• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current highest known GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm currently watching Mang0's stream and I've noticed that losing a game only costs him about 1~2k GSP now. I believe this is also part of the adjusted calculation method. Now so far I've only seen his Wario but I think with how much he plays quick play, he gets punished less than someone like me who rarely plays and loses about 20k or so. I want to think it's dependent on how much you play a character but I don't know enough to be sure of that so I just want to give an heads up and see how everyone else can take from this.

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
My Dark Samus is at 3.58mil right now.

I fought a Villager at 3.623mil, which is the highest I've seen and is basically right at the ceiling. I think ZeRo is slightly below that but I haven't checked his stream in a while so he might have increased his ranking.

KingDadada

Smash Rookie
My Dark Samus is at 3.58mil right now.

I fought a Villager at 3.623mil, which is the highest I've seen and is basically right at the ceiling. I think ZeRo is slightly below that but I haven't checked his stream in a while so he might have increased his ranking.
I saw a 3.626 Rob tonight.

Last edited:

Madison Turner

Smash Cadet
I want to think it's dependent on how much you play a character but I don't know enough to be sure of that so I just want to give an heads up and see how everyone else can take from this.
I do believe it has to do with how much you play a character. The first bunch of matches you play are sort of like placement matches, where it bounces you around wildly. The more you play with a character, the less change you tend to see per game. I've been playing Diddy Kong just about every day on Quickplay since the game's release, and I often move up or down less than 1k per win or loss, whereas characters that I've played a single digit or early double digit number of games on move up and down in huge numbers (50k-100k maybe?) for each win or loss. It's just trying to find a comfortable place for you to play based on your current skill level, and as you improve (or get worse), you'll start to slowly climb or fall from there.

My Diddy is currently 3,587m.

tymandude1

Smash Rookie
Anyone else done the calculations for what percent of players are in Elite Smash? I used 6.2M as the baseline for the max population and according to elitegsp.com the entry level is about 3.508M which would be about the top 1.2%.

This has fluctuated though and I've seen it be top 4%, top 3%, top 5% and everything in between over the last week or two.

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
Based on the correlation between the reported highest known GSP reported in this thread and the reported threshold for entry into Elite reported in another thread, I believe it has been pretty consistently shown that Elite Smash is about the top 3%of all online players. This could have changed with the 2.0.0 update, but given how none of my 7 Elite characters got dropped out that seems unlikely.

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else done the calculations for what percent of players are in Elite Smash? I used 6.2M as the baseline for the max population and according to elitegsp.com the entry level is about 3.508M which would be about the top 1.2%.

This has fluctuated though and I've seen it be top 4%, top 3%, top 5% and everything in between over the last week or two.
Earlier in this thread we confirmed it's over 3%. The best estimate we have from this thread and all the other info from players on different threads and websites is that Elite Smash is at least the top 3.5% of players.

Nobody has proven it to be as high as 4%, but we have gotten very close to 3.5% by using ZeRo's GSP as the ceiling. Since he's likely very close to the true ceiling, it's either 3.5% or barely much higher.

Edit:

Which means the ceiling is currently close to 3.64mil. Just an estimate but it should be a close one.

Last edited:

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
Jtails was at 3.7 million yesterday on his stream with Ness. At least that's what the title of his stream said, I came in too late to see him play quickplay.

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
Been making small gains with Dark Samus, currently at 3.607mil.

Highest I know about is 3.643mil.

Mikazuki

Smash Cadet
I haven't played Elite for some days now, but before the patch both my ZSS and Corrin had exactly the same points, now after I fired up the patch, their difference in points is like more than 10.000 points with ZSS taking the lead. Like I said, I haven't played with either of them. So GSP must have somehow been adjusted, any guesses on how?

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played Elite for some days now, but before the patch both my ZSS and Corrin had exactly the same points, now after I fired up the patch, their difference in points is like more than 10.000 points with ZSS taking the lead. Like I said, I haven't played with either of them. So GSP must have somehow been adjusted, any guesses on how?
The patch did adjust the way GSP was calculated. As to what adjustments were made, your guess is as good as anyone's haha. Their calculations remain a mystery.

Glabatron

Smash Rookie
Currently at 3.625 with my DDD, anyone want to exchange friend codes and test their mettle?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Do you think that people who place high in tournaments would on average have high gsp too?
If they play online a lot, yes. It's not perfect, but the system is still roughly correlated with skill, as long as you put in the games for it to place you. Tournament players will win the vast majority of their matches, causing them to climb the ladder quickly.

Having a slightly higher GSP than someone doesn't necessarily mean you're better than them, but if you've both gotten past the placement phase and you have a significantly higher GSP, it's a pretty good indication.

Last edited:

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
Currently at 3.654mil, highest GSP I know of is 3.69mil.

Do you think that people who place high in tournaments would on average have high gsp too?
As leafgreen said, as long as they play online then yes. Especially in the upper portion of Elite, GSP is a fairly good indicator of skill. The people who are 20,000 GSP ahead of me are simply better than me. They're within reach and I know I can improve enough to get there, but as I am now they outclass me.

It'd be interesting to see the average GSP percentile of the people who win local tournaments.

Last edited:

malicecrossrevolver

Smash Apprentice
I'm at 3.657 with Ryu and Ken. The people I'm fighting seem kind of easy at the moment. I dont know if it's because the 2.0.0 update or maybe im just getting lucky. But im afraid to lose GSP. So Im trying to alternate between Ken and Ryu after each victory. But this process is taking me forever since I do a round of training offline and in the arena between each match.

Has anyone noticed a difference in the caliber of players since the update?

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
Highest GSP I know about is at 3.724mil.

My Dark Samus is around 3.683mil and I fought another Dark Samus who was at 3.705mil. First time I encountered a fellow Samus that high so that was nice to see. Lost both of the matches but I was close!

TiltSmash

Smash Rookie
Was just on Anti's stream, where his Wolf was around 3.733! Insane! In case your wondering, or not, my Inkling is now at 3. 708 mil.

Up0n

Smash Cadet
Thank you for that link to the current GSP for elite; I've been searching for that lol. I'm 200k away from elite :S

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Ok so most of my characters start around 2.7 million if I haven’t used them. I decided to level down DK to 50,000 to see what happened. Once you start winning at 50,000 as a character but your overall GSP is high with most characters you start getting matched with 1.5 mil and even 2 mil players and then once you climb into the 100,000’s you start getting matched with even 3 mil GSPs

Now I think that was the GSP fix they were talking about in 2.0 and I honestly like it because if somebody’s overall skill level is so much better than their GSP even if they’re playing a new character they’ll dominate the lower ranks. I think this is a fair system. It does make it harder to climb but just don’t level down your characters to 50,000 GSP just to see what happens like I did lmao

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
Hum...the only problem is that, as per a video I've seen on YouTube, even if you put down all your character at 1 GSP, your roster GSP will still be higher than 1 or 2 million.

I still don't know what the roster GSP means but it doesn't seem to be related to any of your character's GSP so I doubt that it's taken in account when matching you against people.

Also, you would probably need someone with a lower roster GSP to test this out.

EDIT = actually my GSP roster is at 1.7 million and I still get matched against 3.5 to 3.6 million GSP players. Even when I get down to around 2 million with my character.

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Hum...the only problem is that, as per a video I've seen on YouTube, even if you put down all your character at 1 GSP, your roster GSP will still be higher than 1 or 2 million.

I still don't know what the roster GSP means but it doesn't seem to be related to any of your character's GSP so I doubt that it's taken in account when matching you against people.

Also, you would probably need someone with a lower roster GSP to test this out.
I don’t think it has to do with roster GSP at all. I don’t know what roster GSP even means. I think it has to do with the GSP of your best characters and your win rate and stuff like that. It wouldn’t be fair for somebody with 5 characters at 3 mil that’s pretty good at the game to be fighting somebody at 100,000 because they deranked after a couple games with a new character but they’re so much fundamentally better at the game that it would be fair with any character imo

I think it’s an algorithm that they don’t show us or tell us about but it basically ranks you taking GSP into account but also other factors

Ijigen

Smash Cadet
It could be a fluke or some confounding factor I’m not considering , but I’ve been noticing that the matchmaking algorithm is much more consistently actually giving me players around my GSP now. This also means I’m probably going to never repeat the 98/100 I had in the records for last 100 games, but I’m getting more competitive games now so no complaints. Is anyone experiencing similar?

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Currently at 3.72 with Plant, 90% win rate for last 10 matches but 60% in last 50 with 110 total matches played as him.

How's everyone else's Elite experience with Plant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom