• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creepy Candy Store Mafia | GAME OVER!

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Very much inclined to pull an occam and lynch SOZ toDay.

:059:
What's an occam?

Anyways from there responses, my perception of Gheb and Jdietz have switched. So I think more likely to least likely scum is Gheb > Ryu > Dietz.

Reason being:

1. Jdietz' #414 is a point in his favor. Primarily I like that he finally admitted that he understood.
2. Gheb I would have felt less suspicious of had the reasoning for his actions been what I thought it could have been. But it seems it's not the case.

Would lynch Gheb or Ryu.
That is quite a dramatic switch, and I don't feel the evidence you've given is sufficient to explain your change in reads. Dietz hasn't even given out his reads yet. Is there anything else which affected your decision?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Oh and as for my reasoning of Jay being town:

D1 he claimed to be the true tracker and rationalized Maven's actions. He is likely just a vanilla who nobly tried to the bullet for the real tracker, maven. By the way he rationalized Maven's actions it is clear that he didn't want us to think "well if jays the real tracker maven is scum!"
That probably isn't applicable. I feel that pretty much everyone recognised it for what it was, especially when considering the complete lack of discussion of what would usually be a game-changing post. Mafia- Jay could just as easily, if not even more so, posted that than Town-Jay.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Yeah, is that so? How exactly would doing what Jay did help mafia?

It doesn't necessarily have to aid the mafia. But it does not aid us significantly, and therefore shouldn't have a lot of emphasis on it. As such, it should not be the main point of Seal's read.

@ Seal Seal Do you have better/ more reasons for your read on Jay?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Tracker isn't anywhere near powerful enough to make it worth for scum to risk a 1:1 trade with town ... especially when there's only two mafiosi. They're not gonna reduce their odds to win the game by 50% on Day 1 only to find out who the tracker is. Awful is quite an understatement for the amount of stupidity it would take to come up with such a plan.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't necessarily have to aid the mafia. But it does not aid us significantly, and therefore shouldn't have a lot of emphasis on it. As such, it should not be the main point of Seal's read.

@ Seal Seal Do you have better/ more reasons for your read on Jay?
I think that reason is perfectly fine. He did something that would only help town and risk him looking suspicious if he was scum. I highly doubt if he was scum he would not be able to read us so well that he would risk looking scummy to possibly look town.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Tracker isn't anywhere near powerful enough to make it worth for scum to risk a 1:1 trade with town ... especially when there's only two mafiosi. They're not gonna reduce their odds to win the game by 50% on Day 1 only to find out who the tracker is. Awful is quite an understatement for the amount of stupidity it would take to come up with such a plan.

That is true, but Maven was about to be lynched and the deadline was closing in. He might as well claim tracker in an attempt to survive a little longer, possibly causing enough confusion to make us no lynch, or even outing the true tracker.

I think that reason is perfectly fine. He did something that would only help town and risk him looking suspicious if he was scum. I highly doubt if he was scum he would not be able to read us so well that he would risk looking scummy to possibly look town.
That could be true, but it's also possible Jay is mafia and deliberately did it in a telling manner. I refer you to Gheb's mini mafia game. Near the end of the game, he played a different ploy, but with similar reasoning behind it.

SOZ' Buster Blade

Sephiroth's Masamune | Orboknown | Zen
. He even said he flat out tried to AtE Maven for sympathy in twilight, I just don't even know what to say at this point.
Thats null for zen and you know it, Hell he'll pull out whatever tricks he feels he needs to to get what he wants
Oh and as for my reasoning of Jay being town:

D1 he claimed to be the true tracker and rationalized Maven's actions. He is likely just a vanilla who nobly tried to the bullet for the real tracker, maven. By the way he rationalized Maven's actions it is clear that he didn't want us to think "well if jays the real tracker maven is scum!"
Whyd you explain your townread but not your scumread?
Jays town and will not lynch

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
@ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS I'm afraid there is no TL DR.
It was me bringing up points and walking through my thoughts as I re-read the game, not a case against anyone.

Also, I still think Dietz was not saying that RVS was over at the time of Rosalina's post, he was saying THAT post itself ended RVS.
I don't really want to discuss it anymore though, it's just beating a dead horse at this point.

Best way for me to sum up my thoughts is through my reads ( in order from town to scum. )
Rosalina
Seal
Dietz
Gheb
Ryu
SOZ

My reasoning of Ryu over Gheb is not that he has little content, but the content there in. But although he may be scummy, I'd rather lynch Gheb before him because he has so little content to make a judge on.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ryu not having done **** all game is the reason you'd rather lynch me than him? Fantastic reasoning right there. What's up with people having me @ #2 or #3 in their scumlists anyway? Where's that coming from?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Speaking of Ryu I'm running out of patience regarding his 'activity'. At this point he's clearly avoiding the thread on purpose. He's probably scum.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Gheb you never followed up on a Jdietz analysis as you promised.

Jdietz has failed to comment on other players as promised.

Ryu has clearly been intentionally avoiding the game.

Seal is Seal.

----

We aren't lynching players that have actually been putting in effort in the game (ie me, jay, rosa, and gheb). We are lynching Ruy today and that's the bottom line. If he's town we are ****ed, but we've been ****ed from the beginning if he is town. This game will be my last in Dgames. And this will actually be my last post hopefully for a while if not forever. The quality of the play here is at the lowest I've possibly seen.

Rosalina and Jay are clearly notable exceptions. Both still have some things to learn, but I see much potential in each. The logic that Jay has been using for a lot of the game has been really on point and Rosalina has been able to empathize with players really well, especially when they are in the hot seat.

Maven just played a bad game, but we all have those. I still think he can be a really great player. He just seems to struggle with finding a balance between listening to his own voice and that of others. Ex: pyp he didn't listen to his own instincts. Here that's all he did.

Seal is absolutely hopeless. I mean this in the most objective way as possible, using me supreme zen diagnoses. There is no way to actually discern his alignment other than through other people. He makes no effort to try and relearn how to play mafia, despite seeing that it can be done. I suppose he's been too tainted with Epic Mafia style mentality. Anyways, he will probably never improve. Again, I don't say this to be mean, but just as an objective reality.

FiE I don't know what that was about this game. Some games he has his moments, others he doesn't I suppose. Would really like to understand why he played this way this game dough.....

Jdietz is mad smart and tactical when he wants to be. I do recall him being this bad as town before though I think, which is why I've kept an open mind after making my case. The fact that he has not actually made an effort to look at the game as a whole and any player other than myself despite promising to do so makes me just think he's scum. But I keep going back and forth.

Red Ryu joining every game and proddodging throughout is so disrespectful idonteven. I just don't get it. This game it seems pretty intentional though. I will be really disappointed if town does not lynch him for this. The idea that you would not lynch someone @ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen because they haven't provided any content is absolutely vomitocious (made up words ftw). This has actually been a huge reason why dgames town has tended to consistently lose; because all mafia has to do is be inactive while the townies attack anyone who has actually been posting, because that's all they have to go on. @ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen in the future, pressure and lynch inactives as early as possible no matter what anyone tells you as they will most likely be your down fall.

Don't trust Gheb for one bit. Playing town-tell POE roulette? Right. Coercing players to put Maven at L-1 then claiming that Maven shouldn't have claimed and wasn't actually scummy. Yeaah.

Anyways that's all from me. Peace out dgames.

P.S: I've been waiting for Rosalina to be lynched or killed in a game so I could post this. Mad that I wont get to use it.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say I have much potential. So far every large read I've had on someone was wrong. Only exception I can think of right now is my scum read on Zen in PyP.

Still I see your point on Ryu.

Vote Ryu

Voting him right now isn't going to cause a meltdown.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm back, sorry for the lack of contribution the past two days, I had a work event and a friend get into trouble and just couldn't be arsed.

Reading up now.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyways from there responses, my perception of Gheb and Jdietz have switched. So I think more likely to least likely scum is Gheb > Ryu > Dietz.

Reason being:

1. Jdietz' #414 is a point in his favor. Primarily I like that he finally admitted that he understood.
2. Gheb I would have felt less suspicious of had the reasoning for his actions been what I thought it could have been. But it seems it's not the case.

Would lynch Gheb or Ryu.
Okay one last question for you Zen before you ragequit again:

Why are you pushing a Ryu lynch at the moment over a Gheb one when you've consistently had Gheb as a higher priority, both in your huge walls and in this post where you reanalyze? Is it compromise or do you actually want him more?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm going to go do those ISOs to see how I feel about the proposition of Ryu over Zen.

