• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current highest known GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toyamasmash

Smash Cadet
People keep talking about topics other than what the Highest GSP is. Please post about the requirements to enter elite smash somewhere else. If you are confirming that number you are not anything compared with being one of the best players. If that is in fact the top 3% and there are around 3,500,000 players right now even being in the top half percent is not putting you anywhere near the top. Anyway I went out and had a nice five game win streak at the end of my session today. 3.445682. I have to say holy cow the Internet play is getting so snappy here in Japan. I think the team working on mats brother here is really getting their stuff together today I’ve had a fantastic experience for like three days. With little to no lag. I will go participate in my first tournament tomorrow I have about 36 people. I’m interested to see if all this online play has translated into good game for tournament, as I have practice extensively in the training mode. Also I was killed at the edge at only 10% by Gannon Dorf. Jigglypuff has to be the lightest character in the game if not the second. I may have the earliest confirmed ko in the game.

I really am enjoying everybody’s technique about how to stay in elite smash with numerous characters by not playing good info guys! This should def help you get closer to the top!
https://imgur.com/a/5GD0shv

Here’s my proof... ;)

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
People keep talking about topics other than what the Highest GSP is. Please post about the requirements to enter elite smash somewhere else
Are you the thread owner? Are you a moderator? No? Then don't try to act like it.

The threshold to get into elite is incredibly useful information, arguably more useful than "highest known." The latter may be significantly far from the top, and relies upon having someone at or near the very top to post their GSP. However, receiving reports of the elite threshold allows us to estimate the top, and these estimates only get more accurate as we get more data. Being able to compare the "highest known" GSP with the then-current elite threshold can help us refine this estimate. Eventually, we'll only need to know the elite threshold to accurately determine the highest possible GSP.

Gizeh

Smash Rookie
I agree with the GSP elite requirement is the same throughout each character. I've just been quiet when others say that they are different for each character.
Thanks for sharing my opinion :)

People keep talking about topics other than what the Highest GSP is. Please post about the requirements to enter elite smash somewhere else. If you are confirming that number you are not anything compared with being one of the best players. If that is in fact the top 3% and there are around 3,500,000 players right now even being in the top half percent is not putting you anywhere near the top. Anyway I went out and had a nice five game win streak at the end of my session today. 3.445682. I have to say holy cow the Internet play is getting so snappy here in Japan. I think the team working on mats brother here is really getting their stuff together today I’ve had a fantastic experience for like three days. With little to no lag. I will go participate in my first tournament tomorrow I have about 36 people. I’m interested to see if all this online play has translated into good game for tournament, as I have practice extensively in the training mode. Also I was killed at the edge at only 10% by Gannon Dorf. Jigglypuff has to be the lightest character in the game if not the second. I may have the earliest confirmed ko in the game.

I really am enjoying everybody’s technique about how to stay in elite smash with numerous characters by not playing good info guys! This should def help you get closer to the top!
https://imgur.com/a/5GD0shv

Here’s my proof... ;)
Well, seems like you missed the point... And not playing to stay in elite isn't an advice, it's an observation that we can use to draw conclusion.

The threshold to get into elite is incredibly useful information, arguably more useful than "highest known." The latter may be significantly far from the top, and relies upon having someone at or near the very top to post their GSP. However, receiving reports of the elite threshold allows us to estimate the top, and these estimates only get more accurate as we get more data. Being able to compare the "highest known" GSP with the then-current elite threshold can help us refine this estimate. Eventually, we'll only need to know the elite threshold to accurately determine the highest possible GSP.
Completely agree with you, using all the facts and observations we can gather to understand how GSP actually works is far more interesting than trying to compare which one of us has the longest one.

Mikazuki

Smash Cadet
Highest I have encountered today was a megaman at 3,481 mil. I am at 3.460 mil with ZSS.

Last edited:

mrtubby200

Smash Rookie

I know nobody cares but this is in classic mode after beating every character.
I still have a few people to fix up (like duck hunt) I may have the highest GSP for Wolf while doing my run I got three separate perfect's which give you a score boost of about 15-25k. But my total score can probably go up another thousand or so.

I know nobody cares but this is in classic mode after beating every character.
I still have a few people to fix up (like duck hunt) I may have the highest GSP for Wolf while doing my run I got three separate perfect's which give you a score boost of about 15-25k. But my total score can probably go up another thousand or so.
https://imgur.com/a/AXdR61T it's at 3.8 mill almost at 3.9 no idea how to post pictures on here

Hobsie

Smash Rookie
https://imgur.com/a/wG5qDH3

Not what i've encountered as I'm lower. But watching Twitch i came across this!
A Donkey Kong at 3,492,844.

Edit: Watching the next fight he went up to 3,493,xxx and didn't get anymore points on the win.

Last edited:

NeonLytes

Smash Rookie
Currently 3,499,699 with Wolf at the moment. Trying to break into 3.5 but I'm getting like 40 GSP per win.
Also lol @ the lowkey flex in here when people say "still have yet to see anyone higher than me."

Last edited:

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
I've just managed to squeeze out a score of 3,495,899 with Wii Fit Trainer, which I think is our new high point for online play. Also, I finally realized that taking a picture of my TV with my phone save so many steps, so I may start including pictures now.
IMG_20190126_132734608.jpg

mrtubby200

Smash Rookie
Currently 3,499,699 with Wolf at the moment. Trying to break into 3.5 but I'm getting like 40 GSP per win.
Also lol @ the lowkey flex in here when people say "still have yet to see anyone higher than me."

How do you upload pictures to the site
breaks the image

NeonLytes

Smash Rookie
Last post before I head out and take a break and start over-saturating this thread.

Broke 3.5 mil GSP with Wolf.

Ijigen

Smash Cadet
PSA: Please don't be like me and try to get to the top GSP. There was some fun to be had along the way, but in the end when you run into an isabelle intentionally camping the left edge of Onett on 3 minute 3 stock and then trying to cheese sudden death and you lose it and have to repeat five matches (or more) worth of GSP, each of which can be up against another sudden death player, it's just not worth emotionally investing yourself in that ****show. Please, Nintendo, just give me a consistent 1v1 ruleset mode...

Anyway, I was 3.510m with rob at some point today, down to 3.507 after that match. And earlier lost to a good snake who wasn't doing anything wrong rules-wise.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
I’m sitting with my 3.28 Dedede and I STILL DONT HAVE ELITE SMASH!!! I was at 3.37 a minute ago. Still nothing. Im getting fed up with this game.

At 3.001 with my K. Rool. Been going in and out of 3.0 mill to 2.5 mil.

What’s the highest ranking now? 3.6?

Last edited:

Lorisaur

Smash Cadet
I'm currently at 3.5 with Mii Gunner and it's incredibly hard to increase it, I earn something like 0.5k for any win. Is it because there are so few mii gunner players in the world?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I'm currently at 3.5 with Mii Gunner and it's incredibly hard to increase it, I earn something like 0.5k for any win. Is it because there are so few mii gunner players in the world?
It's because you're very near the top of the ladder. It's only natural that as you get closer to the extremes that you would notice smaller changes in GSP, because there's fewer people there. When you're very near the center, you experience wild swings in GSP with every win or loss, because that's where the playerbase is largely clustered.

Imagine a simplified GSP system with only 11 players, with a spread of hidden rating values like...

The max GSP in this simplified system is 11, owned by the 21 rating player. If the player with 10 rating (4 GSP) gains +2 rating, they just passed 4 people (landing at 8 GSP). But if the player with 18 rating gains +2 rating, they don't pass anyone. They remain at 10 GSP.

There's simply more people to pass in the middle ranks, which is why you don't gain as much for winning anymore.

Last edited:

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
Currently at 3.52mil with Dark Samus.

Highest I know about is around 3.555mil now.

Last edited:

Semako

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know the elite smash threshold for the Dong? My DK is at 3.45 million GPS, but still not in Elite Smash.

peekpeek

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know the elite smash threshold for the Dong? My DK is at 3.45 million GPS, but still not in Elite Smash.
The highest is probably about 3.57 or 3.58 right now, which would put Elite somewhere between 3.46 and 3.47. You're 1 win out.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
HEADS UP

as of 2.0.0, they just announced this change:

・Adjusted the calculation method for Global Smash Power.

peekpeek

Smash Cadet
HEADS UP

as of 2.0.0, they just announced this change:

・Adjusted the calculation method for Global Smash Power.
Hard to say what changed. Prior to the patch, my Bowser Jr. was higher than my Palutena by ~10,000, but both were in Elite. Now Bowser Jr. is about 10,000 below my Palutena instead, and neither are in Elite.

So something changed that is really opaque. Makes sense to reset "Elite" entry, but I can't explain the difference in GSP unless there they did a massive shuffle of how never-played characters have their GSP calculated for each player.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Hard to say what changed. Prior to the patch, my Bowser Jr. was higher than my Palutena by ~10,000, but both were in Elite. Now Bowser Jr. is about 10,000 below my Palutena instead, and neither are in Elite.

So something changed that is really opaque.
Try winning a match (or lose???) And I think you'll be back into elite. That's what I did for Dr. Mario

mackman

Smash Cadet
3,562,251 with Link right now. (Please don't judge my avatar, I made it like 10 years ago in Paint when I played Brawl)

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Try winning a match (or lose???) And I think you'll be back into elite. That's what I did for Dr. Mario
I don't think you can get back in by losing. My palu didn't get kicked out when I haven't played since before the patch, so besides GSP being calculated differently, I think the threshold just changed, is all.

Last edited:

Tw0Dimensi0nal

Smash Rookie
Don't know how to attach images properly but I stopped at 3.545 with G&W last night around midnight. Winning was getting me less than 1,000 GSP at a time... oh, and I got my butt kicked by some plants on the way up there.

peekpeek

Smash Cadet
The reduced the K-rating of the underlying MMR/Elo-esque system, I believe. Rank swings very slightly less than it used to? That, plus some changes to "default" GSP for un-played characters, probably. My Bowser Jr. dropping behind a previously lower GSP character is hard to explain unless they changed how un-played characters are calculated.

I used to assume 20k swing per game near the elite threshold with Bowser Jr., but now it is closer to ~17k per game.

Last edited:

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
Well, I'm not sure exactly what they changed, but I like it giving me a new high score.
IMG_20190130_163920717_HDR.jpg

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm not sure exactly what they changed, but I like it giving me a new high score.
I've noticed that my Mario went up by like 100 000 after the patch. Also, I've climbed up to 3 million much easier than I usually do. But it might be to the fact that a lot of people were playing the plant and still figuring it out, making the win and therefore climb easier.

Chills

Smash Rookie
Wasn’t able to get a picture but while I was climbing with Yoshi (3.58 mil) I ran into another Yoshi with 3.594 mil GSP. 3.6 Million is either already possible, or very close

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom