it on eBay starting at $16.99 + FREE Shipping and a Buy it Now price at just $23.99. Works and looks like new. If you have any questions, feel free to ask
Link to eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFFICIAL-Ni...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item1e764b5874

Just Added more photos on some custom refurbished wired controllers with PS3 analog sticks (Factory Controller). I am selling 2 of these. Check them out on eBay right now! Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/130834853147?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 AND http://www.ebay.com/itm/130834853680?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Here is the photo link: http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/GameCubeScrubb/library/?
I will be showing you guys some painted controllers soon! Again, if there are any requests or idea of what I should make, throw it out there for me

I am painting both a blue and red controller here. Still have some coats left. Possibly a Mario Controller? Message or comment if interested.
Link: http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/GameCubeScrubb/library/

Funbun

Smash Cadet
I'm interested and considering your services.

Do you have a picture of a green controller paintjob? I'm considering having my messed up white gamecube controller repainted.

If you happen to get a more emerald green, akin to the rare Emerald Green controller, that would be best.

GCS Gaming Customs

I am currently painting LOTS of controllers so I can have ppl see my work. I should have a green controller out for you to see in about a week and a half. I am trying to get ahold of some light green and I have dark green available right now. Emerald Green? Ill try to find some....

Krylon does not sell Emerald paint, unfortunately. Since it would be expensive to buy primer and another brand, I do not think I will provide this color. I have Lots of other colors, tho. Just bought some Gold Glitter Paint the other day and some glow in the dark stuff. I haven't used either yet (Keeps raining wtf!) but I will take pics after I have made controllers using those, too. In the not so near future, I may start mixing colors or buying new paints to use. It would cost you about +$10 more than usual right now if you really want Emerald, since I would have to buy both primer and the paint. Sorry, hope you can find something else you like!

Working on an Wired Americana Controller Right now. Its looking great! I used 2 controller shells, so I have 2 reds and 2 blues. I am thinking about putting a red bottom and a blue top for the Americana Controller. It will also have white, glow in the dark buttons, a red PS3 Analog stick, and a White PS3 Analog stick in the place of the C-Stick. Its going to be SWEET. I plan on putting it up for auction when I am finished. If there are any interested viewers who want to buy it directly from me, just PM me and we can work out a deal.
Im not sure what to do with the other shells, tho. I have a red top and a blue bottom. I could just put it together like that then sell it as a "Mario" theme controller without any Decals (I am not doing decals quite yet). I could make another Americana controller with the colors flipped around. What do you guys think? Feel free to PM or post to the forum if you have any questions or suggestions. Thanks, I will have pictures of all the finished buttons and shells up in about a week, its really cold and hard to paint as of now.

GCS Gaming Customs

I have NES and N64 Controllers in stock now. If anyone is interested in a paint job of one of these controllers, I now have them.
I will be releasing more controller pics here soon and I will put some up for sale. It is difficult to paint in the current weather conditions.

Violence

Smash Lord
Guidelines- The customer pays shipping if they choose to send one in. If you want me to purchase you a controller, I will charge you according to the controller. Every completed controller will be tested.
Classic- (Used)=$12.00 (New)=$38.00
Wavebird- (Used)=$30.00 (New)=$130.00
Where the hell can you get a new GC controller for 38 dollars?

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
$35? The paints don't cost more than $8 each =p And only one color?

This x10

I want to make a Pika controller for Axe for his influence on me in this game today, just been low on funds/pressed for time. I made Vman a controller which I planned on giving him this Apex, but my tournament controller broke and I had to use it for about 4 months lol so the paint wore out a bit. I don't even use the red one. Here have a look:

http://imgur.com/a/PDFmJ

The most I ask is for at least a controller shell so I can just paint more controllers :awesome:
use fabric painnnnttt and there some thing you spray on top to keep the paint from fading to fast ...wait till you guys see jeffs custom controllers

GCS Gaming Customs

I should probably change that. 3 weeks ago, I saw some Indigo ones going for $35. A lot can change, I guess. I also found a sight selling OFFICIAL White Gamecube Controllers for $25 a while back. I was tempted to buy, but my retardidness got the the best of me. They are now out of stock and cost $80 on eBay. Could have gotten really good stuff.......

There thats better. Hope to release pics of the Americana controller soon, it is really cold outside and that is giving me problems

GCS Gaming Customs

MikeHaggarTHAKJB
Because he doesnt charge $100 for a painted controller and he actually knows what he is doing. Apparently Im labeled for spamming when I update my forum. We already got enough of people like you trying to bring other people down.
Grow UP

Battlecow

Play to Win
Mikehaggar's a notorious troll

this is a pretty cool thread

don't need your services myself but I hope you get some business

Top Bottom