(But every time I've ever seen Zen pretend to ragequit Dgames forever again it's when he's scum and thinks he can't win anymore)

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Gheb you never followed up on a Jdietz analysis as you promised.

Jdietz has failed to comment on other players as promised.

Ryu has clearly been intentionally avoiding the game.

Seal is Seal.

----

We aren't lynching players that have actually been putting in effort in the game (ie me, jay, rosa, and gheb). We are lynching Ruy today and that's the bottom line. If he's town we are ****ed, but we've been ****ed from the beginning if he is town. This game will be my last in Dgames. And this will actually be my last post hopefully for a while if not forever. The quality of the play here is at the lowest I've possibly seen.

Rosalina and Jay are clearly notable exceptions. Both still have some things to learn, but I see much potential in each. The logic that Jay has been using for a lot of the game has been really on point and Rosalina has been able to empathize with players really well, especially when they are in the hot seat.

Maven just played a bad game, but we all have those. I still think he can be a really great player. He just seems to struggle with finding a balance between listening to his own voice and that of others. Ex: pyp he didn't listen to his own instincts. Here that's all he did.

Seal is absolutely hopeless. I mean this in the most objective way as possible, using me supreme zen diagnoses. There is no way to actually discern his alignment other than through other people. He makes no effort to try and relearn how to play mafia, despite seeing that it can be done. I suppose he's been too tainted with Epic Mafia style mentality. Anyways, he will probably never improve. Again, I don't say this to be mean, but just as an objective reality.

FiE I don't know what that was about this game. Some games he has his moments, others he doesn't I suppose. Would really like to understand why he played this way this game dough.....

Jdietz is mad smart and tactical when he wants to be. I do recall him being this bad as town before though I think, which is why I've kept an open mind after making my case. The fact that he has not actually made an effort to look at the game as a whole and any player other than myself despite promising to do so makes me just think he's scum. But I keep going back and forth.

Red Ryu joining every game and proddodging throughout is so disrespectful idonteven. I just don't get it. This game it seems pretty intentional though. I will be really disappointed if town does not lynch him for this. The idea that you would not lynch someone @ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen because they haven't provided any content is absolutely vomitocious (made up words ftw). This has actually been a huge reason why dgames town has tended to consistently lose; because all mafia has to do is be inactive while the townies attack anyone who has actually been posting, because that's all they have to go on. @ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen in the future, pressure and lynch inactives as early as possible no matter what anyone tells you as they will most likely be your down fall.

Don't trust Gheb for one bit. Playing town-tell POE roulette? Right. Coercing players to put Maven at L-1 then claiming that Maven shouldn't have claimed and wasn't actually scummy. Yeaah.

Anyways that's all from me. Peace out dgames.

P.S: I've been waiting for Rosalina to be lynched or killed in a game so I could post this. Mad that I wont get to use it.
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong in your eyes. Not once in this game have I said anything like the "epic mafia playstyle" you seem to use as an insult of sorts. Maybe I'm on the less-active side, but I'm not refusing to give reads or saying "anyone can be anything" like last game. Saying "I'm objective" and "not trying to be mean" doesn't change the fact that what you just said about me hurts; why do you take rude personal digs at other people (both maven earlier and me now) over a forum game?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, at this point the only thing that's left to do for me is to figure out how much sense a SOZ / Ryu team would make. Seems pretty safe to assume that we're on the right track there unless a flip shows us wrong.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong in your eyes. Not once in this game have I said anything like the "epic mafia playstyle" you seem to use as an insult of sorts. Maybe I'm on the less-active side, but I'm not refusing to give reads or saying "anyone can be anything" like last game. Saying "I'm objective" and "not trying to be mean" doesn't change the fact that what you just said about me hurts; why do you take rude personal digs at other people (both maven earlier and me now) over a forum game?
Don't worry about that. He doesn't realize it but he's actually talking about himself, not you.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, this turns out to be a REALLY easy Iso for Ryu. These are all the notable posts that were actually talking about the game from D1.

Rosalina can die, actions don't match up with the posts.

@ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen You agree?
First post was worst post. This has been discussed already. Zen goes on to call it out and Ryu responds that he's busy and should be voted then if people feel that way, but that he's serious.

Reasoning with actions didn't match up and when pressured to act on the RVS vote I don't like how he went for it over what looked like better content with you.

Or I just sheeped because it seemed like a good direction to push.
I don't get why he bothered with the second sentence here.

Oh that claim, I'm reading while I wait for food.
Rosalina is making better posts though.

At least to the point where i can believe it was more likely a mess up.

Jaytheunseen is town, super townie post on his points in Maven.

Without a CC Maven is town.

So I'm looking in the Gheb,FE,Zen,Dietz area.

Not as sure in Gheb or Zen, more so ok with Gheb than Zen.

I don't recall much from Dietz that was a town read, will read up on his stuff. Same with FE.

Vote: Fie
For the record, this vote was super necessary to get a lynch D1, but it was made with no announcement which is never a good thing.

I do not like Zen's posts on Maven or Rosalina.

If FiE is town we lynch Zen's slot without hesitation outside of a PR clear.
That sucks.

Looking at Zen as my #1 tomorrow.

Maven do what you think is best, don't out what you are going to do.

Rosalina needs to open up a bit more.

Jay is most likely town.

Dunno aboout Dietz.

I want to trust Gheb but I'm not solid on it and I do not think Zen and Gheb are aligned.
I could do that before the night is over.

I haven't nailed a strong town read on either of you and I find you more so to be scummy.

Second I'm not sure, I have a lot of PoE slots at the end.
Here at the end he promises some reads on me that don't happen before the night is out, but he then goes on to try and read the whole game at the start of D2.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Day 2:

I'll do a full reread tomorrow.

Just right now I got another test I gotta study for and two assignments.
Pages 1-3:

The more I read RvS the more I regret I voted Rosalina...that was a terrible vote on my part.

mfw lazy ruy realizes this on a reread.
Hmm, though with the voters...I don't see anything off there. Deserved and imo good pressure to start the game seems alright.
Internet went out at my house, working on this tomorrow to finish it up.

Sorry about this :<
Internet is fixed!

Back to where I was.
...and we're done.

Okay no lie I didn't expect Ryu's contributions to be this weak going back to read him. I've legit gotten more out of Seal than I have out of this.

I didn't think I was going to say this going in, but I would be totally fine with a Ryu lynch over Zen if it comes to that. I've gotta think about it a little since I really don't want to leave Zen for a second day.

In light of this I don't think a Gheb ISO is necessary, but I may demonstrate a few posts on why I think he's more town than scum since people are arguing for it and I don't see why that's a priority.

SOZ' Buster Blade

Sephiroth's Masamune | Orboknown | Zen
I wouldn't say I have much potential. So far every large read I've had on someone was wrong. Only exception I can think of right now is my scum read on Zen in PyP.

Still I see your point on Ryu.

Vote Ryu

Voting him right now isn't going to cause a meltdown.
doesn't matter much yet if your reads are right, that'll come with time. You have a good head providing reasoning for it all which is a good thing

Yeah just ignore zen when he gets like this

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Speaking of Ryu I'm running out of patience regarding his 'activity'. At this point he's clearly avoiding the thread on purpose. He's probably scum.

Me too. @ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu

I've never specifically promised an analysis of Dietz' slot.

Can you give one anyway?

I think Zenny's point is that your playstyle is very similar to inactive play, and can be detrimental to our ability to read you. As town, you do not want that to happen, and as mafia, you want them to read you incorrectly. However, I do agree Zenny was too harsh.

Day 2:

...and we're done.

Okay no lie I didn't expect Ryu's contributions to be this weak going back to read him. I've legit gotten more out of Seal than I have out of this.

I didn't think I was going to say this going in, but I would be totally fine with a Ryu lynch over Zen if it comes to that. I've gotta think about it a little since I really don't want to leave Zen for a second day.

In light of this I don't think a Gheb ISO is necessary, but I may demonstrate a few posts on why I think he's more town than scum since people are arguing for it and I don't see why that's a priority.
What's an ISO?

Consider my vote on Ryu right now.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote: Ryu

Yeah we can't abide this, especially not from a slot that's usually way more readable.

I don't think we could possibly get enough from Ryu before tomorrow to justify keeping him. And if we did, he'd definitely make it to lylo and then we'd have to guess.

Top Bottom