• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current highest known GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROSÁLINE

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 0137 2634 3811
Oh man, I remember when the highest GPS to get into elite smash was like 2m xD. And I agree, GPS really is lame in this game. I only have one character in elite smash, and my Rosalina and Luma just gets lucky. I got to 5.428m after fighting a person less than 3m GPS. Thought that had been fixed. Although, GPS really means nothing, since they could have lost it all to make a video of them getting it back or something. I also find that it is easier to get higher GPS if you start from a very low GSP and just non-stop fight. The system for some reason will continue to match you with lower-ranked players even when you are higher ranked.

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
Something I noticed is that the GSP matchmaking is worse in the early day, like 6-8am. Here, you can be 5.3 million and still encounter 4.7 million players on a regular basis.

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
It depends on the time of day. People in Elite Smash I find usually go on in the afternoons and nights, and also never in the early mornings.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Do we know if every character has their own GSP, or if all characters share one big GSP?

For example, if I have K Rool in Elite Smash, is that compared to all K Rools that have ever played online, or is that based on all players that have ever played online regardless of what character they picked?

Last edited:

J.I.L

Banned via Administration
Do we know if every character has their own GSP, or if all characters share one big GSP?

For example, if I have K Rool in Elite Smash, is that compared to all K Rools that have ever played online, or is that based on all players that have ever played online regardless of what character they picked?
Based on one overall GSP. My falco and ness had the exact same GSP, and after few days later still had the same GSP but was just increased. So unless in that window of time, falco players and ness players had the exact same sucess rate, it's probably one big GSP pool.

Grimel

Smash Cadet
Don't characters fall out of elite anymore if you don't play them? I have a couple of characters that I am pretty sure are below the 96,5th percentile and they are still in elite and I haven't played them for months. In the past I lost elite with a couple of characters after some inactivity but not anymore.

Edit: Ok, apparently they are still over the threshold. Just saw a streamer on twitch who has 4000 points less than me who is also in elite.

Last edited:

candysell

Smash Cadet
It's very difficult to get any higher. I only go up by like 100 gsp per win.
SmartSelect_20191015-003513_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

CrookedMailman

Smash Rookie
Don't characters fall out of elite anymore if you don't play them? I have a couple of characters that I am pretty sure are below the 96,5th percentile and they are still in elite and I haven't played them for months. In the past I lost elite with a couple of characters after some inactivity but not anymore.

Edit: Ok, apparently they are still over the threshold. Just saw a streamer on twitch who has 4000 points less than me who is also in elite.
Sometimes its a little odd. I've noticed that I can hit around 5.3~5.6 with my DK and inkling(I haven't tried with anyone else) in fluctuation and I can't even seem to trigger elite smash. It's getting a little tilting. I actually haven't gotten a single character into elite smash. Is there some pre-requisite I don't know about? Also, if a characters GSP grows, I don't think it can get you into elite smash. A mate had his KKR grow into like 4.8m a while back when that was ES worthy and didn't get it until he played a game as KKR. It was previously elite smash but had fallen out despite being over the threshold.

Grimel

Smash Cadet
Sometimes its a little odd. I've noticed that I can hit around 5.3~5.6 with my DK and inkling(I haven't tried with anyone else) in fluctuation and I can't even seem to trigger elite smash. It's getting a little tilting. I actually haven't gotten a single character into elite smash. Is there some pre-requisite I don't know about? Also, if a characters GSP grows, I don't think it can get you into elite smash. A mate had his KKR grow into like 4.8m a while back when that was ES worthy and didn't get it until he played a game as KKR. It was previously elite smash but had fallen out despite being over the threshold.
I am still not completely sure how it works. I thought you just have to be in the top 3,5% of GSP with a character to get into Elite Smash. Elite is around 5,5 mil right now. When a new DLC character comes out he isn't automatically in elite even though he would be just taking his GSP into account but you need to play at least one game to get into elite.

My GSP
https://imgur.com/a/M9egPCW

Last edited:

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Don't characters fall out of elite anymore if you don't play them?
Is there some pre-requisite I don't know about?
GSP is just an abstraction of your rank. It's still pretty much first, second, third, etc, just has Smash's own twist to it. As more people buy the game and/or play online for the first time, the GSP cap will grow and move everyone up relative to what rank they had before. So you'll still be say "33rd" your GSP will just move up with the new players entering, bringing you from say 3,555,630 to 3,557,436. Your overall position will still stay the same, just the numbers will go up to reflect the new overall GSP amount, stemming from the new players joining.

So your "real" rank doesn't actually go up or down solely from new players joining. What does, is other players doing better relative to you. People "fall out" of Elite Smash due to other players of that character winning more games than you. And some people can stay relatively the same despite not playing that character for a long time, because they happen to have a really high rank that other players can't achieve.

For example, my Ness has fallen out of Elite before and required me to go and "touch up" on him. I didn't get very far into Elite with Ness, so it's not surprising it didn't take long to "fall out" with such a popular character. In contrast, a lot of my other Elite characters have stayed roughly the same, because I got pretty deep into Elite with them and there aren't many players who can reach that high to usurp me.

Edit: Oh and the prerequisite to getting to Elite is simply passing over a certain GSP threshold. What that is currently I don't know though, I don't play online much anymore and don't have many characters at that level.

Last edited:

Technourgos

Smash Cadet
I've been in Elite Smash since the first day I played online. I purchased another Nintendo subscription card to play on another file and got into Elite Smash after nine matches. This other account is solely for me to focus on learning, rather than winning. In other words, while I don't stick around after winning or losing, I stick around after winning or losing on this new account.

