• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current highest known GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
Hmm thats weird. I don't think the highest GSP was anywhere near 4.9 mil 6 months ago

It prob increased as more ppl got the game and ranked lower than u idk
That's exactly how it works! I agree with Dark though, I have 8 characters in elite smash, and I think I have played only 2 or 3 of them since around Christmas. Some sort of point decay for inactivity would make sense, even if it only kicked in after a month or so, just to stop people like me from taking up more elite smash space with unused characters.

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
5,041,022 with G&W. Haven't seen anyone higher yet. Did I miss someone in the above that is higher??

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
5,041,022 with G&W. Haven't seen anyone higher yet. Did I miss someone in the above that is higher??
I'm 5.107.xxx with Zelda.
So yeah, there are definitely people with higher GSP.
The highest I've seen was something with around 5.158.xxx with a Roy.

Last edited:

J.I.L

Banned via Administration
Seriously, 5.041 million is the highest you’ve seen? Lol. That’s peanuts compared to the entire elite smash sector, My falco and ness dwarf that by 35k+, and my bowser jr by 65k+. if you played a few more games against others... I’m very sure you’d have seen people far above 5.04 mil.

Lacrimosa Lacrimosa WHAT!? How can a mere Roy be that good? Do you have any footage of his game play?

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Lacrimosa Lacrimosa WHAT!? How can a mere Roy be that good? Do you have any footage of his game play?
Nop. But I know he beats Light (a German Palutena, don't know if he ever played the Fox Light) quite solidly, albeit online and he doesn't go to any tournaments. So sadly no.

Nah

Smash Champion
it's kind of nutty how high GSP keeps getting

Like, you look back on older posts and what was a high GSP back then is now a very low one, same with the Elite Smash threshold. It'll be any day now when 5 million+ is the bare minimum for it I imagine.

Kind of have to wonder who's the Robin with the highest GSP right now. I'm at just over 5 million right now and haven't seen a Robin with one higher than mine (although I've also only seen like 5 other Robins in my entire time online, not exactly the most common character lol), but there's no way in hell that I am or ever will be the highest GSP Robin.

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
Weird that I don't see many D3 players in the 4.9 mil GSP+ range. Almost any D3 player I come across had GSP lower than 4.8 mil GSP. Maybe my GSP isn't high enough to see those D3 players? (currently right under 4.9 mil GSP (~around 4.88 mil GSP) with D3). I could say the same for Ike. Is it just me, or are those two just not popular up there?

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
I play against a ton of D3's and a fair amount of Ike's. Between D3 and Ganon Ive seen both above 5M already.
Of your guys I do not belive ive seen a 5M Bowser yet, but i've played a few 5M DK's.

Big_Link_Guy

Smash Rookie
Seriously, 5.041 million is the highest you’ve seen? Lol. That’s peanuts compared to the entire elite smash sector, My falco and ness dwarf that by 35k+, and my bowser jr by 65k+. if you played a few more games against others... I’m very sure you’d have seen people far above 5.04 mil.

I am 4.9 something with Link but it’s weird because I am not in elite but my GSP didn’t no go up a single digit after I won a game in quick play. Explain that? Also I’m calling for all pro links to come see me 1v1.

J.I.L

I am 4.9 something with Link but it’s weird because I am not in elite but my GSP didn’t no go up a single digit after I won a game in quick play. Explain that? Also I’m calling for all pro links to come see me 1v1.
Means your oppenet disconnected (most likely ragequit) before game ended.

Big_Link_Guy

Smash Rookie
Means your oppenet disconnected (most likely ragequit) before game ended.
I did 3 stock wolf so that does make sense. Does anyone know highest GSP held with link/the amount it takes to unlock elite with him?

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
Got my G&W up to 5,116,923. It's good and bad at this level for two reasons. Good because I lost one and lost only 800 some odd points, no joke! But bad when I won two or three I only went up 1K at a time. Looks like this must be somewhere around the cap right now as the swings in increases/decreases is almost nonexistent.

And it is lame when you don't go up in GSP after winning. Whether it is 1v1 or a melee the only factor I have seen to not gain GSP is if a player quits. If they quit you normally see the screen freeze for a few seconds and then no one will gain/lose GSP after the match. Go back after a night and you will notice your GSP uptick.

Anyone else out there see trends in why GSP doesn't increase after wins?

J.I.L

Got my G&W up to 5,116,923. It's good and bad at this level for two reasons. Good because I lost one and lost only 800 some odd points, no joke! But bad when I won two or three I only went up 1K at a time. Looks like this must be somewhere around the cap right now as the swings in increases/decreases is almost nonexistent.

And it is lame when you don't go up in GSP after winning. Whether it is 1v1 or a melee the only factor I have seen to not gain GSP is if a player quits. If they quit you normally see the screen freeze for a few seconds and then no one will gain/lose GSP after the match. Go back after a night and you will notice your GSP uptick.

Once again, you're no where near the cap. I'll say it again. My falco and ness surpass your gsp by 8-10K respectivly, and my bowser jr by like 36k. And I played an inkling who was 36K above my Bower Jr, making someone have 72k higher gsp then you. That means you'd have to win about 75 games in a row in ELITE smash to get near the highest gsp i've seen. And according to this link The max gsp is 5.218 million. Now those numbers tend to be slightly inflated so I wager max is around 5.2-5.210 million.

To answer your question, if someone disconnets midway through battle on quikcplay, you don't gain any gsp once the game is finished because you beat (or loss to) a bot.

Big_Link_Guy

Smash Rookie

Could not be more lame is right! I have not noticed any other trends. Thanks

Big_Link_Guy

Smash Rookie
Once again, you're no where near the cap. I'll say it again. My falco and ness surpass your gsp by 8-10K respectivly, and my bowser jr by like 36k. And I played an inkling who was 36K above my Bower Jr, making someone have 72k higher gsp then you. That means you'd have to win about 75 games in a row in ELITE smash to get near the highest gsp i've seen. And according to this link The max gsp is 5.218 million. Now those numbers tend to be slightly inflated so I wager max is around 5.2-5.210 million.

To answer your question, if someone disconnets midway through battle on quikcplay, you don't gain any gsp once the game is finished because you beat (or loss to) a bot.
How do you figure 75 games? Come see me in battle arena so I can set that tone of yours straight.

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
I may not be anywhere near the 5.1 mil GSP range, but to answer your question when you're at that high of a GSP, winning once would only net 1k~2k GSP at most (like JMPG&W stated above), and you would lose approximately the same amount. On average, I think it's ~1,241 GSP per win. All the while I'm still sitting at 4.9 mil GSP earning 10~12k GSP per win and lose the same amount.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know what the current GSP is for ES?..i try to avoid ES because well..only playing 1v1 is not really my thing so i try to stay underneath it..i got a few characters close to 5 mil now soooo i want to know howe far i could go with them if i wanted to? ^^''

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
does anyone know what the current GSP is for ES?..i try to avoid ES because well..only playing 1v1 is not really my thing so i try to stay underneath it..i got a few characters close to 5 mil now soooo i want to know howe far i could go with them if i wanted to? ^^''
Based on elitegsp.com, it is (currently) at 5.06 mil GSP (average). Like you, I don't like playing 1 v 1s either. Although some people get Elite Smash at exactly 5M GSP while some others at 5.14M GSP, so I guess if you want to avoid being in ES, then maybe hover somewhere around 4.95M ~ 5.01M GSP? That's where I am right now too.

Dilan Omer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dildry
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
GSP just doesnt decay. And no true ranking. Still very lame mode. I wonder if they might change it up since they are also adding Online Tournaments back from Smash 4 into the game.

J.I.L

GSP just doesnt decay. And no true ranking. Still very lame mode. I wonder if they might change it up since they are also adding Online Tournaments back from Smash 4 into the game.
THEY ARE ADDING ONLINE TOURNAMENTS?!!!!!!!!!!

J.I.L

Yeah havent you watched the Hero's direct?
Yeah, when you said that. I jumped on my switch, finished the download. Turns out they update tourney rules every week. Have not watch hero direct

Misty Venn

Smash Cadet
My :ultinkling: is at 5.3 mill, and I just got :ultkirby:to 5.05 mill too :3. The highest I've seen though was 5.4 mill Chrom

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
How are you seeing a 5.4 mil Chrom??? The maximum GSP in Elite Smash is 5,310,647 (currently). 5.4 mil GSP is impossible. Did you mean a 5.3 mil Chrom??

