• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creepy Candy Store Mafia | GAME OVER!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Welcome...

to...

Creeeeeepy Candy Store Mafia!

Ooooooh!~

SETUP:

2x Mafia:

Hello, [Player X]! You're a tall, lanky, greasy-haired candy salesman who's been honing his craft for over 10 years. No, not the craft of candy selling; the craft of altering reality. After discovering a substance you've dubbed Chemical XYZ, you've noticed that it allows you to enter a parallel dimension, where reality is morphed and things are more... interesting, per se. Sprinkling some in certain samples of candy, you've grown a tolerance to Chemical XYZ and are now able to watch how things... change around you. Best of all, it helps to fuel your inner most desires... of COLD BLOODED MURDER! But it doesn't come without drawbacks!

At any time during the game, you may send me the command "Eat the candy." Once eaten, you and your partner will start feeling... strange, and your perception of reality will alter. The Police Officer, town tracker will turn into a Town Vigilante, and your partner will turn into a Mafia Roleblocker.

While under the effects of the candy, you have 120 hours to send me the command "Concentrate," which will reverse the effects of having eaten the candy and turn your partner back into a goon and the vigilante back into a tracker. Failure to concentrate will drive your partner crazy and he will kill himself. If you die, your partner will inherent this ability.

You win when the number of mafia members alive equals or outnumbers the amount of town players alive.
Hello, [Player X]! You are the new, spunky candy salesman! You're pretty much hoping you and your co-worker can get along and let some kids leave a little happier than when they came in! Isn't that sweet?

You are a goon and have no special powers... yet.

You win when the number of mafia members alive equals or outnumbers the amount of town players alive.
Hello, [Player X]!

WOAH! Looks like you and your co-worker decided to try some of that crazy candy and are now looking at the world from a different angle! Crazy stuff right?! But all of a sudden you feel... funny. Things are... different. Instead of having child-like glee and hope, you have this strange craving inside... for COLD BLOODED MURDER! And now that you've tasted the candy, that feeling's with you FOREVER!

You are now the Mafia Roleblocker. Once per Night, you may send me the command Block: [Player Y]. The player blocked will be unable to perform a Night action.

7x Town:

6x Vanilla Townie

Hello, [Player X]! You are a mere civilian and have no power aside from your voice and words.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Hello, [Player X]! You are the police officer who's taken up the case of missing children in the same neighborhood as the innocuous looking candy store... who could possibly be taking these children?

You are the town tracker. Once per Night, you may send me the command Track: [Player Y]. You will find out who that player visited that Night... for now.

Hello, [Player X]!

WOAH! Things are... different. Just a moment ago, it was as if you were a coy police officer, preferring observation from afar to get your answer. But now, you've suddenly been given the urge to take the child kidnapper's life out of their own hands, regardless of whether you know that they did it or not!

This turned you from the town tracker to the town vigilante! Once per Night, you may send me the command Shoot: [Player Y]. The player shot will die.

Eating the candy and concentrating do NOT follow NAR, therefore if actions are sent before either of these actions take place, those actions are the ones that will be used for the Night actions. Eating the candy or concentrating during the Night may or may not extend the Night for up to 24 hours at my discretion, depending on when it was used.

Players:

1. Maven89
2. Seal
3. RosalinaSGS
4. Gheb_01
5. FireEmblemnier
6. Red Ruy (with possible hydra)
7. JayTheUnseen
8. JDietz43
9. SOZ' Buster Blade

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

Rules:

Fundamental
1.) Don't be an *** to others, *****. Treat them like you want to be treated.
2.) Once you have died in the game, you are not allowed to make any more posts.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images, videos or links in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). This rule only applies to posts in the thread. If you are allowed to communicate privately with other players you may freely quote mod communication there.
7.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
8.) Posting in non-English, invisible, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
9.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players (including hydra communication). You are free to paraphrase.
10.) Unless stated otherwise, all Night Actions should be sent to myself via PM. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in the action being randomized.
11.) If you are unclear about any of the rules then you are expected to ask the me for clarification before taking any action which you believe may break a rule. If you are unclear about any information in your role PM or the sample PM or any mod communication, feel free to ask me about it.
12.) Punishments for breaking any of the rules of this game include but are not limited to: temporary or permanent Moderator Votes, Modkill, forced replacement, etc

Voting and Lynching
1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example,Vote: Gheb.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, Unvote vote: Evil Eye. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
3.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example,Vote: No Lynch.
4.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
5.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, regardless of whether the thread is closed or not.
6.) Mafia has a Nightkill. Each Night they MUST kill one player of their choosing by sending me the name of their target via PM. If the mafia fails to send in a Night action, they will have one randomized for them.

Activity and Deadline
1.) You are expected to be able post every 24 hours, however you are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill. If you are a player with a history of bad activity, it is possible it will take less prods before your replacement than it will take for others.
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will generally last 6 days.
4.) Nights will generally last at minimum 36 hours, generally at most 48. PLAN FOR 36, BECAUSE ANYTHING MORE THAN THAT WILL BE DUE TO ME NOT MAKING IT BACK TO THE FORUM IN TIME TO UPDATE THE GAME.

Game-specific
1.) All roles have been assigned entirely at random.
2.) Modkills only end Days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, Day continues. Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment. If a town-aligned traitor gets modkilled the ongoing Day phase will continueas well.
3.) If you are using a hydra account for this game, all posts must be made on the designated account. If a post is made on a separate account, then that post must be quoted by the hydra account.

*this ruleset was copied, pasted and edited from g3s mafia xl edition. if there are any mistakes or questions about the rules feel free to clarify or ask.*

**this ruleset was straight up copied and pasted from grass vs weeds mafia. if there are any mistakes or questions about the rules feel free to clarify or ask.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Gorf, I love this short to death, I love Regular Show to death and want this flavor to be a think.

But in the end, the short is about two people who are taking Acid in a Gas Station and tripping, that's not appropriate no matter how I try to look at it.

Sorry, gotta not allow this.

I love this short, but it''s not PG because the Acid part of it.

Hate to be like this to a flavor I like and something I don't think isn't malicious but I gotta agree it's not something I would show to someone who is 13 years old.

Gotta think of as different flavor for this.

Direct all hate PMs to me please and thank you.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Bumping this because I just remembered that this game actually exists and the setup looks pretty epic. I'll probably join this at a later point.

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

awe **** i forgot this existed.

BUT YES THIS IS SOMETHING THAT WILL HAPPEN AND I WILL COME UP WITH A FLAVOR AS SOON AS I GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO.

#HBC | Gorf

help me fit the roles logically to characters in regular show n im down, so far my best bet is "Creppy Candy Store Mafia."

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Haha that works too.

There was this episode of Regular Show with some hyper-world donuts that could work also.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This only needs 3-4 more players to fill. I see what I can do to speed up the process a little bit.

:059:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Tempted to /in but unless my current game ends before this one starts I won't be joining.

#HBC | Gorf

and with that, it makes 2 (but likely 1) left to /in before we get this game started! as soon as i have time i'll put up the official rules and, once the setup is full, will wait on everyone to reaffirm their interest before sending out role pm's.

Top Bottom