TheBlazed

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 2081 4816 7712

With Link

I face alot of 5.8 meaning im probably playing some of the best people at their character

Rayn 4fun

Smash Rookie
I’m at 5.85 with megaman and ganon. I’ve recently played a few people in the lower 5.9 mil. They completely destroyed me

stixie

Smash Apprentice
I’m at 5.85 with megaman and ganon. I’ve recently played a few people in the lower 5.9 mil. They completely destroyed me
Yeah and the cap of GSP to get INTO elite smash is now 5.7ish.

GSP is so completely worthless.

Smash should be like Hearthstone with a ranking system. You win a game you gain a star (or smash ball - whatever) you lose a game you lose one. Win 5 games... you go to the next rank. Beyond rank 1 would be elite smash where you CANNOT FALL OUT OF until the end of the season (month) and you are given your ACTUAL GLOBAL RANK every time you play a game in elite smash.

So stupid. Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:

DiCE6

Smash Rookie
The competitive side of me agrees that GSP is complete trash hands down. And at the same time I rage so hard when I cant beat someone higher than me :hulk::cry::laugh: Any other Lucas mains up in the 5's?

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
G&W here, Tag ‘JMP_G&W’. I’m currently at 5,989... there has to be 6M guys out there.

And has anyone figured out how to post screen shots or images to this forum while replying via mobile?

candysell

Smash Cadet
G&W here, Tag ‘JMP_G&W’. I’m currently at 5,989... there has to be 6M guys out there.

And has anyone figured out how to post screen shots or images to this forum while replying via mobile?
Right here

13092.jpg

Math Math

Smash Rookie
Alright I overcame my saltiness and got back in the game (my last post here was Apr 10, 2019 lmao)
Currently playing casually, though according to elitegsp.com with 6 101 322 :ultganondorf: I'm in the top 1.75% of online players. I'm considering entering local friendlies/tournaments.. anyone have experience with those? At first glance it seemed like a weird and quite closed community. I'm also wondering if this score is potentially good enough.. Cheers y'all

Last edited:

candysell

Smash Cadet
The conpetitive scene is a lot tougher than
Alright I overcame my saltiness and got back in the game (my last post here was Apr 10, 2019 lmao)
Currently playing casually, though according to elitegsp.com with 6 101 322 :ultganondorf: I'm in the top 1.75% of online players. I'm considering entering local friendlies/tournaments.. anyone have experience with those? At first glance it seemed like a weird and quite closed community. I'm also wondering if this score is potentially good enough.. Cheers y'all
The competitive scene is a lot tougher. I went to my first tournament a few months back and Mr. G&W. People played differently than online. They don't fall for the shenanegins like they do online. You have to adapt quickly. I still managed to get 5th place out of 58 people. The people are no joke, I guess depending on who's there.

Go for it, it's a lot of fun. And if you do join, then good luck.

Jezo

Smash Cadet
Currently sitting at around 6,315,000 GSP, which is funny given EliteGSP.com is saying the estimated highest possible is 6,283,056 GSP

stixie

Smash Apprentice
Currently sitting at around 6,315,000 GSP, which is funny given EliteGSP.com is saying the estimated highest possible is 6,283,056 GSP
They're a bit slow sometimes.

I've been there too where winning gives you only in the hundreds of gsp (and then you lose and lose 200K LOL).

skunkdad

Smash Rookie
Hello! I’m Skunk from the Bay Area reporting in with Link as my main and a little over 5mill gsp. Find me online 1 on 1 no items.

elite

Blutrausch

Smash Cadet
My Samus was at 6.37+ million today. It obviously has increased since then. On my other file, I think she's at 6.39+ million.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Broke 6,410M yesterday.
Have to fight some tournament players (at least I think I do based off the name and character usage) more frequently now and it's actually super fun.

Last edited:

stixie

Smash Apprentice
Broke 6,410M yesterday.
Have to fight some tournament players (at least I think I do based off the name and character usage) more frequently now and it's actually super fun.
Dang, 6.4 is pretty good. I'm at 6.32 and honestly the Zelda buffs have been AMAZING, feels like a brand new character.

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
I am at 6.34m with Shulk and at 6.4m with Megaman.

A few days ago I ran into Keitaro's Snake as Shulk and we clapped each other but he ended up winning.

You can really differentiate between low Elite and High Elite tho, High Elite players have great movement and punish super hard.

It is actually really fun to play against them.

whampo

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure GSP is just based globally. Like, if you have 4,000,000 GSP, a couple weeks later, you could not even play the game and you'll be somewhere upwards of 6,500,000. Sure, you can still get GSP from fights, but after you reached or approach the current cap, you're only going to get hundreds or even tens of GSP from each match who, as far as I can observe. That's why when you lose a match near the cap, you'll lose literal hundreds of thousands of GSP from one match. Not too sure about this though

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
6,6Million
Need to stop losing to laggy opponents but Zelda is so bad when there is laggy environment and characters I absolutely hate to fight in general (:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultkingdedede:)

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
6.704M and I main G&W. I saw a Zelda at 6.742M and other than that I haven't gotten any higher or played anyone higher than me.
As a side note sooooooooo many people play as zelda online. Its frustrating. I don't play terrible against Zelda's but really struggle against Palutena. She needs to be nerfed asap lol

Merc361

Smash Rookie
6.768M i main sanic :3 and i see why he is considered a wifi god. I did see a cloud who just up b'd literally anythin and somehow had 6.789M. i guess its what i deserve for "just pressing b" lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom