• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CROSSFIRE II: 80+ People in Attendence!

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
I'm still amazed how well this series is doing. And it's thanks to all of you guys who came out and supported the event. This is why I do what I do. I'll host these for as long as possible to keep Smash alive in LI!

Max?

Smash Champion
This was a super fun event. It was very well run, and it was great seeing everyone. GG's to all.

I also wanted to apologize to Ben about our set. I was out of line for getting upset and was definitely salty. I just gotta step it up for next time.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Dulor and for everyone in attendance. Thanks for letting me have such a great time! I had so much fun, and so many ggs! Plus, +80 smashers! Amazing!

Something I also learned is that Dark Peach is the hypest smasher I know.

Also, are the tourney and friendly matches on Runda's stream going on youtube? cause I got some epic combos!

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Dulor and for everyone in attendance. Thanks for letting me have such a great time! I had so much fun, and so many ggs! Plus, +80 smashers! Amazing!

Also, are the matches on Runda's stream going on youtube?
Glad you had a great time! And Rundas is finishing up with his semester in college, he said he'll get his matches uploaded by the end of the week. I'll post links here and on facebook as well. Thanks again!!!

ALSO BRACKETS ARE UP!!!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
nakat is deff a top player and keitaro is a very good player. your point is?
You said non top players beat people like salem all the time in your region.

keytar is not a top player

keytar beat salum

thus re-confirming das flukes taking place at apex.

thats xzaxtly my point and u backed it up. thanks, slappy.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I played Lucario exclusively in this tournament. GGs to everyone! It was nice to meet all the NY/NJ people.
Had a blast playing you dude. You are pretty good and should come here again sometimes. I highly suggest coming for SKTAR 2 ;D I know a couple people from Ohio/MW that want to drive over (Shugo, King Beef, Michigan, etc) so if you would like to try to carpool with any of them let us know. I think you can take out some names in a big event if you keep the practice up.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
You said non top players beat people like salem all the time in your region.

keytar is not a top player

keytar beat salum

thus re-confirming das flukes taking place at apex.

thats xzaxtly my point and u backed it up. thanks, slappy.
otori won APEX 2012 and never won a tournament before that. he has placed 9th and lower at japanese tournaments since then and hes also won/got top 3. things like this happen. alot of players are inconsistent. you cant say APEX was a fluke when hes still beaten top players after APEX. why do you care so much? you go out of your way to bash on salem. my man pwii and vinnie are gonna take over texas anyway stay salty :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
otori won APEX 2012 and never won a tournament before that. he has placed 9th and lower at japanese tournaments since then and hes also won/got top 3. things like this happen. alot of players are inconsistent. you cant say APEX was a fluke when hes still beaten top players after APEX.
The point wasnt that he/otorbi cant beat top players. You didnt know this? Poor zaxy....

why do you care so much?
because you cant let it go and i enjoy seeing u get frustrated.

you go out of your way to bash on salem.
im not bashing him. ive already said hes the best zs and a phenomenal player (easily top 10 in the usa imo). i just think his win at apex was a big ol tasty fluke. especially when he cant do a repeat performance at much lower level events after apex on a semi consistent basis.

my man pwii and vinnie are gonna take over texas anyway stay salty

Dojo/razer literally QUIT.
Gnes plays only when its convenient.
Trela is lucario so do what u may with that.

So yea they BETTER take over lol.

Anyways, we (tx) have been sick of seeing the same 3-4 players win everything for the past 3 years so maybe an IC and MK main would make a nice change. Well at least for a few months and then whobo will be over an no more brawl.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I bring the hype. House of 3000, let em know. I was more entertaining then the rest at this tournament. Too bad I play a garbage character that I hardly get a chance to get streamed at tournaments. It's all about the cool kids and top players. Forever an outcast.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Had a blast playing you dude. You are pretty good and should come here again sometimes. I highly suggest coming for SKTAR 2 ;D I know a couple people from Ohio/MW that want to drive over (Shugo, King Beef, Michigan, etc) so if you would like to try to carpool with any of them let us know. I think you can take out some names in a big event if you keep the practice up.
KEITARO! I didn't have the opportunity to tell you this but meeting you was one of my favorite things about this trip. I'm sad I can't come to SKTAR - I will be in Poland from June 12 until August 16.

But I will aim to come to some other tournaments once I get back! I learned a lot about matchups and how to think about the game. As a new player I was primarily focusing on learning my followups and moveset so far but I plan to spend a lot more time thinking about spacing and option coverage.

Anyway great to meet ya and if you're ever in Cleveland next year let me know!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Konrad, we played on the ladder just a little while ago. I'm pretty pumped that you'll be living in Cleveland soon. We should get some training in...you definitely have some potential that a good training partner can help bring out.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Konrad, we played on the ladder just a little while ago. I'm pretty pumped that you'll be living in Cleveland soon. We should get some training in...you definitely have some potential that a good training partner can help bring out.
yes lets do this!

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Too bad I play a garbage character that I hardly get a chance to get streamed at tournaments. It's all about the cool kids and top players. Forever an outcast.
Dude. You are really good! U almost destroyed Nario. and plus. skill isn't everything. You run off pure hype and no salt. 24/7

And that is all u need

RekRP

Smash Cadet
hey, just wanted to say I was Diddy in tournament.

Had a good time playing with you all!

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, so Orion might have left his jacket at this tournament. It's a Black EXPRESS jacket, it looks like leather. It had 2 brushes (for drums) and 3 condoms in the pocket. If anyone has seen it, please let one of us know. Thank you

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dude. You are really good! U almost destroyed Nario. and plus. skill isn't everything. You run off pure hype and no salt. 24/7

And that is all u need
Whoa! hold up now. You about to get me shot and flamed around here. I did not almost destroy nairo. I had a good chance of winning game 2 though. But that is not destruction. Cause I would have won by a close game. I did not care about beating this guy at all. I was having too much fun. I was watching the vid over and over and saw so many things I could have done better. And why I was getting hit so much. But I was too busy at the time having a ball for me to care. Playing a game that is ment for that. Not money. That's why I don't counterpick characters. If I seriously wanted money off this game I play Marth/snake along with peach to get some paper and/or place higher than usual.

I just wanted to entertain my fans and supporters. Along with my Team W boys. The hell with money. I have a job for that. As long as I can place will with my character, thats all I need and my mission in tournaments is complete. That's the kinda guy I am and why I play this game. Also to better myself as a player and come up with new ways to own with my character and the sake of her metagame, so the rest of the Peach players can have more fun with her in a boring game competitive. That's what I stand for. Uncle Peach is here for the kids.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Whoa! hold up now. You about to get me shot and flamed around here. I did not almost destroy nairo. I had a good chance of winning game 2 though. But that is not destruction. Cause I would have won by a close game. I did not care about beating this guy at all. I was having too much fun. I was watching the vid over and over and saw so many things I could have done better. And why I was getting hit so much. But I was too busy at the time having a ball for me to care. Playing a game that is ment for that. Not money. That's why I don't counterpick characters. If I seriously wanted money off this game I play Marth/snake along with peach to get some paper and/or place higher than usual.

I just wanted to entertain my fans and supporters. Along with my Team W boys. The hell with money. I have a job for that. As long as I can place will with my character, thats all I need and my mission in tournaments is complete. That's the kinda guy I am and why I play this game. Also to better myself as a player and come up with new ways to own with my character and the sake of her metagame, so the rest of the Peach players can have more fun with her in a boring game competitive. That's what I stand for. Uncle Peach is here for the kids.
That was beautiful

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hey guys, so Orion might have left his jacket at this tournament. It's a Black EXPRESS jacket, it looks like leather. It had 2 brushes (for drums) and 3 condoms in the pocket. If anyone has seen it, please let one of us know. Thank you
LMAO!!

Vinnie

Smash Master
I had a great time at this event. Great job hosting Dul. GGs to everyone I played, especially Nairo. You played so incredibly. Good **** to Keitaro as well.

I left a phone charger at this event, if anyone has it, let me know.

This was my last tourney here til SKTAR2. I'll see everyone there!

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Me: "black from express and looks like leather, had 2 brushes (for drums) and 3 condoms in the pocket" do u want the post to say that??

Orion: Sure XD no shame I was out the night before nigghu
I had a great time at this event. Great job hosting Dul. GGs to everyone I played, especially Nairo. You played so incredibly. Good **** to Keitaro as well.

I left a phone charger at this event, if anyone has it, let me know.

This was my last tourney here til SKTAR2. I'll see everyone there!
Thanks Vinnie, you'll be missed while you're in Texas.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's pretty depressing to see mew2king win project m over and over.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
But most importantly, a little smasher from NJ drove up with his Dad (through all the traffic and chaos that was on the roads that day) just to come and play Smash. I want to give a special shout-out to Pokemon Geof for coming out and showing his dedication to the game. Continue this determination PKMN Geof, and you will be better than M2K himself!!

Thanks so much DuLOR! so nice!

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
Hype event! GGS to everyone I played and thanks everyone for making my first smash tourney a great experience. Hoping to see a Crossfire III ;)

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for coming out dude! Crossfire 3 is already on the tournament listing section and is scheduled for July 20th. Hope to see everyone there!

SoulPech

Smash Master
this man travels to Columbus for Smashfests. He definitely wants to get better unlike half of the boners in the OH region >.>

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
this man travels to Columbus for Smashfests. He definitely wants to get better unlike half of the boners in the OH region >.>
And this kid is from Jersey! TRUE HEART!!! I'm already his biggest fan!! I mean I have never left the NY/NJ Region for a tourney. Kudos to PKMN Geof!!

Top Bottom