Last edited:

Misty Venn

Smash Cadet
How are you seeing a 5.4 mil Chrom??? The maximum GSP in Elite Smash is 5,310,647 (currently). 5.4 mil GSP is impossible. Did you mean a 5.3 mil Chrom??
ah, there are several typos in my post! (this is what you get for smashboarding at work. The Chrom was 5.3, and my Inkling is only 5.2, my bad y'all.

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
Very nice! Got my G&W up to 5,421,034. The past couple of wins I’ve onlt gone up 500-1K now. What’s the highest anyone else has seen?

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
My Dark Samus is at 5.47mil, and the highest I know about is a little over 5.51mil

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
Haven't seen 5.5 yet. I've got to 5.47 tonight. Had three or four 1v1's I won where the person quit. So my GSP should go up a good amount nxt time I log back on. Is anyone not getting any multi-man melee's in Elite anymore? All I get is 1v1's.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Haven't seen 5.5 yet. I've got to 5.47 tonight. Had three or four 1v1's I won where the person quit. So my GSP should go up a good amount nxt time I log back on. Is anyone not getting any multi-man melee's in Elite anymore? All I get is 1v1's.
ES is almost exclusively 1v1. I had literally one match that was a 3 player and they just sd when the match started and then didn't rematch.

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
If you want FFAs or team battles, usually 100k GSP below Elite it's still possible (so max GSP where you could MAYBE still get one is around 5.26M GSP (which is where my highest is currently)), but having said that, it's still quite rare. Tryhards who love doing 1 v 1s would probably just SD once they see a third person (or two more ppl) in the room (I've had that happen once in a 3 player FFA, where one player just didn't want to do the FFA and is willing to get last, reducing the match to an honest 1 v 1, which I have a good chance of winning). I'd say usually 3.5M ~ 5M GSP is where you see the most FFAs and team battles.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
such a struggle staying underneath the ES range with certain characters..i know if i would play full days with Toon Link & Peach maybe even Inkling, Palutena and Rosalina and it are good days..then i might get to it..i never purposely lose a match so now that i made it to 5,3 mil with Toon Link..i gotta stop again..juuust not fun that the ES takes so long to go higher..if you ask me it may get in the 6 mil range now so i can play him more without ES in mind >.<

my Zelda/Dark pit/Roy still go back and forth GSP wise which is good in a way..it just means i can play them more haha
since BA is just not my thing QP is it for me

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the max GSP in ES would go up to 6 mil until at least late October/early November (that's lowballing it). Most smashers have school to attend to (obviously can't play as often when that happens), so I don't think the max GSP in ES would rise in the next 2.5 months. Likely, it'll probably boot up to > 6 mil GSP directly right around the Christmas holidays.

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
I have 5,333,172 with Ness, it's currently my highest. He is not in Elite Smash, but that's not relevant, let's talk about the currently highest GSP.

GSP is getting higher and higher, two months ago the highest possible GSP in the game is less than what's required to currently get in Elite. According to GSPTracker, the currently highest GSP possible is estimated to be 5,565,946. This is not a concrete number but it seems about right. The number is going to rise at this rate of play as players continue to get more and more due to how Ultimate's online mechanics work. I promise, we're going to reach 6 million at some point, and it's only going to rise from there.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm at 5,475,000ish, don't remember the exact number. I have seen players at ~5,556,000 and elitegsp.com estimates 5,568,885 being possible.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the max GSP in ES would go up to 6 mil until at least late October/early November (that's lowballing it). Most smashers have school to attend to (obviously can't play as often when that happens), so I don't think the max GSP in ES would rise in the next 2.5 months. Likely, it'll probably boot up to > 6 mil GSP directly right around the Christmas holidays.
yeah that's true and understandable of course! it's just me being disappointed and sometimes annoyed that i have to play this way,
if ES was for everyone including for people like me who love FFA and team matches then i wouldn't try so hard to avoid ES
but somehow it's strictly 1v1 and after 2 or 3 1v1 matches in a row i already had enough of it tbh and some days i don't even want to play any 1v1 matches at all.
if ES would allow every ruleset then that would had been great!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom