• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Curtains! The Zelda Performance Thread! Critics Welcome~

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Man he was sooo close to winning game 2. Game 3, Sonic just had Zelda figured out. Wait for her to make a move, and punish her terrible ending lag. I think a lot of Zelda players just seem to have this reflex that makes them fsmash for no reason out of fear... I'm probably the number one example of this :p

He'll get 'em next time.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I liked the down tilt spike/gimp at the start.

9:55 - 9:55: And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you DON'T use Din's Fire to land, especially not 90% of the time you're getting back to the stage <.<

That last match is a perfect example to show how much harder Zelda has to work to win once the opponent gets a read on her, or understands the matchup. X stopped messing around and stepped it up at that last match.

Gawd I feel so harsh sometimes when I critique stuff. I'm so used to Zelda, that it takes a lot more to impress me. This is why when I'm looking through my replays for combo video material, I don't find anything fascinating that I've done, because I'm so used to seeing everything with Zelda all the time.

Ven did do pretty good against that one Snake in the crew battle though, good job.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I thought that was a cool set! Ven makes use of zelda's full hop as an approach tool it seems... landing around them in ambiguous ways. gonna try this out myself :grin:

he was sussed out in the third game. i think he overused the din's recovery =(

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I thought he could have had game 2.

Why does he CP Lylat though?

It's like impossible to safely recover there.

I liked the down tilt spike/gimp at the start.

9:55 - 9:55: And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you DON'T use Din's Fire to land, especially not 90% of the time you're getting back to the stage <.<

That last match is a perfect example to show how much harder Zelda has to work to win once the opponent gets a read on her, or understands the matchup. X stopped messing around and stepped it up at that last match.

Gawd I feel so harsh sometimes when I critique stuff. I'm so used to Zelda, that it takes a lot more to impress me. This is why when I'm looking through my replays for combo video material, I don't find anything fascinating that I've done, because I'm so used to seeing everything with Zelda all the time.
I think it's just because you actually use Zelda and know what stuff should/shouldnt work.
I'm the same way though.
When you think about, any time a Zelda wins a game against a mid/high tier, the only reason she wins is because of the opponents mistakes or lack of MU knowledge.
In this case the first match was kinda X playing really silly and getting wrecked for it.
Same thing with the recent Jujux vs Leon, Leon died like super early and therefor the match was close.
Imo when the main reason the Zelda does well is because the opponent made huge mistakes(SDs, Terrible DI, etc) isn't exactly impressive on the Zelda's part.
Zelda typically can't do much that's impressive without the opponent letting it happen.

Even when watching my own matches, I realize I shouldn't/wouldn't have kills as early if the opponent DI'd.
Or that I would have easily lost a stock if the opponent had just edge hogged.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Din's recovery isn't that bad imo. It was just a poor decision on his part in that particular situation (probably a reflex/habit), and if spaced properly I can see it being effective... especially on Lylat Cruise. Obviously, overusing anything is a no-no.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Idk I agree with Mocha, it's actually not a very good option to use.
It's not really hard to punish(Just like all of Zelda's specials), Zeldas just get away with it because I guess their opponents aren't used it.
All you have to do is shield and you get a free punish unless your character is super slow.

I would never CP Lylat though.
Ever.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I thought that was a cool set! Ven makes use of zelda's full hop as an approach tool it seems... landing around them in ambiguous ways. gonna try this out myself :grin:

he was sussed out in the third game. i think he overused the din's recovery =(
Yeah, I did see him make some use of her aerial canceling, which is something some Zeldas don't do much, because they prefer to be completely ground-based.

I thought he could have had game 2.

Why does he CP Lylat though?

It's like impossible to safely recover there.
I wondered that myself. The tilt of the ship makes sweetspotting the edge a real pain, and you often have to recover above the edge to avoid gimping yourself. Course, your opponent can just sit there, wait for you, and punish. Besides the ship tilting though, the platforms are fairly decent for pressuring your opponent if you're in control of them.

But I looked back again and I think X was the one who counterpicked that stage on ven. At least I think it was ;o

I think it's just because you actually use Zelda and know what stuff should/shouldnt work.
I'm the same way though.
When you think about, any time a Zelda wins a game against a mid/high tier, the only reason she wins is because of the opponents mistakes or lack of MU knowledge.
In this case the first match was kinda X playing really silly and getting wrecked for it.
Same thing with the recent Jujux vs Leon, Leon died like super early and therefor the match was close.
Imo when the main reason the Zelda does well is because the opponent made huge mistakes(SDs, Terrible DI, etc) isn't exactly impressive on the Zelda's part.
Zelda typically can't do much that's impressive without the opponent letting it happen.

Even when watching my own matches, I realize I shouldn't/wouldn't have kills as early if the opponent DI'd.
Or that I would have easily lost a stock if the opponent had just edge hogged.
Yeah I have no doubt that's a huge part of it. Ever notice how in most combo videos, the people that are the least impressed are the ones that actually main (especially long-term) the character starred in the combo video? It's cause these people have seen these things so many times, and can't help but wonder sometimes, 'oh, that shouldn't have worked' or, 'wow he only picked dumb opponents in his videos'.

When I see good players lose to Zelda, the case is usually because the player is not familiar with the Zelda matchup, or they may be having an off day. I have played opponents before who didn't know how to fight Zelda, and they learned the matchup in only a few games, learning her glaring weaknesses and abusing them.

I can tell when someone is doing decent with Zelda, even if they're fighting players that aren't pro. I can tell when the person is thinking and when they're trying to make baits and reads. In my eyes, I see those things as qualities in a Zelda player, despite whether they win or lose. But if I see a Zelda that's just auto-piloting (and I can tell, and I do it a lot too), and if the opponent is always getting hit by her obvious pattern, then it's harder for me to agree that the Zelda player did decently.

Din's recovery isn't that bad imo. It was just a poor decision on his part in that particular situation (probably a reflex/habit), and if spaced properly I can see it being effective... especially on Lylat Cruise. Obviously, overusing anything is a no-no.
Idk I agree with Mocha, it's actually not a very good option to use.
It's not really hard to punish(Just like all of Zelda's specials), Zeldas just get away with it because I guess their opponents aren't used it.
All you have to do is shield and you get a free punish unless your character is super slow.

I would never CP Lylat though.
Ever.
It's not a bad mix up, no, especially because you can use it in such a way so that Din's ends up behind you as you leash yourself forward, meaning that if your opponent is behind you or tries to grab you, he can get hit. A good player will find ways to punish this once he starts seeing your pattern. X punished ven's landing Din's Fire at least 4 times, and 2 of those times actually got ven killed. X found out that Sonic's f-smash could both cancel Din's and hit Zelda. So he charged one, knowing ven would land with Din's, and killed him with it while the fireball vanished into nothing.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I wondered that myself. The tilt of the ship makes sweetspotting the edge a real pain, and you often have to recover above the edge to avoid gimping yourself. Course, your opponent can just sit there, wait for you, and punish. Besides the ship tilting though, the platforms are fairly decent for pressuring your opponent if you're in control of them.
But if you look back at the other matches you can actually see Ven recovers unsafely onstage most of the time, so I guess that doesn't bother him.

I can tell when someone is doing decent with Zelda, even if they're fighting players that aren't pro. I can tell when the person is thinking and when they're trying to make baits and reads. In my eyes, I see those things as qualities in a Zelda player, despite whether they win or lose. But if I see a Zelda that's just auto-piloting (and I can tell, and I do it a lot too), and if the opponent is always getting hit by her obvious pattern, then it's harder for me to agree that the Zelda player did decently.

It's not a bad mix up, no, especially because you can use it in such a way so that Din's ends up behind you as you leash yourself forward, meaning that if your opponent is behind you or tries to grab you, he can get hit. A good player will find ways to punish this once he starts seeing your pattern. X punished ven's landing Din's Fire at least 4 times, and 2 of those times actually got ven killed. X found out that Sonic's f-smash could both cancel Din's and hit Zelda. So he charged one, knowing ven would land with Din's, and killed him with it while the fireball vanished into nothing.
This x100, I'm also guilty of auto piloting in MUs and failing to mix things up sometimes.
Like I have no problem admitting when someone plays very well in a match against a good opponent, but it's hard for me to praise someone when the opponent isn't exactly playing very smart.
No tea no shade, but I'm not really impressed on Vens part, he did well but his playstyle practically consist of spamming smash attacks and LK's with the occasional dash attack/dash grab, it's very 2009-2010ish.
His recoveries are all sloppy and directly onstage(which he got punished hard for game 3) and he doesn't really do anything too advanced.
No canceled N air follow ups, no sweet spotting the ledge with Farore's, no pivote grabs, no ledge canceling, no Nayru's momentum canceling, no d throw follow ups, etc.
I suppose this is only stuff a Zelda main would notice though.
He is very nice at landing sweet spotted LKs though.

It's nice that he won a game, but imo it was more of the case of.
Game 1: Ven throws out smash attacks and LKs, X proceeds to run into a majority of them. X practically kills himself twice.
Game 2: Pretty much the same thing minus the SDs, but I think at this point X is starting to figure Zelda out. X edge hogs Ven for a free kill but gets off the ledge in time and lets him live.
Game 3: X has figured Zelda out enough to the point where he can do well with her, he stopped running into smash attacks, stopped getting hit by Din's and punished them instead, and he was capitalizing on Zelda's recovery. Ven didn't really mix anything up.

Cour I'm curious as to what you think of his Zelda, since you say mine is predictable.

tl;dr
X really didn't know the MU very well.
A lot of the stuff Ven got away with shouldn't have worked.

Rizen

Smash Legend
his playstyle practically consist of spamming smash attacks and LK's with the occasional dash attack/dash grab, it's very 2009-2010ish.
His recoveries are all sloppy and directly onstage(which he got punished hard for game 3) and he doesn't really do anything too advanced.
No canceled N air follow ups, no sweet spotting the ledge with Farore's, no pivote grabs, no ledge canceling, no Nayru's momentum canceling, no d throw follow ups, etc.
It's sad how well this describes me:scared:.

Most wins happen because someone got away with something they shouldn't have; some are more glaring than others :/ .

The boards need something lighthearted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUBlc1aYEJlv6Kcq6gbC1K7w&v=9ot9yG6ZKSk
not for critiques or to show anything. I just felt like posting. :smirk:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha, you're asking the worst player of us all and the King of Autopilot to comment? Well if you insist~

You're not *that* predictable minus your Nayru's Love landings. I honestly think if you do them let's say at most twice a game, you'll end up living longer.

Since early this year, ven has improved. He had extremely visible habits such using fsmash, landing with Din's, and most notably almost always landing with an air dodge. He has since then mixed things up (if I recall correctly) such as landing with nair. I think the reason why he's seemingly so good at sweetspotting is not because of precision, but the fact that he side airs a lot. More kicks = more sweetspots. (Although that lightning kick read on the Snake was amazing!) Like you say though, he does need to recover on the ledge though if you don't do that much Lylat is a really good CP for Zelda >_>.

Now on the flip side... "advanced" techniques don't make a player. They help with mixing up your options and survivability, but if your basics are good, then you'll be just fine. Ven's playstyle reminds me of DarkM's the most - not flashy but still effective.

Ven is an amazing Zelda player and I guess the biggest thing he can do now keep his head in the game and realizing that when you keep getting punished for something... don't do it anymore!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Double post but I would really like this post and my previous one to be separated if that's all right with everybody. Gonna get around to commenting on:

My recent tournament matches against Ed and his zelda/shiek.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hZ9GivXnE Match 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAZ619p7IF4 Match 2
To Ed:

I don't really play Sheik anymore so anything I say comes from the Peach player in me. :(

Match 1

All right, to start things off... Sheik is one of those characters that Peach can chaingrab for a VERY long time... I believe from 0% to 33% and then followed up with ftilt and one more move such as utilt. Peach is going to be fishing for grabs right away because once you are at around 8-10%, you can't be chaingrabbed as long. I would start off by camping with needles and just keeping yourself out of Peach's grab range. Her pivot grab has a deceptively large range.

Another thing that his Peach (and may other Peaches as well) does a LOT is after whiffing a move most notably fair or dsmash, he'll follow up with fsmash and if you're still close, jab. If you watch the games, you'll see he does this a LOT.

If you think he's gonna fair, just stay out of his range... wait for his followup and punish with dacus or something. If you shield fair, Peaches will 95% of the time follow up with their frame 2 jab. Fair to jab is soooo broken. Best thing to do is buffer a grab or hope his timing for jab is off. If Peach follows up fair with a ftilt, it's because the ftilt was buffered.

I noticed with your Sheik, when you get back on stage, you'll always jump airdodge/fair. Peaches like to charge fsmash while the opponent is on the ledge so fair might be the better option. A friend told me just a regular getup back on stage is godly... people usually wait for you to do something else which is why it can be a nice option.

The death at 0:50 was unfortunate :( And once again, you're at 0% and he's looking for that grab! Notice that when you did get grabbed, the chaingrab didn't last too long since you took some damage already.

I'm loving your platform cancels. Very fast and effective.

So at 1:43-ish, Peach glidetosses a turnip and grabbed you. It's a pretty common thing Peaches do. They capitalize on your fear of a followup and the opponent will usually be in their shield, vulnerable for a grab. Be wary of that.

1:56-ish, Peach escapes your ftilt string with nair. Peach's nair is very quick, and it's her combo "escaper" in the air which activates on frame 3. Peach's combo escaper on the ground is her frame 2 jab. That's something to keep in mind also.

2:33 - he knows the spacing for dacus. Very good read and reaction time.

3:35 / 3:47 - another thing I noticed he likes to do is to short hop float while the opponent is on the ledge, and bair whenever they get up. I'm not sure on this, but the best way around this is getting up just when Peach's float expires (3 seconds approximately).

Match 2

0:15 - A really good option for Peach when she's got you cornered like that is to short hop dair. It lasts long enough to make spotdodges and rolls ineffective.

0:45 - Those bairs again. (I should start trying that)

1:26 - Grab attempt, yet again :p

1:50 - Good dacus. You were really quick about it so he wasn't prepared for it.

2:50 - The zdrop turnip to fair regrab is godly against Zelda. It keeps Peach safe while keeping Zelda guessing. I honestly don't know how to get past that besides staying away and using Din's.

Be careful about staying in shield too long. Peach is scary and good at pressuring... but in your shield she's broken. Whenever Peach dairs your shield, try to be quick and punish Peach immediately afterwards when she begins to retreat after the 3rd/4th kick.

I also think Peach is very weak on the ledge. She has very few options. She can ledge hop dair/nair, and you can punish that. Peach can also fair back on stage, with all landing lag cancelled. If Peach starts doing this a LOT, stand at the very edge of the stage because fair's hitboxes don't activate until frame 15 (?) and you'll be able to punish.

This is all I can think up for now... :(

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Haha, you're asking the worst player of us all and the King of Autopilot to comment? Well if you insist~

You're not *that* predictable minus your Nayru's Love landings. I honestly think if you do them let's say at most twice a game, you'll end up living longer.

Since early this year, ven has improved. He had extremely visible habits such using fsmash, landing with Din's, and most notably almost always landing with an air dodge. He has since then mixed things up (if I recall correctly) such as landing with nair. I think the reason why he's seemingly so good at sweetspotting is not because of precision, but the fact that he side airs a lot. More kicks = more sweetspots. (Although that lightning kick read on the Snake was amazing!) Like you say though, he does need to recover on the ledge though if you don't do that much Lylat is a really good CP for Zelda >_>.

Now on the flip side... "advanced" techniques don't make a player. They help with mixing up your options and survivability, but if your basics are good, then you'll be just fine. Ven's playstyle reminds me of DarkM's the most - not flashy but still effective.
This is where I disagree though, this playstyle only works so long on a smart player.
As a prime example note the difference between game 2 and game 3.
When the person figures such a simple playstyle out you're going to come to a halt.
Not saying advanced techs are the only thing that make a player good, but being able to utilize them correctly and mixing things up are essential for higher level play when you and your opponent know the match up.

also not sure why you hold Flop Musicians Zelda so high.
literally a 2009-2010 Zelda.

Reminder that this Zelda playstyle is the same one that got her 2nd to last on the tier list.

Double post but I would really like this post and my previous one to be separated if that's all right with everybody. Gonna get around to commenting on:

Ed should have just went Zelda from the start.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
The best way is to adapt to what your opponent does... problem is for Zelda is that because she's so limited, adapting isn't easy at all. I'm honestly all for her advanced techniques, though I seem to be using love jump and ledge cancels less. Usually, I settle for just reverse Nayru's and nair cancels. Nair cancel to sweetspot kick is the best feeling in the world <3

I think DarkM's Zelda is impressive because he seems to play smart, and makes good decisions. I mean he held his own against the top Falco in North America so I do have respect for him as a player.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
In friendlies no?

I beat Shugo the first friendly we played.
Riot did well against Bloodcross in tourny.
Not sure what youre getting at with that.

I guess I'm just not impressed when Zelda's do well against/beat players who clearly don't know the MU.

Edit:
EAUX and I heard through the grapevine about your shade you threw at me in the top 5 thread.

Something about vinnie getting first( even though he used ICs...) and how I've never done anything near that.

Riot/DM/Mocha havent done anything like that either so I dunno why you felt the need to point just me out.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
No I didn't even put him on my hypothetical list. I just said you're like the only active Zelda but apparently Ed and ven are still active with her. It's a silly thread anyway.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
But if you look back at the other matches you can actually see Ven recovers unsafely onstage most of the time, so I guess that doesn't bother him.
Since early this year, ven has improved. He had extremely visible habits such using fsmash, landing with Din's...
For as long as I've known ven (from what I've seen of him in his videos and even from playing him online), he's always had a habit of landing with Din's Fire a lot. I blame partly wifi for this habit of his, because in lag, this is harder to punish. He plays exactly the same both online and offline, and with less Nayru's Love offline.

I pointed out to him, along with many other people, including people that gave him feedback on his ladder record - to stop landing with Din's all the time. He keeps doing it. Habits are not easy to break out of, I know this. But his problem is that he doesn't care to break out of it. He's happy with his playstyle and feels that it's working for him. Ven has improved a bit with time and he'll keep improving, but at the rate he's going, he's going to have to find out through himself as to what to improve on, rather than listen to what people point out to him.

I wish him well and hope he strives to become a fantastic Zelda. He's very confident, but not dedicated enough to consider things he should change.

This x100, I'm also guilty of auto piloting in MUs and failing to mix things up sometimes.
Like I have no problem admitting when someone plays very well in a match against a good opponent, but it's hard for me to praise someone when the opponent isn't exactly playing very smart.
I auto-pilot a lot too. And the thing is, it's a lot easier for me to watch a video/replay of myself or someone else and criticize it, as opposed to me being aware of all my mistakes during actual gameplay. When I'm practicing friendlies with Diska, he'll sometimes point out to me if I'm doing something predictable, and even if he doesn't, I'll start to realize after awhile that whatever I'm doing is getting punished, so I have to mix it up.

I criticize myself a lot during and between matches, and in some ways, I find it helpful because it allows me to try harder. Discovering my own habits (or being told about my habits) makes me aware of habits in general, meaning I start trying to read my opponent's habits. And it's with this where I work on my baits and reads.

I may not be an amazing player or best Zelda, but I'm very dedicated to the game, and have put a lot of effort into improving my Zelda over time. And I want to keep doing so, despite occasional, pressing life matters.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Sorry for double post, I wanted to keep my points separate, not all in one big post. But I can copy this to my previous post, if necessary.

also not sure why you hold Flop Musicians Zelda so high.
literally a 2009-2010 Zelda.
I think DarkM's Zelda is impressive because he seems to play smart, and makes good decisions. I mean he held his own against the top Falco in North America so I do have respect for him as a player.
I'm personally biased because I think DarkM is a nice guy, and he also taught me a lot when I first started playing Brawl competitively, so I have respect for him. He does try make reads with Zelda, albeit playing simple. He's had a lot of experience fighting different characters.

His problem though is that he's been kinda inactive and seemingly lost interest in the game. It's not that he's gotten worse as a player, it's that everyone else has gotten better.

I used 100% Zelda that tourney :/ not ICs...

/namesearch
Vinnie, did any of the matches get saved? Would be nice to see your Zelda sometime. Like I said, I had no idea you used Zelda. Did you recently pick her up, or have you been secretly using her on the side for a long time? xD

Also, I started picking up ICs couple of weeks ago just for fun and before I know it, a whole bunch of Zelda/ICs users are trying each other out. You, Delux, me, Milky, and two other Zeldas. Like wth lol

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Best way to break habits is to have you friends call you out on it every time it happens. If you notice it, say it out loud.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Very true, though most of my friends don't really play Brawl lol (since they're mostly girls and not into Brawl as much as I am). But Diska points out stuff to me, and sometimes when I go to tournaments and have friendlies, I ask others for suggestions and whatnot.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I blame partly wifi for this habit of his, because in lag, this is harder to punish. He plays exactly the same both online and offline, and with less Nayru's Love offline.

I wish him well and hope he strives to become a fantastic Zelda. He's very confident, but not dedicated enough to consider things he should change.

I auto-pilot a lot too. And the thing is, it's a lot easier for me to watch a video/replay of myself or someone else and criticize it, as opposed to me being aware of all my mistakes during actual gameplay.

I criticize myself a lot during and between matches, and in some ways, I find it helpful because it allows me to try harder.
It's hard to transition from wifi to offline or vice versa. They work differently and habits carried over from either can be bad. It took me a looong time to figure out how to safely play offstage on wifi (varying lag still kills me:urg:).

The thing about critiques is they're great when people ask for them but unwanted critiques are often anti-productive. Especially ones people have heard before. Some people, myself included have a pet-peeve about that.

I don't do well considering my mistakes between/during matches. I'm one of those people who gets frustrated and does even worse:urg:. So I try to focus on playing my best instead and review mistakes later.
Also, I started picking up ICs couple of weeks ago just for fun and before I know it, a whole bunch of Zelda/ICs users are trying each other out. You, Delux, me, Milky, and two other Zeldas. Like wth lol
ICs is the new Peach:bee:. (ICs are the new Peach?:dizzy:)

Master_Morrison

Smash Cadet
hey rizen

you played my zelda in doubles with my brother elite gaymer no?
what did you think of her? cuz im trying to improve with her
but when i get gimped so badly or i gimp myself i go rob
and or oli

Master_Morrison

Smash Cadet
also is it possible to send my replays to someone cuz i have them saved but i dont have any way of transfering them or uploading so can i send it to someone else's wii so they can upload it?

Rizen

Smash Legend
you played my zelda in doubles with my brother elite gaymer no?
what did you think of her? cuz im trying to improve with her
but when i get gimped so badly or i gimp myself i go rob
and or oli
You and Elite were both very good; I wondered if you 2 used the same wii because your team combos were so good.
It's hard to specifically critique from those games because the wifi lag and team chaos. Elite did a good job covering you and vise-versa.
You could have used some of Zelda's tools more. Din's was only used for support spam when the battle was 2 vs 1 and could have been thrown in more. Nayru's wasn't used much, it's good for hitting the opponent to be launched behind Zelda and has good GTFO multi-hit 'interrupting' potential to reset the situation. You would often go strait for Zelda's power moves, like smashes, Uair, LKs and could have done more damage by adding Nairs and Dtilts. Ftilt and Utilt would have KOed earlier than stale smashes too.
Your Zelda teamwork was good, so was you spacing. I know the lag killed everyone's precision and led to move spamming and SDs so I understand wanting to Usmash a lot. Which also makes it more profitable to use big moves because a player can get away with more than normal.
TBH I didn't notice how you recovered but team wifi lag + Zelda's already limited recovery means she'll SD or be gimped when she shouldn't be frequently.
I can't remember everything and lag hurt everyone but I did see you played well. The other characters were better and it seemed like you were more experienced with them. Work on using Zelda's specific game and not using her as much as a generic partner, is my advice. But again, those weren't the best games to critique.

lol, I'm tired and rambling. 'Hope that helps.

Master_Morrison

Smash Cadet
thanks rizen
it means alot i dont use n's love because i feel its too laggy and easy to punish
i do use her tilts but i usually use dtilt more than any of the others i dont utilt anymore as much as i did because i would get punished alot and or random lag would mess me up
right now its funny but me and my brother are playing with broken and badly used up controls XD
but i know if we had some newer ones we can play much better
so is it possible to send my video to someone else's wii so they can upload it for me

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Elite Gaymer? I played him, Master_Morrison. I think my partner and I even teamed up against you guys. I do remember him having a partner that went Zelda every now and then, was that you? Your brother is good, but plays mad ghey lol. Still, gotta do what it takes to win, hm?

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
ohh! thank you so much :3

there will happen the weirdest/scariest/funniest thing has ever happened to me xD

Rizen

Smash Legend
Crazy!
pause it (before it loads and plays) here, just before the hit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2jooWWIjGJQ#t=292s
and here to see the hitstun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2jooWWIjGJQ#t=292s

...? Maybe youtube only has 1 video load point per second.
I think you LKicked his upper leg and only the leg below his knee is disjointed. (When his leg's upside down the 'upper leg' is lower). Snake then entered LK hitstun so it looks like the kick hit above his head but that's just his hitstun pose.
Good stuff!

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I know it's super crazy stuff but, it's just too cool and funny!!!

Good thing I didn't screw up to the point I'd forget saving it lol

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm my guess is probably... Snake's leg was still in the air when he got kicked. Snake probably doesn't have erm... an animation for hitstun with his leg up in the air and the fact that Zelda's sweetspot freezes the victim for a short time made it look strange?

No idea.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
he seems to have a hurtbox over there, but what I still don't get is what happened to the hitbox of the tilt x_x

I been hit by that thing many times in comparable range... I really don't know what happened... we'll probably never know...

*thinks for a second*

now I get it!! this is brawl!!! the game where the weirdest things happen xD

GIFSoup

EDIT: that goes to my sig lol(whenever I find out how to make it visible :p)

Top Bottom