• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Link *Now with post critique videos*

Deva

Smash Lord
DJ, please quit while you were behind. This site's main purpose is if you want to improve competitively.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Leave Smashboards and play Basic Brawl

well you guys sound like you ONLY play competitively...i play both ways...a game is no fun if all tha fun is suked out of it...IMO...take it or leave it...

Why do guys like this exist?
I prefer competitive based fighting over goofy friendlies any day of the week. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes - please leave your judgment at the door and we won't bash you for liking your items or lack of edge guarding.

Sorry, let me stay on topic. Blu, the only thing I can say about your Link from one of your tourney matches is taunting...it got you killed in that Marth match. It's not exactly a Link tip but general tip of what not to do when it counts like at Tourneys.

I personally don't attack people while they're taunting but others (especially in tournament settings with money on the line) might to help them win. I'm making a video tutorial series and a couple of my rules are Don't taunt & don't pop the balloon XD

Your Link looks to be in pretty good form not sure what you can improve on tech wise.

DJKingDavid

Smash Apprentice
I aint behind on **** deva...i was playin that wifi yesterday and you cant rele even play because i had so much lag...all my moves were about 1-2 secs behind what i was doing...also you cant change any rules on wifi...2 minute KO matches only?...dam thats pretty lame...and dont none of you talk down on me...show respect...or dont talk at all...

4Serial

Smash Lord
That's why people DON'T play on with anyone mode. It's garbage.

All competitive players were originally casual players... we all had to start somewhere. We know both sides of the game and we choose to play competitively because we think it's more fun.

So what do you know? You have nothing to prove yourself.

tho i will play wit ITEMS once in a while in BRAWL.. cuz the game can get real BORING sumtiemz..
well........ the way u TYPE.. is kind of ANNOYING..

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
lol at my thread. Wait MY thread? Can we get on topic? The last 2 pages have been arguing and stupidity. Lets get on topic. -__-

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Why do guys like this exist?
I prefer competitive based fighting over goofy friendlies any day of the week. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes - please leave your judgment at the door and we won't bash you for liking your items or lack of edge guarding.

Sorry, let me stay on topic. Blu, the only thing I can say about your Link from one of your tourney matches is taunting...it got you killed in that Marth match. It's not exactly a Link tip but general tip of what not to do when it counts like at Tourneys.

I personally don't attack people while they're taunting but others (especially in tournament settings with money on the line) might to help them win. I'm making a video tutorial series and a couple of my rules are Don't taunt & don't pop the balloon XD

Your Link looks to be in pretty good form not sure what you can improve on tech wise.
What? Blaspemy!

lol anywayz Blu Link I liked your spacing with Link and you had a nice combination of spacing and melee, but to be honest that Zelos guy is pretty bad.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Hey >:O Take it easy, he's my little brother. The post critique was also post his grounding for a week from video games. He hadn't played since Halloween.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
What? Blaspemy!

lol anywayz Blu Link I liked your spacing with Link and you had a nice combination of spacing and melee, but to be honest that Zelos guy is pretty bad.
Yes, it's Blasphemy. Anytime, you tell someone not to taunt you make a Captain Falcon tear.

This is prime example why you shouldn't pop the balloon though. It screwed Gimpy twice that match and even killed him :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QniIBaL3qhM

Legan

Smash Lord
I only watched the Offline matches but they were awesome none the less. Gj blue, you're really good at linking(Pun) your attacks.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Your newest video really is quite a treat. so much improvement. right when i was starting to think blu was maybe all hype and nothing else, you proved me wrong. Good job man, really. that falcon annoyed the **** outta me though, haha

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Your newest video really is quite a treat. so much improvement. right when i was starting to think blu was maybe all hype and nothing else, you proved me wrong. Good job man, really. that falcon annoyed the **** outta me though, haha
I only watched the Offline matches but they were awesome none the less. Gj blue, you're really good at linking(Pun) your attacks.
Haha thanks guys. I suck online XD And I used to play Roy in Melee with his **** combos so I tend to link attacks together like that. Dtilt to Fair FTW!! (For Roy :p)

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
deva, dood, taht cud ttly wirk man! il test it az soon as I regain my ability to properly utilize the english language and not type in a jokingly manner in ways 12 year olds type regularly to a point in which you believe it to be another language, most likely from Europe.

私は人々は愚かな入力が嫌い。

Grene Link

Smash Rookie
ニースリンク!私は小さなことよりも、より多くの矢印を使用すると以下のブーメランxd 。ブーメランとすべてが罰せられるのいいです。以上の爆弾を使用しています。ブーメランは少ない。と私を殺害したときよりも野次を大声で笑った!クラシック。

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
lol

My brother joined the boards. :3 He's known as DoctahLink (also Zelos in any vids) and he's making a critique thread. Personally, I believe he needs it more than I do. XD

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
All I want to say is start looking for more opponents, and get yourself familiar with as many matchups as you can, particularly some of Link's worst matchups like Falco or D3.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
All I want to say is start looking for more opponents, and get yourself familiar with as many matchups as you can, particularly some of Link's worst matchups like Falco or D3.
I know, I don't have wifi atm and it's hard to learn those match ups my friends don't play. DDD I can play against, Marth (God I hate that match up), Ike, Ness, Captain Falcon, ZSS, Sonic, TL, Falco (a bit), and Zelda. I can't play against most of those high tier characters. Not for awhile...

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
REVIVAL

I know it says a warning but I'd rather make bump this than make a new thread. :p

Updated for Link dittos.

Top Bottom