• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creepy Candy Store Mafia | GAME OVER!

SOZ' Buster Blade

Sephiroth's Masamune | Orboknown | Zen
Slightly lean town.
Saw things d1 i liked which outweighed what i disliked initially. Doubt shes with dietz per post rvs dietz and i just feel like she doesnt know how to scumhunt outside of the mathmatical sh yet

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And the fact that she's just gut reading you as town in lylo is not worth a mention to you? You should know well enough how problematic that is. You're not gonna tell me that you think that's normal, are you?

:059:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm going to revise my stance on Zenny's slot. His relative lack of posts recently is changing my read of him, and perhaps the effect of the AtEs are wearing off. Null for now.

@ SOZ' Buster Blade SOZ' Buster Blade Post more.
That's not really what I meant by "backing up" your read. I meant substantiate it. What had you thinking SOZ was town?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gheb: Decent activity, mild pushes to keep the game going, no large mishaps at all really. Likely town.

Rosa: I feel like rosa had a bunch of strange moments such as jumping on dietz for hammering an inactive and buddying of SOZ for simply "gut" reasons. Now that I think about it, rosa might be one of the scum.

Dietz: Decent activity, mild pushes to keep the game going; however, there have been strange moments such as twisting some people's words earlier in the game. That may have been a misinterpretation, but it's still something to consider.

SOZ: As I said before, (copy pasted because that was only a few hours ago) I think that SOZ is one of the scum. He's the only person left who's had any really scummy plays (maven incident). Everyone else has just been feeling null. Everyone left has had one or two questionable moments, but none are really quite as bad as zenny pushing the tracker to claim and still pushing him without knowing if he himself was even the tracker.

Ryu: Although I'm not in much of a position to say this, his activity was pretty terrible. I really don't think he contributed much to this game and I'm ok with the fact that he got lynched rather than a more active town. If we got mafia last dayphase, that would have been great, but an inactive null is better than an active null I guess. We really didnt have much to go off of then.
Okay. Now who is the scum team? You have to be able to rule out at least a few things.

Why did you write nearly the same thing here for me and Gheb?

You're giving us very little to work with.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Okay. Now who is the scum team? You have to be able to rule out at least a few things.

Why did you write nearly the same thing here for me and Gheb?

You're giving us very little to work with.
My scum team guesses are (in this order) SOZ/Rosa, SOZ/Dietz, Rosa/Dietz. You and Gheb have had about the same activity and pushes, so I just used the same words. I don't see how that's a problem (if you're saying it is)

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
That's not really what I meant by "backing up" your read. I meant substantiate it. What had you thinking SOZ was town?
I don't have anything, merely gut. I try to empathise with Zenny, try to work out what he would do if he were town/ mafia, and his actions (AtEs, decision to quit) seemed to come from a town mindset. There isn't much that's concrete, but given his long-term activity gave me the conclusion he is town. To be honest, he does still seem town, but in lylo I can't work off of such a weak basis for reads.

My scum team guesses are (in this order) SOZ/Rosa, SOZ/Dietz, Rosa/Dietz. You and Gheb have had about the same activity and pushes, so I just used the same words. I don't see how that's a problem (if you're saying it is)
Clearly there is a distinction between Dietz and Gheb in this case. What makes you believe Dietz to be so much more mafia than Gheb?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong in your eyes. Not once in this game have I said anything like the "epic mafia playstyle" you seem to use as an insult of sorts. Maybe I'm on the less-active side, but I'm not refusing to give reads or saying "anyone can be anything" like last game. Saying "I'm objective" and "not trying to be mean" doesn't change the fact that what you just said about me hurts; why do you take rude personal digs at other people (both maven earlier and me now) over a forum game?
I'm sorry you took it that way, but there was nothing personal about it. I did not make a comment about your hair, nose, or intelligence. I do not know you, and if I did, I don't reckon there would be anything to insult. My words are strictly about the game. If I could disassociate the word "your" from "your play" and still be able to describe this object, I would. Although it seems I did fail to use language efficiently. "Seal is hopeless" should be "Seal's play is hopeless". I very much with all my heart apologize if that my negligence there caused an experience of insult that otherwise would not have been.

Things like this are bad:

As I'm sure you know I don't like reading people as much as the rest of you, but I guess I agree that Rosa's process is not making much sense.
Which has been a consistent theme throughout the past two games. Others have tried to reason with you, but you do not seem to take their words seriously. It's taken serious prodding to get you to post content such as your last post which is what I would relate to as good.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
I don't have anything, merely gut. I try to empathise with Zenny, try to work out what he would do if he were town/ mafia, and his actions (AtEs, decision to quit) seemed to come from a town mindset. There isn't much that's concrete, but given his long-term activity gave me the conclusion he is town. To be honest, he does still seem town, but in lylo I can't work off of such a weak basis for reads.

Clearly there is a distinction between Dietz and Gheb in this case. What makes you believe Dietz to be so much more mafia than Gheb?
Not so much more. Dietz is my third pick. The only reason he's ahead is that the point Zenny made a couple pages back about him twisting words made a bit of sense. Dietz is null, I'm just open to possibility; however, I feel safer about Gheb.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Not so much more. Dietz is my third pick. The only reason he's ahead is that the point Zenny made a couple pages back about him twisting words made a bit of sense. Dietz is null, I'm just open to possibility; however, I feel safer about Gheb.
If this is the case, why do you have me and him as the second possibility of being a scum team?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
You don't even consider the chance Gheb is mafia. Or if you do, the chance that Gheb is mafia with anyone, even SOZ, isn't even on the table. Can you fully elaborate why you are so sure Gheb is town?

SOZ' Buster Blade

And the fact that she's just gut reading you as town in lylo is not worth a mention to you? You should know well enough how problematic that is. You're not gonna tell me that you think that's normal, are you?

not normal for us,no. But rosasscum would be more keeping their options open i feel instead kf trying to stay off of us when we're an easy ml

Seal

Smash Journeyman
You don't even consider the chance Gheb is mafia. Or if you do, the chance that Gheb is mafia with anyone, even SOZ, isn't even on the table. Can you fully elaborate why you are so sure Gheb is town?
I really don't like how you keep saying "why are you so sure" etc whenever I make a read. My reads are not what I believe to be truth, but what I believe are the most likely possibilities. I already stated that Gheb hasn't had any major mistakes yet, so I don't have as much reason to be careful of him. Even if he is mafia, there are still 2 left, so one of the other three will be it.

I also don't like how you are questioning me so much about thinking Gheb is a town-lean when you yourself said you believe SOZ is town based on a gut feeling.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, that's pretty hypocritical of Rosie.

But I don't know wtf her and SOZ are up to anyway. At this point both seem to be banking completely on getting Dietz lynched but they're not doing **** to convince anybody. One or the other should die toDay imo.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
And I agree. Particularly you. With all the likely scum team combinations, you seem to be compatible with them all. I get the feeling that you are trying to play all sides. It looks like you're intentionally trying to make it look like you and dietz are the scum team and pin SOZ & Rosa slots against the Dietz slot.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why SOZ/Dietz as the second choice?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think once I get Seal's response from that and Zen's response to Gheb I'll be ready to end ToDay.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Why SOZ/Dietz as the second choice?
As I said to zen a post or two ago I don't think the team through. I was thinking about the players who seemed scummy, not their possible compatibility. Forgot that that was kind of necessary. It's not a choice any more. Just SOZ/Rosa or Dietz/Rosa.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
May as well end it, my friends. Citizens of the creepy candy store. I sacrifice my life so that you all my live on. The mafia has won this time, but so long as there is life, hope remains.

Sorry I brought you down Orbo. I've always been a really horrible hydra partner. Seriously my hydra lynch rate is like 87%. .-.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The way I see it Dietz and Zen are scummy, Seal is null and Rosie is null-town. I kinda doubt though that Dietz and Zen are scum together and if they are I probably won't be able to argue it to the rest of the town. So to all intents and purposes that option is too far out for me to take into consideration.

Seal could easily be scum with either of them, which kinda makes me lean towards lynching him toDay. But really, almost every constellation has somewhat reasonable odds - I can see Zen/Rosie setting up Dietz for a lylo situation like this, I can see Dietz/Rosie with Rosie buddying Zen and distancing Dietz and can see scumSeal being mates with just about anybody. It's weird, Dietz is admittedly pretty suspect but I really don't wanna lynch him toDay because from my pov his most likely partner is Seal who imo has better odds at being scum with either Zen or Rosie than Dietz does too. And since I wanna lynch Seal toDay anyway a potential Dietz/Seal team would be covered regardless. The only likely tream without Seal in it would be Zen + Rosie for me.

I understand though that this whole argument will kinda look bad on me because from a pov that's not mine a Dietz/Gheb team is something that will have to be considered and I'm aware that I'm adding fuel to the fire here. Gonna stick to my thought process anyway and disregard Dietz as a plausible lynch choice for toDay. The problem is that I can't really hold Zen's and Rosie's attempts to push Dietz against them if they're operating under the assumption of a Dietz/Gheb team. They've been kinda buddy-buddy with each other and neither slot has made a really convincing argument all game.

So right now I'm trying to figure out whether Sealscum is more likely than a Rosie/Zen team or not. A lot is up to what @ Seal Seal does toDay. You gotta start playing, pal.

Okay got some time
Leaning gheb n seal givin dietz the benefit of the doubt today, i can see flashes of town in dietz and id rather lynch seal over gheb because gheb is a **** to read
Yeah, that's pretty hypocritical of Rosie.

But I don't know wtf her and SOZ are up to anyway. At this point both seem to be banking completely on getting Dietz lynched but they're not doing **** to convince anybody. One or the other should die toDay imo.

I will explain the reasoning though. @ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 the highlted post are what make suspect that Gheb is trying to play two sides against each other. I believe that the first one is he trying to limit the domain of possibilities and give the feel that you two are the scum team thus invoking a reaction in Rosalin and I to push you as much as possible. On the other hand, us pushing you would just make you want to lynch us as well. Despite the fact that Orbo clearly had no interest in that direction (as shown above) Gheb still tried to push this agenda with the second quote. Why would he want us to push you if he doesn't believe that you should be a play today as he stated in the first quote?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I really don't like how you keep saying "why are you so sure" etc whenever I make a read. My reads are not what I believe to be truth, but what I believe are the most likely possibilities. I already stated that Gheb hasn't had any major mistakes yet, so I don't have as much reason to be careful of him. Even if he is mafia, there are still 2 left, so one of the other three will be it.

I also don't like how you are questioning me so much about thinking Gheb is a town-lean when you yourself said you believe SOZ is town based on a gut feeling.
Sorry, I didn't word it correctly, and that is hypocritical of me. However, it is lylo, and I wanted as much information as possible. If all you have is Gheb hasn't made mistakes, then nvm.

SOZ' Buster Blade

May as well end it, my friends. Citizens of the creepy candy store. I sacrifice my life so that you all my live on. The mafia has won this time, but so long as there is life, hope remains.

Sorry I brought you down Orbo. I've always been a really horrible hydra partner. Seriously my hydra lynch rate is like 87%. .-.
Sall good man

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
@ Seal Seal , Right now, I think the hammer is going to come down to you. I strongly recommend you to reread and take a very good look at Gheb and Dietz's actions. After that, if they still seem to be town, then lynch me or SOZ, but I am very confident they are the mafia team.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb is trying to play two sides against each other. I believe that the first one is he trying to limit the domain of possibilities and give the feel that you two are the scum team thus invoking a reaction in Rosalin and I to push you as much as possible.
Yeah ... no.

I was the first to take a clear stance against lynching Dietz toDay. You're reaching a bit too blatantly here trying to make it look as if I were manipulating you guys into lynching him.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I will explain the reasoning though. @ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 the highlted post are what make suspect that Gheb is trying to play two sides against each other. I believe that the first one is he trying to limit the domain of possibilities and give the feel that you two are the scum team thus invoking a reaction in Rosalin and I to push you as much as possible. On the other hand, us pushing you would just make you want to lynch us as well. Despite the fact that Orbo clearly had no interest in that direction (as shown above) Gheb still tried to push this agenda with the second quote. Why would he want us to push you if he doesn't believe that you should be a play today as he stated in the first quote?
No, I don't think that's quite what he's getting at in those quotes. You were hot on my **** not but a day ago and now that's just kind of evaporating for no real explained reason. If you're afraid of pushing people you had beef with in lylo becuase you're afraid they'll lynch you back I don't know what to tell you. We're basically just waiting for you to do something. You haven't pushed me, barely talked to Seal, and are sort of pretending to push Gheb right now, but that's really it. Basically all you've done so far this phase is continue to hold to Rosie town and look around the room. It's not like he wants you to push me, but he's expecting something to happen based on what you claimed to have opinions about you know? Expecting Gheb to be scum because you think he treats someone else as "intentionally his scummate" is ... stupid? I don't know, it's a reach that's for sure.

Vote: Soz Buster Blade

Either way I'm ready to call the bluffs and see what happens.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
But yeah it really was just speculation. But it is pretty obvious that you're scum at this point xD. Everything in that post is clearly untrue. I dunno why you'd be waiting on me to do anything when 80% or more of the content of this game is from me. Or why you would believe that a town player's thought process would be static instead of considering the various options.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@ Seal Seal please patient and here me through. Please consider how calm and reasonable I am being and the fact that I am presenting evidence. Quoting. Laying out my thought process word for word. Gheb's responses will continue to be short little sentences presented in sort of brushed-off manner. Please see that is not pro-town and he answers in such a way because he cannot actually refute my points legitimately.

Please look closely how Gheb has been teetering on all sides very carefully. He has made it so that town is always against each other. If he is threatened, he will switch his entire perspective towards that threat. Please look at these posts from yesterday. I had a feeling that Gheb was banking on a Ryu (or at the time possibly JD) or for me to be lynched while FoSing those two and then the next day (today) town would lynch one of the others. This is why I was thinking that maybe it was you that was his scum bud and not JD. Look at Gheb's complete switch yesterday and onto today:
Long posts I know guys but bare with it. Here's synopsis:

1. Scum lay between the three of Jdietz, Ryu, and Gheb. From most likely to least likely in that order.
2. While Gheb is certainly suspicious, all of the points I made on him are still circumstantial. I can very much see potential responses he might have to rectify my the main concerns I addressed.
3. Jdietz however has legitimate scum tells. And should be lynched ASAP.

Red Ryu is such an unknown variable, and he's the only thing standing in the way of a complete picture. His inactivity is actually starting to irritate me a tad bit. He has also just been leeching of the current plays, but he hasn't been actively manipulative. He's said some weird things like one of me and Gheb having to be scum. Which makes zero sense. And he's been strongly pushing things for no reason. Such as his "Rosalina can die" just one page into the game (and maintaining that he was actually serious later on). And his push on me is opportunistic as well. I would lynch him before Gheb any day. I'm actually regretting making that post on Gheb first, because of how obvscum Jdietz is and how scummy Ruy is.
Highlighted in the yellow, this is me expressing that I felt JD and Ruy were a far greater lynch than Gheb. It was after this that Gheb made this post:
I don't even know what the whole slipping thing is supposed to be about. Unvoting a claimed Tracker to move him away from -1 is a slip now? Because he could have been a lying scumbag which I simply didn't consider realistic? Was there a good reason to disbelieve his claim? And even then it's not like I couldn't have moved my vote back on him had there actually been a CC. There is no 'slip'.

I don't care about #264 atm, maybe it will be important when I reread the game but right now neither you nor Rosie are very high on my agend list. I'm currently playing reverse mafia where I try to PoE people out of my lynchpool via town tells and see who doesn't make it out in the end. Right now it's Seal / Dietz > Ryu / Jay > Zen / Rosa ordered by how likely they are to stay in my lynchpool. Note though that I'm OK with just about everybody dying, hence me playing this game through "town hunting" rather than scum hunting.

Highlighted in the green, Gheb is clearly stating that YOU AND DIETZ are his top scum picks. Keep this in mind for later. Despite this fact, Gheb never even considers pushing either of you.

The following post is when I changed my read on Gheb based on the responses I got from him and Dietz. I felt it was more likely Gheb was scum of the three:
Anyways from there responses, my perception of Gheb and Jdietz have switched. So I think more likely to least likely scum is Gheb > Ryu > Dietz.

Reason being:

1. Jdietz' #414 is a point in his favor. Primarily I like that he finally admitted that he understood.
2. Gheb I would have felt less suspicious of had the reasoning for his actions been what I thought it could have been. But it seems it's not the case.

Would lynch Gheb or Ryu.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER (you can click the quotes to see for yourself), Gheb comes up with some random reason "occams razor" to push me:
Very much inclined to pull an occam and lynch SOZ toDay.

Vote SOZ Buster Blde

He changed his entire line of thought he was presenting, because he was threatened. His plan for the double mislynch shifted thus he had to switch his read. Keep in mind that he had me and Rosa in the quote above as even greater town reads than JAY who was the most obvious townie in history.

@ Seal Seal Gheb has been teetering the line of town this entire game. Please please consider this. Also it should be clear that JD is making up whatever he can to try and get me lynched from his last post. This is their move and the outcome of this game really does all come down to you at this point.

Do you really think Rosalin and I are scum again? Is our play anything at all like it was in pyp. Rosalin has seen the inner workings of how I go about being scum first hand so she has been able to read me easier than others. Please look at my game play past day 0. After the PR discussions I went into very much lurk mode. I didn't try and inquire as much as I have been here because I was scum who had the information. I never made really huge pushes because there was absolutely zero reason for me to be on the forefront and bring unnecessary attention to myself. My play comes off as reckless as town because I am trying so hard to figure things out. Please see that my town play here is nothing like my precision scum play as in pyp. If you need can link you to some past examples to compare. Actually I'll do that anyway. You can get a general feel of it from just browsing over some of the posts.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
hear*

http://smashboards.com/threads/g3s-mafia-4-game-over-town-wins.342279/
http://smashboards.com/threads/necromafia-game-over-shortest-game-in-dgames.327909/ (I am Ramen King here)
http://smashboards.com/threads/taco-bell-mafia-game-over-who-won.328164/page-3 (and here)
http://smashboards.com/threads/g3s-2-the-great-famine-indy-wins.323696/ (and here; this is probably the best example because the game was similar to this in size and my furstration with the inactivity. And me combating the two scum trying to lynch me)

Top Bottom